• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
Yeah, its a bit much to expect from the BBR, you know when theyve got a collective post count of over 200,000, you know theyre too busy posting useful information on the game instead of actually doing what their position would expect of them.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why dont you make every group of character reps in the BBR make a write up for each of their respective characters. Im being serious here. It would give them something to do instead of making just a few feel like they have to do everything. It would also make a lot of other people not feel like the BBR is a joke or doesnt get anything done.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would say that Peach caught the rise along with Wolf, in my opinion.

Voters seemed to split (noticeably) 'wolf, fox and peach' from the other mid tiers below them. Why? well if you wanted to look at peach, voters thought that she was closer in viability to wolf than the rest of middle tier.

And what I mean by 'voters' is wolf, fox and peach nearly had all there vote near the top of middle tier, while the next section were completely jambled (people had sonic near the top of their middle tier votes but another sector of similar size voted him near the bottom (well, not complete bottom [like pt]))

Why? Peach has reasonably solid results at local to regional sized tournaments across the United States by multiple mains, as does Wolf and a bit of Fox. Not many of the middles below have much of anything bar Sonic... usually one player who does well regionally.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Why dont you make every group of character reps in the BBR make a write up for each of their respective characters. Im being serious here. It would give them something to do instead of making just a few feel like they have to do everything. It would also make a lot of other people not feel like the BBR is a joke or doesnt get anything done.
There's already a lot for them to do.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Can someone please explain to me why Kirby is a middle tier? I don't see how he is any better than the top low tiers.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Kirby is a bad character. His cons are worse than his pro's. He is very short ranged, very slow, has lag on all kill moves, he has terrible match ups with top tiers, he is 2nd to easiest to KO. His pro's would be 5 jumps, and good grab game. His pro's aren't good enough to make him a good character or even a decent character. So I want to know why he is a middle tier and not a low tier.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Kirby is a bad character. His cons are worse than his pro's. He is very short ranged, very slow, has lag on all kill moves, he has terrible match ups with top tiers, he is 2nd to easiest to KO. His pro's would be 5 jumps, good dash attack, and good grab game. His pro's aren't good enough to make him a good character or even a decent character. So I want to know why he is a middle tier and not a low tier.
You probably have never played a good Kirby player. /generic answer to generic pros-vs-cons argument.

Hell, I believe he should be higher.

I don't know what to do to show you Kirby isn't a low tier character. Videos are pretty meh for persuading, his tourney results pretty much give him that place in the tier list presently...

Well, let me correct you on some things at least:

*He is not 2nd easiest to KO, nor the 3rd, nor easy to KO at all as a matter of fact. He's about 5th lightest, but lightest =/= easiest to KO.
*His dash attack isn't 'good', it's okay. People can shieldgrab it easy.
*He is not very short-ranged. He's got disjoints in a lot of his moves, and his grab is deceptive.
*He isn't slow. His movement in comparison to the rest of the cast is "average". His moves are fast though, and he can string hits together. Some of his strings are inescapable due to the speed of his attacks, too.
*His MUs with the top tiers aren't terrible. Terrible would be to have -3's here and there and the rest -2's. He has -2's here and there and a couple of -1's. He's held back by MK. I should know, I use him competitively.
*As far as kill moves, I don't think he has lag on bair and uthrow, two staple kill moves of his. Fsmash doesn't have THAT much lag, dsmash neither. And he's still a gimping monster.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd go out on a limb and say that his dash attack might as well be the worst in the game.

So much hitlag; so much time to SDI out and punish. <3
*As far as kill moves, I don't think he has lag on bair and uthrow, two staple kill moves of his. Fsmash doesn't have THAT much lag, dsmash neither. And he's still a gimping monster.
Bair should be stale and why kill with u-throw when you can kill faster with F-smaaaaash. :p

U-throw onto a platform like on Battlefield is okay though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Luigi's is pretty bad too, but I'm inclined to say Kirby's is worse.

Edit:

Not for any particular reason. Kirby's probably technically is better, but when they're both that bad, it doesn't matter. lul

It's like Jibblypuff's dtilt vs Mario's dtilt.

You can argue till you're blue in the face about which one sucks more, but the reality is you'll never see either move used. :troll:

Edit 2:

jibblypuff...

Edit 3:

Actually, Jibblypuff's dtilt beats out grounded nado (wtf), so maybe it's better than Mario's.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol, kirby is NOT worse than Luigi. Not at all.

Luigi should be low tier.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I've never seen a tournament video where a Kirby won a top tier with more than a stock left, and I watch many tournament videos.
I am not able to go to a tournament so I enjoy watching them on youtube.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Also, not every tourney match involving a Kirby is saved. There's about four-five actually good Kirby mains around the competitive scene right now (haven't seen YbM in a while, but I'm just assuming he's still active), but none of their matches are saved as much as other top character mainers' matches.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
I remember this post on v5 of the tier list where this user, who claimed to be kicked out of the BBR, posted a 6th tier list that was collapsed, and when you clicked on it to uncollapse it, I think there was a list of MLP characters (of course, this was before I watched the show). Pretty lulz.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
He can have a laser like Falco's....Against Falco. :troll:
lol. But it's not fun in only one MU, and getting it knocked out randomly is pretty frustrating. :urg:

Fingers crossed for Smash4! It would make Kirby amazing.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In Smash 4 if they replace inhale with a strng of yarn I will shoot Sakurai.
I'll go with you. :evil:

They could give Kirby the string as a zair, that's make me very very happy.

Okay enough dreaming for me, this is the tier list discussion thread, lol!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
i remember this post on v5 of the tier list where this user, who claimed to be kicked out of the bbr, posted a 6th tier list that was collapsed, and when you clicked on it to uncollapse it, i think there was a list of mlp characters (of course, this was before i watched the show). Pretty lulz.

kprime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
They should give everyone a zair. A move that can be used during an AD basically :D

I don't mean like give everyone a zair like link/samus though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom