• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Pit's glide goes really fast, WoI can be used for mobility recovery, his run speed is pretty good... Pit's mobility is fine. He also has pretty good disjoints and can gimp characters with ease.

His general trouble killing combined with mid-weight + floatiness hurts him a lot though. Also considering arrows become more and more easy to deal with as you get used to the MU, and a godawful MK MU, losing to Marth and Wario pretty hard... He's just not a good character.
He still has better match ups than ROB so he should be higher. And there are great pit mains in japan.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Mah the Mys

In like 4 of those tourneys you listed I saw Ike did as well if not better than Pit.

(not making a point, but I lol'd when i was looking at the results)

BSP

Smash Legend
i would put him in with peach fox and wolf right next to peach. below fox and wolf though just because of their MU with MK. he's definately better than kirby and DK. hell without MK around... well ill save that for when it actually happens.

edit:

either side of peach, it doesn't really matter since they both get boned by MK

double edit:

my opinion of mid tier:

:wolf: :fox: :peach: :pit: or :pit: :peach:

:sonic: :dk: :rob: :kirby:

the rest is pretty much fine
Why are Sonic and DK still an entire tier behind Pit and Peach?

Or what justifies peach and pit to be on wolf and fox's level, that both sonic and DK lack?

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I really think Pit should be next to Peach. It doesn't matter if very few people main pit, he is still decent. Japanese players proved that Pit is a decent character.
Rob is very bad and should not be higher than Pit. He usually can't KO until like 160% and he has worse match ups with the top tiers than Pit.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
MK ban results

Yes 687 75.91%
No 218 24.09%

dat landslide

Flayl

Smash Hero
are you supposed (read "allowed") to post that

edit: Nvm, just saw anybody could check it out on the poll -_-

D

Deleted member

Take the MK ban discussion to the Unity Ruleset thread, seeing as that's what it directly concerns.

cHp

Smash Apprentice
I really think Pit should be next to Peach. It doesn't matter if very few people main pit, he is still decent. Japanese players proved that Pit is a decent character.
Rob is very bad and should not be higher than Pit. He usually can't KO until like 160% and he has worse match ups with the top tiers than Pit.
ROB is not "very bad". ROB has decent projectiles and a pretty good keep-away game. Landing his KO moves is hard but Pit's KO options are almost as bad as his (not quite though).

However I do agree that he should be below Pit but I still think he should be above Sonic (bias)

Tesh

Smash Hero
:fox: > :sonic: > :peach: > :pit:

I'd also toss wolf in between Sonic and Peach, but not sure. Never underestimate mobility.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nah, i think he's definately below pit and peach if only because MUs, but he could be in the same tier just after them. however i firmly believe that DK is below sonic and that's that

(@ illmatic, i think they are tied personally, she has more disadvantageous MUs in high tier but makes up for it by noticably beating out wario, olimar, ICs, and imo pikachu)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Pit's matchups are fake. When has an american Pit even made those matchups look reasonable.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Pit's matchups are fake. When has an american Pit even made those matchups look reasonable.

already answered that question

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
i would put him in with peach fox and wolf right next to peach. below fox and wolf though just because of their MU with MK. he's definately better than kirby and DK. hell without MK around... well ill save that for when it actually happens.

edit:

either side of peach, it doesn't really matter since they both get boned by MK

double edit:

my opinion of mid tier:

:wolf: :fox: :peach: :pit: or :pit: :peach:

:sonic: :dk: :rob: :kirby:

the rest is pretty much fine
Pit is definately over peach. i have silly kyle in my state and when peach is spaced correctly it gives pit an advantage. the match up i believe is either 55-45 pit favor or even. most likely 55-45 though. lol old match up numbas ni'ggas

Tesh

Smash Hero
Those are results, not matchups. I'm not gonna fish through all of those bracket just to prove you wrong, but from the few I did click:

-Genesis, this Pit, didn't beat any tough american high or top tier did he? He didn't even bother using Pit vs Gnes. Krysta uses Wario heavily.

-WHOBO 3, you point out pit placing below yoshi, ike, wolf, sonic and peach to prove your point?

-Japan, I said american.

-The other american stuff showed pits placing below most or all of the good high tier players. I could stick a top american Sonic, Peach or Wolf above like all the pits in these results.

@ kira, its not about that 1 matchup, its about tier placement. Sonic loses to peach, wolf and yoshi but is a better character overall.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sonic isn't better than Peach.
Pit isn't better than Peach.

Peach beats Pit, playing Kyle won't shed all of the light on the Peach vs Pit matchup.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
tesh ur dumb. earth beat plenty of good players. so did kiraflax

also, if you don't look at all of them then y you feel you know wat your talking about?

edit:

ill, idc about which character for pit or peach is better, i just don't. everyone has character main bias. *acknowledges thread as garbage*

double edit:

sonic is worse than pit and peach. *insert overused xyro quote here*

triple edit:

look at the characters below esca too. and also, the lower tier characters above him are played by famous, top level players of their character. *insert xyro quote but aimed at self*

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you want to even SUGGEST the accuracy of those matchups, don't post placement and expect me to go research it. You know alot about Pit, give me some examples of pits beating top high tier players.

And how is that better than characters around him? hm?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
koolaid boning fatal and bizcuit consistently and he even beat ally back in 2010. recent wins on pelca and watever the hell that mdva ICs guy name is.
kiraflax beating silly kyle, zex, mikehaze, tkd, and more.
earth beat annuar and zomfg (best mk in mexico) and ill look up who else he beat later.

pick a MU and i can point out specifics. why do i have to do the research for you? don't be lazy

@post above

i lol'd. i <3 scrubs

link2702

Smash Champion
i still hold to what i've said a long time ago.

pit IS underrated.

there are people out there that don't main pit, yet use the character more effectivly then the majority of people who DO main pit, so what does that tell you?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Maharba, if you are telling me pit is good without posting valid reasons, YOU are being lazy. I could very well tell you ganondorf is awesome and that you are lazy for not finding every single set Verm loses.

Never heard of zomfg, and i don't care about mid tiers beating other mid tiers.

You still haven't pointed out anything Pit is doing better than Peach or Sonic.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
koolaid boning fatal and bizcuit consistently and he even beat ally back in 2010. recent wins on pelca and watever the hell that mdva ICs guy name is.
kiraflax beating silly kyle, zex, mikehaze, tkd, and more.
earth beat annuar and zomfg (best mk in mexico) and ill look up who else he beat later.

pick a MU and i can point out specifics. why do i have to do the research for you? don't be lazy

@post above

i lol'd. i <3 scrubs
Bizkit** =D...Also does Koolaid travel with Fatal, & Bizkit, & them? O-o

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
Koolaid rarely travels, me, fatal, bizkit, and Bloodcross travel the most from New England to OOR tournies

Tesh

Smash Hero
i only listed high tier except kyle/tkd. idc if u haven't heard of people, don't make em worse. im going to bed. this discussion is ******** and it's 4:30am
I saw Earth vs Zomfg. That MK wasn't impressive at all. Plenty of better MKs in the US have lost to Peach/Sonic/Wolf. Even if I concede all those wins you posted are good, its still far LESS than the character you say he is better than.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Earth lost to Zomfg actually.
but even said that, Pit is so underrated its funny.
His MUs are far better than any other mid tier.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Which bring me back to my original point, his "in theory" matchups are BS because it never happens like that IRL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom