• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yes, cause results matter when certain chars never fight their hard CP's or Disadv MU's in the tournies they win.

Right Browny?

I guess tier list should just be based on how well chars do against MK

Get to work BBR

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yes, cause results matter when certain chars never fight their hard CP's or Disadv MU's in the tournies they win.

Right Browny?

I guess tier list should just be based on how well chars do against MK

Get to work BBR
youre slow son, the tier list has been about who does best vs mk since like... v3.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Cause Fox too busy worrying about Pikachu and Shiek kicking his ***

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
except nobody plays sheik and i'm pretty sure foxes have a positive record against pikachus in tournament.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah, you're right. If I had a nickel for every time I saw Fox lose to Pikachu or Sheik...

wait a second

I don't think I'd have any money at all

Also that talk with TKD was really good!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah, you're right. If I had a nickel for every time I saw Fox lose to Pikachu or Sheik...

wait a second

I don't think I'd have any money at all

Also that talk with TKD was really good!
Because it barely happens...doesnt take away the fact he loses to them

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Anti uses Sheik

If he faces TKD in tourney, he's good to go

:awesome:

On a more serious note, however, how many people think there should be some, if any characters between Z-Sheik and Sheik?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Because it barely happens...doesnt take away the fact he loses to them
I was mostly joking, but pointing out that it can't be THAT much of a contributing factor in why Fox is uncommon if they never end up playing Pikachus and Sheiks anyways lol.

Like if we have something that's unpopular, and our reason for it being unpopular is because of something happening, wouldn't it make sense if that something happening actually... you know... happened?

I wasn't saying that Fox did super well against Pikachu, Sheik, ICs, etc just because it never happens, or that it's not a contributing factor in why Fox doesn't appear. I'm more pointing out that I don't know which character wins the matchup, or by how much, and that there's no way anyone else could really know for sure how bad it is, or what the repercussions are on the popularity of Fox when Fox's never play against Sheiks/Pikas/ICs.

It can't be THAT big a deal for why he's unpopular if it doesn't happen lol

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anti uses Sheik

If he faces TKD in tourney, he's good to go
inb4 anti gets 2 stocked while going sheik and switches back to mk.

:awesome:

On a more serious note, however, how many people think there should be some, if any characters between Z-Sheik and Sheik?
none, imo.
zelda is trash.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I still think there are some instances where Zelda helps out.

Killing earlier, plus there are those scarce matchups where Zelda has the advantage...

Although I do agree no characters should be between them... I feel they should be on different tiers

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Moves that kill don't do any good when you never hit with them.

Zelda does have a couple matches where she does better than sheik ... but that's still not enough to justify her bringing them above a whole other character, let alone multiple.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I've heard Zelda fares better than Sheik at the IC matchup, although it's still a disadvantage.
There's also the fact Zelda doesn't have to worry about Pika CGs.
Plus, the Dedede boards seem to think their MUs against Zelda and Sheik are the same(At 55:45 Dedede's favor).

That's something, I guess?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I was mostly joking, but pointing out that it can't be THAT much of a contributing factor in why Fox is uncommon if they never end up playing Pikachus and Sheiks anyways lol.

Like if we have something that's unpopular, and our reason for it being unpopular is because of something happening, wouldn't it make sense if that something happening actually... you know... happened?

I wasn't saying that Fox did super well against Pikachu, Sheik, ICs, etc just because it never happens, or that it's not a contributing factor in why Fox doesn't appear. I'm more pointing out that I don't know which character wins the matchup, or by how much, and that there's no way anyone else could really know for sure how bad it is, or what the repercussions are on the popularity of Fox when Fox's never play against Sheiks/Pikas/ICs.

It can't be THAT big a deal for why he's unpopular if it doesn't happen lol
Well yeah, theirs alot of MU's like that in this game cause well...the chances of said characters meeting aren't very popular. Which is why I said the tier list should just be made for how well you do against MK cause that's how it really seems to me anyway.

People argue MU's for said character when in reality the MU between two skilled players with each character has barely ever happened. Like say, Fox vs Sheik. So it's hard to really say Fox gets ***** when there really is no evidence to back it up other than LOL I CAN FTILT U TO DEATH

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Well yeah, theirs alot of MU's like that in this game cause well...the chances of said characters meeting aren't very popular. Which is why I said the tier list should just be made for how well you do against MK cause that's how it really seems to me anyway.
Well ability to play against Diddy, Snake, and Falco would probably be important, since they don't seem that uncommon, but yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you said

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've heard Zelda fares better than Sheik at the IC matchup, although it's still a disadvantage.
There's also the fact Zelda doesn't have to worry about Pika CGs.
Plus, the Dedede boards seem to think their MUs against Zelda and Sheik are the same(At 55:45 Dedede's favor).

That's something, I guess?
Well that's what i meant by zelda having a couple better MUs than sheik. :p

How you view real world results is somewhat biased in the first place anyway.
Holy moly, so when it comes down to it it's all opinions.
Not the mention the fact that choosing who to play in tournament is based off of opinions too.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
How you view real world results is somewhat biased in the first place anyway.
Holy moly, so when it comes down to it it's all opinions.
Whoa, sholdier. I'm talking about like

"Pikachu beats Fox up"

Well, then why don't Pikachus usually beat Fox up that badly? Heh

I'm not saying the match-up isn't in Pikachu's favor but we love to pretend it's unwinnable. Meanwhile, high-level Fox players have a winning record against the little rat, which says something about the match-up and says it more loudly and definitely more clearly than a bunch of guys talking about it on the internet.

I have my opinions too (even controversial or outright strange ones) but when real life says something different, I tend to take a second look.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well it's not unwinnable, but the way you talk we might as well say Fox BEATS Pika since he's positive against him in tournament. I mean having a positive record can only mean:

1. Character had better players for those sets

2. Character wins that MU

Hue?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Well it's not unwinnable, but the way you talk we might as well say Fox BEATS Pika since he's positive against him in tournament. I mean having a positive record can only mean:

1. Character had better players for those sets

2. Character wins that MU

Hue?
Nah DMG, it's pretty reasonable to assume that said Fox players were outplaying their Pikachu opponents. Fox loses to Pikachu, and I don't think anyone here is making claims otherwise.

With that said, it's a match-up where skill and execution (mostly strong execution) can make up for obvious, glaring deficiencies and classifying Pikachu as "unwinnable" seems disingenuous. But then, I guess we agree that it isn't, so there's not really an argument happening here is there?

With Sheik, it's pretty obvious to me that Fox doesn't stand much of a chance but there's not a lot of high-level Sheik/Fox play, so maybe someone will prove me wrong.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel like i'm being one of the more level headed people in this thread right now and that kind of scares me.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I think the "unwinnable MU-Wagon" has already left, I didn't see people saying Fox:pika is unwinnable for a loooong time.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Pointing out that Fox is positive against tournament is important, and doesn't only mean those two things, or well that's oversimplifying what both of the conclusions effect.

If the matchup is uncommon enough, and when the matchup is played, Fox tends to win, doesn't mean that Fox wins the matchup. But boiling it down to "Either Fox wins the matchup, or Fox players are always outplaying Pikachu players" easily leads to "Fox players are always way outplaying Pikachu players", which, from there, it doesn't take much to lead to "Fox has to way outplay Pikachu to win", and then you end up way overestimating how bad the matchup is.

Like that's not always what happens, but boiling it down the way you have fuels confirmation bias. Not even acknowledging that Fox seems to beat Pikachu more in the real world (whether that's what the matchup is or not, I don't claim to know, nor do I think I know enough to actually know) than Pikachu seems to beat Fox is really silly.

It's a bad matchup probably, but hardly something that should keep Fox down if it doesn't actually do that in the real world.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pointing out that Fox is positive against tournament is important, and doesn't only mean those two things, or well that's oversimplifying what both of the conclusions effect.

If the matchup is uncommon enough, and when the matchup is played, Fox tends to win, doesn't mean that Fox wins the matchup. But boiling it down to "Either Fox wins the matchup, or Fox players are always outplaying Pikachu players" easily leads to "Fox players are always way outplaying Pikachu players", which, from there, it doesn't take much to lead to "Fox has to way outplay Pikachu to win", and then you end up way overestimating how bad the matchup is.

Like that's not always what happens, but boiling it down the way you have fuels confirmation bias. Not even acknowledging that Fox seems to beat Pikachu more in the real world (whether that's what the matchup is or not, I don't claim to know, nor do I think I know enough to actually know) than Pikachu seems to beat Fox is really silly.

It's a bad matchup probably, but hardly something that should keep Fox down if it doesn't actually do that in the real world.
Yeah this is all I was saying.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure pika has a winning record over fox. Anther used to beat up on zeton and at some point TKD lost to terrys pika.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Lol nah dog, I just don't think it's worth mentioning because it's was a while back...and idk if he would be cool with me mentioning it.

So without naming any names, I have a positive record against Pika including tourney matches and the Pika used to be PR'd in my state.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lol nah dog, I just don't think it's worth mentioning because it's was a while back...and idk if he would be cool with me mentioning it.

So without naming any names, I have a positive record against Pika including tourney matches and the Pika used to be PR'd in my state.
No. I don't think he'd be cool with you saying it either. Especially since it's old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom