• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i think the argument behind that is that lower tiered characters can actually combo and deal with falcon better than they can against peach

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
no lag aerials + lots of ground priority = sad low tiers
lack of combo ability.

Either an attack is too weak and while it doesnt send peach far away, you cant follow up due to lack of histun.

or the attack is too strong and you can follow up anyway.

Its ****ing stupid. Low tiers have to make **** up to beat peach, and that only works on paper lol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I also think IC's are worse than ganon and doc.

Just throwing that out there because IC's are overrated as hell.
I can understand you saying gannon is better but dr. mario???? you know how far that would make dr. mario and mario on the list? they only really have like 3 things really different about each other.

ice climbers do well vs most people and most people have a thing to spam against them that evens out the maych like missles or immue to chian throws or whatever. both keep in mind your saying one of the only people in this game that counters sheik and goes even with puff, has maybe a near broken grab game with set-ups for it that can't help but make me think of puff and her rest but less punishable should be bottom of mid tier??

I could totally see gannon moveing above but thaat's it. You know chok i'll go back to the ice climbers, after all someone has to spam the living crap out of their down-smash :)

Merkuri

Smash Lord
@insane crazy guy: I agree that Ganon maybe be better than ICs but not Doc. However you saying Mario and DOC ONLY HAVE 3 things different annoys me. Honestly Doc is underrated and Mario is overrated, Doc is a much better character than Mario. The only practical advantage Mario has over Doc is that he has better recovery.

The reason why Doc is a much better character than Mario is because he is much better at killing. Mario's moves are all fairly weak and he is only decent kill move is his forward smash, if your opponent has good DI then he can surviive all of Mario's other attacks upwards of 150% on any stage other than YS. Doc on the other hand has 3 reliable kill moves, them being F-smash, D-smash and fair. What seperates the two even furthur is that Doc can throow into his kil moves, Up throw to fair works on fast fallers, and down throw to fair works on most floaties; at certain percents down throw to fsmash works on some characters as well. Mario on the other hand can get no kills moves out of his grabs, it's stupid.

Lastly Doc's pills are better than Mario's fireballs, Doc's pills move slower and bounce higher to so their defensive and offensive while Mario's fireballs move quicker(not quick enough to hit mind you) and bounce lower. Doc >> Mario.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think doc is really underrated because he can actually do a lot of **** **** where as IC's just get ***** IMO.

I'll take it back though about doc being better than IC's, Ganon still is though.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wasn't thinking like fair, f-smash, pill it was more like, kill power, projectile, combo game. really the recovery isn't the hugely different. but yeah sorry for making u mad

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if doc is high tier/better than IC, then so is samus

samus does better against pretty much everyone than doc does. Theres no way in hell doc is moving up without samus moving up first sorry.

they both belong at the top of mid tier right where they are. ganon can MAYBE squeeze into high tier but i'd rather move IC's down a tier than ganon up a tier.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i'm confused why are the ice climbers near bottom of mid tier? if you kill nana popo isn't totally useless, he still has one of thebest grab games in the the game, powerful/solid kill moves, decent recovery with good weight, is faster without nana in many ways, clearer thinking, becaus ewhen you are pressureing the ice climbers it gets in their heads that they have to prtect everyoneand when nana dies you can relax and carefully think better.

also the ice climbers have many chain throws to use they could mix them uyp and what happened to your fun sdi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNbFzLt28nM&feature=related

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
yeah i agree samus>IC..

HT
peach/falcon
ganon
doc
samus

there is no way samus is better than doc or ganon at the current metagame.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I think high tier should be

Falcon
Peach
Ganon
Ice Climbers

Marth is either at the top of high tier or the bottom of top tier, I have a hard time deciding.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
It's hard to put Marth in high tier after seeing him dominate for so long...

Fox
Falco
Jigglypuff
Sheik
Marth

Peach
Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ganondorf

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think it would be interesting to have different tierlists for doubles and singles.
What do you guys think?
the backroom said they were going to make a doubles tier list, for that one I say puff is the best.

really if anything since they changed the counter pick list ice climbers have goten a little better. no more poke floats.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
IDK fox, falco, falcon, peach, ganon, and marth all do pretty **** well against IC's and **** like down throw down air doesn't even work anymore.

The only person IC's really have an advantage against is sheik and I think that matchup isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Edit: Samus is definitely better than Doc, look at hugs ****** out there with Samus, he actually uses Samus the right way and she shines.

It should be Falcon/Peach, Ganon, Samus, IC's high than Doc and such for mid tier.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
IDK fox, falco, falcon, peach, ganon, and marth all do pretty **** well against IC's and **** like down throw down air doesn't even work anymore.

The only person IC's really have an advantage against is sheik and I think that matchup isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Edit: Samus is definitely better than Doc, look at hugs ****** out there with Samus, he actually uses Samus the right way and she shines.

It should be Falcon/Peach, Ganon, Samus, IC's high than Doc and such for mid tier.
Fox, falco, and falcon are not bad match-ups for ICs at all. ICs do a lot better against the top tiers than ganon or samus in my opinion.

Armada

Smash Lord
Falco is the most overrated char in the game.

Many people have still problems with Falcos laser and that move is the most overrated move in the game.

Puff
Best KO move
Best edge guard
Best Spacing move
So hard to combo her.

I have no idea anymore where i will place IC so i give a tierlist without them

Broken tier
Puff

Top tier
Fox
Shiek
Marth
Falco

High
Peach/CF (i don´t know)

Peach and cf are pretty much at same level

Merkuri

Smash Lord

Down throw to down air is escapable but it still works. A whole lot of top pros are still being chain grabbed by it, it's still a valid part of ICs' arsenal.

And I agree that Doc is better than Samus. Samus has too much difficulty killing, her killing and combo potential are too far behind Docs for her to be better than him.

Edit: About Hugs ****** with Samus, keep in mind that both Shroomed and Homemadewaffles out placed him at Pound 4.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
there is no way samus is better than doc or ganon at the current metagame.
what are you talking about?

samus does WAY better vs fox, falco, falcon, ice climbers and peach

Doc only does better arguably vs jiggs

they both get beat about just as badly by marth and sheik.

samus destroys doc in todays metagame

Merkuri

Smash Lord
what are you talking about?

samus does WAY better vs fox, falco, falcon, ice climbers and peach

Doc only does better arguably vs jiggs

they both get beat about just as badly by marth and sheik.

samus destroys doc in todays metagame
And yet Docs are out-placing Samus players. In theory Samus appears to be better but practical facts are stating otherwise.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
And yet Docs are out-placing Samus players. In theory Samus appears to be better but practical facts are stating otherwise.
Hugs constantly places above shroomed/waffles at west coast tournies

genesis had both darkmike and IHSB placed higher (33) than the highest placing doc (shroomed) who placed 65th. Bob$ placed 17 going almost entirely marth

rom 1, watty placed 17th ahead of boss and DJ (who plays both) at 25th
rom 2 waffles and DJ both placed 17

pound 4 was the only national where docs placed better. interestingly they were both west coast docs (see first paragraph)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
It's the conservative attitude that causes all the problems. Just like in real life.

You people need to get the **** over fox being the best. He's never won ****ing tournaments and especially not recently with any sort of regularity or consistency.

Falco and Puff are ****ing undeniable. Then Fox

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i agree with themanalord. Everyone needs to look at the metagame as it appears at this moment.

Fletch

Smash Master
Falco is the most overrated char in the game.

Many people have still problems with Falcos laser and that move is the most overrated move in the game.

Puff
Best KO move
Best edge guard
Best Spacing move
So hard to combo her.

I have no idea anymore where i will place IC so i give a tierlist without them

Broken tier
Puff

Top tier
Fox
Shiek
Marth
Falco

High
Peach/CF (i don´t know)

Peach and cf are pretty much at same level
Who is this scrub I don't even...

But seriously, you don't think Falco is that good after playing some of the Falcos over here (like Mangos)? I find that hard to believe, especially since Falcos always do well in tournaments. He's definitely better than Marth I'd think, and I'd argue that he's top two given tournament results.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
about fox not being the best though, Fox gets a bad wrap cuz of the 3 most dominant players we've seen in the community, who've historically won pretty much ALL the big tournies, none of them mained fox. (ken m2k mango)
the closest is PC but he never held a consistent title of no 1.

but whats more interesting is that pretty much every person who has ever won a major tourny had fox as a serious secondary who they switched to very frequently.
Ken, M2k, PC, KDJ, ISAI, they all had a fox in their back poscket they relied on.

the only exception i can think of is Chu Dat.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
For all people who say Falco over Fox, i'd love to hear a cogent argument. The only one that places better is Mango and I don't think he should even be considered. The only others are Zhu and PP, where jman and to a lesser extent Lucky place just as well. Fox as a character in terms of qualities is just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom