• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luma

Smash Lord
rofl i thought ManaLord sucks because of that NTSC-Pal bull**** he wrote, but this is just too good xD

sry for offtopic xD

otg

Smash Master
Falcon v. Luigi is in Falcon's favor slightly, although luigi does the best out of all the Mario's against him.
Falcon v. DK is in Falcon's favor slightly if he spaces himself right and doesn't get grabbed.
Falcon v. Pika I'm not sure about, I thought pika ***** Falcon, than I hear from a few Falcon's that it's in Falcon's favor... does anyone actually know?

If anything, I think Falcon goes mostly even vs. Low tiers, it's a myth that he gets ***** by them. He's not like the other high tiers who pretty much beast on low tiers.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Eh I played against PikaPika in losers finals of some tourny, I went decent v his sheik and only lost the match bc i ****ed up uthrow knee at 100% (got eager and fsmashed instead OMFG noob *** ****) and then he went pika and they werent as close.. i won on counterpicks only and even then only once in the set i think? (it was extended bc we faced earlier inbrackets)

then cort went falcon against chu dats pika and he got beat down

from my own tournament experience, I want other falcon mains with exp from plying GOOD PIKA'S to chime in, pikachu > falcon

it may be close but imo it's 60/40 pika

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Fox
Sheik
Marth
Falco

High
Jiggs
ICs/Falcon
Peach
Ganon

Fox above Sheik: Both have no disadvantaged match-ups. Sheik has the Marth match-up, Fox has a variety of cp stages that boost his advantage in any set.

Jiggs and ICs: If the tier list were match-up based, high tier would look like this. Peach's and Falcon's presence in tourney changes it a little. Evenish top tier match-ups (slight advantage can go either way):

Jiggs vs. Sheik, Falco.
ICs vs. Fox, Sheik, Falco.
Falcon vs. Marth.
Peach vs... (Falco? Maybe?)
Ganon vs. Marth.
ICs have some random high/mid/low tier match-ups, and lack diverse tourney results.

Not to say that all of the other match-ups are one-sided, but imo these are the most worth mentioning.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you obviously don't know much about Falco if you say he sucks just because the other player can power shield.
top falco players use lasers to approach all of the time. i rarely ever see tons of lasers powershielded back at him, and if it happens it's by accident due to an attempted shieldgrab. falco only places high in tournaments BECAUSE of his lasers, if you're assuming high level players can powershield his entire approach then that's just ridiculous.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would argue with you but yeah like I said you don't understand Falco obviously, you also ignored someone who backed up what I said and just said BAH TOP PLAYERS DUNT POWERSHIELD LAZRZ PROZ LAZR.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Luigi I think is one of them.. I could be really wrong though.
No.

Falcon also beats DK.

Pikachu is even overall but depends on the stage. For example, Pikachu has the advantage on Corneria.

Falcon then beats every mid tier even if some of them are somewhat evenish. His only three disadvantaged matchups are sheik, fox, and falco with everyone else being even at worst. At least from what I can tell, this seems the way it is.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
NES you think that even??? explain what falcon has on him???

(dthrow knee obv, stomp to combo obv, but cant get much longer **** goin)

pika just has so much more. better combo on falcon, better gimp, chaingrab (o god and its mad good too), and he small and not easy to combo

your input?

j00t

Smash Champion
I always thought that Pikachu was the easiest to combo >_>;

Pikachu dies to knee super early

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Speaking of powershielding, whenever I'm playing Sheik I do dashing powershield vs falcos lasers and i get it like 80% of the time, wtf...so easy

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
on the falcon vs spacies thing...i think with good tech chasing ability like ss has, you would **** them...
i think thats the whole match for falcon, just tech chasing...if you fail at that youll fail the match...
depending on the tech chasing skill of the person i think the matchup's go in falcons favor..
of course tech chasing would **** everyone, but more so on the spacies then anyone else, especially if you using falcon and you can knee them, or stomp knee them at pretty decent percents to set up an edge guard

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
NES you think that even??? explain what falcon has on him???

(dthrow knee obv, stomp to combo obv, but cant get much longer **** goin)

pika just has so much more. better combo on falcon, better gimp, chaingrab (o god and its mad good too), and he small and not easy to combo

your input?
Nair beats his approaches if spaced, knee kills early, and he can be comboed (even if that **** is stupid hard).

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I would argue with you but yeah like I said you don't understand Falco obviously, you also ignored someone who backed up what I said and just said BAH TOP PLAYERS DUNT POWERSHIELD LAZRZ PROZ LAZR.
sounds like a plan

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I didn't see M2K powershield Shiz at RoM... aside from that ridiculous kill with Sheik, but that seemed to be accidental.

Doesn't really prove anything, just pointing out one of the top 2 players didn't do it... and he is pretty technical.

Though if you watch that one match... Magus' Zelda vs someone's Falco, I forget who, you can see what an impact consistent powershielding can have.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Though if you watch that one match... Magus' Zelda vs someone's Falco, I forget who, you can see what an impact consistent powershielding can have.
This?

10omgwtf10charlimitisretarded's

Edit: Since we're not allowed to 10char, I'll write a complete sentence about how silly the 10 character rule is. Clearly this contributes greatly to the discussion at hand.

D

Deleted member

I don't get why this is the final tier list. In my opinion, the metagame is still slightly evolving.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
no, but isn't the reason falco goes back and forth with his SHL just to throw people off? plus, at long enough away, the Falco can just reflect the powershield (1 frame, amirite?).

EDIT @godsmith: blame the man, man! the mods are taking out some negative energy at Melee because it grooves better than Brawl.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
if your getting your lasers power sheilded alot and your the falco..shame on you...

its called mindgames, like just short hop and dont do anything and approach with a laser like idk when they dont expect it hello

power sheilding will definitely not stop falco's...but it would probably sort out falco players that actually think, and those that dont

also cant you shl but do it so it just makes the noise and the laser doesnt come out? come on guys

A N D R E

Smash Cadet
Umbreon is right.

A good way to practice it (if you have no one with you) is fight lvl 9 Falcos LOL. They just walk up and laser from all the way across the stage.

AXE 09

Smash Master
if your getting your lasers power sheilded alot and your the falco..shame on you...

its called mindgames, like just short hop and dont do anything and approach with a laser like idk when they dont expect it hello

power sheilding will definitely not stop falco's...but it would probably sort out falco players that actually think, and those that dont

also cant you shl but do it so it just makes the noise and the laser doesnt come out? come on guys
it's not exactly that easy. fighting someone that can powershield consistantly really limits the way you can approach them. it's kinda like... your opponent took away your lasers, so now you have to fight him without using any

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well let's see.. from my experience Fox/Falco is definitely the harder matchup vs Ganon. 65-35. Sheik/Ganon isn't as bad as people think, i would say just a 60-40 for Sheik. Marth is even, Falcon is even, Peach I'd say is even too because if played correctly, it's extremely hard to get into. Ganon has the advantage vs ICs, and Jigglypuff i would say is even again. For Puff, if I'm outside the stage, I can get ***** easily but if I control the center like I should, I can outspace him easily.

I could elaborate more if you guys want, later?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
do you consider falcon vs ganon even? how do you deal with his speed?
whenever i play ganon vs falcon the falcon just runs circles around me. my ganon is atrocious but still

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Well let's see.. from my experience Fox/Falco is definitely the harder matchup vs Ganon. 65-35. Sheik/Ganon isn't as bad as people think, i would say just a 60-40 for Sheik. Marth is even, Falcon is even, Peach I'd say is even too because if played correctly, it's extremely hard to get into. Ganon has the advantage vs ICs, and Jigglypuff i would say is even again. For Puff, if I'm outside the stage, I can get ***** easily but if I control the center like I should, I can outspace him easily.

I could elaborate more if you guys want, later?
Haha I know you don't really pay attention to how other Ganons play but Linguini says has Ganon vs Fox/Falco as close to even. His performance vs them seems to back this up as well.

Oh I've been wondering, which characters did Azen, KDJ and Jman go against you at RoM?

Anyways guys Ganon has pretty good matchups

D

Deleted member

KDJ and JMan did Fox dittos, KDJ won 2-0, YS and Pokemon Stadium iirc.

I wouldn't say that one outplayed the other (both matches were last stock high%) but it was very apparent to me that KDJ worked off of JMan's lack of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom