• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Villi

Smash Lord
omg y u say dat! lol I can write more later and I feel the same way except about Ivy, which I'd say is more 70:30-65:35... cuz she can definitely be gimped (she'll make it hard with fairs) but her range and kill power make her frustrating to approach and difficult to camp. Ivy's up b and retreating razor leafs and ledge camping. It's probably because of the disadvantage that she super camps, but depending on how close you are even powershielding a razor leaf and throwing a turnip can be blocked. Charizard's rocksmash can be gotten around with nairs and up smashes or aim your fairs up the butt, Charizard's weak point. Squartle is annoying but he just needs to be out spaced.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
peach:ivy is more like 90:10 tbqh

and it's called BULLET SEED edrees, get it right !

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Ivysaur sucks against Peach, pretty much said it right...

Squirtle, I see as 60-40 favor Peach. I'm still not entirely sure about Squirtle's hit boxes, but I think Peach beats him on aerial. Squirtle's ground game is ok, but I think most of Peach's moves outrange him. Beware of the hydro plane.

Charizard... I agree to a 55-45 Charizard. He's just Charizard.

Xyless

Smash Master
Whenever I play as Ivysaur, I tend to use his neutral air to approach, follow into an up tilt, then jump to an up air. Obviously, I'm no pro, but I figured I'd at least say what I do.

Also, I back air to keep my distance. The biggest thing that we'd need to be careful about is a well-placed up air from Ivysaur, but considering it's Peach, she's hard to hit with it.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Pends on Ivysaur's position when she does it. If Ivysaur manages to Di out toward Peach's sides, then Bullet Seed will break Peach's combo and lock her in the attack. From any other direction, I don't think Ivysaur can break it unless it's a high Dair.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I don't play against Pokemon Trainer much. I fought Valdens once, and ***** it (as he doesn't main PT), but I actually had an annoying time against the Ivysaur- he backair camped me. Granted, I had never fought an Ivysaur before.

What do you do if they're back air camping?

(yeah, Valdens is really good at characters with a good back air >_> )

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
idk much about this matchup but edreese's zard/squirtle neutral and ivy **** sound okay. rock smashing peach's dair is cool. zard's pretty heavy so you'll have a tough time getting the KO. the only thing that'd really keep me from saying advantage zard is combos at low percent, but using the other two pokemon and bringing in zard at mid to high percent makes charizard more effective.

squirtle's got very good aerial mobility, i think he can go toe to toe with peach in the air.

just skipping ivysaur in the rotation isn't a bad idea if it's a 30-70 disadvantage (or worse i guess lol). then the matchup is basically whatever zard and squirtle are.

ivysaur bair wall is really pretty good when the opponent is in the air! good anti-air move. it's not as good when the opponent is on the ground though. ivy's nair is probably his best aerial. not much range but good damage and sets up into tilts/grabs/bullet seed. it also spikes.

squirtle can do some really crazy glidetoss stuff so be aware of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxZU7_iMEM

ivy can too but not as crazy. still, gt bullet seed is :D

and yeah, bullet seed has invincibility so it can punish a lot of stuff.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Numbers sound fine to me... but i think ivy is not that bad, she can stop approaches pretty well and her antiair game works pretty good against peach's floating stuff, and she has nice aerial range thanks to fair and bair.. something like 65-35 or 70-30 seems right

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ok breakdown of some strategy.

Charizard - You gottta be careful when approaching, he is hard to approach. I suggest using a lot of moves that come out quick. Jab to grabs are really good, downsmash is a good shieldpoke. Treat him like you treat DK with all those megazords of heavy/super armor attacks.

Squirtle - Back air, back air, back air. You need to it to beat his aerials and approaches. Ground floated back airs are good to stop his hydroplaney thingey approachey. If you see him coming , a ground floated back air hits him out of it. If he reverses direction to dodge it, by the time he can come back again you land to cancel the lag from the back air and can start up a new one. I developed this idea pretty recently and it works quite well. Don't forget the release grab chain grab (though I'm not sure if its gauranteed I think it is), it'll help recharge your moves. Turnips are crucial too since he doesn't have an actual projectile.

Ivysaur - Already went through this one. Space your down airs properly so bullet seed doesn't come out to break them. Shield an attack--> turnip game is very good here.

I don't really think Peach has a large advantage though she does have it. 55-45 honestly. I used to think PT sucks until I played some real good ones and it's pretty tricky even though I know the matchup inside and out.

ALSO: BAN CORNERIA ( A MUST) IF ITS ON!

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Because of the low ceiling... all of the pokemon in PTs arsenal can ko well at the top of the screen and peach is pretty light

Xyless

Smash Master
Ah. Normally the low ceiling is useful for Peach (at least in GG), but I guess Corneria isn't a great Peach stage anyway, so it makes sense.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
We eat peaches We grind up peaches to make our pokemon blocks and then feed it to our BIDOOFs But seriously i dont like this matchup

DemonFart

Smash Lord
i agree rickerdy. with the low ceilings and peaches light weight it can be somewhat of a problem for peach

gantrain05

Smash Master
it really doesnt have much to do with the low ceiling, its mostly due to the extremely uneven ground, it makes it near impossible for peach to consistantly auto cancel her arials on this stage, it completely removes her option of ground float, and makes her approach game suffer quite a bit.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
rowan ***** my *** in friendlies at midwest championships lol. peach is so good wtf why did no one tell me??

ivysaur isn't that bad, its spacing is better than peach's. it's not a good matchup but not 80-20 **** lol.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Squirtle : 45-55. Peach's favor.

A good squirtle can stay toe to toe with a good peach. They are basically dead even in everything except killing power. Squirtle has a real hard time killing in general. Do smart floats every now and then or else you'll constantly eat squirtles fair. Throw many turnips, space appropriately and always tech to make sure you don't get jab locked. At high percentages, one good fair or fsmash will more then likely be enough to stock squirtle.

Ivysaur: 40-60. Peach's favor.

Not as bad as everyone makes it seem. Ivysaur does best at Midrange. Basically if you can't hit her with your second Jab, quickly roll away. DON'T roll towards her as you put yourself at risk of rolling right into a fsmash or a badly timed bullet seed. Speaking of bullet seed, did you know that Bullet Seeds initial hitbox (a small quake like feature (or the leaves?)) will only function unless the opponent is firmly on the ground? (*Much like Charizards Dsmash.) DI towards him if you get hit by the initial hitbox to avoid the seeds. Some common bullet seed setups include: FFCancelled Nair to Bullet Seed, Spot dodge to Bullet seed, and if you have bad DI, dthrow to Bullet Seed.

Like GaW, If Ivysaurs back is turned at anytime, expect a bair.

Ivysaur does the worst at the edges of the stage (because of fear of getting gimped) just pressure her and knock her off. Throw a turnip to keep her off. Remember, Ivysaur will try to Razor Leaf you off the ledge in order to secure a tether.

Once your invincibility frames are up, with proper aerial spacing, Ivysaur will try a last ditch attempt to knock you off the ledge with vine whip. A sweet spotted vine whip will more then likely stage spike you causing you to lose a stock before Ivysaur does which in turn wins games. (I LOVE doing this btw lol.)

Charizard: 50-50. Equal

Rock Smash destroys everything you do. It even destroys MK's tornado. Charizard WILL use Rock Smash. There is no exception. Its priority and power (could do 44%+ in one move) will ensure its use. A Charizards bair, fair (and IIRC nair, and uair) can all be short hopped with no landing lag and thus a Rock Smash will often be waiting for you at the end of these moves. Approach with care. You will more then likely die at stupidly low percentages if you get hit by his head during Rock Smash, so don't get hit. Rock smash weakness is it's bad ending lag so try to punish it frequently.

His usmash is also very good. It's speed and relatively far range of the first hitbox makes it great for follow ups especially after a Rock Smash. It's possible to DI out of his usmash by smash DI'ing towards him after the first hit.

He has melee marth's grab range so expect lots of shield grabbing. His Dthrow can kill (only at mid to high percentages though.)

Most of charizards good moves have noticeable ending lag, so punish away!..carefully (I.E. watch for sudden rocks lol.) Charizard has very little recovery options. Seriously, the best he can do is to either glide or rock smash on the way down. Take immediate advantage of this weakness and edgeguard the living daylight out of him. Overall Charizard hates pressure and doesn't like to be punished. His size doesn't help mich either.

Another thing about Charizard is that his fair has melee sheiks knockback (IMO). Only the initial hit within the wings and one of the ending hits will cause the knockback. All other hits in between has no priority and will cause little to no hit stun.

-----------------

Overall I give the matchup as a whole a 55-45. Peach's favor. Basically Squirtle will be used to try to counter your aerial game, Ivysaur for getting you at long range with razor leaf and midrange. And Charizard for killing you and grabbing you at close range.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Well... once this thread gets going again. I vote we should do ZSS next. I've only played 2 good ZSS's, one irl and Speculosity thru Wifi and I kinda want to know a bit more about the matchup; That is.. If no one else has any PT input.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I've been like really busy lately and couldn't check out these threads, could someone be kind enough to show me the numbers for the matchups discussed during late december til now? I wanna update the matchup chart. KTHX :bee:

Top Bottom