• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
There are a lot better Pokemon to represent fighting type than Lucario though.
What storyline?

Roihu

Smash Ace
.........I hate you.

Lucario is NOT PSYCHIC

He is Fighting/Steel. The Steel represents his willpower. Aura Sphere is Fighting Type.

The only psychic attack he can learn is taught by TM: Psychic. He is not a Psychic type, though.

Mewtwo VS Lucario would not be a clone fight, and it would be an awesome battle in the storyline.
I played Pokemon so don't shoot me for my sarcasm.
If Lucario is so Steel like, then WHY is he so floaty?!
See, I've outsmarted you! :D
The other Pokemon that was Lucario floaty and around his size was Mewtwo, so Lucario MUST be Fighting/Psychic.
See, I ish smart. ;)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
What makes Mewtwo and Lucario so different. I notice their moves look the same. If so tell me what is different?

LSDX

Wah!
Hmm, I guess I'll keep the Lip sprite. I'll make use for the Furil sprite, I think of somthing. :D

Panel De Pon: Super Falcon (Japan Super Nintendo, you can play it on the emulator) US version, Tetris Attack (SNES)

I was planning on getting it for my emulator anyway, I'll check it out sometime this week.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Mewtwo and Lucario were completely different, except for the fact that their specials are energy balls, and even they don't act the same.
Lucario suits his moves more than Mewtwo suited his, but Mewtwo was awfully slow for one of the fastest Pokemon in the entire series.
Mewtwo needed to be changed, but we ended up with Lucario, who gameplay wise, was a much better character.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Lucario is way overrated. he isn't even legendary. Mewtwo is. and although Mewtwo is also overrated, he still has a wide variety of moves. plus if lucario hits him with Aura Sphere or psychic (two possibilities) it will not be affective.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Mewtwo and Lucario were completely different, except for the fact that their specials are energy balls, and even they don't act the same.
Lucario suits his moves more than Mewtwo suited his, but Mewtwo was awfully slow for one of the fastest Pokemon in the entire series.
Mewtwo needed to be changed, but we ended up with Lucario, who gameplay wise, was a much better character.
Its the movesets that makes them different nothing else.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Plus if lucario hits him with Aura Sphere or psychic (two possibilities) it will not be affective.
Which move in Pokemon that Lucario use a Psychic move? I know Mewtwo can use Aura Sphere, but I didn't think Lucario can use Psychic. ;p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Which move in Pokemon that Lucario use a Psychic move? I know Mewtwo can use Aura Sphere, but I didn't think Lucario can use Psychic. ;p

I just looked up.
He can learn 3 psychic attacks, Psychic, Rest, and Calm Mind.
These are TM's though.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Mewtwo stats are better, so he would get to attack before Lucario could.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Focus Sash 'cario in a Sandstorm. Lucario survives, Mewtwo, if holding Sash too, survives, but then gets buffeted by the sandstorm. Lucario is Steel and thusly survive >.>

I'm competitive with Pokemon <.<

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Focus Sash 'cario in a Sandstorm. Lucario survives, Mewtwo, if holding Sash too, survives, but then gets buffeted by the sandstorm. Lucario is Steel and thusly survive >.>

I'm competitive with Pokemon <.<
But what if there is no sandstorm at the start of the match? Lucario would have to lose a turn to start one up.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Mewtwo and Lucario wouldn't actually ever encounter each other in competitive Pokemon. Mewtwo is Uber and Lucario is OU.

Anyway, don't go saying "Pokemon A is heavier than Pokemon B because of type" when you don't read the Pokedex entries.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
mewtwo would kick the **** out of any pokeom ever made or will make so shut up and put him in SSB4

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You guys do know that unless there are no new Pokemon games in the time between now and SSB4, or the roster size increases by a heck of a lot, Mewtwo has no chance, right? He's being held back because he's generation 1, and there's quite franky, going back to him would be a negeative progression for the series in Smash. (Its practically an insult, and ignoring everything that's happened after the first gen)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
First, Mewtwo is Uber whereas Lucario is overused http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/24413/t931591-pokemon-diamond-pearl-tier-list/ and thus the pros confirm Mewtwo is better.
Doesn't matter.
1stly, Ubers aren't allowed in traditional tournaments, and 2ndly, if being a better Pokémon mattered, both Jigglypuff and Pikachu would have been excluded from Smash long ago.

If I had to choose from choosing Pokémon reps via popularity or the Pokémon metagame, I'd chose the formwer over the latter in a heartbeat.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
SSBM had Mewtwo because that's what was popular back then.

Now... it's not 1st gen, or 2nd gen. It's 4th.

And for SSB4, fifth. Maybe Sakurai will make Mewtwo a Pokeball poke or something to satisfy the fans.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That's if SSB4 comes out during the 5th Gen. SSB4 may come out by the time the SIXTH Pokémon Gen has hit. Like how we didn't get a SSB during the 3rd Gen.

The 1st 5th Gen Pokémon is to be revealed Summer 2009! It could be the "Lucario" of SSB4!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That's if SSB4 comes out during the 5th Gen. SSB4 may come out by the time the SIXTH Pokémon Gen has hit. Like how we didn't get a SSB during the 3rd Gen.

The 1st 5th Gen Pokémon is to be revealed Summer 2009! It could be the "Lucario" of SSB4!
Apparently, it's another Pikachu-sized Electric-type, from what I hear. :ohwell:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Don't say that! I'm keeping hope that, while it is a Pikachu-sized Electric type, it WON'T be another Pika-rodent.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Lucario's probably not going to get kicked out though, because his position isn't "new cool Pokemon" but rather representative of the 4th gen. If any one is up for the chopping block (assuming that the next Smash game doesn't let in 5 spots per popular franchise) its Jigglypuff, despite her consistant Smash apperances.

(But really, another electric Pikachu like Pokemon? That's really not needed, since we have like six already)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I'm not gonna waste my time trying to convince you people mewtwo will be in ssb4. Just something I'm almost certain will happen. You have your thoughts, I'll have mine.
We don't know that for a fact, is all. I want Mewtwo in, lord knows that's true, I do want it back, but there's no guarantee.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is my second most wanted character for SSB4, only behind K. Rool.

The first four slots of the Pokemon Roster inevitably will be:
Pika
Jiggs
PT
5th gen rep

While the final slot is Lucy or Mewtwo. Lucy's popularity will fade over time while Mewtwo's will stay in tact due to Lucy no longer being new. The odds of the final slot are still in Lucy's favor, but not by much. I'd say it's about 60-40.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ya know how everyone say that the likes of Wolf, Lucario, and Toon Link have the highest chances of being dropped? I'd say Pokémon Trainer. Dropping PT would actually solve the "Pokémon problem".

Say, by SSB4, the limit to Pokémon reps lets say, is 6. Well, we already have reached that limit. Dropping
PT would free up 3 more character slots for this one franchise.

The roster could/should/SHOULD look like this:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
5th Gen Pokémon
(Do we need a sixth Pokémon?)

Granted, I am in no way agaisnt PT and this is all just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom