• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I like the uniqueness that only a few characters have zair's.

Zelda should be able to shoot light arrows all day.

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Just as long as Link keeps his Hookshot.

Better yet, give that guy the Longshot. God knows he needs that thing BAAADLY.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I like the uniqueness that only a few characters have zair's.

Zelda should be able to shoot light arrows all day.

:phone:
Well, its not like the zairs will all do the same thing :c

I was thinking some characters getting like an aerial GTFO move with bad post lag

and some getting maybe just being able to come out of their AD in the first half of their AD (could help aggro styles)

and maybe just give some people air grabs :D (could replace bowser's side B with zair and give him a new side B)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its because everyone can camp him due to how bad he is at getting in and/or chasing someone running away.

I think luigi is down at bottom mid lvl, he'd be too much in low tier.. Where their options aren't as good for running away/keeping Luigi out..

Plus its not like Luigi doesn't have his amazing inside game and kill power still :x

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Im telling you guys DDD is underrated, just play him like 9B did and you will beat 90% of the top US players. Sure you can also play agro and **** but its not the way to roll, just walk up to dudes ps all projectiles on the way then pwn them with ftilt or punish their vain attempts to jump over you by dashgrabbing their landing as they inevetably panic when they realize they cant back up anymore cause that edge is gettin closer and DDD aint walking no slower.

When yo close on yo opponent with DDD alls a breeze and you opponent be freezin (with terror). Cause them ****er he be knowing yousa just gon throw out dat tilt and he aint got no options. Cause the pinguing is fat man and he pack a punch and three more then that waddledee and yousa in d-d-deep ****, thats rite dont roll with the wrong crowd there are brothers and sisters round the corner.

Also DDD>ZSS and they have an even matchup against each other, although perhaps with a slight advantage to DDD because he can just **** up all day cause he so fat.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Something tells me that Mario could go above Luigi on the tier list because Mario has some good tools for the metagame that are pretty proper like the cape and the fireballs, also the up tilt and up air juggles make him have some pretty cool tools. Luigi doesn't have that many good tools as Mario and has an extremely hard time against campers, which is like almost everyone. It looks like Mario, Lucas, and probably even Samus could go above him.

Im telling you guys DDD is underrated, just play him like 9B did and you will beat 90% of the top US players. Sure you can also play agro and **** but its not the way to roll, just walk up to dudes ps all projectiles on the way then pwn them with ftilt or punish their vain attempts to jump over you by dashgrabbing their landing as they inevetably panic when they realize they cant back up anymore cause that edge is gettin closer and DDD aint walking no slower.

When yo close on yo opponent with DDD alls a breeze and you opponent be freezin (with terror). Cause them ****er he be knowing yousa just gon throw out dat tilt and he aint got no options. Cause the pinguing is fat man and he pack a punch and three more then that waddledee and yousa in d-d-deep ****, thats rite dont roll with the wrong crowd there are brothers and sisters round the corner.

Also DDD>ZSS and they have an even matchup against each other, although perhaps with a slight advantage to DDD because he can just **** up all day cause he so fat.
It seems like ppl just don't list his strengths and just list what other characters can do to him (Basically strawmanning D3).

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

I like the part where you're wrong.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ZSS pokes and juggles Dedede far too easily.

Edit:

up air up air up air up air up air up air up air up air

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I like the part where you're wrong.
Likewise, Only you should know better, because youre a better player than me. In any case 9B's DDD would **** any ZSS and anyway ZSS is overrated and arguably worse than Peach once your opponent actually gets around to just powershielding all the **** you throw at them and all the fancy mixups in the world aren't gonna make those nice rocks and scissors you have do the job for you cause guess what? You need Papers. DDD wipes his arse with papers cause he got so many of em, oh yeah and their all signed ''badass'' instead of ''is actually midtier'' which is what ZSS's papers say. Oh wait I forgot! Biatch doesnt have any papers.

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't mean Peach I meant Wolf, Peach is actually far worse than Zss, but no one takes her seriously anyway.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
ZSS pokes and juggles Dedede far too easily.

Edit:

up air up air up air up air up air up air up air up air
lol how? DDD has an awesome FF no landing lag, his Dair beats Zss uair, his bair, fair and neutral B can all cause trouble for her aswell. And how the hell is she gonna get DDD in the air anyway? Probably by landing one of her easily shieldable moves thats more likely to get punished with a grab to dthrow>filt or dsmash mindgame or just a good ol ftilt poke, because ftilt outranges everything zero chance samus bar side B which is a slow crappy obvious move with a decent amount of ending lag to it aswell.
Also don't ignore the fun fact that DDD has to hit Zss way less than she has to hit him. As I mentioned before his risk reward ratio is far greater than hers seeing as he hits heavier is heavier and has better ko's especially on a lightweight flimsy women like Zss.

Steam

Smash Hero
D3 is like... a gimmick character in himself. I'm surprised people don't just call him King DThrow or King Dthreeow.

@Doc King- people strawman D3 because he has like 4 things going for him. Dthrow, Bair, Ftilt, fatness. and everything else for him is pretty much god awful.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
D3 is like... a gimmick character in himself. I'm surprised people don't just call him King DThrow or King Dthreeow.

@Doc King- people strawman D3 because he has like 4 things going for him. Dthrow, Bair, Ftilt, fatness. and everything else for him is pretty much god awful.
and.... utilt, lack of landing lag (not to be underestimated), great spotdodge, neutral b, side b (which yields him random kills every now and then), several jumps and to sum it all up: a very easily executed playstyle which lets you focus on reading your opponent rather than jumping around doing fancy stuff (also not to be underestimated). Also the **** not listed doesn't suck either, Dsmash is borderline listable because it really is a fairly good move, dtilts not bad and neither is his dair for example.

But then again listing feats is completely ******** but if youre gonna go there you can atleast do it somewhat properly.

Doc King

Smash Lord

They should call him King Dash Dance Pivot Grab to scare Wario mains! :awesome:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Something tells me that Mario could go above Luigi on the tier list because Mario has some good tools for the metagame that are pretty proper like the cape and the fireballs, also the up tilt and up air juggles make him have some pretty cool tools. Luigi doesn't have that many good tools as Mario and has an extremely hard time against campers, which is like almost everyone.
Nah, Luigi lives a lot longer and hits a lot harder, he also has better juggles and comboes than his fat brother and requires constant attention from his opponent because he will wreck you in moments if he gets a chance, something Mario really can't do. Furthermore Luigis recovery is actually really good unlike Marios which is crap. But DDD>both anyway.

Steam

Smash Hero
but completely overshadowed by Dthrow to the point where it's usually only useful in matchups where Dthrow CG doesn't work.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol how? DDD has an awesome FF no landing lag, his Dair beats Zss uair, his bair, fair and neutral B can all cause trouble for her aswell. And how the hell is she gonna get DDD in the air anyway? Probably by landing one of her easily shieldable moves thats more likely to get punished with a grab to dthrow>filt or dsmash mindgame or just a good ol ftilt poke, because ftilt outranges everything zero chance samus bar side B which is a slow crappy obvious move with a decent amount of ending lag to it aswell.
Also don't ignore the fun fact that DDD has to hit Zss way less than she has to hit him. As I mentioned before his risk reward ratio is far greater than hers seeing as he hits heavier is heavier and has better ko's especially on a lightweight flimsy women like Zss.
lol zss has like a pretty awesome ff too with like no landing lag. her up air is like, faster than dair, so if you try to intercept that shiz with dair you gon' get rayped. Spaced bair causes trouble for dedede becauze he literally has no options against it due to disjoooooiint and speed and the fact she get's away faster than dedede's anything. zss' gonna get Dedede into the air using almost anything. Oh hey, maybe she could use dtilt? Considering it's like, safe on shield, she does not care. As for your ftilt? it's far more shieldable and punishable than half of zss' moves. Zss' side b isn't a move she uses to space with constantly. Its not samus' zair kthx.

Aalso don't ignore the fun fact that dedede is a huge cluster**** of hurtboxes. Huge target = easy to hit and shieldpoke/stab. she can gimp him and combo him ezyly, meaning he gets damage rackd up prtty fast.

only thing dedede has over zss is that dumb spotdodge soz. <3

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
perach it bretyheron

edit:

while i do collect infractions and all TWINKIE, infracting me for this particukar post makez you a lulzy mod

double edit:

money says i get infracted multiple times for the same post that im currently editing. ****ing smash mods loooooooool. laaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwl. lolololololololololololol.

******* **** ***** ***** **** ***** queef ****** got damn hoe.

triple edit:

ill remove those words if you remove any current infractions i have (damn straight im testing this ****)

lol watcg me get like a 3point ifnactoni for editing in all these censor dodged cuss words because smash mods are lol

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
lol zss has like a pretty awesome ff too with like no landing lag. her up air is like, faster than dair, so if you try to intercept that shiz with dair you gon' get rayped. Spaced bair causes trouble for dedede becauze he literally has no options against it due to disjoooooiint and speed and the fact she get's away faster than dedede's anything. zss' gonna get Dedede into the air using almost anything. Oh hey, maybe she could use dtilt? Considering it's like, safe on shield, she does not care. As for your ftilt? it's far more shieldable and punishable than half of zss' moves. Zss' side b isn't a move she uses to space with constantly. Its not samus' zair kthx.

Aalso don't ignore the fun fact that dedede is a huge cluster**** of hurtboxes. Huge target = easy to hit and shieldpoke/stab. she can gimp him and combo him ezyly, meaning he gets damage rackd up prtty fast.

only thing dedede has over zss is that dumb spotdodge soz. <3
Lol this is BS. Dair is slower than Zss's uair, but not to the point that it matters very much once DDD is past like 60%, Zss's FF doesn't compare to DDD's at all. Zss has more landing lag than DDD. Dtilt is not safe on shield. Ftilt is used reactively as a punisher to what Zss throws out to pressure DDD.

Zss doesn't rack up DMG easily, she struggles to hit a calm passive aggresive style DDD at all.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zamus' up air has the biggest hitbox of all up airs in the game. You will get juggled.

Zss racks up damage easily since your shield is so baaaaayd and she pokes really well.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Stop with the Dedede bias. You only think he is awesome because Dedede easily beats ppl in lower levels of play. Zss jumps high and fast. She can reach Dedede before he dairs and she can always jump and bair from the side if needed. Don't just take the opponents cons into consideration, they have their pros too, not only your main >_>

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Zamus' up air has the biggest hitbox of all up airs in the game.
Is it?

/marthmain

That's pretty ambiguous... either way.
Snake, Marth and Dedede all have pretty big hitboxes on their uairs. Snake and Dedede definitely both have bigger vertical hitboxes on their uairs.
As does Ganon and Captain Falcon.

And actually, Game and Watch has the biggest uair 'hitbox' in the game :p Even if most of it is a windbox :O

In terms of horizontal and vertical coverage in their uair...
Marth, ZSS, Peach (IIRC), Bowser, Donkey Kong, Pit, Ike, Falcon and Ganon allhave pretty big uair hitboxes :p

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I don't main DDD, I've mained Zss though. DDD's fair and bair will clash with Zss's bair, DDD can also use neutral to suck her in. Furthermore as I've allready stated his fastfall is on another level and he doesn't suffer landing lag; a failure to chase him properly from zss's side is gonna put her in a bad position where he's allready landed and is looking to capitalize on her landing instead.

Furthermore the **** you describe happens when bad DDD's fight superior Zero suits, not when the DDD knows how to play the matchup. That being said of course he gets juggled a bit, it's one of the reasons that the matchup isn't bad for Zero Suit.

Just look at Coney vs Nick Riddle, Riddle was doing f-throw chaingrabs and dashlocks aswell as playing generally awesome but it was still practically even.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Is it?

/marthmain

That's pretty ambiguous... either way.
Snake, Marth and Dedede all have pretty big hitboxes on their uairs. Snake and Dedede definitely both have bigger vertical hitboxes on their uairs.
As does Ganon and Captain Falcon.

And actually, Game and Watch has the biggest uair 'hitbox' in the game :p Even if most of it is a windbox :O

In terms of horizontal and vertical coverage in their uair...
Marth, ZSS, Peach (IIRC), Bowser, Donkey Kong, Pit, Ike, Falcon and Ganon allhave pretty big uair hitboxes :p
Naa ZSS's uair has like the largest disjoint of any uair in the game (ignoring G&W >.>), it beats TL and Link's dair, it probably beats D3's dair cause her up-air is so broken >.>

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't main DDD, I've mained Zss though. DDD's fair and bair will clash with Zss's bair, DDD can also use neutral to suck her in. Furthermore as I've allready stated his fastfall is on another level and he doesn't suffer landing lag; a failure to chase him properly from zss's side is gonna put her in a bad position where he's allready landed and is looking to capitalize on her landing instead.

Furthermore the **** you describe happens when bad DDD's fight superior Zero suits, not when the DDD knows how to play the matchup. That being said of course he gets juggled a bit, it's one of the reasons that the matchup isn't bad for Zero Suit.

Just look at Coney vs Nick Riddle, Riddle was doing f-throw chaingrabs and dashlocks aswell as playing generally awesome but it was still practically even.
DDD doesn't suffer landing lag? What fantasyworld are you living in, huh?
That is some amazing biased theorycraft right there pal. Dedede gets juggled pretty badly by many characters and can't really even recover without taking a lot of damage. And keep in mind Dedede is the one who has to approach. What is he gonna approach with, bair?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Naa ZSS's uair has like the largest disjoint of any uair in the game (ignoring G&W >.>), it beats TL and Link's dair, it probably beats D3's dair cause her up-air is so broken >.>
ZSS uair has a 'fake' disjoint. The hitbox is located where her legs are one frame later. AND IIRC that's only on like one frame where she has that fake disjoint.

That disjoint is still smaller than dedede's uair and similar to Marth's.

In terms of flat out hitboxes, there are a lot of characters with **** huge uair hitboxes, as I already mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom