• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Forever Outdated :(

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach dittos, like any other dittos, are like marmite - you either love them or you hate them

In it's simplest form, the best advice is to play patient and camp with Turnips until you can get in close

I will say this though - the amount of Toad use I see in some Peach dittos makes lol :p
You don't have to camp. I had Peach players camp me and I just go throw it and get at them. To me, players who camp in the dittos are the ones that don't know how to fight the othet player. Thats my opinion.

yeah, everytime i play dark.pch in peach dittos i get freakin toaded like 4 times a match lol.
When Peach players like to spamm turnips on you, toad is your best friend. Or if they are the aggressive type.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is a wierd formula with Peach dittos. But this is only good for people who are balanced with both a defensive and aggressive style:

Defensive style>Aggressive style

Aggressive style > Defensive style

wierd and looks like it makes no sense no? Well actally it does. I'll let you boys figure this one out while I head to this smashfest. I'll get videos of myself with this new style and seehow it goes. Have not tried it offline yet, can't wait!

later boys.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Okay.

I'll start with standard moves. Her Jab is pretty meh in this match up. If you try to Jab > Grab you can just double Jab between it. Most of the time when I get Jabed I just Jab back, it always works. Her aerials can be a little annoying because they're all so annoying with good priority. Her Dair isnt really a threat in this match up, Nair or Bair OoS works very nicely. Also Utilt OoS can work. Her Fair is pretty meh. If she's constantly autocanceling Fairs rapidly just camp with Turnips and take it from there. Nothing much to say about the other aerials... Her tilts are pretty good. Ftilt and Utilt have very nice range. Her specials are meh also. Turnips are pretty easy to avoid due to their slowness, and the arc they are thrown at. For stitchfaces, your best bet is to sheild since it immediately makes it go away. Although it does make you have a bit more sheild stun than the others. Bombs are dangerous, they can takea stock from you just like that. If she happens to pull one just try your best to be evasive. If she throws it down from below you can blow it up and not be damaged with Utilt., I think sheilding would be good her too. Beamswords were never really a threat to me. Imo they're the worst item, the can EASILY backfire. If you pull one ust keep glide tossing it. I like to glide toss down since it gets a little bounce to it and makes it harder to catch. Mr.Saturns arent much of a problem, just dont sheild. They can break your sheild sometimes. I like pulling these, they get in the way a lot, start combos, and have nice hitstun. Watch out for Toad when playing her aggressively. When she's recovering, its nice to float out and gimp her since she doesnt have a spike. What I love to do if she's recovering completely horizontally in my range I like to Peach Bomber. It has terrific knockback and has a nice little semi spike to it sometimes. Peach's ledge options are pretty poor. When she's on the ledge I like to keep autocanceling Fairs.

All in all its even obviously. The player with more skill mostly wins. That is of course if they dont pull a Bomb : p

gantrain05

Smash Master
Dair still works in this ditto, just not as well as it does on alot of other chars, it can still combo into a Nair or Uair, but its just harder to approach with, since they already know what your doing lol.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes we both get stuck throwing turnips at each other because neither of us wants to approach xD

It's probably one of the best dittos (after Ganondorf and Captain Falcon dittos). xD

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
so for stage picking, would it be better to go to a stage your more comfortable with, or cp both of you and hope the other peach does worse on that stage than you do?

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
Dair is my favorite attack in this match-up as always. Turnip throwing works like normal whenever I fight. However, Toad is really useful in this battle. I find that a lot of Peach forget about a good counter. So few characters have it, but we barely use it. Thats my peach experience, but if If I were fighting Rickerdy....

110-0

rockcrab100

Smash Cadet
I agree with bowser_gangsta, toad counter would be helpful. Especially when both peachs are floating ground level one will go for a fair or dair. Chain grabbing is useless since Peach is so light. Dairing can be blocked by up tilt if peach floats too high. Turnip throwing would remain the same I guess. Pulling dair into fair would be hard since it can be dodged by another peach because it's the other peach obviously knows about that combo. 50-50 duh.
Just my opinion.^

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
so for stage picking, would it be better to go to a stage your more comfortable with, or cp both of you and hope the other peach does worse on that stage than you do?
That's the same thing... but yeah. I just choose the weirdest stage I know.

Distant Planet FTW!

So, I've discovered yet another tactic against floaty Peaches! SH Peach Bomber! ;)

Works everytime.

Villi

Smash Lord
It does stuff if you're in the air when they dair you. Who needs fair priority when you can just challenge with Toad. xD Don't Toad DDDs bair this way. All that sexiness in one fatty kick. >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just space better than my opponent and punish when they miss. That's how I treat this matchup..lol.
One of the ways I go about it too

I recommend a stage you feel you can take full control of depending on how u play. Cause you have no clue what stages your opponent can handle. So why right guess the stage when you can take it to your home turf (w/e stage that is)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
That's the same thing... but yeah. I just choose the weirdest stage I know.

Distant Planet FTW!

So, I've discovered yet another tactic against floaty Peaches! SH Peach Bomber! ;)

Works everytime.
I don't suggest doing anything laggy like Up B (from the ground) or Peach bomber to any frequency in this matchup. If they predict you , you'll get a charged upsmash, and if anyone gets an early KO in this ditto they already won the match. Use it sometimes (Short hop to peach bomber) as its very good, but I wouldn't abuse it or they can just fake you out and land and charge upsmash =)

My favorite stages for Peach dittos are Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, Luigi's Mansion and Castle Siege. Simply because I play on these stages a lot in friendlies with my friends. I always ban FD for the matchup because most everyone is comfortable there. I like Rainbow because I know how to do things like make it look like I suicided but I'm still alive, I know the blast zones at each area. I like Luigi's because I'm really good at teching. Finding stages you are good at are such crucial in winning dittos :D

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah Edreese is right about by if you lose one stock you pretty much lose the match. I love it when (whoever) my opponent is loses a stock because you can land them early Dair combos in and get them up to like maybe 60% before you die. I think Peach benefits most when her opponent loses a stock more than the other characters.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
It applies more to floaty characters than Heavy Characters since Heavy characters have the stamina and weight to deal damage before the final blow, so they aren't as far behind as floaty characters like Peach or Jiggly

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I like using Fair at early percents. It's a GREAT spacing tool and leads to lots of things. Also all you have to do to negate the decrease in killing power is just use other moves to refresh it. Besides I think Peach's main KO strength is off stage gimps. Just use it at early percents and then try to refresh it with nine other moves and you shouldn't have a problem.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Regardless who I play against, I tend to always Fair a lot. Especially since I love insta-floating Fair cancel into Ftilt, catch turnips, and overall, it is used in my entire game play. If you play the way I do, which is not really a good one XD, then it's essential that you use it all the time.

For Peach though, I think saving the Fair is nice, but not necessary. Peach has other moves that kill herself pretty easily like Fsmash and Usmash.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If they predict you , you'll get a charged upsmash, and if anyone gets an early KO in this ditto they already won the match.
Matter of opinion but I don't agree with that. There were times when in dittos where I was losing cause I moved into attacks or combos and my opponent has an early lead. And I just caught up and won. I change how I play when losing. I can switch from defensive to aggressive or the other way around and this helps make up for my early mistakes and get the win.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Free hit if you force her to recover low (with turnips) where she wont land on the ledge (where you'd get a free hit otherwise), but will knock you off with her parasol if you wait. As she's coming up, do that quick drop into a ledgegrab so she doesnt auto-sweetspot the ledge, drop down and double jump UAir her while she pops open her parasol.

I wrote more about this matchup somewhere else, i'll have to find it and link it later~

I love PeachvPeach :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'll right up my book report on this match up on thursday, got alot on the mind and things to deal with. don't have the patients to write all it up atm. though I will still answer questions or give advice in general.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Matter of opinion but I don't agree with that. There were times when in dittos where I was losing cause I moved into attacks or combos and my opponent has an early lead. And I just caught up and won. I change how I play when losing. I can switch from defensive to aggressive or the other way around and this helps make up for my early mistakes and get the win.
Well, it's very hard to do this. It's definitely possible, but against other really really good Peaches, I think it's hard to make a comeback because you have to consistently out guess and out play the opponent for a high amount of percentage. This is harder to obtain when you have to rack someone up to 150% to get a decent kill. By early kill I meant like 75% when a sweetspotted charged upsmash will kill her. Its certaintly not impossible but it gives you a huge, monstrous edge getting an early kill in this matchup so I make that my goal personally. I try to take an early lead or kill, and once I'm in the lead, I know how to play in such a way that gaurantees we trade hits to consistently keep the lead the rest of the match.

Free hit if you force her to recover low (with turnips) where she wont land on the ledge (where you'd get a free hit otherwise), but will knock you off with her parasol if you wait. As she's coming up, do that quick drop into a ledgegrab so she doesnt auto-sweetspot the ledge, drop down and double jump UAir her while she pops open her parasol.

I wrote more about this matchup somewhere else, i'll have to find it and link it later~

I love PeachvPeach :D

THIS. Works sooo well.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I remember when I tried to recover from low with parasol and a peach player (my foe) used Dsmash and staged gimped me. Apparently peach's Dsmash has more priority then her parasol?

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I remember when I tried to recover from low with parasol and a peach player (my foe) used Dsmash and staged gimped me. Apparently peach's Dsmash has more priority then her parasol?
I think it pends on the point of your ascend, because I know Peach is extremely vulnerable from the second to last hit all the way to the last hit, so I think you just got stage gimped there. Missing that ledge sweet really sucks in a match.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Whenever a Peach recovers low and uses Parasol I sheild so that she wont sweetspot and I can get a free grab in.
If you are shielding, Peach can still sweetspot the edge.

Well, it's very hard to do this. It's definitely possible, but against other really really good Peaches, I think it's hard to make a comeback because you have to consistently out guess and out play the opponent for a high amount of percentage. This is harder to obtain when you have to rack someone up to 150% to get a decent kill. By early kill I meant like 75% when a sweetspotted charged upsmash will kill her. Its certaintly not impossible but it gives you a huge, monstrous edge getting an early kill in this matchup so I make that my goal personally. I try to take an early lead or kill, and once I'm in the lead, I know how to play in such a way that gaurantees we trade hits to consistently keep the lead the rest of the match.
Yea It is hard but I have been able to do it alot. or if not win, ake it really close that I could have won. This is just me but in Peach dittos when I am losing, I have no fear at all. Cause I usually switch it up when losing and then I tie up the score again or take the lead. My Peach is balance in both aggressive and defensive. But I am the defensive type more. I can't really play aggressive like that. unless Its a character I have no choice.

No, Its all about timing, cause I hit people out of thier Dsmashes with my Up-B

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Are you talking about if she doesn't sweetspot the ledge, you can just shield her umbrella and grab her then? Or does shielding at the ledge before she uses her up b automatically make her not sweetspot?

Hmmm....

Top Bottom