• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00

Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15

Tier List from 2008-2010. A new tier list is under discussion by the MBR for the time being. Expect it sometime around early August.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Woah. Marth and Fox 9.9...and Falco fourth. This is unexpected. Now I am really going to get more crap for playing Marth =O

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
good list

i think gannon and doc should be switched and I think kirby and pichu should be switched but those are small details.

good accounting dks goodness, jiggs improvement and the fact that falco is not as great as previously though

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
marth deserves that placement without a doubt. marth has been dominating tourneys for like 6 years.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
nooooo pika's no longer bottom of low! =(

i'm real surprised falco went down that much though, is it mostly because of his recovery sucks and that he doesn't do well against floaties?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Sheik not the best? Yoshi in bottom? Also surprised that falcon is below peach...
Other then that it's great, thanks SBR for updating (finally Luigi is out of low tier :p)

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
its all great but mario is underrated
again.
probably just because of m2ks statements about the comparisn of mario and doc

marios recovery isnt bad
he has chaingrab
he haz teh combos
he haz teh fireballz
he haz teh fire
he has GRAB combos
he has good dsmash
good, hard EGd recovery

so underrated....
oh well, whatever
MARIO FOR LOW TIER =D

Vts

Smash Champion
great list but didn't expect fox to be 9.9 since lower tier characters can combo him better than say vs a marth but guess that shine changes everything.

Sheik is in the right spot if not tied with fox/marth but i don't get any say in this really lol.

boo IC being only 7.9 not even tied for CF/Jiggs.

luigi finally not low tier and mewtwo higher :).

good tier list and glad that its done so no more this character is really higher than this, its done no johns. (wow i was johning)

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
can we expect a new tier list to bring life back to melee? cuz right now, i feel like pika's new tier placement makes him a new character...and now i'm going to play him as a low tier, not as a pseudo bottom =D

Binx

Smash Master
Wow, this tier list is beastly good. I think Ganon and Doc should be switched also, but hey, I'm probably not as educated as the panel that devised this list. Anyways guys thanks.

JrdnS

Smash Ace
no. its so sad to see the last list for melee.

although people will keep playing it forever

great list

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Peach is an 8.4, and CF is an 8.0. What do those 0.4 points of difference means? How where these numbers derived? Finally, why is this the final SBR Melee tier list? Does this mean the SBR will no longer discuss Melee?

I'm not being critical, I'm just curious at the things said that hint at other things unsaid.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Just out of curiosity, what makes Roy and G&W better than Bowser?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
G&W is way better then bowser in almost every way lol. Every move he has doesn't lag for 10 years, he has some kind of comboability, and his manuverability is pretty good. His edgeguarding isn't as good and he's really light, but apart from that G&W->Bowser
Roy has fire

dmac

Smash Champion
I'm sure melee will still be discussed and final might be too definite... but take it as such until someone really breaks through with some character that no one else has been able to(unlikely at this late in the lifecycle of the game).

idea

Smash Master
Peach is an 8.4, and CF is an 8.0. What do those 0.4 points of difference means? How where these numbers derived? Finally, why is this the final SBR Melee tier list? Does this mean the SBR will no longer discuss Melee?

I'm not being critical, I'm just curious at the things said that hint at other things unsaid.
yeah, what he said.

can someone explain why fox and marth are higher than sheik?

do all these changes suggest a new match-up list?

Frames

DI
In case anyone was wondering how this list has changed from the last one (aside from the obvious top changes), this is how they are compared to the old list:

(0) means that character did not change place
(+) means that character advanced by that many places
(-) means that character fell by that many places

Fox 9.9 (0)
Marth 9.9 (+2)
Sheik 9.7 (0)
Falco 9.2 (-2)

High
Peach 8.4 (0)
Captain Falcon 8.0 (0)
Jigglypuff 8.0 (+3)
Ice Climbers 7.9 (-1)

Middle
Samus 6.8 (-1)
Dr. Mario 6.2 (-1)
Ganondorf 6.0 (+1)
Luigi 5.8 (+2)
Donkey Kong 5.4 (+2)
Mario 5.3 (-3)

Low
Link 4.7 (-2)
Pikachu 4.3 (+2)
Young Link 4.2 (0)
Roy 3.6 (-2)
Zelda 3.0 (+1)
Game and Watch 3.0 (+1)

Bottom
Ness 2.5 (+1)
Yoshi 2.5 (-3)
Bowser 2.2 (0)
Mewtwo 1.8 (+2)
Kirby 1.5 (-1)
Pichu 1.2 (-1)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon should be higher imo, he has even match up with marth, bad match up vs Sheik/fox/falco/falcon but.. he has good match-ups vs Jiggly/peach/Icy/samus and Doc. He also has a good match-up vs all the characters below him except, Dk and Bowser.

To me anyways, i have had no problems whatsoever vs the matchups I just named.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
The numbers were a simple ballot and average.

It is final in the sense that, at the end of its peak competitiveness, these were the way the characters were viewed. It is assumed that the Melee metagame will likely cease to develop further and may actually regress due to a lack of regular competition and/or players splitting their attention with Brawl.

This may be untrue, in which case it would be necessary to continue discussion. I don't think anyone is dead-set opposed to reopening discussion if it becomes necessary.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
This tiers list is stone-solid. The only gripe I have is that Mario is so low, but it doesn't make a huge difference. Mad props to the SBR.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
..... puffs not high tier

she sucks =(

lol

and since she is high tier

ill assume its because of me

ahhh ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom