• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...I really don't think K.Rool is the most wanted character for SSB4. He's really not that popular...heck, Dixie is more likely than him. (And Mewtwo really)

And no one's listening to me. ;_; Mewtwo was in competetion with Jigs in Brawl. Not Lucario. If he replaced Lucario, then we'd be stuck in the first gen only, which is not a good representation of the series. Lucario is the one who's actually going to stay, since he's original, and isn't from the first friggen game.

EDIT: I think someone's lost. This isn't Make your Move. :o

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
...I really don't think K.Rool is the most wanted character for SSB4. He's really not that popular...heck, Dixie is more likely than him. (And Mewtwo really)

And no one's listening to me. ;_; Mewtwo was in competetion with Jigs in Brawl. Not Lucario. If he replaced Lucario, then we'd be stuck in the first gen only, which is not a good representation of the series. Lucario is the one who's actually going to stay, since he's original, and isn't from the first friggen game.
Hmmm...being a huge Luke fan, I want to believe that. If there were any proof to that, I'd be ecstatic. It does make sense.

Still, it doesn't mean Lucario will def. be back for SSB4. Its not like Lucario even NEEDS to be dropped by SSB4.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The proof is basically in Jigglypuff's messed up status in Brawl. She's the only veteran character not in SSE directly, and is at the end of the character credits. Also, if you look at the select screen, you'll notice she's at the bottom, of the Pokemon collum, which stands out, because no other series puts its veterans down there. (They go SSB, SSBM, the SSBB in every other case) This points to her not originally be planned for Brawl. When you consider that Mewtwo had so much data, then it becomes clear that there must have been a late decision between the two, which ended in Jigg's favor.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It's good proof.

Sadly, this will never end the Mewtwo VS Lucario war ._. There's too much concentrated hate already.

It's like writing the Bible, then after mass-producing it, you realise you made a mistake in the beginning.

It's too late. It has been imprinted into the minds of the stupid ._. Oh well.

[/pessimist]

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
As if Pachirisu wasn't enough of a clone.
Hey, Pachirisu has Super Fang. That's an awesome move that Pikachu doesn't get!

I think Lucario has a much higher chance of returning than Mewtwo. Time will pass, and Mewtwo will become more forgotten. Lucario's still gaining popularity with young Pokemon fans as we speak, so we haven't seen his decline in popularity yet, nor do we know how popular he will be when it starts. And Mewtwo...he was cut. Most evidence shows it was in favor of Jigglypuff. When you're cut last moment like that, it says something.

EDIT: I considered the chances of the cutting of Pokemon Trainer as well, but he's got a few things going for him:

-He was a starter and appeared on Brawl's box art. All charaacters that were cut from Melee were unlockable and did not appear on the box art.

-He's got a really unique mechanic (three-in-one!) that still has room to be improved upon.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

EDIT: I think someone's lost. This isn't Make your Move. :o
I didn't say K. Rool is the most wanted character for SSB4, I said he was MY most wanted.

I agree with you on Mewtwo. Nobody listens to me either. OMG LUCARIO AND MEWTWO ARE SIMILIAR LUCARIO REPLACED HIM. I do think Mewtwo has a minimal chance to come back over Lucario though. Not large, but it exists.

*Avoids going into K. Rool debate with the only fool who would dare question his ridiculously likely status and thinks an under the radar character such as Dixie would make it over him*

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*Avoids going into K. Rool debate with the only fool who would dare question his ridiculously likely status and thinks an under the radar character such as Dixie would make it over him*
Psh, they're both pretty under the radar at this point. At least Dixie was almost implemented into Brawl. :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
At least Rool isn't a generic 52854982025th playable character in Mario games when he shows up anymore, which is all Dixie's ever been since DKC3.

COPYPASTA:

Dixie Kong

- Was playable in the games she was in, a trait shared by a vast majority of the Smash cast

- Was playable in two of three of the Donkey Kong Country games, the most iconic games of the franchise.

-Female. K. Rool can counter with villian, but most will say this isn't as important. But really, you've seen brawl, being female doesn't make one more likely, whether or not the roster "Needs more females".

-Was the main character of one of the DKC games, actually having her own game.

-Appears in Mario spin-offs. But really, these Mario Spin Offs don't mean much, as they're just a generic role. Toadette is playable in spin-offs. . .The only reason K. Rool isn't playable in them is because it'd be awkward for Bowser to be the main villian while K. Rool is another generic playable character.

K. Rool

- Has a near perfect attendance record in the DK series, appearing in more games then DK himself, being in virtually every game in the series.

- Actually still has important roles when he shows up in the games, unlike Dixie, who hasn't had ANY important roles since DKC3.

-Popularity. Overall, he seems more popular then Dixie, at least on message boards. Guess what? Popularity on message boards is what matters, because the people not on message boards don't give a ****.

-Moveset potetional. The blunderbuss, the crown, the cape, the claws and teeth, the tail. In the event either Sakurai gets lazy and decides to make one of them a clone, it's physically impossible for K. Rool to use Bowser's B, up B, dsmash and usmash, so he'd probably be more of a Wolf to Bowser then a Falco. Dixie on the other hand -can- use Diddy's moveset. Just because she hasn't used the stuff there doesn't mean she can't, as K. Rool has never used Bowser's moveset either.

-More personality. So what if K. Rool is stereotypical? Dixie hasn't shown enough personality to really. . .have a personality. K. Rool is humorous and a villian, you don't see anybody praising Dixie's personality. Another small monkey is more similar then a mutated king of a different race who uses weapons.

Also of note, Dixie was never SERIOUSLY considered for SSB4 as her own character. K. Rool was on Sakurai’s poll while the only option for Dixie was as a tag team with Diddy. Due to him having originally planned for Diddy and Dixie to be on a tag team, Dixie is in the coding as one of the forbidden 7. K. Rool must’ve also been considered for the 3rd DK rep if there was one, as otherwise he’d be an assist trophy. Notice how DK has no assist trophy?

It's good to have you back, Pieman. Let the K. Rool debates continue.

LSDX

Wah!
Smash Bros and Gamefreak

Whoops... my bad. Wrong thread.
Who comes into a thread saying that they were in a wrong thread??

--
Anyways, the Pokemon franchise will probably end in five representatives which will most likely consist of the following:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Mewtwo
-PKMN Trainer
-Lucario / 5th Generation Representative

The reason I say Lucario will most likely get replaced is due to the fact that if you look at the entire span of Pokemon (Which I dislike now [but I like only the first one hundred and fifty-one]), Lucario is of no real importance to the history of the franchise.

Looking on the flipside, Mewtwo has bad a influential role in the building of having psychic types become leegdnaries; he was the first of his kind of rarity.

My theory is that Gamefreak has a huge say in who appears in the Smash Bros. series, so it would be obvios they would want to represent a newer generation Pokemon in order to sell more games. Just because Lucario appears doesn't neccessarily mean another fighter from Melee couldn't transfer over.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
The proof is basically in Jigglypuff's messed up status in Brawl. She's the only veteran character not in SSE directly, and is at the end of the character credits. Also, if you look at the select screen, you'll notice she's at the bottom, of the Pokemon collum, which stands out, because no other series puts its veterans down there. (They go SSB, SSBM, the SSBB in every other case) This points to her not originally be planned for Brawl. When you consider that Mewtwo had so much data, then it becomes clear that there must have been a late decision between the two, which ended in Jigg's favor.
That's a really good point. I hadn't thought about it. I think jiggs will live on to the next game. All the SSB veterans have, though there were some close calls (ness in melee, what you just said).

Though the part about SSE; if she was in it, you could clear some stages really quickly (ones where you have to go up).

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Overall, I personally think K Rool and Dixie probably have the same odds of being in ssb4, but I'm thinking K.Rool might have a slightly better chance of getting in since he would be more of an "unique" character to add to the roster.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
My theory is that Gamefreak has a huge say in who appears in the Smash Bros. series, so it would be obvios they would want to represent a newer generation Pokemon in order to sell more games. Just because Lucario appears doesn't neccessarily mean another fighter from Melee couldn't transfer over.

But if it was Game Freak/Pokemon Company's decision to include Lucario over Mewtwo for promotion, what makes you think they'd want to put Mewtwo back in? Mewtwo's old news to the franchise now; it's all up to Sakurai to throw his name back into the mix, though apparently he's in favor of keeping Jigglypuff around now, further cementing her into Smash Bros. history.

Overall, I personally think K Rool and Dixie probably have the same odds of being in ssb4, but I'm thinking K.Rool might have a slightly better chance of getting in since he would be more of an "unique" character to add to the roster.
Being "unique" could apply to any newcomer, and besides, we've all seen the Star Fox deal. :ohwell:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@ MasterWarlord

...No offense, but those were pretty terrible reasons . For one, K.Rool has shown up in Mario spin off sports titles recently...well at least one. (The Baseball games are THAT desperate for characters)

Also K.Rool really isn't in more DK games that DK. Even if you don't count DKC2, and DKC3 for some odd reason, K.Rool still doesn't beat out DK himself. K.Rool's "important" roles also don't help those who have those same roles for the most part. The only other final bosses that have gotten in are Bowser and Ganondorf, who are in a leauge of their own. The moveset argument is also messed up, since it really doesn't mean a single thing. (Really, making the argument that Dixie could just use Diddy's stuff despite not using them in the games is about as rational as me saying that K.Rool could use Wario moveset.) Personality is also unimportant, since if K.Rool's mattered, he'd have shown up in more things by now.

The AT/Planned playable character argument doesn't really hold up either. Going by Diddy's akward down B, in addition to how both Dixie and Diddy played in the game, its somewhat clear that they were meant to play a role simmilar to both Ice Climbers and Zelda at the same time. (Basically they'd both be on screen, but their down B would switch them around like it does in the DKC games.) Given this assumption, Dixie probably had her own moveset planned as well, but got scrapped due to the weird combination not working out. (As Sakurai said) K.Rool not being a AT is something that hurts him more, since it shows he really wasn't popular enough. ATs are either unique characters that couldn't play a role due to their nature, or characters that didn't have enough to make it in at the time. Seeing as K.Rool didn't make it in here, or as planned out data like Dixie, its really clear that he was never considerd...like at all. (Also, if you want to know why the DK series didn't get an AT, its for the same reason the Yoshi series didn't get one. The Mario series ate up both their ATs for some reason, and had three in the end)

LSDX

Wah!
But if it was Game Freak/Pokemon Company's decision to include Lucario over Mewtwo for promotion, what makes you think they'd want to put Mewtwo back in? Mewtwo's old news to the franchise now; it's all up to Sakurai to throw his name back into the mix, though apparently he's in favor of keeping Jigglypuff around now, further cementing her into Smash Bros. history.
I'm just stating two points that possibly contradict myself.

1). Lucario is in Smash to promote newer games in the franchise due to him being the most recognizable Pokemon of the fourth generation.

2). Mewtwo being scrapped from Brawl was split into three parts: a good business deal, complete laziness of the programmers and designs, and a mistake.

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
I always believed Dixie would be in Brawl, just because of her great Moveset potential. K. Rool seems a bit trickier to make into a playable character, but I guess if they mad Snake into one they can make anyone into one.

I believe Jiggs is a great character and will stay in SSB. I do believe Mewtwo was replaced for Lucy. Mewtwo is also a first generation pokemon making 3 first gens and 1 2nd gen. Mewtwo and Lucy are quite similar. So, for better representation and stuff, I believe they replaced Mewtwo with Lucy, Just as I believe they replaced Roy with Ike (Although I like both!) for similar reasons.

Sorry if I am repeating what others have already said... I am coming late into this debate! lol

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Jiggs cheap for upward sidescrolling? Blasphemy!

Use Kirby's uThrow and you've just beat the level.

Yoshi has a movement special: Egg Roll, but was still playable the whole time.

You could spam Fox's SideB (with cancel) to make a LOT of horizontal distance quickly.

I support the "Jiggs replaced Mewtwo" theory.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Jiggs cheap for upward sidescrolling? Blasphemy!

Use Kirby's uThrow and you've just beat the level.

Yoshi has a movement special: Egg Roll, but was still playable the whole time.

You could spam Fox's SideB (with cancel) to make a LOT of horizontal distance quickly.

I support the "Jiggs replaced Mewtwo" theory.
As do I.

And, since Pikachu/Jiggz were in SSB64, they're not leaving.

Mewtwo isn't coming back either T_T

Some random 5th gen is coming. >_>

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
K. Rool has potential for a more unique moveset in general, I'm not just talking about not being a clone. The amount of moveset potential begs for an incredibly easy to make character with lots of unique moves. You'd be reaching out more to give Dixie stuff. True, K. Rool could use Wario's moveset, but so could Dixie for that matter, whether or not it'd be awkward. The only thing Dixie couldn't use is the AAA, easily replacable, probably just uer her hair instead for it. Dixie using a jetpack, popgun, and dropping banana peels makes a lot more sense then Bowser breathing fire and doing things that are physically impossible for him what with Bowser's moves that involve his shell.

K. Rool decimates Dixie in this department. If you continue to argue against this, I laugh at you.

K. Rool plays MAJOR ROLES in more games then anyone else, including the major ones. K. Rool had major roles in all the old games and still regularly shows up in the new ones, the main exception being Jungle Beat, which had nobody whatsoever from the DK universe but DK himself, so that's hardly a good argument.

Isaac was the only assist trophy with any chance in hell of getting it. All the assist trophies were decided on early to not be playable and were never seriously considered. Proof? Um. . .Hello. Andross is an assist trophy over Krystal. How much sense does that make in representing characters people thought were likely for Brawl? K. Rool was probably considered for a playable slot, though not very seriously.

And on the Diddy/Dixie tag team thing, have you seen how useful Diddy's down B is in competetive play? It's one of the core moves of his game. It's hardly slapped on. Even going with your argument that Dixie just simply couldn't use Diddy's up B and neutral B, Dixie could just get two new special moves a glide, a replaced AA, and she'd be fine. That sure took a lot of effort! If Dixie was considered to be a character by herself, she wouldn't be paried up with Diddy in the first place. On Sakurai's poll, there were three options, Diddy, K. Rool, Diddy & Dixie. Dixie alone wasn't even present at all.

And about K. Rool's reasons sucking so terribly. . .Dixie's reasons suck much worse then K. Rool's, which is why they're there as a side by side comparison. Dixie has become as generic as Waluigi and Daisy nowadays, while K. Rool is still a main character.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And about K. Rool's reasons sucking so terribly. . .Dixie's reasons suck much worse then K. Rool's, which is why they're there as a side by side comparison. Dixie has become as generic as Waluigi and Daisy nowadays, while K. Rool is still a main character.
Pieman will probably jump in and tell you that K. Rool is always just the generic end boss, a role suitable enough be filled by a generic character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This may sound crazy but I think they should have Mii play. They could have an Original move creator. The moves would have to be sensible. With that it is possible for everyone to have a completely unique character. Aside from that they need better(more fair) Stages, a far more unlimited Stage creator, and Finally a Character Roster with like 100 people and 0 clones. One more thing is they could have a continuing Character update through Wi-fi. That way they could add characters Automatically to your game forever. This means as new Nintendo game characters are come out they could turn them into Smash Characters if they are badass enough. The kind of Characters should be decided right here on Smashboards. That way putting the consumers(us) directly in control of the game.

Thoughts?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
This may sound crazy but I think they should have Mii play. They could have an Original move creator. The moves would have to be sensible. With that it is possible for everyone to have a completely unique character. Aside from that they need better(more fair) Stages, a far more unlimited Stage creator, and Finally a Character Roster with like 100 people and 0 clones. One more thing is they could have a continuing Character update through Wi-fi. That way they could add characters Automatically to your game forever. This means as new Nintendo game characters are come out they could turn them into Smash Characters if they are badass enough. The kind of Characters should be decided right here on Smashboards. That way putting the consumers(us) directly in control of the game.

Thoughts?
Been thought of before.

Thought this, thought that XD

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
There are some who just don't show any personality at all due to only being in spin offs and are very insigifnicant, such as Waluigi, Daisy, and Dixie Kong.
Kay, most protagonists don't show much personality. But are you ignoring the fact that Dixie Kong was the star protagonist in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!? I'm sure you just had a brain fart

Pieman0920

Smash Master
K. Rool has potential for a more unique moveset in general, I'm not just talking about not being a clone. The amount of moveset potential begs for an incredibly easy to make character with lots of unique moves. You'd be reaching out more to give Dixie stuff. True, K. Rool could use Wario's moveset, but so could Dixie for that matter, whether or not it'd be awkward. The only thing Dixie couldn't use is the AAA, easily replacable, probably just uer her hair instead for it. Dixie using a jetpack, popgun, and dropping banana peels makes a lot more sense then Bowser breathing fire and doing things that are physically impossible for him what with Bowser's moves that involve his shell.
*tries to invision a Dixie Kong that farts around, and bites people*

...Maybe K.Rool, but not Dixie there. I also think you made a typo there with Bowser's name instead of K.Rool, but as I've said, K.Rool has spat fire balls out of his mouth before so... Shell stuff actually wouldn't that be that difficult to redo either, but I digress, because I think K.Rool would fit Wario's moveset better actually. (It really fits him outside of the motor cycle, but hey, you say Dixie can have a jetpack) >_>

Also, I've never seen a K.Rool moveset that doesn't borrow from other things. The Blunderbuss is like the only major thing people really bring up, but most of the time they envision it as some type of super scope type deal. I'm not saying that Dixie Kong has some type of completely unique moveset either, but neither does K.Rool. Playing the moveset card only works with really unique characters like the Ice Climbers, or PT. This point really doesn't make a difference. They could be clones, or they might not be, it doesn't change either of their chances really.

K. Rool plays MAJOR ROLES in more games then anyone else, including the major ones. K. Rool had major roles in all the old games and still regularly shows up in the new ones, the main exception being Jungle Beat, which had nobody whatsoever from the DK universe but DK himself, so that's hardly a good argument.
Also he was never in the original DK games~ His "MAJOR ROLES" though are pretty much generic garbage. He's just a geneirc end boss #14456. His role is major in the technical sense due to him providing the motivation, but he really plays a tiny role outside of that. He's just there at the end so that you can beat him up. The player has no connection to him, because he's just the same as every other boss they have to face (only he's last). Even other villains like Kamek, or Black Shadow have a larger role than he does really, because the former actually shows up every boss fight, and the later is actually playable in a sense. K.Rool is just another tired knock off of Bowser that every platformer has, and while those end bosses all have a "MAJOR ROLE" in their game, they are still worthless.

Isaac was the only assist trophy with any chance in hell of getting it. All the assist trophies were decided on early to not be playable and were never seriously considered. Proof? Um. . .Hello. Andross is an assist trophy over Krystal. How much sense does that make in representing characters people thought were likely for Brawl? K. Rool was probably considered for a playable slot, though not very seriously.
Actually, Tingle, Walugi, Samurai Goroh, Little Mac and others had chances of getting in. Isaac's chances are always a little overated it seems. >_>

And Andross falls into the first category I said. He was the type of character who could not be added due to simply what he is. No one suggests Andross because everyone knows Andross is a giant floating head who shoots those pannels at you. Still, his role is greater than Wolf's or even Falco's in his game. Is K.Rool had a actually had the importance of Andross, instead of the "MAJOR ROLE" he has in the DK series, then he'd get in before even Diddy.

And on the Diddy/Dixie tag team thing, have you seen how useful Diddy's down B is in competetive play? It's one of the core moves of his game. It's hardly slapped on. Even going with your argument that Dixie just simply couldn't use Diddy's up B and neutral B, Dixie could just get two new special moves a glide, a replaced AA, and she'd be fine. That sure took a lot of effort! If Dixie was considered to be a character by herself, she wouldn't be paried up with Diddy in the first place. On Sakurai's poll, there were three options, Diddy, K. Rool, Diddy & Dixie. Dixie alone wasn't even present at all.
Its slapped on, dude. It turned out great for him sure, but just look how unnatural it looks. Given that we know that he was originally intended to be paired with Dixie, it kinda screams out that what switches them was replaced by that akward looking move. Also, there weren't options on the poll, just random people making suggestions. Even so, the poll is pretty much the worst thing to base your arguments over, because not only was it never fully translated, but it also doesn't really give a clear people of what the people really wanted, since at the most, only five people voted for a single character.

Haha...oh wow. Really man, don't let this debate blind you to what K.Rool is. He's just the generic main villain going after his generic main villain goals. Dixie isn't all that much better, being a some type of 90s girl-power monkey, but she's not really in the same class as Waluigi and Daisy, who are just filler. Lest I remind you though, that despite all of K.Rool's "importance" to his franchise, he's still the one who got picked last for these dumb cross over games. He's still not the one that's been playable in every apperance (bar Smash) that he's made. He's still not the one that actually was considered in some form, instead of no form. Dixie Kong is all of these though, and has more games than K.Rool to boot.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Pieman said:
Actually, Tingle, Walugi, Samurai Goroh, Little Mac and others had chances of getting in. Isaac's chances are always a little overated it seems. >_>
You no longer have any credibility and I refuse to argue you with any further due to this sole statement. I can't argue against someone who thought Waluigi had any chance whatsoever, that's utterly pointless.

The poll I'm referecing had around 200 votes specifically in the DK section.

Once again, being a "Generic" end boss doesn't matter, as that's still about as important as you can get in a game, bar being playable in a non spin off role, which Dixie did one time. What's more impressive, being first place once, or second place ten thousand times? "Generic"ness doesn't matter, and you're certainly not helping out Dixie in any case with that argument, as she's even more generic then he is. "Generic" Major Roles are not, they're still major roles.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You no longer have any credibility and I refuse to argue you with any further due to this sole statement. I can't argue against someone who thought Waluigi had any chance whatsoever, that's utterly pointless.

The poll I'm referecing had around 200 votes specifically in the DK section.
This from the guy that thinks Mewtwo has a high chance of returning to Smash despite being cut in favor of Jigglypuff. :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've never played Donkey Kong, but what makes K. Rool generic??
Is it because he doesn't kidnap a princess like Bowser does?
Bowser is a generic end boss- he's popular, but generic. It's only in the spinoffs that he gains a n actual personality over trying to kidnap someone.
I'm all for K. Rool, as I believe that each franchise should have a villain character. The only generic character that I think could work is a Space Pirate.

Mewtwo probably got cut instead of Jigglypuff because it would have been harder and more time consuming to make Mewtwo from scratch (Mewtwo needed to be changed from Melee), so they chose Jigglypuff, and changed her a little bit. I don't think Mewtwo will come back, but I'm not sure if Lucario will either- I felt he was more of a character just to represent Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl, which were about to be/ just had been finished by the time Brawl was in production. If Pokemon 4th gen hadn't been made, Sakurai would have either focused more on Mewtwo, or a 3rd gen rep.

Also, I don't think there should be 100 characters- it'd be cool, but imagine having to complete classic mode/ 100 man fight with 100 characters.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I've never played Donkey Kong, but what makes K. Rool generic??
Is it because he doesn't kidnap a princess like Bowser does?
Bowser is a generic end boss- he's popular, but generic. It's only in the spinoffs that he gains a n actual personality over trying to kidnap someone.
I'm all for K. Rool, as I believe that each franchise should have a villain character. The only generic character that I think could work is a Space Pirate.

Mewtwo probably got cut instead of Jigglypuff because it would have been harder and more time consuming to make Mewtwo from scratch (Mewtwo needed to be changed from Melee), so they chose Jigglypuff, and changed her a little bit. I don't think Mewtwo will come back, but I'm not sure if Lucario will either- I felt he was more of a character just to represent Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl, which were about to be/ just had been finished by the time Brawl was in production. If Pokemon 4th gen hadn't been made, Sakurai would have either focused more on Mewtwo, or a 3rd gen rep.

Also, I don't think there should be 100 characters- it'd be cool, but imagine having to complete classic mode/ 100 man fight with 100 characters.
In my humble opinion, K. Rool is generic in the sense that he's just meant to be that big guy you only beat up at the end of every game whose actions antagonize the main character and set the game's plot in motion. In other words, he's just the Bowser of Donkey Kong. I've really got nothing against him, but just against people trying to make him seem like anything more than that. Heck yeah, Space Pirate for SSB4!

People say that Jigglypuff replaced Mewtwo because the evidence shows that he was scrapped in the middle of development while Jigglypuff was added later than all the other characters. So it looks like he was planned and being worked on, but for some reason or another, Sakurai chose Jigglypuff to return. Time will tell if Lucario is meant to only promote Pokemon Diamond and Pearl versions.

100 characters?! Maybe not.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
In my humble opinion, K. Rool is generic in the sense that he's just meant to be that big guy you only beat up at the end of every game whose actions antagonize the main character and set the game's plot in motion. In other words, he's just the Bowser of Donkey Kong. I've really got nothing against him, but just against people trying to make him seem like anything more than that. Heck yeah, Space Pirate for SSB4!

People say that Jigglypuff replaced Mewtwo because the evidence shows that he was scrapped in the middle of development while Jigglypuff was added later than all the other characters. So it looks like he was planned and being worked on, but for some reason or another, Sakurai chose Jigglypuff to return. Time will tell if Lucario is meant to only promote Pokemon Diamond and Pearl versions.

100 characters?! Maybe not.
I'm guessing that Jigglypuff was finally added around the same time as Toon Link and Wolf, because they are also at the bottom of the credits thing, but I could (and probably am) be wrong.

I don't care about K. Rool in all honesty, as I said before I think each series deserves a villain.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
does that mean like Richu or something:ohwell: i always thought that treeco would be cool
From the picture of it you can see what looks like grey spiky ears, but the grey could just be a silhouette.
It looks like it is about the same size as Pikachu, but I'm not sure what type it is.
Has Gamefreak said it was an electric type?

trev94

Smash Journeyman
From the picture of it you can see what looks like grey spiky ears, but the grey could just be a silhouette.
It looks like it is about the same size as Pikachu, but I'm not sure what type it is.
flyinfilipino

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That's what the sources I've heard from have said about it (I think), but I haven't been able to find where that little tidbit comes from. Apparently it might be central to the plot of the movie it will debut in.

flyinfilipino
trev94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom