• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Playable roles in spin offs are not roles, they're nothing more then cameos. You're not worth my time to write out overly large paragraphs, there's MYM for that.

He thinks Waluigi had a chance to be in Brawl and is more likely then K. Rool. His opinions are not valid.
See, that's just mean. You can't argue against stuff, and you justify your ending by something that you don't even give reasons to. :o

Changing the subject on to Geno though, he's a character that I actually like, but think has next to, if not, zero chance of getting in. (Unlike Waluigi and K.Rool, who I both hate and don't think will really get in) He just has too much against him, what with only showing up in one game (from over 10 years ago), not being the main character of said game, being third party, and having a third party company that has loads of better choices than him. There's really no chance for the little guy to make it in. =/

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
ah! I almost left out DDD. He's one my only rival characters. I almost don't consider him a big character because he moves so fast and his reach is crazy with that hammer. Not to mention his Recovery is sick as well as his durability. DDD and K.Rool would be nothing alike. I'm willing to bet that K. Rool would be one of the worse characters ever included in brawl.
Heavy characters are the worst characters?!
That's why the bottom character on each game are either middle weight
Link- SSB
Captain Falcon- SSBB

or light weight
Pichu- SSBM.

Your argument fails.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Heavy characters are the worst characters?!
That's why the bottom character on each game are either middle weight
Link- SSB
Captain Falcon- SSBB

or light weight
Pichu- SSBM.

Your argument fails.
Must say when put that way your right. However Captain Falcon's Movement was robbed of him from in SSBB. Making him the most failed character but Really good(gay) Pichu players could do well. However I never eluded to Big guys being the worst characters in the game. However K. Rool would without a doubt be the slowest and the worst. My point was all Big guys with the exception of DDD can be cheese balled by faster spam characters.
+

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
If nobody else, Megaman is guaranteed 100% without a shadow of a doubt, there's no controversy whatsoever, no fool would dare questoin him.
Well, Sakurai didn't contact his creator (forget his name) for Brawl, despite knowing that a Mega Man game was slated to be released on Wii Ware in the near future. This isn't an argument against him, just something to keep in mind before declaring "shoo-ins".

TyO.

Smash Rookie
This may have allready said, but you know, I really want a decent online game and by the way, I want L-Cancels and Wavedashes.
I know I'm dreaming. =P

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Must say when put that way your right. However Captain Falcon's Movement was robbed of him from in SSBB. Making him the most failed character but Really good(gay) Pichu players could do well. However I never eluded to Big guys being the worst characters in the game. However K. Rool would without a doubt be the slowest and the worst. My point was all Big guys with the exception of DDD can be cheese balled by faster spam characters.
+
Why are Pichu players gay???

Why would K. Rool be slow because he is big?
Charizard is big, but he is fast for his running speed, than a lot of the other heavy characters. He is a lowish tier character though, which shows that fast characters aren't the best (Sonic and Falcon in bottom tier).

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
K. Rool would more likely then not have a bunch of projectiles like Dedede and a good recovery. Naturally he wouldn't have dedede's grabs and range though. Still, he'd probably end up being better then Bowser.

But then again, why was Bowser ever added if he sucked so badly then? Let's have a game with only fast characters lol!!! Lots of variety!

It's not the character's fault they're bad if they are, see Mewtwo, it's that Sakurai is terrible at balancing.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
New Topic:

Is Megaman the most likely character for SSB4?
No, Mario is :laugh:

I do think Megaman has a VERY high chance of getting in if Nintendo and Capcom are at good terms again. Megaman is the most deserving 3rd party, as he is one of the, if not the 3rd party character with the biggest history on Nintendo- even if you just count the original games, not the X series, battle network etc.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Most likely third party, for sure, but most likely overall... Hmm... Probably not. Given that third parties are still kind of a big deal in Smash, I think a lot of Nintendo characters will be considered and included before additional third parties get real attention. Aside from the possible new reps from already-included franchises like Mario and Star Fox, there are also plenty of Nintendo franchises that haven't even seen a playable characters yet:

Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Animal Crossing, Golden Sun...

I think at least a couple of these (I'm looking at Custom Robo and Golden Sun in particular) are likely to get attention before third party additions do.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
New Topic:

Is Megaman the most likely character for SSB4?
Let's see, he will most likely to get in if:

@Thrid Parties was avalable
@If Sonic and Snake is already in the next Smash Bros
@If people stop saying that Megaman will be a Samus clone because he got his own moveset

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Of course MM has better chances than Geno. MM's the face of Capcom, while Geno is by no means the face of SE. MM has loads of games he's stared in, with tons of spin offs. Geno has one game that he didn't star in, and one game where he had a tiny cameo. The difference between those two is gigantic.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Most likely third party, for sure, but most likely overall... Hmm... Probably not. Given that third parties are still kind of a big deal in Smash, I think a lot of Nintendo characters will be considered and included before additional third parties get real attention. Aside from the possible new reps from already-included franchises like Mario and Star Fox, there are also plenty of Nintendo franchises that haven't even seen a playable characters yet:

Custom Robo, Advance Wars, Animal Crossing, Golden Sun...

I think at least a couple of these (I'm looking at Custom Robo and Golden Sun in particular) are likely to get attention before third party additions do.
Well of course he's not going to be the first character added due to the prioties of advertising their own characters, but we're not talking about who gets added first, as by that logic ZSS, Pit, and Snake are as deserving as MK and Wario due to showing up in the first trailer, and everyone else is below them due to being added later.

We're not talking about who gets added first (Which is really just the director's preference), but who's most likely to be in as a playable character at all.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well of course he's not going to be the first character added due to the prioties of advertising their own characters, but we're not talking about who gets added first, as by that logic ZSS, Pit, and Snake are as deserving as MK and Wario due to showing up in the first trailer, and everyone else is below them due to being added later.

We're not talking about who gets added first (Which is really just the director's preference), but who's most likely to be in as a playable character at all.
I guess I wasn't totally clear. Sorry about that. :ohwell:

Anyway, in all honesty, we can't accurately say how many characters will be added in the next Smash. What I'm understanding that we're saying here is that if only ONE character was added, would it be Mega Man. I think it would not. I think as that number increased, a good number of first-party characters would come before Mega Man would. Now, I do think he's highly likely, but I don't think he takes precedence over some others.

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
Meteo's will be old and dead by 5 or 7 years into the future. I dont even know why people want to decide, "OH ME THINKZ ZAT ________ wILLZ BE INZ LULZ!" already, because there are still, as I said, 5 to 7 years to go 'till we can even THINK about who will be in. New characters WILL be created, and people will change there minds as simply as that. there is no possible WAY to determine the roster now. I know youll say, "This is a DISCUSSION TOPIC, therefore meaning we are speculating what the game will be like." You cant even do THAT, because you'll never know. For example, right now for a new Mario character, people are thinking Waluigi, or Bowser Jr., or somethin' or other. But what if a totally NEW character from the Mario series comes up, and gets in SSB4 instead of Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. (to tell you the truth, i'd be @3!$ MAD IF THAT HAPPENED!!!) I also beleive Geno will be LONG AND FORGOTTEN by that time. Well, thus ends my rant of truth. feel free to comment on it. K. Rool, out.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
We can talk about what we want to be in it, as long as we're, like, sane about it.

Then there are times that we will predict what will actually be in it.

Finally, scarce moments where we speculate that there might never be one.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Meteo's will be old and dead by 5 or 7 years into the future. I dont even know why people want to decide, "OH ME THINKZ ZAT ________ wILLZ BE INZ LULZ!" already, because there are still, as I said, 5 to 7 years to go 'till we can even THINK about who will be in. New characters WILL be created, and people will change there minds as simply as that. there is no possible WAY to determine the roster now. I know youll say, "This is a DISCUSSION TOPIC, therefore meaning we are speculating what the game will be like." You cant even do THAT, because you'll never know. For example, right now for a new Mario character, people are thinking Waluigi, or Bowser Jr., or somethin' or other. But what if a totally NEW character from the Mario series comes up, and gets in SSB4 instead of Bowser Jr. or Waluigi. (to tell you the truth, i'd be @3!$ MAD IF THAT HAPPENED!!!) I also beleive Geno will be LONG AND FORGOTTEN by that time. Well, thus ends my rant of truth. feel free to comment on it. K. Rool, out.
I'm gonna take a guess that SSB4 will get Galaxy content, as soon as Brawl got Sunshine content.
Also, how many characters from Brawl were made after 2003?
I can think of Lucario, Ike, and Lucas.
I think Olimar and Toon Link were made before, if not in, 2003.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm gonna take a guess that SSB4 will get Galaxy content, as soon as Brawl got Sunshine content.
Also, how many characters from Brawl were made after 2003?
I can think of Lucario, Ike, and Lucas.
I think Olimar and Toon Link were made before, if not in, 2003.
Olimar was a trophy in Melee, so he would be before. Not sure about Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom