• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official BBR Tier List v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yeah, I always hate how people say "I need to see the tier list so I can know which characters I should use"

Just go with whichever character's playstyle feels the most comfortable
Or, to a lesser extent, pick whichever character you like the most/you think looks coolest and force yourself to learn them

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK's Utilt and Usmash are godlike moves. Imagine if Falco or Diddy Kong had a move like that. MK is just literally so good he doesn't need to use them. He can just SHuair, Nair or torando landings anyway (which are option select in most situations). It just means he has EVEN MORE specific options for every character. You don't need Utilt in every matchup but characters that have decent options against the other moves get ***** by it...

Laem

Smash Champion
I disagree actually. MK's utilt and usmash aren't good at all. falco and diddy have better utilts imo (esp diddy). Same for usmash (well, diddys usmash isnt really used either)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I disagree actually. MK's utilt and usmash aren't good at all. falco and diddy have better utilts imo (esp diddy). Same for usmash (well, diddys usmash isnt really used either)
LOL. How are MKs Utilt and Usmash not good at all? MKs Utilt beats GaW's key and Dedede's Dair (trades at least) and literally every other dair in the game). Now, MK is a character that practically already forces any character above him without a jump to airdodge to the ground, but many people get away with things like fastfall bair (as snake etc). Utilt and Usmash beat every single move of that nature.

Diddy and Falco have good Utilts, but MKs has more power, more range, and more disjoint. MKs utilt and Usmash only get no credit because he has so many other ridiculously good options...
MK's moves fit on him best because it matches his character ability, it would be horrible on Falco.
Matches the characters ability? The ability to outrange every move in the game from an position? YOU'RE RIGHT.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Since were on the topic halzy, would you mind explaining to me how MKs up smash is NOT garbage? Cus im with you on the up tilt point, but his up smash seems like one of only like 2 'not good' moves that he has.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oreo (Excel) likes this.

Yeah, I always hate how people say "I need to see the tier list so I can know which characters I should use"

Just go with whichever character's playstyle feels the most comfortable
Or, to a lesser extent, pick whichever character you like the most/you think looks coolest and force yourself to learn them
This. I hit roadblock after roadblock when I mained Fox. I felt like I was running out of options in almost every match-up. When I made the switch to Sonic, I did much better, despite his limitations.

MK's Utilt and Usmash are godlike moves. Imagine if Falco or Diddy Kong had a move like that. MK is just literally so good he doesn't need to use them. He can just SHuair, Nair or torando landings anyway (which are option select in most situations). It just means he has EVEN MORE specific options for every character. You don't need Utilt in every matchup but characters that have decent options against the other moves get ***** by it...
^This.

Always the Wolf mains...
Dude, his Utilt is frickin nasty. It combos into itself, it has stupid good range and if sweetspotted, it can kill at a fairly decent percent. On top of all that, it's on METAKNIGHT.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Since were on the topic halzy, would you mind explaining to me how MKs up smash is NOT garbage? Cus im with you on the up tilt point, but his up smash seems like one of only like 2 'not good' moves that he has.
Covers a great deal of area, hits multiple times, can be done while running for a sliding effect. It's good in a "Diddy U-Smash" kind of way, except that it has excellent range.

For characters that have ways to avoid juggling (with good mobility, B-Reverses, or weak vertical stalling), it's very reliable.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but its maybe the most easily DIable move in the game aside from pikas down smash and falcos CG spike... and it does piss damage.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
but its maybe the most easily DIable move in the game aside from pikas down smash and falcos CG spike... and it does piss damage.
SDI'ing in advance is riskier to do when you already have to fear Shuttle Loop, U-Tilt, N-Air, and D-Smash when you land, since you don't want to DI any of those moves incorrectly. It's not something you want to do all the time, but, when used sparingly, it tends to give good results.

As for its weak damage, virtually all of Meta Knight's move do mediocre damage.

OverLade

Smash Hero
For reasons Reflex explained. The move is literally Diddy's Usmash that kills faster and has more range. It actually has a really stupid horizontal hitbox as well, you should see the way that Level 9s use rofl.

Luigi player

Smash Master
MKs Usmash is okay. He's actually a bit underrated. CPUs always get me with that move D: catches landings so easy and it even KOs.... but it has so much ending lag lol (which makes it "bad"). Diddy can start the single naner lock if he shields it near MK. :x

OverLade

Smash Hero
MKs Usmash is okay. He's actually a bit underrated. CPUs always get me with that move D: catches landings so easy and it even KOs.... but it has so much ending lag lol (which makes it "bad"). Diddy can start the single naner lock if he shields it near MK. :x
It's not any harder to punish than Falcos Usmash. Keep in mind, relative to Metaknight, it's very punisheable but compared to the UpSmash of Fox or Yoshi or any other character with a good Usmash, it's the same amount of punisheability really. That just means you have to be careful when you're using it (mostly to catch landings).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Am i the only one who realizes all of that should just be common sense.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, i'm here because I think tiers are the only thing that matter.

I don't even have to say that sarcastically for it to come out as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom