• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I am out of the loop. What happened with Lucas recently?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hah, that is great.

I wonder who Lucas is Next to?
*Sees Mario*

Yeah, Lucas is way better than that.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Mekos beat Illmatic on wifi...

But I agree Lucas is better than PT, even with his bad matchups, PT just sucks and is much closer to Mario than Yoshi.

GY!BE

Smash Cadet
na dog, mekos beat me on wifi as well as like DEHF/Jtails/vVv Zero/Kingtoon/EVERYONE lmaooooooooooooo wifi too good

was a pretty fun set though, http://youtu.be/I6bDOvrk5jE

he did beat ESAM in WF though, (ESAM won GF)
i can lean towards Lucas being mid tier, but it doesnt feel right. mekos is just THAT good of a player :o

-illmatic

archer.

Smash Lord
Mekos recently got 2nd at a NC tournament with a few big names there, and he beat ESAM in WF (but wound up losing to him in GF).

EDIT: I guess that's what I get for opening a thread in a new tab and trying to reply like 15 minutes later. >_>

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Lucas has like one safe approach move and reallllyyyy struggles to kill against faster/smaller characters despite having like 6 moves that can do it. :\ This is kind of bad because he relies a lot on chip damage and taking little hits when he can get them. I think the intended design for him was that he would kill super early but deal less damage than other characters, but that didn't work out because Brawl.

Lucas rewards creativity because he has a lot of gimmicky tricks that are really hard to punish in practice even if you're looking for them... think MK.

He has really nice results in some local scenes which says something, I just want more of a regional or national showing. I mean Ganon won a tournament, and even low-mid tier characters like Ike and Sheik randomly get top 15 regional results. I think Lucas' results are still more similar to other low tiers.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
na dog, mekos beat me on wifi as well as like DEHF/Jtails/vVv Zero/Kingtoon/EVERYONE lmaooooooooooooo wifi too good

was a pretty fun set though, http://youtu.be/I6bDOvrk5jE

he did beat ESAM in WF though, (ESAM won GF)
i can lean towards Lucas being mid tier, but it doesnt feel right. mekos is just THAT good of a player :o

-illmatic
mekos never beat me on wifi.

yea i namesearch...so wat

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No seriously, instead of bumping lucas into mid tier, raise the standards of mid tier and dump the bottom mid tier into low tier for low tier fun times!

Sheik, Ike, and Yoshi will dominate but its 3 characters not 1 at least

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Luigi feels so out of place in mid tier that I can't see why he shouldn't be low tier on the next list. I agree with what Ussi said except for Sheik going low tier. She's obviously WAY too low on the tier list [worse than LUIGI?!?!? One tier below Sonic and DK?]. She's evenish with Wario and Olimar and close to it against Diddy and Falco.

She should switch places with Peach :troll:

Edit: But Ike, Luigi, Ness, Yoshi and PT in Low Tier probably adds more to low tier events than leaving them out does.

:059:

Browny

Smash Hater
If only being evenish on SWF, had the slightest relation to winning actual high level matches.

If only...

Tesh

Smash Hero
Having a decent matchup with Olimar and Wario isn't unique for lower mid tiers... :yoshi2: Though i guess she has the benefit of a supposedly good matchup with Falco. It actually would have been pretty amazing if Judo can continued on in bracket at SiiS6. Judo vs Shugo would definitely be a possibility and that would have been nice to see in GF.

Also I don't want Yoshi back in low tier chaingrabbing my ganondorf. Its a pain in the ***. Mid tier is cooler anyway. None of them really invalidate low tiers much imo.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I wouldn't be surprised if Yoshi didn't move at all next tier list or moved back down to Low Tier. Since this current tier list even without the +1 spot above PT, he still would've made it into Mid tier...

Plus most of Yoshi's results are Mediocre but still have the occasional good placing like Delta's last two national placings, and Polts placings here or there.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Luigi gets destroyed by Ike

I forgot about him though, yea he'll be a big force in low tier too.

Ike will common mainly because of how easy he is to use (lol)
Sheik will be common for best MUs
Yoshi will be common for having really good MUs and stronger MUs against the lower tiers.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^The irony that said user is posting on said topic is almost fateful given the context lol.

Also, Sheik would be scary in low tiers, ftilt lock alone would give Ganon, CF, Link, Bowser, and to a lesser extent, Ike a bit of a hard time (not bad MUs minus the first 3, but still), and her CQC/gimp game would murder some of the other ones.

Ike would be like definite top and dominate over and over again like he was in his LT days pretty much

Yoshi would be Yoshi and do Yoshi things, idk, but he doesn't seem like low tier either lol. If his spacing tools/camping is as effective against LTs as it is against some of the other people in the cast, that's going to be a rough ride for the rest of LT. It would be funny to see an auto-counter for bowser though lol.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
^The irony that said user is posting on said topic is almost fateful given the context lol.

Also, Sheik would be scary in low tiers, ftilt lock alone would give Ganon, CF, Link, Bowser, and to a lesser extent, Ike a bit of a hard time (not bad MUs minus the first 3, but still), and her CQC/gimp game would murder some of the other ones.

Ike would be like definite top and dominate over and over again like he was in his LT days pretty much

Yoshi would be Yoshi and do Yoshi things, idk, but he doesn't seem like low tier either lol. If his spacing tools/camping is as effective against LTs as it is against some of the other people in the cast, that's going to be a rough ride for the rest of LT. It would be funny to see an auto-counter for bowser though lol.
Really I'd rather this compared to the minuscule depth in low tiers now that there's nobody in it.
Edit: Though now that I think about Sheik would **** low tiers pretty hard.
So I dunno.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I agree too more or less, I would like LTs to have some sort of a pool, but at the same time it's true that the chars mentioned have a lot more going for them to make them stronger than "low tier" by definition.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I said before... Change the idea of low tier to be better than what we think it is.

CF, Ganon, and Link get wrecked by everyone anyways, doesn't matter.

Sheik still won't have an easy time vs Yoshi, luigi, and some others in low tier.

And Ike won't be top in theory with both Sheik and Samus being disadvantages. Yoshi and Sheik have no bad MUs in low tiers.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh yeah, luigi's in there too isn't he?

Wow, I bet PT would go like "Imma 2 stock most of you w/ squirtle within 4 min., then let you try to catch up as I switch pokemon" lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Oh wait, sheik loses Luigi doesn't she? Totally missed that.

Circle then:

Ike > luigi > Sheik > Ike

Yoshi has no bad MUs, and squirtle is a fun gimmick

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So yea.. Ike will probably have the most uses for how easy he is to pick up but he isn't hard to fight.. Don't think anyone goes "oh eff its an Ike"

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
So yea.. Ike will probably have the most uses for how easy he is to pick up but he isn't hard to fight.. Don't think anyone goes "oh eff its an Ike"
imo it's sorta like snake, nasty heavy punishment/reward (their ftilt and utilt even kill around the same time iirc), but snake has sorta closer MUs than MK.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's ftilt kills significantly earlier than Snake's ftilt. Well... Snake's is stale too but Ike's ftilt is stronger than many character's smash attacks, kills 100% mid weights off the side WITH DI i would say. Ike's utilt is about 5-10% weaker than Snake's utilt and has a bigger sour spot. Only thing is Ike's are slooooooooooow (frame 18 ftilt ._. 13 utilt)

Ike and Snake do have similar playstyles though I agree, just Ike is air based and Snake is ground based.

If this low tier developed, I think it'd be pretty fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom