• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Just go with whichever character's playstyle feels the most comfortable
This is what I went for when choosing Yoshi. I just like how he plays compared to the rest of the cast.

When I picked him up back in summer '08, he was like 6th or 5th worst. He's improved a lot since then.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
MKs uptilt and upsmash are horrid, lol. You might as well be talking about the benefits of ikes fsmash. A move can be amazing in all regards but if its startup and endlag are long the move is limited to hard reads.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Not even Nado > Utilt which, when tippered, almost has the power of Snake's Utilt and also hits very consistently when the opponent tries to land on MK with an attack?

It's also frame 7 on execution; one frame slower than Snake's Utilt.

Sounds like an anti-air to me...

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
at least MKs actually use utilt.

I doubt we'll be seeing top MKs use usmash anytime soon save for technical mishaps.

Chuee

Smash Hero
at least MKs actually use utilt.

I doubt we'll be seeing top MKs use usmash anytime soon save for technical mishaps.
MKs rarely use utilt.
There's honestly almost no reason to use it when Uair is 10x better.

The people who make these tier lists are ********. It's a joke. Marth is overrated, and Wario/ICs/Olimar are amazingly underrated.
Damn, the callout.
You gonna take that BBR?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jason doesn't camp.

Gnes vs him was cause he had a cold and had to use one hand and was cautious.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... step your grapevine game up mah man.
MKs uptilt and upsmash are horrid, lol. You might as well be talking about the benefits of ikes fsmash. A move can be amazing in all regards but if its startup and endlag are long the move is limited to hard reads.

ikes f smash lets you beat top players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUnLOF-iDg#t=10m50s
needs more sonic
:bee:
No trolling on my part, sir.
Its funny because i was this close to asking you who still even played wario. lol

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
marth is underrated because no pro (except MikeHAZE) use him.
Check Europe and you can see a Marth ****** MK (Well.. Kaos isn't god like m2k)
And Marth can get out of tornado with dolphin ... that doesn't help?
wario can do that? (without a wheel)

just saying.. nobody believe in a mexican smasher :troll: (really)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I don't think Marth vs MK is that bad. MKs favor, but only like 40-45/60-55 as long as Marth camps hard enough. But the matchup against MK isn't what makes Marth viable it's that he has good matchups against everyone besides MK (Wario/Falco/Pikachu/Snake) and imo has an even matchup with Diddy, just nobody in the US seems to be good at it.

edit:
But europe certainly isn't a testament of that. They have great players but they don't camp hard enough...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol dat logic.

If Marth's aren't successful vs MKs in the US and are defensive, and the marth's in Europe are successful vs MK and are aggressive, how does the accepted strategy become "camp hard?"

This logic baffles me.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Europes only good MK is Kaos. And Mike does well against MKs occasionally. Imo the MKs he does well against are around the same skill level he is or better, so in reality, the matchup isn't terrible, a lot of the times he loses he's just getting outplayed. For example, Mike loses to Havok's MK sometimes, but Havok has also beaten Mike with Snake.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Judging by how much marth experience the MKs over there get, I am inclined to believe they are probably better than most MKs here at the match-up.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Europes only good MK is Kaos. And Mike does well against MKs occasionally. Imo the MKs he does well against are around the same skill level he is or better, so in reality, the matchup isn't terrible, a lot of the times he loses he's just getting outplayed. For example, Mike loses to Havok's MK sometimes, but Havok has also beaten Mike with Snake.
Europe has other MKs like Staco and Orion that place well.
Also when did Havok beat Mike with snake ._.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
mikehaze believes marth is much worse than wario too btw and that warios 2nd or 3rd in the game. Wario is most certainly better than marth is. Reflex your style is good in teams but not singles imo. i dont really care what you people think of what i say that much but im gonna still say what i believe

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you really think wario is in that snake/falco/diddy conversation?

Why? I dont really see the evidence to say that hes that good, but I havent seen a good wario in a good while. the last wario i saw was losing to boss's mario

Steam

Smash Hero
you really think wario is in that snake/falco/diddy conversation?

Why? I dont really see the evidence to say that hes that good, but I havent seen a good wario in a good while. the last wario i saw was losing to boss's mario
Wario ALWAYS has to lose to mario. it's canon

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mike still thinks wario da bess?

Are you sure you aren't referring to Mike's really really old opinion where he thought dedede and wario were better than marf?

Iono, honestly haven't asked his opinion on the game in a while. He doesn't care enough to have one IIRC. HE USES MARF, HE WINS, GET *****. (replace Marf with nickname versions of every character not named MK or Diddy Kong and you're legit)

Ally USES F-U-TILT, HE WINS, GET *****

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wario isn't underrated and only minimally overrated. If he's 5th on the current tier list then he's only 1 or 2 spots too high. ICs and Olimar are both too low though and should probably be 5th / 6th.
Marth is 2 or 3 spots too high. All the above mentioned characters are better than him.

And saying that MKs in Europe are getting ***** by Marth is far from true. Since somebody brought up Kaos I'd like to add that out of the ~10 tournament sets he played vs Mr-R he's lost only 2 and I'm pretty sure he has a positive record against Leon's Marth as well. He's the only MK in Europe that's in their league in terms of skill but I have a feeling Staco is getting there soon.

:059:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
kaos has a positive record against me but its defintely not 2-10 lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflex your style is good in teams but not singles imo.
Yeah, because my style up to this point has been, "don't use Meta Knight," and my teammate can pick up the slack. :p

On a more serious note, my "style" is worse in Singles because Wario can't reliably deal damage to Meta Knight without help from another source. Either he tricks Meta Knight with a tire (but it's hard to pull tires out against Meta Knight in 1v1) or his partner is able to force situations where Wario can deal good damage. That's all.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
If you play ~10 sets and lose 2, its 8-2, not 10-2. Just thought you'd know, for, you know, not looking like the dumbest allochtoon ever.
oh my bad, misread that LOL but still iirc its 2-3 which is not even close to 2-8
also who the **** are u :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom