• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vega4

Smash Ace
This Tier List shows that Apex 2012 hit prides so hard... Losing to them knowing that they coudn't bring their biggest monster made that finally Japan been taken seriously.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I don't mind english or spanish or spanglish derp.
Anyway, I agree with Vega.

Wait, did I really just agreed with him? something must be wrong. /oldlatinamericadrama

It still has a reflection of only the NA scene used in its data. Tournaments in other areas were not used objectively: according to what I read in the OP, they held ZERO objective merit, meaning that this tier list is primarily for NA even if people claim otherwise. If it was truly worldwide, European, Japanese, and Australian tournaments would have been required to make up a percentage each of the tier list weight when compared to NA tournaments. If it doesn't, you're just claiming it as worldwide because some of the members pay more attention to areas outside of NA (and rightfully so if they are living in say, Europe).

If those tournaments didn't hold weight like the ones in John#'s data, how can you say objectively that they influence the tier list an equal amount?
I never said that the tier list's objectivity was equal for all regions, that's just you misunderstanding what I say. I just said that the tier list wasn't solely a representation of the North American metagame, and that the focus, the direction, the idea behind the BBR tier list was to make a tier list that reflects worldwide play. The data wasn't objective the whole way around, which is why it was voted to give it little significance. The MU chart and BBR votes have much, MUCH better representation of the worldwide metagame as a whole, since influence from players all over the globe was used to create them, which is why more weight was given to them.

Regardless, your original point was already foiled, the MK banned metagame is not a larger than the MK legal metagame. You said we should cater to the larger metagame, and we are, which just so happens to be what we've always been catering to: the Worldwide Metagame.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Initial impressions: Lol at Peach not moving - it'll be like this for the next 5 or so lists, she's pretty good at rooting herself to a specific position

Well at least she hasn't moved down

Edit:
Ok so Olimar's jump is a given but I'm taken aback by the fact that he's gone even above Diddy. :090: above Sonic (particularly), DK and Ike is something else that caught my eye. Poor DK and Luigi, expected such a drop for Luigi though. What caused the jumps of IC's and ZSS?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That's always what I assumed we were doing.
The tier list makes more sense with that in mind, but I still really don't like it juts because of that. :applejack:

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
Kirby doesn't have a good MU spread. He loses to most high and top tiers, with his best MUs against them being even. The only characters he has an advantage against are characters worse than him. (Except fox) He has a notable lack of results lately, how can a character be bumped up if both his MU spread AND results do not work in his favor?
Quite a few of those high tier matchups are arguable, but i'm not going to get into that.

What some people don't realize is that a move down on the tier list isn't a damn nerf or anything, the character itself has not changed. So we'll just keep getting better. Disregard tier lists, acquire currency.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just wanted to let everyone know, there was a florida diddy main in the results that fuujin posted a few pages back, whos name was 'Fidel Cashflow'

That guy is epic, I would like to shake his hand.

C.J.

Smash Master
In what way?
We'll have a smashfest literally a few blocks away from him, planned for days that he said he'd come to, text us saying he's on his way, and then in the 5 minute car drive turn around and not tell anyone xD

Happens all the time. Ditto for tournaments.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
But Marth is so easy @_@ And I'm the ****ing Pikachu main.
So..... marth does beat pikachu :troll:

She will, though, because Sheik is about as good as the other two characters you mentioned.
this
Will placed 25th at Apex, better than any mid tier except ocean's rob. He also placed 7th at Whobo (ledge grabs though) Ripple placed 33rd at whobo also with DK only. Those are just off the top of my head. Havent read all 18 pages yet but I'm sure someone has already mentioned this.

Dk has had more top players over the course of its history than sonic . If Cable, Dr. G, ook or Bum still played DK would be much higher.
thats not really impressing anyone xD
Bum was 2008,... Dr.G was never a top player.. idk about ook.

@LP

my bad, you are right
it just feels like *** i never get grabbed by him xD
Really sad to see the "Players are doing well with character X. It must be character X causing this, not the player" ideology is present in the Brawl community as well. Disgusting.
NO. it's clearly peach making it possible for armada to win.

tibs7

Smash Champion
There are really two top level IC's in the NA, Vinnie and ESAM, and two top level Diddy's, ADHD and Gnes. So, they're tied on the level. Off the top of my head, the Diddy's that have dome something this year are:

ADHD, GNES, Player-1, Biglou, Zinoto, Fliphop, Vato, Lie, Felix, GDX

I would add Jebus, but I don't know what he has done. Even though most of them aren't winning nationals, there really isn't a character (maybe Olimar) that has that many high level players still taking names.
Dude
Half those players don't play as much anymore. Only Diddy that could potentially take a major is gnes.
Player 1, jebus are decent to but yeah not awesome.

:phone:

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Regardless, your original point was already foiled, the MK banned metagame is not a larger than the MK legal metagame.
But the MK banned tourneys have more money to their names as of now.

NO. it's clearly peach making it possible for armada to win.
Ask yourself, do you think Armada would be winning those nationals if he played as Spacies, Puff, or Sheik? Do you really think he'd take out the likes of Mango, Hbox, and M2K without that *****? :p

Btw. what do you think an MK banned tier list would look like ^^?
Well, here's my opinion on what it should look like:

A: :popo: :olimar: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2:

High
C: :wario: :lucario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :fox:
D: :gw: :toonlink: :pit: :wolf: :peach:

Mid
E: :rob: :kirby2: :sonic: :dk2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik:
F: :yoshi2: :pt: :ness2: :luigi2: :lucas:

Low
G: :samus2: :mario2: :bowser2:
H: :falcon: :link2: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :zelda:

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
MK banned tournies don't have more money than MK legal, that's total bull****. The data that goes into the tierlist is everything since the last tierlist (9 months ago), NOT since MK was banned (about 4 months ago).

4 months of MK banned tournies, when 40% of all tournies still have MK legal, isn't nearly enough data to make an accurate tierlist. Since 5 months of MK being legal + a 4 month period where he was legal 40% of the time is a significantly larger amount of data, they went with that. I dunno wtf is so hard to understand about that.

allshort17

Smash Ace
People are underrating Pika. I know he doesn't really have the best representation, but he really does have the potential to be at least 6th. However, I understand why he is where he is. One day...

Also, people overrate Dedede. He's really bad. People only use him for secondaries and really, his match-ups outside of Wario aren't impressive and another character could easily fill that gap. His representation of players that main him is lacking too. Coney, 4God, and Atomsk are great, but Coney's getting spotty on attendance, 4God needs to travel more, and Atomsk just came back to using Dedede for important matches. And everyone seems to forget he has 6 -2 or higher match-up that are all high tier (although I believe ZSS needs to be -1). Is that really what a high tier character is? I could see him at the top of borderline and be completely happy.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People are underrating Pika. I know he doesn't really have the best representation, but he really does have the potential to be at least 6th. However, I understand why he is where he is. One day...
I think he's okay where he's at.
Those other characters are just very, VERY good.

Also, people overrate Dedede. He's really bad. People only use him for secondaries and really, his match-ups outside of Wario aren't impressive and another character could easily fill that gap. His representation of players that main him is lacking too. Coney, 4God, and Atomsk are great, but Coney's getting spotty on attendance, 4God needs to travel more, and Atomsk just came back to using Dedede for important matches. And everyone seems to forget he has 6 -2 or higher match-up that are all high tier (although I believe ZSS needs to be -1). Is that really what a high tier character is? I could see him at the top of borderline and be completely happy.
DDD is there because he ***** pretty much everyone below him and beats 1 or 2 characters above.
He's not overrated, he's just too good to be lower.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I bet in V8, mid tier will start at the middle of the alphabet.

D

Deleted member

Damn, This tier list suprised me. Icies and Olimar moved up nicely! I know some olimar mains who are happy to see this. So many pikmin, so many celebrations

Napos

Smash Ace
Does Luigi really have to be that low, I mean...Bad recovery yeah, but THAT low.

I think people shouldn't do pocket metaknights. That is probably what started this WHOLE thing.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol yeah, good recovery is like one of the 3 good things that Luigi has going for him.
The other 2 things are the ability to kill pretty much any opponent from ~40% onwards if their shield breaks, and sliding so far on the ice transformation on PS2 that your opponent will fall off their chair in laughter, practically guaranteeing an upB...if Luigi gets there in time.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
But the MK banned tourneys have more money to their names as of now.

Ask yourself, do you think Armada would be winning those nationals if he played as Spacies, Puff, or Sheik? Do you really think he'd take out the likes of Mango, Hbox, and M2K without that *****? :p

Well, here's my opinion on what it should look like:

A: :popo: :olimar: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2:

High
C: :wario: :lucario: :dedede: :zerosuitsamus: :fox:
D: :gw: :toonlink: :pit: :wolf: :peach:

Mid
E: :rob: :kirby2: :sonic: :dk2: :ike: :sheilda: :sheik:
F: :yoshi2: :pt: :ness2: :luigi2: :lucas:

Low
G: :samus2: :mario2: :bowser2:
H: :falcon: :link2: :ganondorf: :jigglypuff: :zelda:
bubba I see you posting in all these important threads and you just seems as though you aren't knowledgeable at all...

you put fox in C tier, really? oh and jiggly over ganon LOL good one
I also like your placement of icies at number 1, did you download the data at all?

Even not looking at the sheer data, who else other than Vinnie and ESAM show a domincance with the character? Almost every other top user of the character isn't as good as those two and the second you leave the top 5 and maybe about 3 more IC mains there's dropped grabs non-stop

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
bubba I see you posting in all these important threads and you just seems as though you aren't knowledgeable at all...

you put fox in C tier, really? oh and jiggly over ganon LOL good one
I also like your placement of icies at number 1, did you download the data at all?

Even not looking at the sheer data, who else other than Vinnie and ESAM show a domincance with the character? Almost every other top user of the character isn't as good as those two and the second you leave the top 5 and maybe about 3 more IC mains there's dropped grabs non-stop
Man, a LOT of people have been saying ICs there, but you single out one guy for a call-out. Make you feel like a big man?

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
Man, a LOT of people have been saying ICs there, but you single out one guy for a call-out. Make you feel like a big man?
I don't want to criticize the knowledge of others who I haven't seen post other things, unlike bubba (who in the previous tier list thread, v6 now closed) was just completely wrong about various things and seemed ignorant to me.

I like how you just lurk threads, never make relevant to thread posts and just wait for someone to post something you might not agree with and then follow up with your own criticism. You actually for the majority just comment on other comments, too scared to make your owns posts, or just worried that you're wrong about everything?

You're right, I come into this thread come read the last few pages and unlike you don't waste my life away scrolling through pages and pages looking for EVERY comment that talks about ICs and then follow by criticising everyone, also please link me to the "LOT of people" who claim ICs are 1. No really, I'm curious to see how many in this thread actually did say IC 1, because I don't have the time to wade through pages right now, and you seem to have no life so you can do it for me right?

Napos

Smash Ace
Sorry, still new to this forum thing. I thought Luigi had bad recovery, maybe I am just Bad. Anyways, I like the list, APEX played a huge part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom