• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Zelda and Ganon should be in a tier of their own and Link and Puff should be in F tier.

Zelda is probably slightly better because of King Dedede.

Here's my tier list:

God:
S: :metaknight:

Top:
A: :popo: :olimar: :snake: :diddy:
B: :marth: :falco: :pikachu2: :wario:

High:
C: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :fox: :dedede:
D: :toonlink: :gw: :peach:

Middle:
E: :wolf: :rob: :pit: :ike:
F: :sonic: :kirby2: :dk2: :yoshi2:
G: :sheilda: :sheik: :ness2:
Low:
H: :lucas: :mario2: :luigi2: :pt: :samus2: :falcon:
I: :bowser2: :link2: :jigglypuff:
Bottom:
J: :zelda: :ganondorf:
Zelda and Ganon are not so bad as to seperate them from Link and Jiggs completely. IMO, Ganon is better than Link and possibly Jiggs. Also, D3 is not a reason to keep Zelda above Ganon, especially if you're supporting D3 at the bottom of high tier, making him a lesser threat.

Creating more tiers is the hallmark of a very poorly-balanced game. If MK is ignored (which we are doing by placing him in "God Tier"), the game's supposed to become more balanced, so it doesn't make sense to keep adding tiers in between other tiers. Two chars being in two seperate tiers means that there is such a large difference in their viabilities that they need to be seperated by tiers. We already have too many tiers. Making more is not good.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Why do people keep saying Falcon is like the worst in the game. He has great speed which really makes him so much better than Zelda and Ganon.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Zelda and Ganon are not so bad as to seperate them from Link and Jiggs completely. IMO, Ganon is better than Link and possibly Jiggs. Also, D3 is not a reason to keep Zelda above Ganon, especially if you're supporting D3 at the bottom of high tier, making him a lesser threat.

Creating more tiers is the hallmark of a very poorly-balanced game. If MK is ignored (which we are doing by placing him in "God Tier"), the game's supposed to become more balanced, so it doesn't make sense to keep adding tiers in between other tiers. Two chars being in two seperate tiers means that there is such a large difference in their viabilities that they need to be seperated by tiers. We already have too many tiers. Making more is not good.
They really are. They're 2 really slow characters that have nothing really going for them. Link has a zair and Puff has an edge guarding/air game. Bowser has a grab release going for him.

Ganon and Zelda just suffer for lack of options, very limited movesets, risky moves, very poor speed, bad recovery, etc.

Zelda is slightly better because she doesn't have things as bad and has a few better matchups like D3 and Yoshi. Zelda also doesn't get chaingrabbed and comboed as much.

Why do ppl think Brawl is gonna all of a sudden become a balanced game. Sure it will become more balanced, but their will still be unbalances in the game. Also the metagame doesn't have to become balanced without mk, it's just an attempt to balance the game (Which can either success of fail). Brawl is far by one of the most unbalanced games ever. It has many broken gimmicks (D3 chaingrab, Pika chaingrab, grab releases, air releases), unbalanced matchups (D3 vs DK and Bowser, Pika vs Spacies, Sheik vs. Fox, Ganon and Zelda vs. a handful, DK and Marth vs. Kids, etc.), very limited metagame (Little combos with little adaptation towards standard options (Except for like 4 characters which further explains the unbalanced of this game, and a bunch of banned stages. The fact that we actually had to ban MK really makes this game unbalanced and pretty sad.

Edit: Thing glitched up.

BSP

Smash Legend
I think placing snake in anything under A tier is a bit much. Unless MU ideas have changed since the recent chart, he's got no -2's, and he has the most winnings in MK banned tournaments and he's right next to ICs and Falco in MK legal winnings.

C.J.

Smash Master
Well for what it's worth I think almost all of Marth's match-ups are floating somewhere between -1 and +1 with the majority of them being just 0:

-1 :metaknight: :dedede: :popo: [:diddy:] [:kirby2:] [:rob:]
0 [:diddy:] :snake: :falco: :olimar: :pikachu2: [:lucario:] [:zerosuitsamus:] [:toonlink:] :fox: :wolf: [:kirby2:] [:rob:] :sonic: [:ike:]
+1 :wario: [:lucario:] [:zerosuitsamus:] :gw: [:toonlink:] :peach: :dk2: :pit: [:ike:] :sheilda: / :sheik: :yoshi2:

If they're in [ ] they're somewhere between these numbers.
Marth has a negative record against Kirby / ROB so they might be -1 for him.
He has even records with Diddy, Lucario and Ike so they might be 0.
He has winning records vs ZSS and TL so they might be in his favor.

A lot of them are minimally in his favor but not enough to be called +1. For all intents and purposes these match-ups can be considered even.
It's also my [very subjective] opinion that Marth beats Mario, Bowser, Samus, Ganondorf and Zelda no worse than +2.

:059:
Change your avatar >_<

IMO, he loses -1 to DDD and MK, beats Peach, Wario, G&W, Sheik/Sheilda, Yoshi, and Ike +1 and then the rest of the decent characters are 0's.

Marth has ALL THE EVEN MUs.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
They really are. They're 2 really slow characters that have nothing really going for them.
At least they fit their movesets. Link is a really slow char whose moveset doesn't even fit him.

Link has a zair and Puff has an edge guarding/air game. Bowser has a grab release going for him.
No, Samus has a zair and MK has an edgeguarding/air game. Why do you keep listing very frame-specific things that even high-level players don't use too often? Bowser's grab release only gives a very small amount of frame-advantage that's hard to actually take advantage of. If you want reliable grab release shenanigans, then you're better off putting your money on Marth.

Ganon and Zelda just suffer for lack of options, very limited movesets, risky moves, very poor speed, bad recovery, etc.
Link probably has the worst recovery in the game. Ganon and Zelda can actually punish things and possibly score a KO with a few punishes. When Link punishes something, I wonder what risk his opponent actually took.

Zelda is slightly better because she doesn't have things as bad and has a few better matchups like D3 and Yoshi.
Also Zelda is probably the worst character in the game
:facepalm:

Why do ppl think Brawl is gonna all of a sudden become a balanced game. Sure it will become more balanced, but their will still be unbalances in the game. Also the metagame doesn't have to become balanced without mk, it's just an attempt to balance the game (Which can either success of fail). Brawl is far by one of the most unbalanced games ever. It has many broken gimmicks (D3 chaingrab, Pika chaingrab, grab releases, air releases), unbalanced matchups (D3 vs DK and Bowser, Pika vs Spacies, Sheik vs. Fox, Ganon and Zelda vs. a handful, DK and Marth vs. Kids, etc.), very limited metagame (Little combos with little adaptation towards standard options (Except for like 4 characters which further explains the unbalanced of this game, and a bunch of banned stages. The fact that we actually had to ban MK really makes this game unbalanced and pretty sad.
No one said it's suddenly going to become balanced. I think Smash, by definition, is not allowed to be balanced. However, I did say that we should not make the game look even more imbalanced by creating unnecessary tiers. Also, I greatly disagree with you when you say that Brawl has a very limited metagame.

Brawl is pretty balanced for the number of different characters it has.
Street Fighter 4: AE has more characters and it's more balanced than this.....piece of crap. (<_<)

Doc King

Smash Lord
At least they fit their movesets. Link is a really slow char whose moveset doesn't even fit him.

No, Samus has a zair and MK has an edgeguarding/air game. Why do you keep listing very frame-specific things that even high-level players don't use too often? Bowser's grab release only gives a very small amount of frame-advantage that's hard to actually take advantage of. If you want reliable grab release shenanigans, then you're better off putting your money on Marth.

Link probably has the worst recovery in the game. Ganon and Zelda can actually punish things and possibly score a KO with a few punishes. When Link punishes something, I wonder what risk his opponent actually took.

:facepalm:

No one said it's suddenly going to become balanced. I think Smash, by definition, is not allowed to be balanced. However, I did say that we should not make the game look even more imbalanced by creating unnecessary tiers. Also, I greatly disagree with you when you say that Brawl has a very limited metagame.

Street Fighter 4: AE has more characters and it's more balanced than this.....piece of crap. (<_<)
I don't really know what's wrong with having a bunch of tiers in the same category. It's not like it really matters too much.

Well, Link has a camping game going for him. Zelda and Ganon lack a camping game. I also think Zelda and Ganon are pretty much the worst and that's what I meant by saying Zelda is probably the worst (As one of the worst).

Edit: Also, Ganon has a worse recovery than Link. Link has a zair that can help him recover quickly and he doesn't have bad rco lag with poor recover options off of the edge. Ganon has the worst recovery in the game.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't know if Link's is truly the worst. The distance can be pretty pathetic at times, but he has projectiles and a sword to cover himself somewhat. Ganon dies if anything gets in his way, Zelda is easily kept off stage and is too light to take the hits and recover really.

I'm guessing the developers made an effort to make them all look and feel graceful and cinematic in their movements. Its kind of weird how weak Link is however.

C.J.

Smash Master
Ganon's recovery is the worst. Just jump into his upB and gimp him for hitting you.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Can't you like punish Ganon's up b with certain moves? So you can basically counterattack him.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
@ doc king

The reason why I think why the botto mtier is link>Dorf>puff>zelda>falcon

They all suck and are never viable
But link can camp which is an advantage over the 4 characters under him.
Ganon can punish so hard that 3 hits can be a death which is an advantge over the 3 characters under him even if he gets cmboed easier. At least most peeps think 3 times before they do anything.

Puff can stay in the air well it sucks but it's something.

Zelda at least can spam high prio moves when an oponent is close.

Falcon has mobility Doc but his uproach still sucks so why should mobility help? He doesn't has a moveset to use his mobility
his priority is like the worst in the game(diddy's jab can outprioritize him)
so spamming an legit fast move and falcon can't do shiz.
yeah he can run away a bit and hope his oponent let hit himself.
but Falcon can't ouprioritize you. He can run away and come back but as long as your reaction is good you wont have any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom