• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Black and White (Spoiler Warning)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Just got back/Spring Break status now. A friend of mine let me borrow their DS until the 3DS comes out. <3
On top of that, first thing I did was walk into Pinwheel Forest and find an Illigant. 2gud. Gonna go beat Skyla w/it now.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was aware that Reshiram was easy to catch before I wasted my masterball.... I'm having a hard time ganking that lvl. 70 Volcarona.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Currently in the electric cave with

Korkorok Lv34
Emboar Lv37
Tesshido/Ferraseed Lv25
Boldore Lv31
Pansage Lv12
Tranquill Lv23

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I just got to the second gym and fought N for the second time

My Team:
lvl 13 Woobat (FRUITY)
lvl 14 Oshawott (WOTTER)
lvl 13 Patrat (no nickname :/)
lvl 13 Pansear (PANSEXUAL)

Yeah... I always keep my nicknames in uppercase for some reason

And still aiming for that Zuru/Wargle :/

ARRAARAAGHRAHG ****ING PETILIL

I just got beat by one ****ing Petilil who kept haxing me with its Sleep Powder/Leech Seed stall combo I can't ****ing believe it

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pansexual actually made me lol Fuel.

My 3 favourite nicknames are my Swoobat (Dr Love) my Elgyem (Andromeda) and my Co***rigus (Cursed). Probably the hardest Pokemon to think of a nickname for was Haxorus, because seriously that's the most perfect Pokemon name ever, so I just ended up calling it Hacker. Not as good as Haxorus but hell I want to nickname all my Pokes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Co***rigus
Nice call on the name there GF

And damn it man, this game is so ****ing long. I swear it was never this long in DP. I could beat it in one or two days if I wanted. This I can tell is gonna take me a week.

And the Huin gym (yeah, I prefer Huin over Castelia get @ me) is too easy. I'm just tearing through everything with my Pansage, Woobat, and partly my Dewott

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hell yeah. you guys rock.

wow. i traded to this one girl a petilil early game, and after i beat the elite four she challenged me with only a level 65 lilligant. so good. it defeated my level 42 lilligant (though i couldve won if it wasnt for confusion hax!!!! :D)

my current lilligant has hp ghost. not great competitively, but good for the in-game elite 4!

i still want a modest hp ice lilli.

Octave

Smash Ace
Probably the hardest Pokemon to think of a nickname for was Haxorus, because seriously that's the most perfect Pokemon name ever, so I just ended up calling it Hacker. Not as good as Haxorus but hell I want to nickname all my Pokes.
I named mine Alt F4.

M.K

Level 55
Currently in Swirl Mountain with the following team:

@ Level 39
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor
-Dig
-Protect

@ Level 40
-Bulldoze
-Stealth Rock
-Rock Slide
-Iron Defense

@ Level 39
-Shadow Ball
-Will-O-Wisp
-Grass Knot
-Power Split

@ Level 39
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Charge Beam
-Simple Beam

@ Level 38
-Surf
-Ominous Wind
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

BSP

Smash Legend
Got White yesterday and I'm at the Cold Storage. I'm gonna find some ice.

I usually don't raise a team of 6 since you usually need HMs frequently, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this game :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
flying golurk and surfing bouffalant ALL DAY.

can't sacrifice style for hm slaves. gotta stay stylish.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*phew* I've spent the last two days trying to get a decent Thundurus, and it's been holding up my journey, but I finally settled for a Mild one with 31 Sp. Att. and a pretty high Speed IV. Its HP IV is poopy, but oh well.

I finally made it to Victory Road with my team of Samurott, Unfezant, Throh, Lilligant, Zoroark, and Pansear (yes, still a Pansear), all around level 45. But! I'm making a detour to collect some Synchronizers for the other legendaries first!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The E4 in this game was the hardest E4 in any game, hands down.
-DD

Chill

Red
BRoomer
*phew* I've spent the last two days trying to get a decent Thundurus, and it's been holding up my journey, but I finally settled for a Mild one with 31 Sp. Att. and a pretty high Speed IV. Its HP IV is poopy, but oh well.

I finally made it to Victory Road with my team of Samurott, Unfezant, Throh, Lilligant, Zoroark, and Pansear (yes, still a Pansear), all around level 45. But! I'm making a detour to collect some Synchronizers for the other legendaries first!
Why haven't you evolved it yet?

I'm waiting until I've beaten the game before I hunt for legendaries. I prefer to do it that way so I don't feel rushed and I have all the "tools" I need. It also gives me something to do once the main adventure is over. It can become a little ridiculous though. I haven't caught a single legendary in my soul silver game. That game has way too many legendaries in it.

I've just picked up my 8th badge. I don't want this game to end. :(

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Psy's Unfeazant uses detect: It protected itself
Foe Mienshao(4hp left) uses jump kick, Mienshao missed, it kept going and crashed. Mienshao fainted.
and that's how I beat the last member in the elite four.

lol

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah Chill, there is a ton of post-game content. Don't worry about it. I'm up to around Village Bridge now. Looking forward to rebattling the E4.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Finally got my Scraggy. I now finally got to Nimbasa City and my team atm is:

Sandile lvl 19(DEALWITHIT) - I got this one because my team needed a good electric resist for the next gym >_>
Dewott lvl 21 (WOTTER)
Woobat lvl 22 (FRUITY)
Simisear lvl 22 (PANSEXUAL)
Timburr lvl 22 (LORAX)
Scraggy lvl 17 (SCRAPPER)

Got rid of Patrat because by the time I got to the second gym, that thing became a piece of **** with its terrible defense while Timburr has surprisingly become the powerhouse of my team with its good defenses and great attack

And I wish I could get my Swoobat (if that's what it's called I don't remember all these names yet DX) already. I really hate the happiness system of having to get full happiness to just evolve

And the level at which some of these pokemon evolve is insane. I don't have the patience to reach lvl 39 to just evolve my Zuruggu into Zuruzukin

EDIT: And N's battle music is absolutely amazing btw

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Why haven't you evolved it yet?

I've just picked up my 8th badge. I don't want this game to end. :(
I dunno, I just want to see how far I can get with my little Pansear the way it is. It's getting to about that time though.

And I'm with you about not wanting the game to end; pre-E4 was epic, so I haven't even ventured into Victory Road. And I haven't even had the game for a week yet. :glare:

I'm currently battling Cobalion, and he's being a punk.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Yeah as Chill said, evolve that Pansear. It quits learning moves at lvl 43, so evolving is good from then on.

Unless you are big into aesthetics. Then keep it as Pansear. Simisear is so awkwardly terrible that I even considered not evolving it myself.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Blegh, this game is somehow retardedly haxxed hard. I'm serious I bought about 20 Hyper Potions before I fought Elese and I swear I used 18 of those, which wouldn't have been an issue if she didn't have 2 ****ing Emongas on her team because Sand Tomb doesn't work on Flying Types :mad:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Blegh, this game is somehow retardedly haxxed hard. I'm serious I bought about 20 Hyper Potions before I fought Elese and I swear I used 18 of those, which wouldn't have been an issue if she didn't have 2 ****ing Emongas on her team because Sand Tomb doesn't work on Flying Types :mad:

Yeah, shes one of the harder leaders.
All the important fights have some good level of difficulty if you didn't over-level.
-DD

M.K

Level 55
So far, I think Clay was my hardest gym. His Excadrill could've posted a huge threat, but it stopped using it's moves during the sweep which let me counter it O_O

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Unless you are big into aesthetics. Then keep it as Pansear. Simisear is so awkwardly terrible that I even considered not evolving it myself.
I used to not even like Pansear, but it started growing on me after using it. By the way, Acrobatics is awesome. And call me slow, but I just realized all the elemental monkeys' cries are similar.

So far, I think Clay was my hardest gym. His Excadrill could've posted a huge threat, but it stopped using it's moves during the sweep which let me counter it O_O
My hardest Gym Battle was against Lenora. She's the only one that I managed to lose against (and more than once at that). Stupid Take Down and Retaliate. Everyone else was pretty easy because I had a type advantage with one of my Pokemon for most of them except Elesa and Iris.

So has anybody found a new appreciation for a Pokemon that they didn't have before since using it in a playthrough? I really like Pan/Simisear and Lilligant now.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"K, I'm in Twist Mountain. Cryogonal has a 1% encounter rate in Autumn. Time to buckle down and look for it!"

*6 encounters later*

*Cryogonal's cry*

"..........."

"8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD"

Needless to say, I love Cryogonal LOL

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I used to not even like Pansear, but it started growing on me after using it. By the way, Acrobatics is awesome. And call me slow, but I just realized all the elemental monkeys' cries are similar.

My hardest Gym Battle was against Lenora. She's the only one that I managed to lose against (and more than once at that). Stupid Take Down and Retaliate. Everyone else was pretty easy because I had a type advantage with one of my Pokemon for most of them except Elesa and Iris.

So has anybody found a new appreciation for a Pokemon that they didn't have before since using it in a playthrough? I really like Pan/Simisear and Lilligant now.
I've gotten a new appreciation for the Roobushin line. Timburr is a ****ing tank. I swear everytime he Wake Up Slaps someone it's hitting somewhere in the 50-90% range on pokemon that are like 5 levels above the thing. I can't wait to evolve it into Gurdurr to cause even more destruction.

EDIT:

And no offense, but Cryogonal is really stupid looking. I swear that thing looks like it belongs in another game imo

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Cryogonal has become my favorite Pokemon of all because of how it looks (DEMONIC SNOWFLAKE. WITH A MUSTACHE.) and its status as a glass "cannon."

Catching a Cryogonal was my number one priority when I first turned on Black. I'm glad it didn't take me long to find it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have my team, all poke-genned legally but perfect<3:

~Lv37 SCraggy
~lv36 Serperior
~lv36 Axew
~lv36 Archen
~lv36 Simipour(Hm *****)