• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coney

Smash Master
ddd would probably play a lot less "stand still and punish bad spacing with grab" and more "constant pressure into check-mate situation for grab"

i.e. more like me!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Dedede players should get used to the timing for "fastfall F-Air into the ground" and put that into their game. It's so unexpected and has nice range.

Coney

Smash Master
it's a really fun thing to do but you get serious landing lag after and is generally even less safe than his other unsafe offensive landing options (inhale or bair)

it looks like you're hitting a croquet ball or something though, great fun

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so i've recently seconded DDD and i just gotta say everyone here who thinks he is good soley because of his CG is ********. damn even i can tell how bull **** camping them with ftilt, dtilt and utilt is. seriously just using ftilt and dtilt and pivot utilt (to get that backward horizantal range) over and over based on what spacing you want really messes people up, and even if you cant cg them across the stage because you are near the edge, that bthrow though you know. seriously im so glad i seconded this character it's ridiculous.

edit:

also planking with DDD's retreating fair>approaching fair and mixing it up with uair and stuff is pretty good. it ain't anywhere on the same level planking with pit, but i seconded DDD so that i could have a character where i don't have to play AGAP in a lot of MUs because even i will admit that pit is best when played as gay as possible and that playing that gay takes it's toll on the player

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
zero suit wins, i'm not sure if it's actually a +2 or just a +1 but i'm sure she wins

about me playing nickriddle, we both have extensive experience with each other's characters. my experience was plentiful but with less spectacular of a player, and he played a comparable ddd but with a completely different playstyle. it would take many, many more sets for us to be able to "figure each other out" and have a consensus on a ratio

i don't think zss is gimmicky, at least not against ddd. she's just really safe, has fantastic punishes, and completely destroy's ddd's terrible air mobility.

again i'm not entirely sure if it's a counter or anything, but it's probably not even. she's too safe and exploits ddd's biggest weaknesses, his air speed and approach game.

also zss down b is weird and i don't fully understand it (like many other things in this game), all i know is that i profit if i hit the second half of it, kinda like phantasm
Well bleh, I only trust my own experience and rationalizing to a certain point so I'm not argue against this anymore. I wish sweden had more of a smash scene so that I could become a better player and then be completely sure that I am allways right about stuff.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
so i've recently seconded DDD and i just gotta say everyone here who thinks he is good soley because of his CG is ********. damn even i can tell how bull **** camping them with ftilt, dtilt and utilt is. seriously just using ftilt and dtilt and pivot utilt (to get that backward horizantal range) over and over based on what spacing you want really messes people up, and even if you cant cg them across the stage because you are near the edge, that bthrow though you know. seriously im so glad i seconded this character it's ridiculous.
Maybe it's because I main Kirby who approaches from both air and ground, but those attacks really aren't menacing at all. They're staple moves, but come on, nothing special. Maybe it's because I co-main ZSS too (lol!), but I don't find DDD as menacing as many other characters in the game.

Maybe DDD just isn't a natural enemy for me so I don't see him as good, I dunno.

also planking with DDD's retreating fair>approaching fair and mixing it up with uair and stuff is pretty good.
Who have you been playing against? Cuz I'm quite sure that if DDD tried planking with fair against me, I'd dair>footstool him all day with Kirby. Try mixing it up with uair, and I'll just wait it out until it's about to finish since you'll be aiming to regrab the ledge. Thanks for the free stock, man.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
why in god's name would i use DDD against kirby when i main pit? i only use DDD for MUs i have trouble with. kirby aint no threat to pit, that MU is even except pit has better CP stages. sorry my DDD is for wario's mainly, then marth (based on the player), and then ill use DDD against other characters based on the stage (like if someone who knows pit doesn't like PS1 and cps me there, then ill just go DDD and not have to worry about being able to go under the stage because ill be controlling it).

sorry bro, he's just a secondary, don't expect me to have to much character specific input with him yet.

edit:

good luck trying to footstool dair my planking pit though bro :troll:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
why in god's name would i use DDD against kirby when i main pit? i only use DDD for MUs i have trouble with. kirby aint no threat to pit, that MU is even except pit has better CP stages. sorry my DDD is for wario's mainly, then marth (based on the player), and then ill use DDD against other characters based on the stage (like if someone who knows pit doesn't like PS1 and cps me there, then ill just go DDD and not have to worry about being able to go under the stage because ill be controlling it).

sorry bro, he's just a secondary, don't expect me to have to much character specific input with him yet.
Yeah, but apparently you have enough experience to say "everyone who thinks he's bad is ********". :|

He's bad in relation to the higher-tiered characters. So, nope, they're not ******** at all.

edit:

good luck trying to footstool dair my planking pit though bro :troll:
Is that a challenge? I'd gladly take it, I'm sure I can do it. :troll:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he's good against wario, marth, snake, lucario. that MU spread alone makes him a good character. my point is everyone saying he is bad is dumb because any character that is POSITIVE against that many higher tier characters is a good character, the fact that he bodies s bunch of people below him also make him a good character. im not saying DDD is the be all end all super great awesome character, im saying he is a good character with a fairly solid MU spread and does good against some of the more commonly played high tier characters in todays metagame thus making him a perfectly good and solid character. the fact i main pit second DDD rocks because that leaves me with literally 1 bad MU (anyone wanna guess who it is?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
he's good against wario, marth, snake, lucario. that MU spread alone makes him a good character. my point is everyone saying he is bad is dumb because any character that is POSITIVE against that many higher tier characters is a good character, the fact that he bodies s bunch of people below him also make him a good character. im not saying DDD is the be all end all super great awesome character, im saying he is a good character with a fairly solid MU spread and does good against some of the more commonly played high tier characters in todays metagame thus making him a perfectly good and solid character. the fact i main pit second DDD rocks because that leaves me with literally 1 bad MU (anyone wanna guess who it is?
Squirtle, obviously.

Coney

Smash Master
Well bleh, I only trust my own experience and rationalizing to a certain point so I'm not argue against this anymore. I wish sweden had more of a smash scene so that I could become a better player and then be completely sure that I am allways right about stuff.
oh it's cool, i can definitely understand where you're coming from! heck, before i played nick riddle i thought the MU was even :teeth:

i'm the same as you, i don't really believe anything until i've experienced it

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think it's ludicrous for D3 to ever go as low as the mid tier threshold, he bodies way too many characters at those levels to be considered worst than that, so while he isn't exactly in the right "definition" for a high/mid-high tier character, he nonetheless fits there because of the quantitative amount of positive MUs (although balanced by the fact that they aren't as popular/important characters).

The problem is as the game has progressed, people have learned how to make their character's tools safer against one of the biggest tools he has, shieldgrab. Lots of low tiers still don't have the things to deal with this, but plenty of better characters do.

Bair is a great edgeguarder, but unfortunately because of improvements on how everyone's learned to DI more effectively, it rarely actually gimps unless they are mediocre characters to begin with.

His pokes and walls are important to mention aside from his CG, and I think it's worthwhile to mention that his MUs v. Falco and Pika have progressed to make it better for him (no longer clear-cut counters, but still hurt him hard), but over time his MUs with higher ups that he used to body now are more evenish nowadays, some even becoming favorable for them.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Pray tell, what does DDD do against ZSS while she is off-stage?
Bair? Cool story bro, invulnerable down-b > footstool off your head > make it on stage. Oh look, DDD is off-stage.
Anything other than bair? Turns out all of our reaction times are terrible.
Oh, you're on-stage? Okay... what exactly are you going to do? Space f-tilt for your tiny poke? If you're much closer we're just going to rising uair you, or down-b footstool off your head.

Please,expand on this... for I have never played this MU before.

Also, for Hippie who cites me vs. coney...
Damn bro. One set vs. the best DDD ever, whom I'd never played before, and it's close. Turns out, the first time you play somebody is 100% the most accurate representation of a MU.

Guys, I got ***** by M2K. MK is +3 with ZSS!
lol, you guys were just saying that Snake vs. D3 is even because Razor beat Atomsk.

Also, I never said that this matchup was good for D3. It is pretty poor for D3.
Let me ask a question.
Where do you guys think Dedede would be on the tier list if his dthrow couldn't CG?
The middle tier somewhere.
King Dededes edgeguarding isn't anything to be afraid of. Zss has a great recovery.

We are not trying to make Dedede crap, we just know he is because we have over 3 years of experience and he was the 3rd in the beginning. Then we realized he isn't that good.
We don't ignore ****, except soon I may think it might be you.
How's a character who has the best chain grab, very high survivability, good edge guarding game, great pressure on Marth when he's off stage, and a slope infinite and **** cps (Which slope infinite is a big reason for **** cps) on Wario?
:metaknight:

Also, that was a good statement about King Dedede right there. Also, if King Dedede becomes a good pocket character for certain mains like Pit's and Lucas's, then he could rise up on the tier list.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think him being only really viable w/ a secondary for his MUs is the main reason why he can't go any higher, he's strong still, but the fact that ICs and MK wreck pretty hard on him make him "unviable", which it's actually a good thing he does so well v. lower parts of the cast, b/c most chars that have those kinds of bad MUs tend to be a bit lower (like C/D lol). He's stuck in that B tier pretty much.

C.J.

Smash Master
lol, you guys were just saying that Snake vs. D3 is even because Razor beat Atomsk.
No, they were saying it was even and cited examples of the match-up when requested.

How's a character who has the best chain grab, very high survivability, good edge guarding game, great pressure on Marth when he's off stage, and a slope infinite and **** cps (Which slope infinite is a big reason for **** cps) on Wario?
I think you forgot the end of that sentence, lol

Also, that was a good statement about King Dedede right there. Also, if King Dedede becomes a good pocket character for certain mains like Pit's and Lucas's, then he could rise up on the tier list.
Being a good secondary has, literally, no influence on where you are on the tier list... Tier list is how good a character is/how likely they are to win/etc in the metagame. Not how likely it is that someone will use him for one MU once and then not touch him again because he's a hard counter for a random character.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
oh it's cool, i can definitely understand where you're coming from! heck, before i played nick riddle i thought the MU was even :teeth:

i'm the same as you, i don't really believe anything until i've experienced it
Hehe, dat Nick Riddle, but you almost had him!

Since youre here, can I please ask you a question about DDD? :O Edit: wait maybe this is what PM is for, oh well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
For the record though dededes sharking is pretty good.
I agree, It actually is pretty good on some stages.

The problem with slope infinites is just that, it needs a slope. Last I heard, almost no stagelist has YI:M as legal, which is like the most consistent slope for that. It may work on Lylat, but at the same time that's not a consistent slope.

If it's true that the non-sloped one is humanly possible, that might change a few things, unless the characters in question are almost impossible to grab to begin w/.

also, I'm pretty sure ICs get best CG award :)

Doc King

Smash Lord
Wow, that's interesting how someone is able to do the Buffered Pivot Chain Grab. It could make certain matchups better for King Dedede if mastered (or partially mastered). Anyone got a video of 9B doing the Buffered Pivot Chain Grab?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it's just what i heard from some guy when we were talkin japanese metagame so don't quote me on it. but honestly it doesn't look like it's impossible, buffer a dash towards them and then cancel it into a pivot grab. next time i have access to a wii ima try and master this. if it's doable, hello texas PR

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
well, i would say i DID have him, but he got himself :yeahboi:

yeah sure, anytime
Awesome thx man!

You play a pretty different DDD compared to say 9B (Yours being more offensive making active reads rather doing the passive aggressive pressure calm reading style that 9B), what's your reasoning behind choosing to play DDD the way you do and do you feel that it is the best way to play him? How much do you think offensiveness/defensiveness should wary according to matchup?

: O

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
No, it is an infinite that can be combo breaked. If you get lucky and not trip, you can infinite.
You can't not trip for an infinite amount of time man. If you disagree youre understanding of infinity in a mathematical context is wrong. Sadly I guess it's not an infinite then. Goddamn it would suck getting the timing down after like 500hours of practice only to trip after like 4 grabs when youre actually doing it. I imagine the suprise and the realization that you never tripped before because you were doing it in training mode would be enough to make you lose your **** and burn all the synapses in your related to performing the grab so that you consequently lose the game, and then fail at life. : /

Edit: sorry man all the weeds made my short term memory ****, but I will better myself, no more double posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom