• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
As far as I'm concerned

Well Brawl to me was Overall a fail. They tried to hard to eliminate Tech skill and they made it easy to in the process for guys like Meta to cheat. They need to have gamers test the game before they release it so they don't leave any glitches in it. They should just reset the gameplay style back to that of Melee because people will just hack if they don't. I can play well Brawl Style and Great in Melee style so I don't really care but the biggest fail to me was the Online gameplay.....wtf? Why didn't they make it like Mario Kart?

§leepy God

Smash Master
You just said "Brawl fails becuase it doesn't play like Melee" That's what you just said isn't it? And yet another one of many reasons why I dislike Melee players now is because of that sentence right there. -_-

And about Meta Knight being hard to beat when a n00b plays him, you'll just have to get better and that's that. Crying doesn't help you either.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You no longer have any credibility and I refuse to argue you with any further due to this sole statement. I can't argue against someone who thought Waluigi had any chance whatsoever, that's utterly pointless.

The poll I'm referecing had around 200 votes specifically in the DK section.
Waluigi has his chances, like it or not. Higher than K.Rool's even. (Though I sitll don't think or want Waluigi to make it into the next game) He's more well known than K.Rool, and actually did get an AT, which seems to be a hint as to who has a chance for the next game. (I don't understand how you think that being an AT actually hurts them. The AT in question gets moves and exposure, while the non-AT gets jack)

And is the poll you're talking about one that was hosted here or something, because that's be irrelvant too. <_<

Once again, being a "Generic" end boss doesn't matter, as that's still about as important as you can get in a game, bar being playable in a non spin off role, which Dixie did one time. What's more impressive, being first place once, or second place ten thousand times? "Generic"ness doesn't matter, and you're certainly not helping out Dixie in any case with that argument, as she's even more generic then he is. "Generic" Major Roles are not, they're still major roles.
Being a generic end boss matters, since out of the two end bosses we have, neither are really generic. The standard cookie-cutter end boss isn't playable in Smash, while the side kick/playable characters have been. K.Rool has no precident, while Dixie has. As far as what is more impressive, being first place once, or second place ten thousand times thingy, Smash actually has the tendency to favor those characters that were only in first place once, over those ten thousand time second place people. (Luigi was in before Bowser. ZSS instead of Ridley. Sheik has her own moveset, while Ganondorf is a clone. Roy in Melee. Mewtwo, Lucario, and Jiggs really) Also, as Dixie was playable (twice) in a non spin off roles, you basically admited that she was more important. =/

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You just said "Brawl fails becuase it doesn't play like Melee" That's what you just said isn't it? And yet another one of many reasons why I dislike Melee players now is because of that sentence right there. -_-

And about Meta Knight being hard to beat when a n00b plays him, you'll just have to get better and that's that. Crying doesn't help you either.
I don't care who uses Meta Knight. I don't fear him but Gay Meta knight players who just Stay Vanished the whole match are annoying. The only reason why you hate Melee players is because you sucked. your abilities where limited and so was your Brains. I had no problem with that. I understand why they had to slow the game and most characters down for you however making the game easier for newbies isn't the answer. Still I Own most noob Meta's anyway because I don't play their game. I spam Arrows instead. IMO Pit is just as cheap and I main him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Waluigi runs his own games, or at least be in Wario's games he will have a better chance. So far, Daisy has a better chance than Waluigi because she's was in Mario Land, but then after that she was in the sports and spinnoffs. I'll say Dasiy needs to be in another Mario adventure game to start with. As Waluigi goes, he was kind of never in a adventure game, I don't count DDR Mario Mix an adventrue game either.

Edit: Hell, even Toadette was in Paper Mario TTYD, and she was kind of showen in Mario Galaxy

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I have nothing to prove to you if you feel that Waluigi has any chance whatsoever to ever be in a Smash Bros game, much less has higher chances then K. Rool. Your opinion is so terribly distorted that it is beyond help and cannot be saved from the abyss. I'm giving up on you.
I understand this arguement doesn't involve me but I see know reason why both couldn't be in the next game. However I must say Waluigi has a better chance IMO.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I have nothing to prove to you if you feel that Waluigi has any chance whatsoever to ever be in a Smash Bros game, much less has higher chances then K. Rool. Your opinion is so terribly distorted that it is beyond help and cannot be saved from the abyss. I'm giving up on you.

So you admit defeat? You can't think of anything to say to counter my flawless argument, and thus must drop out in a manner that makes it seem as if it was your choice, when in the end, it wasn't? :o

There there, MW. Everyone has to admit defeat every once in awhile. Not me though, since I'm not part of everybody.

In any case, its true that if Waluigi had a push from something that wasn't that DDR game, he'd be actual contender, instead of now, where he can't really compete with Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario for the Mario spot. (He isn't recognized in the Wario franchise, since outside of one cameo, he's never been in it)

Supersmasher10310

Smash Cadet
I think Waluigi has a much better shot, then Daisy. Daisy even though a tomboy in the games will have her movesets based on Peach. On the other hand Waluigi will have a entirely new set of moves. Since he will be new and fresh I think they would add him instead. Just my 2 cents.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I don't need to argue with someone who thinks Waluigi has any chance whatsoever. You've just disproved all your credibility. You defeated yourself. Excellent job for doing my job for me.

You're the one who always put emphasis on the newer DK games, and Dixie has no role in them whatsoever or even DK64. Even in the DK spin offs K. Rool is more important, being playable as well and still having influence on the game, what with being the final overpowered character.

Dixie is more important in Mario spin offs. You want Dixie to come in from the Mario series, eh? Sorry, Jr. and Paper Mario crush her. Dixie can't use her very very very limited appearances in Mario to help her with becoming a DK rep. Dixie hasn't had any roles at all since the SNES. She was a sidekick once and a main character once.

I also laugh at you for calling K. Rool a generic villain with generic villain goals when Dedede is on the roster, or any Kirby characters at all.

And no the poll wasn't on SWF.

And we're not talking about if Waluigi runs his own games, we're talking about him in general. Not if he hypothetically gets his own game, which Bowser is long overdue for before him. Waluigi shows no signs of breaking out from the spin offs and getting an actual personality any time soon.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I don't need to argue with someone who thinks Waluigi has any chance whatsoever. You've just disproved all your credibility. You defeated yourself. Excellent job for doing my job for me.

You're the one who always put emphasis on the newer DK games, and Dixie has no role in them whatsoever or even DK64. Even in the DK spin offs K. Rool is more important, being playable as well and still having influence on the game, what with being the final overpowered character.

Dixie is more important in Mario spin offs. You want Dixie to come in from the Mario series, eh? Sorry, Jr. and Paper Mario crush her. Dixie can't use her very very very limited appearances in Mario to help her with becoming a DK rep. Dixie hasn't had any roles at all since the SNES. She was a sidekick once and a main character once.

I also laugh at you for calling K. Rool a generic villain with generic villain goals when Dedede is on the roster, or any Kirby characters at all.

And no the poll wasn't on SWF.

And we're not talking about if Waluigi runs his own games, we're talking about him in general. Not if he hypothetically gets his own game, which Bowser is long overdue for before him. Waluigi shows no signs of breaking out from the spin offs and getting an actual personality any time soon.
You're the one that always put more emphasis on newer games. Seen here:

She was a sidekick once and a main character once.
which apparently doesn't matter anymore.

Also, how many times has King K. Rool been playable in any way, shape, or form? I'm sure it's few, and one of them is a Mario spin-off title. Speaking of, why the heck do you keep bringing them up? You're the only one who keeps mentioning them and using them as part of an argument, despite them "not being important".

K. Rool is still a generic end boss, no matter how many Kirby characters are on the Smash Bros. roster (what connection were you trying to make there?).

Finally, like it or not, Waluigi does have his fans. I can recall a bunch of threads that people started to vent their anger when they found out Waluigi was an Assist Trophy.

Lastly, lol at you for continuing to argue despite claiming victory and Pieman "losing all credibility". :p

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Not to say he won't be a good character, but King K. Rool will probably just be another slow, large ,clumsy villan like Bowser.
I agree without tech skill the big guys are doomed to fail against the top fighters. I imagine it would be much worse for a bigger slower K.Rool. Only problem I wouldn't be shocked if they added some characters from Tales of Symphonia or some of the newer games to smash.

n88

Smash Lord
I always thought that big, clumsy villains were necessary. I don't think Waluigi could make it into SSB4 currently. He needs an appearance in a major game, and even then there are other, more deserving characters from Mario games and outside of them.

And on a discussion of generic heroes with generic hero goals, take a look at Mario. Admittedly, he gets some more depth in the RPGs, but in the platforming games, the only goal is to rescue Peach, the local Princess.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The truth of why Lip isn't in NOA:

When Nintendo of America decided to release Panel de Pon to North America, they axed the fairy-like characters in favor of characters from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the purpose of making it more appealing to the image-conscious young male audience, which was a significant audience at the time. There were very few female gamers in the United States at the time.
The truth hurts. ;_;

Anyways, I'm starting to say that Waluigi has more fans than K. Rool right now, I'm guessing because Waluigi has been in more games and such. Not that I know, I'm not a DK fan of anykind.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What Filipino said. :p

I havn't really been bringing up the new DK games outside of...um...I think I refferenced K.Rool's fire breath, which was from one of the newer games. I also guess I refferenced the fact that Dixie is playable in all the games which she's shown up in, and a fair amount of those are newer games. (How is DK 64 one of the newer games though?)

And I never said she should come from the Mario series, but quite frankly, her apperances in the Mario series do give a good indication to her status, since she's significant enough to cross the series boundry. K.Rool has only been able to do this in recent times, and only for one game so far. (Kremlings and Funky Kong are doing better than him really) Also to note, Yoshi's had less games in his series than he's had cameos in Mario games, but he still if filed under the Yoshi series so...yeah, Dixie isn't going to be put under Mario. And remember, Dixie does have roles, and with each role she's had, she's been playable, which by your own statements before, put her above K.Rool. <_>

As for Waluigi, your hatred of the character is really getting to you. Like I said, I don't want him in either, but like K.Rool, I won't out and out deny his chances. :o

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I honestly don't think DK will get a villain rep, mainly because he started his debut as a villain. He was pretty much the playable villain of SSB. With this in play, K. Rool has less chances.

I'm very very confused that Meteos' only rep was a starting Chronicle. It was an amazing puzzle game, could have made an amazing AT, and it was also made with Sakurai's help. (Where's the bias now?)

What I think should happen for SSB4 is, yes, Sakurai can direct it, how the game works, etc so we don't get weird wacky gimmick controls, BUT! The staff that creates each game gets to make their character how they want. I believe this will definitely help to remove clones and underpowered characters. The one drawback is this:

SONIC

He will get all this trippy weird stuff from 3D games. Sonic Wind, Magic Hand, stuff from Sonic Battle (which is GBA, I know).

The only change Sonic needs is better killpower. ALL his attacks are fast and underpower. He needs something that's slow and chock full of mindgames that can kill well. uSmash needs changing. It SUCKS. I can see it being a weird backflip heel kick that kills off the side. nAir should be more powerful with 1 frame of invincibility. (Kudos if you can get the reference) dAir can be spinning and shooting at the same angle, speed, and distance with a heel sticking out that spikes at the right time.

Okay, went on a rant. Sorry.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Only problem I have with Walugi is what kind of moves will he have? Will he have that Barrier from Mario Strikers? If so he will be uber broken.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh well.

...Um, just curious, are you a girl? (not to get all SmashBrosMike on you, but it's what your avatar/sig/gif-thingy suggest and if I ever want to use a pronoun on you, I want it to be the right one). :confused:
Nope. :p

Just a guy that's a fan of a lot of young female characters, (well mostly young female characters), with Hyper Blossom as my avatar, and Lip is pretty much everything else. I barelly am a fan of older female characters for some reason, (zomg pedo >_>). Of course I have a lot of male favroites as well, I won't make a list because it's too long. ^_^;

Your the thrid person who asked this BTW. XD

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
D*MN, not the K.Rool argument again. K.Rool will appear over Dixie. I'm not wasting my time here. All arguments for Dixie over K.Rool have been countered flawlessly. Unless it is unwavering Dixie fandom, I see no feasible reason that you are continuously insisting on her inclusion, Pieman.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
He will hit tennis balls at people and use his long legs for most of his attacks. He will also have the very VERY unorthodox specials from Power Tennis.

Remember, Waluigi was top tier in Mario Tennis, his very first game.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
SONIC

He will get all this trippy weird stuff from 3D games. Sonic Wind, Magic Hand, stuff from Sonic Battle (which is GBA, I know).

The only change Sonic needs is better killpower. ALL his attacks are fast and underpower. He needs something that's slow and chock full of mindgames that can kill well. uSmash needs changing. It SUCKS. I can see it being a weird backflip heel kick that kills off the side. nAir should be more powerful with 1 frame of invincibility. (Kudos if you can get the reference) dAir can be spinning and shooting at the same angle, speed, and distance with a heel sticking out that spikes at the right time.

Okay, went on a rant. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Your right about sonic. His punch is the only powerful move he has. The rest are fast and flashy. Why not give him moves from the sonic games? They already gave him super sonic? Why not give him the Bubble Shield? or Fire shield? or Magnetic shield? Or even a Teloport move that switches his position with the other player lol. Go ahead and make him the most broken character in the game...why not?

LSDX

Wah!
Playable roles in spin offs are not roles, they're nothing more then cameos. You're not worth my time to write out overly large paragraphs, there's MYM for that.

He thinks Waluigi had a chance to be in Brawl and is more likely then K. Rool. His opinions are not valid.

If this statement was also referring to Geno being a spin-off character in the Mario franchise, that would be wrong due to the fact the Mario franchise isn't necessarily always platformer games; RPGs play a big role too.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Playable roles in spin offs are not roles, they're nothing more then cameos. You're not worth my time to write out overly large paragraphs, there's MYM for that.

He thinks Waluigi had a chance to be in Brawl and is more likely then K. Rool. His opinions are not valid.
Dude even if he isn't the must likely character he's far more Likely then K. Rool. Who would use that big sluggish *******? anyone? Nah didn't think so. I mean K. Rool may have more of a chance then Dixie but think about it.....seriously. Waluigi was at least chosen to be an assist trophy. I didn't even see a picture of K. Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hating on K.Rool does not validate an argument.

ATs were chosen as support characters from main series, and main characters from smaller series that weren't big enough to appear. I have no idea why there is no DK AT, but if there is in SSB4, I assure you it will be Dixie as the AT, not K.Rool.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Dude even if he isn't the must likely character he's far more Likely then K. Rool. Who would use that big sluggish *******? anyone? Nah didn't think so. I mean K. Rool may have more of a chance then Dixie but think about it.....seriously. Waluigi was at least chosen to be an assist trophy. I didn't even see a picture of K. Rool.
Prime example of the idiocy of people that oppose K. Rool.

HE'S SLOW NOBODY WOULD USE HIM LOL!

I love slow characters. Good day sir.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Why is K. Rool generic, yet Ridley isn't?
They are both bosses that you fight throughout the game, except K. Rool has been a final boss in the majority of his appearances, whereas I'm not sure if Ridley has ever been a final boss.

If people think that characters who have been in more games should be in, then where's Goomba?
He's been in nearly all of Mario's games, and there's possibly at least 100 of them in each.
Goomba would be a generic villain, K. Rool actually has a backstory, and motivations.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Many people would enjoy K.Rool. I enjoy powerhouses (there is a small chance Sakurai would design K.Rool to be a speedy heavyweight, like in DKC, although he will probably be rock slow), as do many other players. I can understand if you enjoy Waluigi over K.Rool. But, this is not a valid argument to simply say that K.Rool is slow, so Waluigi is more likely.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Prime example of the idiocy of people that oppose K. Rool.

HE'S SLOW NOBODY WOULD USE HIM LOL!

I love slow characters. Good day sir.
So I'm stupid because you use slow characters that suck balls? Prime example of egocentricity. Slow characters with Slow moves will never win a tournament. They may have in Melee but without L Cancel they are sitting ducks for faster characters and projectile spammers like myself who main Pit and other Brawl projectile ***s. With the exception of Gannon and Ike. Even some DK's but Bowser sucks in Brawl he can only double kill that's it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Fine then, what do you have to say about Geno, McSnapple? I'm waiting. He has a chance, but I generally think you place him on the same pedestal as Ridley, K. Rool, Megaman and the gang. If nobody else, Megaman is guaranteed 100% without a shadow of a doubt, there's no controversy whatsoever, no fool would dare questoin him. I recall you saying Geno is the most likely character for SSB4. . .How so?

@Spam arrows: Oh yes, Slow characters will never win tournies. That's exactly why Dedede is the 3rd best character in the game. Lol @ you saying Ganondorf is better then Bowser as well.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Out of curiousity....Why can't both Dixie and Rool be in the DK rooster? I mean Donkey Kong is VERY important to Nintendo. The DK series is very well known and I think it's worthy of having 4 reps.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Geno should be an assist trophy if anything.
I guess Sakurai will put him in the game in some way as a lot of the fans are all on the Geno Wagon, and some might even stoop low enough to not play the new game if he isn't included.
I don't think he deserves a character role, as there are more deserving obscure/ 3rd party characters.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Fine then, what do you have to say about Geno, McSnapple? I'm waiting. He has a chance, but I generally think you place him on the same pedestal as Ridley, K. Rool, Megaman and the gang. If nobody else, Megaman is guaranteed 100% without a shadow of a doubt, there's no controversy whatsoever, no fool would dare questoin him. I recall you saying Geno is the most likely character for SSB4. . .How so?

@Spam arrows: Oh yes, Slow characters will never win tournies. That's exactly why Dedede is the 3rd best character in the game. Lol @ you saying Ganondorf is better then Bowser as well.
ah! I almost left out DDD. He's one my only rival characters. I almost don't consider him a big character because he moves so fast and his reach is crazy with that hammer. Not to mention his Recovery is sick as well as his durability. DDD and K.Rool would be nothing alike. I'm willing to bet that K. Rool would be one of the worse characters ever included in brawl.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Geno should be an assist trophy if anything.
I guess Sakurai will put him in the game in some way as a lot of the fans are all on the Geno Wagon, and some might even stoop low enough to not play the new game if he isn't included.
I don't think he deserves a character role, as there are more deserving obscure/ 3rd party characters.
My thought's right there, though I never did like Geno in the games. A lot of people had didn't hear too much of him until the poll which he was placed high in. He was so over hyped after words it's wasn't even funny, (this kind of reminds me how much the Ashley thread was over hyped after one Brawl update, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom