• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We should talk about Kirby.

Nealy no rep, but decent (?) tools?
he's average in every category, which means he sucks overall.

let's talk about how sheik is awesome. at a tournament yesterday, I took fino to game 3 and beat MJG's TL with her.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Too many variables involved. Not only would you have to consider the KB resistance of a character, you'd also have to consider recovery, momentum canceling, killpower of the opponent, etc.

Hence why the %rule was wrong to begin with. It just isn't accurate enough to portray who was the better player.
It would be more accurate than the current rule.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Well, I've always wondered why the argument for the game choosing the victor with suicide tactics existed but not for sudden deaths.

Makes the same amount of sense to me tbh.

Exdeath

Smash Master
prove it. don't just say. "it's better" with no support
Why not? You're pretty fond of it. :awesome: In seriousness though, it's fairly obvious when you consider that the only heavy characters with decent planking are DK and Samus, while the best planking characters (MK and G&W) are very light.

BSP

Smash Legend
Sheik can't kill to save her life though

Minus upsmash, it's kinda sad to watch the opponent when they're living at 200% each stock

She should time out like sonic

Starwave

Smash Cadet
Hi again, i've got more questions. (MK related, but its not about ban vs anti ban) its about tiers and his matchups.

Basically, having an even or -1 matchup vs MK is a godsend because he's the most prevalent character in the game right? If so, then why aren't Fox and Wolf higher? No disrespect to the high tiers but neither none of them (barring ZSS) have favorable matchups vs MK. I suppose DDD is exempt from this rule since he has such polarizing matchups, but characters like TL, Lucario,Kirby and G&W are outright beaten by MK.

I understand that Fox and Wolf have some pretty disgusting matchups, but aside from Pikachu and IC for fox and Wario/Pikachu for Wolf, none of the characters are relevant.

I'm not insulting characters like Kirby or TL, but why are they higher than Wolf / Fox?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fox and Wolf saw rises due to their good matchups with MK, along with other factors. That can't be the sole decider of tiers, though. There are obviously other factors to a character's success than their MU with MK.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Well, I've always wondered why the argument for the game choosing the victor with suicide tactics existed but not for sudden deaths.

Makes the same amount of sense to me tbh.
You could always make them unplug there controllers in the event of a time out and let the game decide who wins (last player standing when the bombs start to fall)

Tesh

Smash Hero
The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced, fair.

Life

Smash Hero
If world = cruel
and chance is a part of the world
then chance = cruel
and we should eliminate it.

MY TROLL LOGIC IS BETTER THAN YOURS

Tesh

Smash Hero
Chance can be cruel, but its still fair. After all, I didn't suggest we eliminate the world.

Just metaknight.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
you could just force them to replay the match until they don't get a tie.

Judo777

Smash Master

let's talk about how sheik is awesome. at a tournament yesterday, I took fino to game 3 and beat MJG's TL with her.
really? I played him not long ago? How did the set go? I played him in pools but not bracket it was alot of fun.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
really? I played him not long ago. How did the set go? I played him in pools but not bracket it was alot of fun.
set went 2-1. he went MK after I won and then proceeded to beat me.

Judo777

Smash Master
Oh he won the set? poopie pants. lol

I won game 1 (2 stock but I got a pretty lucky read). Game 2 and 3 were last hit and I should have had him game 3 but I made a technical error and missed a gimp and lost.

Most fun set of my life.

GiantJigglypuff3

Smash Rookie
jiggly? :o
:'( i think im gonna cry...

but really, isnt lucas a little better than low tier? i think he at least deserves mid
and link should be higher than boswer... how is he up there
okay, diddy should not be above snake. u can use diddy's bananas against him, u cant make snake kill himself with his missile

other than that...
STILL CRYING OVER JIGGLY!!! D':

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
jiggly? :o
:'( i think im gonna cry...

but really, isnt lucas a little better than low tier? i think he at least deserves mid
and link should be higher than boswer... how is he up there
okay, diddy should not be above snake. u can use diddy's bananas against him, u cant make snake kill himself with his missile

other than that...
STILL CRYING OVER JIGGLY!!! D':
Lucas is not better than low tier, maybe bottom-mid. He's just...not good.
Link really isn't good either. Neither is Bowser. I never really cared for where low tier characters are placed since it doesn't really matter - they're all bad.

Diddy is definitely above Snake at this rate. Sure, you can use Diddy's banana's against him, but Diddy is the best at using them and against a good Diddy you'll never be in a position to out-play the Diddy with his own bananas.

Plus, you say you can't make Snake kill himself with his missile, but you can throw his grenades back and pressure him onto his own C4 and landmines. Just saiyan.

And Puff sucks, sorry.

MJG

Smash Hero

Implying I was trying in friendlies when I beat Judo's sheik.

And IIRC, beating someone is better than taking them to game 3.

lol.

we out.

When did we play a set? I will gladly money match you but I didn't think you would take friendlies so seriously. Im sorry ripple but Judo's sheik was WAY harder than your sheik >_>

Judo777

Smash Master
Implying I was trying in friendlies when I beat Judo's sheik.

And IIRC, beating someone is better than taking them to game 3.

lol.

we out.
You weren't trying against me? :( or did I misread? lol

Judo777

Smash Master
No. This was for ripple. I would NEVER sandbag in pools...your sheik was giving me a run for my money >_>.

That MU is even IMO.
yea I agree. dude tellin you most fun set ever. hope we get to play again sometime.

Dnyce

Smash Master
edit:

guess this is what happens when you only name-search and don't use context clues.

nvrm :awesome:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
our pools set was 2-1 wasn't it? or am I mixing them up

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
The removal of MK will create much needed diversity in tournament results, causing an extreme change in the tier list. Many notable mid and low tiers suffer because of MK. (Namely ROB)

I'm sure you'll be surprised at what you see.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
^ lol i was just gonna say that after reading his post. and how many ddd's do you think we'll be seeing if mk's gone? @.@ a lot more at least...x.x

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
No. I 2-0d you in pools with MK remember? I 3 stocked you game 2 and then you slammed your controller down and left.
it wasn't a 3 stock.... I fully charged needled you into fair on halberd.

but yes, it was 2-0

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
This is the post that asks which characters you want to see write-ups for.

Also, the BBR is busy playing mafia with other stuff right now, it doesn't seem like anyone is paying attention to getting more write-ups done... :/ If a decent amount of people want to see a certain write-up though, I'll go back there and bump the thread to see if anyone is willing to do the work.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom