• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Cia

das kwl
i just hit lucas.. and i win. sorry if that's too vague, but it works. 7-3 peach's favor. oh and throw a turnip at pk thunder, and he dies (it's in my combo video.. LOL)

:colorful:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I have pretty much no experience vs Lucas whatsoever. Perfect shield his Pk Fire's (they always are fired horizontally in a straight line), Nair through his Pk Thunder if he tries to hit you with the projectile version, F Tilt his aerials, don't Toad his Up Smash and F Smash and watch out for that bizzare wavebounce recovery thing he has...

That's all I can think up for now

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i just hit lucas.. and i win. sorry if that's too vague, but it works. 7-3 peach's favor. oh and throw a turnip at pk thunder, and he dies (it's in my combo video.. LOL)

you gotta be kidding me.
I just hit peach and she dies. usmash is tooooo gooooddzzzzz and she is light. oh and pk freeze her recovery and she dies lololol. 80-20 Lucas' favor.

seriously it's about 55-45 or 60-40 in peach's favor. our uair beats your dair. we have pk fire as a pretty good spacing tool. we can force you to stop floating with pk fire or PKT. still... your zoning is superior to ours, you have stupid grab release shenanigans, more priority and more range. you can't gimp us easily regardless of what people like to believe. We can't gimp you, but we can do some damage before you get back to the stage.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Nair through his Pk Thunder if he tries to hit you with the projectile version
I've been meaning to tell ya Rick. This doesn't work.

Nair will only stop it if the Lucas/Ness is aiming the sphere part at you - smart players are going to be aiming the paralyzing tail at you. I still can't find a solution for this myself though.

you have stupid grab release shenanigans
Do we?

Cia

das kwl
so, mind if we do him next?
LOLOL @ this
--------------------

but back on topic.

pink fresh - sorry if my post seemed a little douche baggy. but i've never had to do anything special to beat lucas. pk FIRE can be annoying, but that's why we have shields. i just throw him off the stage and melee edge guard him. Lucas is completely ruined by turnip stool and it's not at all hard to do because of his dumb second jump.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
wait..so Usmash actually WORKS in singles?
not often, but you would be surprised.
it was just a joke, because the previous poster made it seem like it is that easy, when it is not.

edit: It is cool VaNz. The Lucas mains you face must be unaware of zap jumping, which will almost completely eliminate peach's ability to gimp Lucas, regardless of Lucas' position off stage.

Cia

das kwl
nahh, the Lucas mains in NY are fully aware of Lucas' ATs. they pretty much steal everything Ninjalink puts out.. haha. but just Fthrow him at a low percent, and keep him off til you get the footstool. it's not as easy as it sounds. but it usually works.

and because of Peach's Float, she's one of the best Air dodge punishers so.. yeeeah. idk, i'd need some serious convincing that lucas even has a chance in the match up. it's not as bad as Dedede v Olimar though.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've been meaning to tell ya Rick. This doesn't work.

Nair will only stop it if the Lucas/Ness is aiming the sphere part at you - smart players are going to be aiming the paralyzing tail at you. I still can't find a solution for this myself though.
SHUSH!

You're supposed to keep it secret!

Ok yea, that was bad of me for ignoring that when I did that move...I'll find some ways to stop the tail. If you're really high up though, Toad would be the best thing to do

And we do have grab release stuff on Lucas. I don't know what Peach can do though. Can she force a jump release on Lucas?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Pink Fresh were the only Lucas mains here...lol
The others must be mad at the thread that said Lucas was gay...which is not true!!!!
Ok...this match up for Lucas is difficult....Peach's jab is faster than ours and all her aerials out prioritize ours...alot of Lucas mains have trouble against Peach...But if we space right and play defensive we can win this one...Peach has a tough time KOing Lucas...her fair is predictable....the easiest way for Peach to KO Lucas is off stage...and you'll only get us about once or twice before we choose a different recovery option besides PKT2: Magnet Pull, Zap Jump, Rope Snake.
Lucas can KO peach very easily...so dont always float over us when you have 80% or we will attempt to up smash u...with lower % uair works well too...and while Peach is floating back to the stage we pretty much have a fresh shot at you with PKT causing Peach alot of damage...
But if Peach plays an offensive game she will most definitely win this match...I find Peach's dair, dsmash, and turnips very annoying in this match...In conclusion....Peach has the advantage 60-40
but we can still win...btw I kept losing to this real good Peach player and that made want to pick her up:)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The others must be mad at the thread that said Lucas was gay...which is not true!!!!
Aww, I hope that's not true. It wasn't in a negative way. He's not even gay, Lucas just has very fabulous hair care.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I know it's not. Everytime Lucas usmashes a floating peach, he looks up her skirt before he kills her.
Ok...this match up for Lucas is difficult....Peach's jab is faster than ours and all her aerials out prioritize ours
not true. Our jabs are the same speed [2 frames]. our uair beats her dair. That is an important thing to note.
...alot of Lucas mains have trouble against Peach...But if we space right and play defensive we can win this one...
speak for yourself. once you learn the matchup, it becomes substantially easier.
Peach has a tough time KOing Lucas...her fair is predictable....the easiest way for Peach to KO Lucas is off stage...and you'll only get us about once or twice before we choose a different recovery option besides PKT2: Magnet Pull, Zap Jump, Rope Snake.
Fair is one her spacing tools. It would probably be diminished, and it would not used as a KO option, unless gimping or near the edge. if we get predictable with dair then peach will just usmash us. Peach almost always has a problem KOing, so i wouldn't really put it as that much of a disadvantage. You really shouldn't be getting gimped against any char (Except mario/MK).

Lucas can KO peach very easily...so dont always float over us when you have 80% or we will attempt to up smash u...with lower % uair works well too...and while Peach is floating back to the stage we pretty much have a fresh shot at you with PKT causing Peach alot of damage...
ehhh pretty much. if you must use your float off stage, a quick pk freeze/pk fire would force you to drop it, then we proceed to edguarding. usmash thing is a once a match/set type thing.
But if Peach plays an offensive game she will most definitely win this match
She should definitey play smartly. Playing offensively will get her punished badly.
...I find Peach's dair, dsmash, and turnips very annoying in this match...In conclusion....Peach has the advantage 60-40
but we can still win...btw I kept losing to this real good Peach player and that made want to pick her up:)
dair is not that bad. dsmash sucks compared to melee (i had to do it). turnips are meh. i think it is 55-45, but 60-40 is also something I could see.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Peach has a slight advantage. 60-40 or 55-45 for you guys. Ban Brinstar against us.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Then don't ban it lol. But this matchup is fun. I like U tilting Peach.

55-45 Peach favour. I'd say more but i'm biased when it comes to these things.

BTW DOn't be toad happy this match. Lucas can hit toad with fsmash and reflect the spores back at her. I've done it before :)

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'd give this match-up about a 55-45. PK Fire pretty much keeps you at bay and forces you to approach with glide tossing or just simply power shielding forward, and when Peach is on the ground she's pretty easy to approach.

My only real thing about this match up is that Peach easily negates our dair (with utilt T_T) and that rules out a large number of options for us, it can be quite a bit harder to land them on her.

Peach CAN gimp Lucas easily, if the Lucas' player isn't careful with his PKT recovery, or tethering. Lucas makes it pretty difficult for Peach offstage, while we may not kill you, we'll sure make your life hell while recovering.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok honestly, I dont see what is so ground breaking abot his Pk Fire on Peach. First off, it goes in a straight air and ground.

Just get a turnip. He does it in the air of short hops it, duck and glide toss to him, and you are in his face. He does it on the ground, short hop it and does a turnip to him or do an air attack. And as edreese said, power shield it.

Seriously, his PK thunder is not something to worry about like this.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
i've done this matchup a good amount. PK fire ***** u guys rofl
PK fire doesn't ****. Like anyone. At all.

><

I mean, maybe when Brawl came out...

If only powershielding wasn't so easy and PK fire had more Shield stun.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Ok honestly, I dont see what is so ground breaking abot his Pk Fire on Peach. First off, it goes in a straight air and ground.

Just get a turnip. He does it in the air of short hops it, duck and glide toss to him, and you are in his face. He does it on the ground, short hop it and does a turnip to him or do an air attack. And as edreese said, power shield it.

Seriously, his PK thunder is not something to worry about like this.
"What's so ground breaking" is that it makes it difficult for you to float effectively. I'm guessing in the last sentence you meant to type PK fire, not PK thunder.

Levitas

the moon
careful cj, some stuff there wasn't really true.

Like we aren't gonna try to usmash a peach floating above us. That's how we would play if we wanted to give the peach a free smash, bomber, or whatever else she wanted.

Lucas KO's peach early due to his hard hitting fsmash more than any other moves. Dthrow kills off the top earlier than it normally would, but lucas's smash is pretty much always a better option.

Peach's float gives her a free ride past our primary spacing options, which sucks for lucas.

Peach's pressure is good, made better by lucas's lack of range on ground moves. Just be sure not to stand there and let the lucas trap you in a shield, because... wait, nevermind. [bad advice] ALWAYS sit there in a shield against lucas. it'll be funny. [/bad advice]

Peach has this matchup in her favor, but it's not a huge margin.

Oh, and Peach doesn't gimp lucas. She kills him off death zones. At high percent. If you get the opportunity, throw a turnip out there and hope to hit lucas during his zap jump and then hope that he's far enough out there that his PKT2 can only get him to the stage, which requires the lucas to either be hit out there low enough that he can't zap jump from a higher place or for the lucas to screw up and think that he should zap jump lower on the screen (which is normally safe)

Edit: Float > PK fire. Do it above a full hop pk fire spacing and it works.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Yeah, I have a pretty easy time keeping Peach on the ground, my problems with Peach generally seem to revolve around the stage, being that smaller stages are far more difficult to navigate on.

Peach gives me a little bit a trouble, but not the mischief you guys think you're cooking up.

Also, no Lucas who knows how to use PK Freeze is just going to land it right on your toad. He'll bait that jazz.

Edit: Float > PK fire. Do it above a full hop pk fire spacing and it works.
Ha, yeah, as if I've ever had trouble camping Peach before.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
guess u dont get my logic. Peach cant block when shes floating. To me it kills the floating game.
Why would Peach be in the air when he PK fires in the air? That's asking to get hit. If he does it and you have a turnip, glide toss him, its a free hit for you. And if he is high enough, run to/Under him and attack. There is a time and a place to be in the air, and not be predictable about it nether. Just like when fighting diddy. he can take down both my air and ground game. so what am I suppose to do? you can't do both at the same time. I have to rotate both of them when the time calls for it. and be quick/smart about it too.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
guess u dont realize how fast his is. Hes gonna PK fire because ur in the air. HE doesnt have much reason to do it when ur not floating. Think about it.

crazycrackers

Smash Journeyman
I would say this matchup is 60-40 in Peach's favor.

PK Fire abuse isn't that amazing. If Peach's turnips are used smartly she can avoid being too badly affected by it. If you force Lucas to move using turnips it can open a few windows for floating approaches. A defensive Lucas can punish a Peach who abuses float. However, a smart Peach can gain the advantage in this matchup. If the Peach makes good use of distracting turnips, glide tosses, and mix-ups using short-hopped aerials, she can put the matchup in her advantage. In addition, when Lucaus uses his Usmash Peach will most likely be floating. However, IF Peach is floating and Lucas is on the ground, Peach has the tactical advantage. While floating, she can maneuver easily. So, if you predict that Lucas may use his Usmash, you should float away from him. A good Lucas can predict this, so when he does; float away while using a fair (incase he tries to jump you). Trying to attack Peach from the ground is just dumb at this point so its not mentionable. I adressed these two topics because they seemed to be brought up constantly with no real discussion of why they are effective. In summation, the key to this matchup for Peach (and Lucas as well I suppose) is to simply space well and play catiously. Neither character should be going too offensive here.

Also: I'm not saying that PK Fire/Usmash aren't serious threats. They definately are. However, I am saying that Peach can still retain a 60--40 advantage in this matchup if catious. If you predict PKF and the height that it is fired you can avoid using your air game at that time. There is a time and place for everything.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
guess u dont realize how fast his is. Hes gonna PK fire because ur in the air. HE doesnt have much reason to do it when ur not floating. Think about it.
Dude is not not groundbraking that it *****. The last massmadness I went too I had a tournanemt match with a camping lucas. He throw lots of PK Fires. And he did it in the air which it pushed him back (never understood that).

Every time he did it in the air I got a turnip and just timed a glide toss and it cracked him. I await for that one opening when he does it in the air and go for it, or I just run under the PK fire. This prevents me from being in the air alot. But you seem to forgets he has a ground game which is freaking good. For PK fires in the air, all you need is a turnip?glide toss, and that crap is dealt with.

Levitas

the moon
She has a grab, a glide toss, and a 2 hit dash attack as ground approaches. That's a lot worse than what she has in the air, so I'm gonna say that if I can cut your aerial approaches with pk fire, it's a win for me.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
she has 2 frame slaps, jab grab, ftilt and dtilt have surprising range and ftilt is quick. also a retreating insta float fair can still be utilized. =o

Top Bottom