• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Which bring me back to my original point, his "in theory" matchups are BS because it never happens like that IRL.
Ok then
Mk: Earth beat Otori, losing to Zex, zomfg, and kakera
snake: Koolaid beat Fatal and bizkit multiple times and lost to Ally and Fatal, Earth beat Shu, Prince Ramen beat Hrnut
diddy:
Falco: Masashi lost to SLS and Earth lost to Larry (at Genesis)
Marth: Kira beat Zex and Mike(?)
Ics: Earth and Masashi lose to 9b (may have beaten him a few times)
Olimar: Earth beat Brood and Anuar, lost to Nietono
kthxbai

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Why are Sonic and DK still an entire tier behind Pit and Peach?

Or what justifies peach and pit to be on wolf and fox's level, that both sonic and DK lack?

We've been through this 100 times already... Peach is considered a decent character with decent match-ups and decent results and that justifies her placing. It's great Sonic did well in a tournament and still gets some nice results and all but he still doesn't seem that great of a character to most.

As for Pit idk. Personally on one hand I find him underrated since he I'd like to see him higher on the tier list but his match-ups are waaaay overrated. However, he doesn't have any unwinnable match-ups (MK is not unwinnable, -2 imo). Top of E looks good to me.

:052:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
For everyone that's not a pit main that's saying his matchups are overrated.

Shut up.

The people who play them obviously know more than you ****ing whiny *****es saying PROOF PROOF. You can't present raw experience which is all we have since we're so few and far between.

The mu chart currently for pit is pretty much spot on. With minimal+1 or -1 changes that should be made.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

We've been through this 100 times already... Peach is considered a decent character with decent match-ups and decent results and that justifies her placing. It's great Sonic did well in a tournament and still gets some nice results and all but he still doesn't seem that great of a character to most.

As for Pit idk. Personally on one hand I find him underrated since he I'd like to see him higher on the tier list but his match-ups are waaaay overrated. However, he doesn't have any unwinnable match-ups (MK is not unwinnable, -2 imo). Top of E looks good to me.

But Peach is buns tho.

Pit is a lackluster character with REALLY average everything. From his jumps to his glide to his projectile to basic things like OOS options and run speed, they are outshone by many characters above him and below. Pit really isn't a force in this day and age. He's better than Peach that's for sure.

:sonic:/:pit:/:peach:

Tesh

Smash Hero

Shut up.

The people who play them obviously know more than you ****ing whiny *****es saying PROOF PROOF. You can't present raw experience which is all we have since we're so few and far between.

The mu chart currently for pit is pretty much spot on. With minimal+1 or -1 changes that should be made.
Ok fine, Pit is good. I believe it without any proof.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
actually masashi beats 9b pretty consistently chuee, everything else was like spot on.

tesh, we just gave you plenty of facts, if you're just gonna keep trolling then watevs.

you know wat guys, pick a MU for pit that you want to see footage/results of. ICs? Snake? MK? Peach? Olimar? come on. pick pretty much any MU and i guarentee i know where to find pretty recent results and videos to prove whether or not the MU is ****ing over rated. you want vids of masashi and 9b? koolaid and pelca? results for kiraflax (he is the worst about getting vids). seriously, just ask

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
actually masashi beats 9b pretty consistently chuee, everything else was like spot on.

tesh, we just gave you plenty of facts, if you're just gonna keep trolling then watevs.

you know wat guys, pick a MU for pit that you want to see footage/results of. ICs? Snake? MK? Peach? Olimar? come on. pick pretty much any MU and i guarentee i know where to find pretty recent results and videos to prove whether or not the MU is ****ing over rated. you want vids of masashi and 9b? koolaid and pelca? results for kiraflax (he is the worst about getting vids). seriously, just ask
Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario, ZSS, Wolf.

Show me those.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Shut up.

Rofl suuuuuure.

Everyone who is Pit main.

Shut up.

The people who play them are obviously biased whiny ****ing *****es who cry whenever someone starts a discussion about their big role model. You can tell some of your your own 'raw experiences' by for example saying "I think Pit and his match-ups are decent because he doesn't have a major or abusable weakness or because of this or because of that".

No need to get so dramatic and defensive >_>The MU chart for Pit is not spot on. But let's not get into objecting the Holy Numbers of our god Pit, or I'll hurt a soul or two.

:053:

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Rofl suuuuuure.

Shut up.

The people who play them are obviously biased whiny ****ing *****es who cry whenever someone starts a discussion about their big role model. You can tell some of your your own 'raw experiences' by for example saying "I think Pit and his match-ups are decent because he doesn't have a major or abusable weakness or because of this or because of that".

No need to get so dramatic and defensive >_>The MU chart for Pit is not spot on. But let's not get into objecting the Holy Numbers of our god Pit, or I'll hurt a soul or two.

Daang Yaaay going in.

Always the Pit mains.:troll:

Doc King

Smash Lord
For this Pit talk. I think we should all wait to see some Pit mains and then decide on his matchups. Pit is very hard to determine his matchups as of now because of the lack of Pit mains.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Pikachu, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario, ZSS, Wolf.

Show me those.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xhfSo__rL0 koolaid vs dazwa zss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di_i8YcjjEM masashi vs 9b ICs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwo3tYiRAc&t=4m24s kuro vs lies wario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwo3tYiRAc&feature=player_detailpage#t=265s esca pit vs nike marth

i can't seem to find recent vids of wolf and pikachu. also the one with wario isn't top level play but it's decent and recent and all i can find.

you sure picked some hard ones to find.

some MU referances for those character's you mentioned

kiraflax has taken sets off of mikehaze (at his e4k series) and also beat zex in pools at genesis. he did however then lose to zex in bracket

i believe r@vyn says he has taken games off of nickriddle, but im not sure. zss is obscure

there are no top level vids of pit vs wario that i can find. and none recent of wolf/pika that i can find. sorry

man you picked like the hardest MUs to find lol

edit:

im just showing MU examples, i know there are sets where 9b beats masashi, i know marth is positive as well as wario, pit zss is pretty even, other MUs i can try to find?

double edit:
lol kuro thx for that headstrong backup, but don't get worked up by tesh too uch, he loves trolling

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Can't believe I missed this post. Not a day goes by without me bashing Falcon!

Everyone could be considered bad below metaknight/a tier it's subjective really.

Case and point. No good falcon mains.
Not really. Like Jimmyfosho said, Falcon simply sucks. There may be different definitions of 'bad', but Captain is without any doubt seriously unviable. Please do not compare him to Pit B/C/D/and even E tier characters.

That being said, Falcon is not underrepresented nor underrated by any means. For a low tier main, he has more than enough players. It's simply a rare occurence to see a low tier performing well.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He's better than the characters around him, for sure. I think it's not that weird to compare him to E Tier.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfwo3tYiRAc&feature=player_detailpage#t=265s esca pit vs nike marth

i can't seem to find recent vids of wolf and pikachu. also the one with wario isn't top level play but it's decent and recent and all i can find.

kiraflax has taken sets off of mikehaze (at his e4k series) and also beat zex in pools at genesis. he did however then lose to zex in bracket

i believe r@vyn says he has taken games off of nickriddle, but im not sure. zss is obscure

there are no top level vids of pit vs wario that i can find. and none recent of wolf/pika that i can find. sorry

edit:

im just showing MU examples, i know there are sets where 9b beats masashi, i know marth is positive as well as wario, pit zss is pretty even, other MUs i can try to find?

double edit:
lol kuro thx for that headstrong backup, but don't get worked up by tesh too uch, he loves trolling

Hey, reading through this thread payed off. I see my name!

First of all, the Koolaid v dazwa was from 1 year ago, so it's not... really proof... Everybody will agree.
Second, R@vyn plays Falco on me now. Now, and back then, I win every set we play.
It's either 0 or +1 ZSS.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
That's probably because Sheik is also a character who seems to have more potential than the characters around her. :p

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'll admit I cheated. :starman:

Ehh replace with Ness.

They're totally comparable. I would go so far as to say that Falcon is better than Ness.

It's funny that I usually only talk about that kind of potential for the characters that I play, but I wouldn't play a character if they didn't have such potential. :bee:

Either way, Ness isn't so cool. Not nearly as cool as Falcon.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
They're totally comparable. I would go so far as to say that Falcon is better than Ness.

It's funny that I usually only talk about that kind of potential for the characters that I play, but I wouldn't play a character if they didn't have such potential. :bee:

Either way, Ness isn't so cool. Not nearly as cool as Falcon.

That is quite far. Too far to put it more accurately.

The only way Falcon can go to is DOWN.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Come on people, everyone thinks their main is better than everyone thinks and has a lot of some magical potential to rise in the tier list. Just go ask the Puffboards.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Ok fine, Pit is good. I believe it without any proof.
Yup cuz i'm saying pit is amazing...that's def not what i said. Pit is either top of mid tier or bottom of low high tier. He's around fox imo but more balanced in his mu sheet. I said stop talking like you know wdf your talking about. And when someone gives you what LITTLE evidence we actually have due to lack of rep. your like LOL doesn't count.

Rofl suuuuuure.

Shut up.

Lol i'm one of the few that usually finds it not even worth it cuz people just don't know that much about the character at all. He's not A tier like in japan. And i can state that with relative confidence. He is def. slept on. And he not "overrated" in his mu". It's pretty damn close to what it should be.

Snake should be even. Wario should go down to -1. Falco could be -1 or even. Same for zss and olimar and pikachu. Imo zss is -1(could be 0 still researching this...) olimar is even and pika is even. Diddy should def. stay even. And IC is rough cuz we have a large large cp advantage. Cuz going to neutrals doesn't hurt us that much. either -1 or 0 depending on how much u factor in the importance of CP. Anything else?
Daang Yaaay going in.

Always the Pit mains.:troll:
Lol that's the name of the pit youtube channel :awesome:

edit:

double edit:
Ik he does. I'm not worked up. I just keep it real.
Hey, reading through this thread payed off. I see my name!

First of all, the Koolaid v dazwa was from 1 year ago, so it's not... really proof... Everybody will agree.
Second, R@vyn plays Falco on me now. Now, and back then, I win every set we play.
It's either 0 or +1 ZSS.
For a mu that's not really gonna change that much and hasn't;that little bit of evidence is somewhat relevant still. Also why wouldn't R@vyn go falco? He does so much better. Seems like an obvious choice to me if u already have a good falco like him.

Tesh

Smash Hero
one set, not multiple.
On this note, I'd like to point out to Maharba that you can bring up every good thing Pit has done, BUT you aren't making a very good case for why he is BETTER than Peach or Sonic. A quick run down of how the matchups have gone IRL:

:marth: As mr HAZE just said, he lost to WC's best pit once and has dropped at LEAST 3 sets that I know of vs Sonic. I'm not trying to tell you Pit is Hyrule tier, but you aren't making a good case for Pit being better than Sonic. Same goes for Zex.

You linked the wrong vid for Nike vs Esca, but I'm pretty sure as the story goes Esca lost with Pit and then went MK the most recent time they played. I could very well do the same thing with Sonic/MK and it wouldn't make Sonic look any better.

:zerosuitsamus: You say a pit took games off of Nick Riddle? __X__ beat him twice. Not to mention Espy beating like every ZSS in Texas.

:popo: , well I haven't seen any top Sonics in Japan. But, a good deal of top ICs in the US have lost sets to Sonics.

:diddy: not really sure here, outside of japan, I'm pretty sure I don't recall sonic or pit doing well vs diddy in practice. A good mid level example is Jebus who I believe recently lost to a Sonic.

:falco: Don't remember DEHF losing to a Pit, but I would personally consider this to be one matchup Pit does better in.

:pikachu2: In practice this probably also goes to Pit. But I'm not gonna go searching for Florida results to prove it.

:toonlink: Sonic is looking pretty good here, but when do we ever see Pit vs Toon Link, obviously as we get dangerously close to mid tier, its less important AND there are less viable examples.

:metaknight: If this one still matters to you, results from this side of the planet EASILY say Sonic does better.

What do the results tell us? Sonic does alot better in matchups that matter.

So far I haven't seen an proven positive for Pit that I can't easily apply "sonic did it better" to.

Chuee

Smash Hero
On this note, I'd like to point out to Maharba that you can bring up every good thing Pit has done, BUT you aren't making a very good case for why he is BETTER than Peach or Sonic. A quick run down of how the matchups have gone IRL:

:marth: As mr HAZE just said, he lost to WC's best pit once and has dropped at LEAST 3 sets that I know of vs Sonic. I'm not trying to tell you Pit is Hyrule tier, but you aren't making a good case for Pit being better than Sonic. Same goes for Zex.
Mikehaze losing to mid tiers too often for X beating him to actually make a case for the MU.

You linked the wrong vid for Nike vs Esca, but I'm pretty sure as the story goes Esca lost with Pit and then went MK the most recent time they played. I could very well do the same thing with Sonic/MK and it wouldn't make Sonic look any better.
If he linked the MM then it went like 1st game esca went mk I think. 2nd game esca won with solidly. 3rd game Nike won solidly. 4th was last hit nike won. 5th game esca went mk.

:zerosuitsamus: You say a pit took games off of Nick Riddle? __X__ beat him twice. Not to mention Espy beating like every ZSS in Texas.
Pit vs ZSS hasn't even really happened at top level so you can't really compare.

:popo: , well I haven't seen any top Sonics in Japan. But, a good deal of top ICs in the US have lost sets to Sonics.
What, Lain losing to X?
Aside from that I don't recall any other ICs losing or even playing any sonics besides Hylian losing to Kid googles, and I shouldn't have to explain that one.
but either way beating 9b is miles more significant than beating any US ICs.

:diddy: not really sure here, outside of japan, I'm pretty sure I don't recall sonic or pit doing well vs diddy in practice. A good mid level example is Jebus who I believe recently lost to a Sonic.
Gnes beat X really bad and beat Espy too, I know X recently lost to Vato Break's diddy. As for Pit I don't ever recall this MU happening at high level since Earth used Sheik against Gnes.

:pikachu2: In practice this probably also goes to Pit. But I'm not gonna go searching for Florida results to prove it.
Another MU that probably hasn't occurred at a high level.

:toonlink: Sonic is looking pretty good here, but when do we ever see Pit vs Toon Link, obviously as we get dangerously close to mid tier, its less important AND there are less viable examples.
Earth beat Jash back at Apex 2010.
Though, just curious, what TLs have Sonic's beaten?

:metaknight: If this one still matters to you, results from this side of the planet EASILY say Sonic does better.
Fair enough, however most MKs don't know the Sonic MU.

What do the results tell us? Sonic does alot better in matchups that matter.
what results?
All the stuff you posted only showed Sonic doing better in like MK and maybe Falco. While Pit wins Olimar (who you seemed to leave out *cough*), Snake (who you ALSO left out), ICs, and possibly Diddy since Sonics have done poor vs Diddy, however Pit's don't really fight top Diddy's (I heard Luckay beat Lie recently, someone confirm this).

edit: Oh, and you also left out D3 since he's above TL. Pit also does better against D3.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i didn't post the wrong marth match. i wanted to show the one that most demonstrated that when they both play well, marth wins by 1.

aside from that, chuee you're amazing. couldn't have said it any better.

btw, since you mention MK, i can referance some sets of masashi vs otori where masashi wins but they are about 6-7 months old by now and even i acknowledge that american MKs are gayer

edit:
snake vs pit is even

Tesh

Smash Hero
I left D3 out because he doesn't matter, along with Lucario, GnW and anyone below high tier. They just aren't as relevant to the metagame (or previously mentioned like ZSS). For that matter, Pit probably does better against Wolf and Yoshi, but who the hell cares about them!? In any case don't just say Pit does better in the matchup. I've never seen __X__, Espy or Speed even PLAY a top DDD (so rare), so unless you have a Pit beating one, why bring it up?

As for Pit vs ZSS, I KNOW there is a pit in Nick Riddle's area as Maharba already brought up. I don't know their record, but Sonics is better by far at this point.

As for ICs, I'll give that one to Pit, solo ICs is less relevant in US metagame with all the stages they suck on, but thats still very impressive even if 9B probably has a winning record there. Lain definitely isn't the only US :popo: to fall to Sonic in the past year or so.

Diddy Kong...sure Gnes beat Espy and __X__, but did some pit beat him? Or ADHD? Or Dekar? Or Jebus? Gimmie a pit beating a good Diddy Kong if you wanna bring him up. If top pits would rather pick sheik or something to deal with Diddy, then how well do you think he does in the matchup?

:toonlink: Espy> Jerm(top toon link in the region) at Nikefest 4 for recent results.

Pretty sure you are wrong about Nike vs Esca. But it doesn't matter anyway, because I can quote Nike arguing he isn't even a top 10 Marth. Not to mention if 9B trumps all of the sonic victories over ICs, then Mikehaze trumps all of the lesser pit wins vs lesser Marths.

@ pikachu, Espy vs ESAM at MLG (see i gave you a freebie) looking more impressive than what pit has going. ESAM also lost to KIDgoggles.

:olimar: Top Sonics overall have a decent record vs him. __X__ lost to Annuar (though i heard he uses many characters so maybe it wasnt olimar), Espy has his wins over RB, Denti etc. as well as his losses. Don't tell me Earth coming from japan with the best Olimar exp the world has to offer beating Annuar puts Pit noticably ahead.

:snake: well what can I say here. Can't really compare Espy losing to Ally and Razer with Pits beating Fatal and Bizkit. Lets see a pit do remotely well against Ally then.

i lol'd @ "mks dont know the matchup", because I'm sure all the top MKs have been studying how to power shield arrows and avoid getting mirror shield gimped. You can't play that card in a discussion about one mid tier being better than another. In a metagame where MK is soooooooo important, you can't just brush off the fact that Sonics have done WAY better. Top US pits either fail or use a co-main/secondary for MK because Pit just get beat down.

Stop hiding behind "oh but that didn't happen cuz no high level pits". If these matchups haven't occured at a high level, then why do you guys think its good for Pit? How do you know Nick Riddle/shlike/dakpo/ybm wouldn't stomp esca/kira/ravyn etc. if it never happened? This is exactly my point, all you have is some theory typed up and designed to support your agenda.

@ maharba, __X__ winning a game vs M2K on Rainbow cruise >>>>>>>>>>>> Masashi beating an MK on FD/SV/BF. M2K is better and on a better MK stage.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
did you not see i acknowledged that japanese mks don't compare to US mks?

:olimar: earth has taken multiple games off brood and masashi has beaten brood and nietono. and also he beat annuar :p

:snake: back in the day koolaid also took a game off of ally.

:toonlink: that MU doesn't happen in bracket ever at top level. at least i've never heard/seen it.

:dedede: earth beat coney at apex 2010. luckay recently outplaced coney although i do not know if they played so i can't say if the MU has happened recently.

:diddy: hasn't happened in bracket to my knowledge.

:falco: pit's have done good against falco and falco's have done good against pit. although i haven't heard of dehf playing a pit so i can't referance that.

:zerosuitsamus: doesn't happen really, so ya can't really say.

:pikachu: sorry can't confirm this outside of like leaf and esca which doesn't count since they are laughably old

im providing you with what i can, if you want to know about other MUs ill see wat i can do

Tesh

Smash Hero
I ask you again Maharba and any other Pit supporter willing to answer, if these matchups "haven't happened at a high level", then why do you say Pit does well? Couldn't I just say Pit loses to Falcon 20:80 or -5 and that there are no high level Falcons around to prove it?

Pretty sure back in the day Trent also took games off of Ally. No one cares about back in the day, those posts belong in Tier List v 3 thread. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom