• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Any reason why anyone should attempt that? Seems totally useless to me. Anyone will expect and react to that.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Any reason why anyone should attempt that? Seems totally useless to me. Anyone will expect and react to that.
It has a hitbox as she comes out of it, and she has N-Air, Neutral-B, and a regular ledgegrab to protect herself, not to mention B-Air for people who try to hit her afterward.

She also has the ability to teleport in place, and on large stages like Final Destination and Stadium 1, she can just teleport away from the opponent. It's not nearly as easy to punish as you make it sound.

I think this would definitely raise Zelda's usefulness in Teams at the very least. I could see it being a rather useful thing to do if she's attempting to stock tank or simply camp.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
To me it seems like "look I am sooo NOT trying to cancel my upb to punish you with a dair that you can avoid by grabbing the ledge and gimping me".

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oh I thought LzR was referring to something else.

Basically while the opponent is off the stage, ledgewarping is pretty much unpunishable, and it's not like we always use dair.

Like I said before, ledgewarping opens up a lot of options for Zelderp. If they're above her, she can jump and up air (Faster than it sounds, trust me) or if they're below the stage she can go for pretty much anything.

The only problem with ledgewarping is that there's only two real consistent places you can do it from, so unless you knock them off stage from the middle of the stage, it's hard to get into position sometimes.

In saying that, I like ledgewarpin' cause it looks kewl.

:phone:

Fuujin

Smash Champion
To me it seems like "look I am sooo NOT trying to cancel my upb to punish you with a dair that you can avoid by grabbing the ledge and gimping me".
Unless the Zelda proceeds to continue offstage and immediatly fast fall out of it she won't be getting gimped.
Or if she uses Nayru's Love.
Basically if the Zelda plays like an idiot, then yes she easily can be gimped out of it.

Apparently Ally didn't.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYgr0aTNpE&t=5m18s

Anyone who's plays regularly me knows I use it pretty often with success.

It has a hitbox as she comes out of it, and she has N-Air, Neutral-B, and a regular ledgegrab to protect herself, not to mention B-Air for people who try to hit her afterward.

She also has the ability to teleport in place, and on large stages like Final Destination and Stadium 1, she can just teleport away from the opponent. It's not nearly as easy to punish as you make it sound.

I think this would definitely raise Zelda's usefulness in Teams at the very least. I could see it being a rather useful thing to do if she's attempting to stock tank or simply camp.
You're overrating her options out of it.
It's basically just a gimmicky move that can be useful if the opponent doesn't know it's coming.
Also lol at her using Nayru's Love out of it.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
The only problem with ledgewarping is that there's only two real consistent places you can do it from, so unless you knock them off stage from the middle of the stage, it's hard to get into position sometimes.

There are several places you can do it from with practice.
The problem is that its easily telegraphed.
Farore's has a lot of start up lag, when the opponent knows its coming her follow ups are easily avoidable.
Not to mention Zelda's air game is pretty terrible.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
PLEASE READ

To all the smashers in miami florida. Hey I'm from Dominican Republic, our best player is in miami florida right now and he wants to play or money match anyone. If there's any of you that lives there and wants to play today or tomorrow in the morning specially if its near the dolphin mall please notice this to me. Send me a private message. His name is Sc@r. Esam, shaky, riddle or anyone in florida that wants to play today or tomorrow morning private message me please.

Fajowski

Smash Rookie
It's about time diddy kong gets moved to number two. His bananas are ridiculously good, if used correctly. I'm a diddy kong user, obviously, so it's nice to see him move up. I don't know if he'll ever get to number one though. Meta knight is just too good all around. We'll see.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not that part, i mean before she starts moving, even when she isn't visible, if she didn't move yet she can be hit out of it.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That doesn't sound right to me... I'mma check up on it later.

Edit: She disappears on frame 34. From frame 34 onwards, she is intangible.

No idea why you thought she'd have active hurtboxes when she disappears, but w/e.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Why is Rob higher than Pit?
Pit has more positive match ups and better match ups against top tiers.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pit is one of the few characters in Brawl that still can use the "no mains" excuse. And Sheik.

When Brawl first came out I just knew Pit would be one of the most overplayed characters in Smash history. Shows how wrong I can be!

Europe and Japan both have Pit players and both regions think Pit is pretty good. America doesn't have very many awesome Pit players and we think he isn't very good. You can probably attribute Pit's small player base to the fact that a good many characters do what Pit does better than Pit can ever do. By no means does this make him bad, just not worth playing if you are choosing your character based on how you want to play the game and not on character fandom.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You can probably attribute Pit's small player base to the fact that a good many characters do what Pit does better than Pit can ever do. By no means does this make him bad, just not worth playing if you are choosing your character based on how you want to play the game and not on character fandom.
To be fair this applies to every character in the game besides the top few.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I find pit's arrows and ledge stuff to be annoying.

Other than that, I'm not sure that his everything else game is good enough to be much higher.

I don't main Pit though. So Iunno.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Pit is probably the character I know the least about. He has a respectable projectile with a lot of mixups and good damage and great pokes. His weakness seems to be crappy killmoves and most of his moves can be beaten with good SDI.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Pit's glide goes really fast, WoI can be used for mobility recovery, his run speed is pretty good... Pit's mobility is fine. He also has pretty good disjoints and can gimp characters with ease.

His general trouble killing combined with mid-weight + floatiness hurts him a lot though. Also considering arrows become more and more easy to deal with as you get used to the MU, and a godawful MK MU, losing to Marth and Wario pretty hard... He's just not a good character.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Pit is one of the few characters in Brawl that still can use the "no mains" excuse. And Sheik.

When Brawl first came out I just knew Pit would be one of the most overplayed characters in Smash history. Shows how wrong I can be!

Europe and Japan both have Pit players and both regions think Pit is pretty good. America doesn't have very many awesome Pit players and we think he isn't very good. You can probably attribute Pit's small player base to the fact that a good many characters do what Pit does better than Pit can ever do. By no means does this make him bad, just not worth playing if you are choosing your character based on how you want to play the game and not on character fandom.
Most people in Europe thinks Pit is mid tier, maybe slightly higher than his current tier position. Japan's "pretty good" is obviously not the same as Europe's.

:052:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
he doesn't lose to marth and wario that hard. both boards agreed they are only -1. however i disagree with mk as -2, i feel it's like -3. aside from that his game is solid. he goes even with most everybody and only noticeably loses to mk, marth, wario, g&w, and mayb ice climbers. aside from that, his MUs are all pretty much even. and besides im pretty the genesis2 results already answered the question as to whether he's a good character or not (kiraflax took 25th, earth took 17th). also luckay recently took 5 over coney and some other noteworthy players in mdva. i mean pit isn't amazing with all sorts of advantages, he just has the tools go even with pretty much everybody.

edit:

inb4johnsaboutmdvatourney

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

Most people in Europe thinks Pit is mid tier, maybe slightly higher than his current tier position. Japan's "pretty good" is obviously not the same as Europe's.

:052:
I just meant that in Japan he's high tier, a few Europeans I've talked to think he's higher up in mid, and there are plenty of Americans who'd put him lower than he is now.

I think his character tools are anywhere from mediocre to good, but you can see by looking at him from region-to-region perspective that he is kind of a "your mileage may vary" character for people who are already really good at the game and really like playing him and nothing more. He doesn't offer anything special but that doesn't make him bad. He will only ever be as good as the player.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i would put him in with peach fox and wolf right next to peach. below fox and wolf though just because of their MU with MK. he's definately better than kirby and DK. hell without MK around... well ill save that for when it actually happens.

edit:

either side of peach, it doesn't really matter since they both get boned by MK

double edit:

my opinion of mid tier:

:wolf: :fox: :peach: :pit: or :pit: :peach:

:sonic: :dk: :rob: :kirby:

the rest is pretty much fine

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i actually think they would be way worse since that would mean more pika's and DDDs. but like i said lets not speculate the mk banned metagame until it actually happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom