• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Roy wasn't popular in America. His game wasn't even released out here. The only people who liked him didn't like him for well...him. Its just his apperance really, since you couldn't understand what he was saying, his moves were taken from someone else, and his story was never fully explained unless you downloaded the game illegally. (I guess there are those in America who imported the game, and/or knew Japanese, but there aren't many)

He really didn't deserve it, and the one country where he mattered didn't like him. Its really no surprise. =/

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Mewtwo probably wasn't taken out because of time constraints, seeing how everything is balanced. He probably made it so far in to development because the developers were trying to decide on using him or Jigs.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mewtwo probably wasn't taken out because of time constraints, seeing how everything is balanced. He probably made it so far in to development because the developers were trying to decide on using him or Jigs.
It's now commonly believed that he was taken out because the Pokemon company wanted Lucario in and Mewtwo was taken out probably because it would have given Pokemon more reps than Mario.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
XD

Lawlz.

Yeah-huh.
I'm afraid not!

- Still recognized by many (mainly for being one of the very-top-ubers, and it goes without saying that all the old fans will recognize him.)

- Still being used in marketing

- Still making cameos

- Huge fan outcry

He's not out-dated, but he is aging. He can't survive on those four things forever. I want to see him shine in SSB4.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm afraid not!

- Still recognized by many (mainly for being one of the very-top-ubers, and it goes without saying that all the old fans will recognize him.)

- Still being used in marketing

- Still making cameos

- Huge fan outcry

He's not out-dated, but he is aging. He can't survive on those four things forever. I want to see him shine in SSB4.
:/

I don't see him returning in SSB4. I see some other random 5th gen pokemon taking Lucario's place.

I dunno about PT.

And Nintendo has to ask Gamefreak about which pokemon they want in, don't they?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yeah sure, a Marth Clone. Is that what you want. A clone.
they could have easily luigifyed him so he'd be nothing like Marth just like Ike is barely a clone.

Roy wasn't popular with people in Japan....plus the fact that he's a clone.
He WAS popular. way more popular then the first game with Marth in it, may I add. Roy's game was much better then Marth's. I don't care if Marth IS the first lord, or even to go as far as say he's the face of FE.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He WAS popular. way more popular then the first game with Marth in it, may I add. Roy's game was much better then Marth's. I don't care if Marth IS the first lord, or even to go as far as say he's the face of FE.
I hate Fire Emblem and know barely anything outside of the US games, but c'mon, even I know this is bull ****.

Yes, it is outdated. We have too many 1st gen reps anyway.
You'd take quantity of Pokemon over quality?

Seeing as how all but one of the Pokemon reps are 1st gen, we don't have enough.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Marth's game- Shadow Dragon, has just been released on Friday, so Nintendo still acknowledge, and care about Marth.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I hate Fire Emblem and know barely anything outside of the US games, but c'mon, even I know this is bull ****.
what is? besides one opinion, where I said Roys game was better then Marth's, but seriously, Marth's was the first game, of course it sucked compared to the 7th. other then that, it was facts. Roy's game sold more then Marth's, and hey, Marth's game wasn't put in the US until recently. Roy's game wasFire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi, also known as Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade in English.

Marth's game- Shadow Dragon, has just been released on Friday, so Nintendo still acknowledge, and care about Marth.
sure Nintendo does, that's why Marth was in Brawl. I never said Nintendo didn't like the gay tiara-wearing character. I was just in defense when people said Roy shouldn't be in Brawl because he's a clone.

Source=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I liked Roy, I just believe that Marth represents the Franchise, as he was there from the beginning.
That's why Pikachu is still there, as well as Jigglypuff, because they are two of the most popular Pokemon.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
sure Nintendo does, that's why Marth was in Brawl. I never said Nintendo didn't like the gay tiara-wearing character.
If I've read right, he has/can get a wife. A female wife.

Gentlemen, ready the rat poison.

Though Roy's disappearance makes me fearful for Ike when it comes to SSB4. Chances are they'll move in the progression of Marth-plus-the-current-Lord, which is probably fair, but...I like Ike, dang it! And that's speaking from having played Radiant Dawn. Not to mention his character is also fairly unique in SSB too, it's a playstyle I'd rather weren't discarded.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Just playing around, but I don't think Roy should return. Wasn't interesting. I actually want Lyndis instead of him.

Roihu

Smash Ace
*Grabs fail hammer from McScappel and hits him*

Ha you fail!
Still fail worthy.
ok.....soooooooooooo why is he not in brawl?!?!?!/!/!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:mad:
Noob, much?
what is? besides one opinion, where I said Roys game was better then Marth's, but seriously, Marth's was the first game, of course it sucked compared to the 7th. other then that, it was facts. Roy's game sold more then Marth's, and hey, Marth's game wasn't put in the US until recently. Roy's game wasFire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi, also known as Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade in English.

sure Nintendo does, that's why Marth was in Brawl. I never said Nintendo didn't like the gay tiara-wearing character. I was just in defense when people said Roy shouldn't be in Brawl because he's a clone.

Source=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem
That tiara is there for a reason.
If he didn't have that tiara, he'd be as manly as Melee Falcon.
You wouldn't be able to handle that, now would ya?
For being a clone is a stupid reason, but a reason that actually works. Sora and Nintendo and HAL I think can't be bothered to unclone a character. It takes too much work figuring out what would and wouldn't piss off the fanbase.
I also think that if there was any franchise that deserves more representatives just of because the quantity of characters it has, I'd have to pick Pokemon.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
they Could Have Easily Luigifyed Him So He'd Be Nothing Like Marth Just Like Ike Is Barely A Clone.

He Was Popular. Way More Popular Then The First Game With Marth In It, May I Add. Roy's Game Was Much Better Then Marth's. I Don't Care If Marth Is The First Lord, Or Even To Go As Far As Say He's The Face Of Fe.
Thank You!!!!!!!!:)

trev94

Smash Journeyman
my list

mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Paper mario

DK
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rule
Funky Kong
Dixiy kong

Yoish
yoish

Wario
wario
Captain Syrup

animal crossing
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider

F Zero
capit falcion
the bad guy lol idk his name

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike
Eirika
Ephraim

Kid Icarus
pit

Kirby

kirby
king deded
Mk
Nightmare(the ultimate villain of Kirby's Adventure and its remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.)
Knuckle Joe or some one from the squk suad

Metroid
samus
Ridley
Kanden
Spire
Trace
Sylux
Noxus

Mother/EarthBound

ness
lucis
Ninten

Star Fox
fox
faclo
kristy
wolf

The Legend of Zelda
same ppl

Pokémon
pikchu
trainer(get ride of ivesore)
Darkrai

Golden Sun
Isaac
Garet

Nintendo
ROB
Mr. G&W

DE blob
Be blod

Sonic
soinc
tails
shadow

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
my list

mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Paper mario Should be his own franchise.

DK
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rule
Funky Kong Don't see him being in this as well as Mario Kart
Dixiy kong

Yoish
yoish
Kamek

Wario
wario
Captain Syrup

animal crossing
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider

F Zero
capit falcion
the bad guy lol idk his name Black Shadow

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike
Eirika
Ephraim

Kid Icarus
pit

Kirby

kirby
king deded
Mk
Nightmare(the ultimate villain of Kirby's Adventure and its remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.) Can't see him working

Metroid
samus
Ridley
Kanden
Spire
Trace
Sylux
Noxus
This gets more reps than Mario...

Mother/EarthBound

ness
lucis
Ninten Would he not BE Ness?? Very similar appearance, and strong possibility to have cloned moveset

Star Fox
fox
faclo
kristy
wolf

The Legend of Zelda
same ppl

Pokémon
pikchu
trainer(get ride of ivesore) Ivysaur should stay, who would replace him???
Darkrai
**** I don't want to know
Jiglypuff

Golden Sun
Isaac
Garet

Nintendo
ROB
Mr. G&W

DE blob
Be blod Seems like a worthless 3rd party, and a terrible replacement to Snake

Metal Gear Solid
Snake

Sonic
soinc
tails Eggman or Knuckles
shadow Oh god no, why not Knuckles, or even better Eggman
My thoughts are in red.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's now commonly believed that he was taken out because the Pokemon company wanted Lucario in and Mewtwo was taken out probably because it would have given Pokemon more reps than Mario.
Mewtwo was probably taken out for balancing the series, but that has nothing to do with Lucario. Lucario got in because at the time he was popular, but mainly because he was 4th gen. The Pokemon series needed someone from recent games to represent them, and that's where Lucario's spot came in from. If Mewtwo was in, he wouldn't have effected Lucario at all, but rather Jigglypuff, who was a returning first gen Pokemon just like him. This is reinforced by Jigs position in Brawl, being not really in SSE, at the end of the credit list, bottum of the select screen and other hints. In the end, it was a decision between her and Mewtwo, not Mewtwo and Lucario.

As for Ike, he probably isn't going anywhere. He is well known in America, and has two games out here. He's also not a clone, and is very poppular. In my opinion, its very unlikely he'll be cut out like Roy (a last minnute addition to Melee) was.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
my list

mario
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Paper mario

DK
DK
Diddy Kong
King K Rule
Funky Kong
Dixiy kong

Yoish
yoish

Wario
wario
Captain Syrup

animal crossing
Tom Nook
K.K. Slider

F Zero
capit falcion
the bad guy lol idk his name

Fire Emblem
Marth
Roy
Ike
Eirika
Ephraim

Kid Icarus
pit

Kirby

kirby
king deded
Mk
Nightmare(the ultimate villain of Kirby's Adventure and its remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.)

Metroid
samus
Ridley
Kanden
Spire
Trace
Sylux
Noxus

Mother/EarthBound

ness
lucis
Ninten

Star Fox
fox
faclo
kristy
wolf

The Legend of Zelda
same ppl

Pokémon
pikchu
trainer(get ride of ivesore)
Darkrai

Golden Sun
Isaac
Garet

Nintendo
ROB
Mr. G&W

DE blob
Be blod

Sonic
soinc
tails
shadow
Not bad, but a Third Party Series never gets more. It only gets one.

Besides I would put my roster up for you guys, but you all probably seen it before. So not going to bother putting it up again.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
There's no proof that it's impossible for a third party series to get multiple characters, it's just a commonly held belief that it won't happen.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I use to like Sonic and was a fan, but it now really sucks.

Tails sucks alot as well.

What did they do to the Sonic games. They killed the series.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
If anyone gets word on an official discussion about a new game post it or tell me. D: If they do indeed make another, which I think they will, I'm interested in what they'd call it. I'm bidding on "Super Smash Bros Skirmish" <3

Giga Pichu

Smash Apprentice
This is MY Roster :)

Ill give you mine then :)

Mario Chars-
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

Spin-Off Mario Chars-
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong/Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Yoshi
Wario

Legend of Zelda Chars-
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf (New Moveset)
Toon Link (New Moveset)
Vaati

Pokemon Chars-
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Jigglypuff
-Some new 5th Gen Pokemon-
Mewtwo

Kirby Chars-
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Knuckle Joe

Starfox Chars- (All with own Special Moves)
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Metroid Chars-
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley OR Stylux

Earthbound Chars-
Ness
Lucas
Claus

Fire Emblem Chars-
Marth
Ike
-Some new FE Lord-

Newer Chars-
Capitan Falcon
Black Shadow (Ganondorf's Moves)
Pikmin and Olimar
Issac
Lip

Classic Chars-
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Sukapon OR Diskun (Good Shock Chars)

3rd Party Chars-
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Geno OR Bomberman (Whichever They Can Get Their Hands On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom