• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I watched most of the Japanese interview and it was pretty **** awesome. I also watched many of the Brawl matches and a lot people were like.. Why are you on the brawl side? lol. In my head I thought, well.. I like meeting new people so I guess I should talk to as many people as possible.. The game smash brings in so many different people it's definitely awesome and magical with the things that happen. Brawl or Melee, I really don't care. You should just do what you love and pursue a suitable goal for you.

I wanted to say something more for the fans out there for me or for other people when I got interviewed I forgot to say.. you should do what you love and you should do things that fulfill you no matter how hard it is. Also shoutout to Alex Strife and all the people that organized this tournament. Thank you so much, it was a blast.. I loved it.. words cannot express a feeling of that calibur. =P Thank you!

Also, all this tournament really made me want to play Brawl.. so I will pick up Brawl once again and become a super warrior for both games, if M2k can do it then why not anyone else right? =P I will main Marth all the way non-stop. Also thanks so much Pierce for the Brawl tutorial/training with Marth it was really helpful and gave me a good base to start with.

So ya pretty much shout-out to everyone at Apex, good **** for coming, and F U those who beat me haha. =P I guess I'll get more specific a bit later today.

a nub

Smash Ace
I'm mad I could only go for saturday but it was still a pretty beast tourney. Shoutouts to:

alex, vg bootcamp, plank, and everyone else who helped run this **** tourney. Special thanks to alex for holding onto my gcn, apex was so good I forgot I even brought it lulz

d1, twins, and dogy for the amazing commentary and making the livestream fun

Everyone I played in pools, ggs. Almost took 1st game off unknown...'s pichu but then I sd'd :(

zhu, smashmac, chinesah, mango, alu, g$, yedi, stab, and whoever else I played friendlies with. I think I'm missing a few more people but the day 3 stream was so **** I can't remember everything lol

jcaesar and the project m dev team for their hard work. I'm really excited about trying the finished version.

jinjo for helping with my gcn situation and giving me a ride back to the station, my *** would've been stranded w/out your help.

prog, we're gonna play...eventually lol. Didn't see you after you went to eat. If by some miracle no johns gets moved to this week then it just might finally happen.

shiz I'm mad you got called for pools/the falco tourney (forgot which) right before we could play :(
You going to rom 3?

Special shoutout to mango, jman, m2k, and lucky for taking your shirts off during gfs lol, no homo

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Do you want the characters for the doubles results? And are you going to put up the final amount of entrants into the results as well? Like top 64 out of 240 entrants or whatever?

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
brood anti vex and me in 1 pool was pretty stupid also, idc cause tbh i made enough money off MMs lol

U.S.A + Japan smashers are cool as hell, good **** to mostly everyone not being f4gs irl

ill do shoutouts when i get back from my vacation but i just wanna say UMAD + AIB CREW+ Shugo,Larry,Diem,Shadow i love the most

idk who was responsible for seeding but that **** was horrible man, too many people got ****ed over and too many people got a free ride to bracket...awesome tourney though <3

edit; EVERYONE POST THE PICS WE TOOK WITH THE JAPANESE AT THE END THAT **** WAS MAD FUNNY LOL

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
shoutouts.....

pierce: thanks for everything and helping us with setups, appreciated...
atomsk: good job with the placing and beating me and holy.... we wil be back soon...
nairo: booty result but gj winning brawl-No-Skills.
M2K: ughhh i give up...
Brood: (even tho you wont see this) Good job beating both top of NA players... only ADHD has done itbefore...
Rain: Your falco is very inspiring... thanks for the friendlies +tourney set... hope you had good moments....
Earth: you ready well and know how to use your character.... good shiz...
others japanese: didnt play u guys sadly...
Larry:.... good **** winning...
CO18: sorry for everything, never again I`ll do something out of own gain...
Razer: you didnt get top 10 once again....
Gnes: San... and you did not play M2K again...
Holy: Thanks for teaming, you did awesome and beat so many top players in MMS like Lain, PS, etc. proud of you
Swordgard: you suck, losing to Inui isnt a bad thing but I am highly disappointing in you...
Starlight: Need more cold cups freezing you? heh... heh...
Patg: thanks for letting us stay...
Boss: till Raleigh if you go.... and have what you owe me please...
kingkong: no worries u did amazing.
Freemartin: **** i wish I had played you before M2K AHHHH........ good job beating Rain though...
Anti: got lucky... on first game sorry man... bracket sucked ***.
Shadow: dont worry.. you did well, minor errors that can be fixed..
San: keep ****** San....

Myself: my days are gone... not 2nd best player anymore.... until I prove it again....

Jonathan: I am glad your tournament ended up like ive been telling you. You will never fail at these and the hype will never die from yours.... good job... I enjoyed it still....
Cristin: Good job too, your hardwork can be rewarded with lots of sleep....
Lobos: Fun how you brought your wife and your child... hope to have the same in a close future...
Anybody else.... ggs and be safe...

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Apex Shoutouts

I guess i'll start with the lucarios.

You guys are the main reason I came to this and I miss all of you already. I seriously need to come and visit all of you again some time(Apex 2011?).

Zucco- You are a cool guy but I still don't believe that you're 18 but whatever. Kind of wish I could have had a money match with you but I forgot to ask, not like you would have done the ditto though <.<. You're lucario is still pretty **** though.

Zao- You act exactly the same offline as you do online and it's awesome. You are so fun and you were rockin' that pink hat and sunglasses. Remind me to beat you death with your own controller later for getting the last Lucario sticker you lucky s.o.b. XD

Junebug- I didn't really talk to you at all and am a little bummed about it. Actually i'm not sure if i even said hi :/. Anyway you have a great Lucario and seem like a cool guy.

Lee Martin- First of all, good ****, taking 4th at ****ing Apex and having that amazing match against rain with your Lucario :D. You're another one that I didn't really get to talk to you though so there's only on thing I can really say... I like your hair :3

Ksizzle- I really regret not talking to you until like the last day and even then i only got to say hi :<

Trela- Your Lucario is so fun to watch and I wanted to thank you for showing me and Zucco that grab release to fsmash on Wario(get ***** Wario). Our money match was fun... yeah that's right, I like luc dittos get at me :p. Thanks for letting me "borrow" your hat for like 10 seconds too.

iRJi- Before i met you I thought you were like some super serious, no fun guy (sorry :<) but you are very fun and I don't think there was one time I saw you that you weren't smiling :3. Our money match was fun and I can't wait until it's uploaded.

Shippo- "SHIPPO, SHIPPO, SHIPPO, SHIPPO, SHIPPO". I was kind of expecting to be hanging out with you all weekend but we barely talked :/

Alus- Oh my god man it was so awesome finally meeting you afte-... Wait a minute, I didn't meet you because you didn't go :<, I was looking forward to the family reunion but you had your reasons for not going so I can't really stay mad at you <3 (even though i couldn't stay mad even if you didn't have a reason for not going). You better be at Apex 2011 or I will drive out to Ohio and **** you or something.

Cloudfox- You don't main Lucario but you practically live in the irc so as far as I'm concerned you're still a brocario :3 it was great meeting you and what you did to that Olimar on frigate was so funny. Stay chill man.

FlameWaveK- I don't really know where to start with you. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't get to do stuff with both you and Alus(who is probably going to feel bad after reading this, stop feeling bad ***** :mad: ) :p. I hope your dad didn't get too mad about you getting back to the hotel so late and I still think you should have just stayed with me that night so i had a teddy to squeeze while I slept on the cold hard floor. I will definitely have to fly my lazy *** out to California to see you again and maybe you can help me with my Luc while I'm there

<3 you guys.

and now for the family of room 238 (I'm probably going to forget most of you :x)

Nosboss- If it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't have been able to go to Apex. Thankies <3

Will- You're a great guy with a **** DK and thanks for driving me and Flamey back to the hotel.

Hippiedude- Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye but you were sleeping when I left and I would have felt bad for waking you. Cool kid though. You got trapped so hard :p

Random people I played

San- Your Ike was **** and even though I lost horribly I still achieved my goal for the match, to not get fsmashed.

Guard- Those sets were a lot of fun and I kind of wish I would have ran into you sooner, you seem like a cool guy.

Earth- Your Pit and Shiek were amazing and if I could have understood you I'm sure you would have been fun to talk to. Awesome hug btw.

Peachkid- It was awesome meeting the creator of Llamacario, should have gotten an autograph :x Even though I got completely destroyed I had fun fighting your Peach and now I know that she can apparently do stuff.

Vermanubis- You are ****ing awesome and are the definition of Ganondorf main. I hear Brood says you're the best Ganon in the world :p

and now for the rest

Inui- Great hug man.

Mew2King- That was the most awkward hug I have ever gotten.

Crismas- Loved the stickers, too bad you ran out of Lucario though :<

Lobos' daughter- I lol'd at her wandering around the venue.

The Japanese- You guys are too good.

Tourney staff- <3

Sorry if I forgot anybody.

Kel

Smash Master
I'm against complaining about the bracket because there was so much talent. In addition, the bracket only decides who you play, not who you beat. tournaments are designed to find the number 1 player, not properly place 12th, 15th, or 33rd. Step your game up if you have a problem. I had a first seed in both pools and had boss first round. It happens.

However, it felt like pools were a waste of time somewhat, and that MLG style bracket is just as effective. With how many upsets/ early high-level matches there were, we might as well had done it MLG style and saved us a day's worth of time. Either that or eliminate with a THIRD POOL down to top 32. The way FCs were run had top 4 make it out of three rounds of pools into a top 32 bracket. This seems highly effective.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, it's just a passing suggestion. I told Alex Strife this in person too. I had a great time. <3

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
if the entire smash community was like kage, we would live in a better world.

@ ally, stop beating yourself up, dawg. you have accomplished things in this game only a few can claim. You said you don't practice anymore... well... start practicing lol.

Contrary to popular belief, brawl takes skill and requires training.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Alex - Awesome tournament, one of the best i've ever been to. I'll come to every tournament you do schedule permitting

Kage&Nando - Rainbow cruise FTW! Glad to hear you now hate that stage. We did our jobs right. ^.^

ChivelRuse - Had a ton of fun playing your IC's on sunday. Hope to see you around the big tournaments. We have to play many more. :D

Prog - Thanks for the compliments on my falcon. I've been working hard to make him good, and im glad to have people finally notice.

Sneak - Really lame what happened to us with pools, but you are ridiculously fun to play against. I hope to see you next tournament. Only i'll see you in bracket!

Toasty - You are one of the coolest guys i've met. So chill and really nice. i like your ness, even though you didn't play him much. Work on that sheik marth matchup so i can work on my sheik marth matchup!

Axe - Next time please use lube. My *** still hurts from pools.

Taj - Rainbow cruise is a legit stage. I love your mewtwo, it was really hard to approach and it destroyed my falcon the other two matches. Next time i'll be ready. ; )

Twin A - Never did get to play you, but i'll catch you at another tournament. Hope your hand is ok.

Emma Watson's Boyfriend - YOU'RE A LOSER FOR NOT TELLING ANYONE YOUR LEAVING PA! seriously, broke my heart. : (

Cactuar - Good to see you again. its always fun to play you, and i love your style. Hope you had an awesome birthday

Vro - Thanks for the falcon tips. They helped a lot. I'll try my hardest to make it to chicago for your tournament.

Thumbs - Falcon dittos are the way to go. I wanted to play you at pound 4, but never did. im glad i got the chance to play you.

YEAH! - I wish i had the chance to get trained by axe. How you see the game is really awesome. I know you'll be really good one day. See you around.

Lucky - Your fox is so cool. I can't wait for the chance to play you again in a tournament.

Swift - Always good seeing you. Pittsburgh is always rooting for ya!

If i missed anyone im sorry. There were just so many people and so much going on this weekend that it is really hard to remember everyone. Again, awesome tournament. These are always a blast.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Agreed with Mongoose. People give Brawl **** a lot, but I think it and Melee work on different levels.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
whoever that kid yelling disrespect float in the m2k vs armada set was needs to die, i was right beside that guy and was getting soo heated..and this is coming from a brawl player like **** WTF

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
So on the way back home, our last plane was taking off when it came to a screaching hault and parked back at a terminal. Turns out the hydrolic error light came on and there was a serious issue! We were inches from being in the air and screwed lol. Instead we just had to camp out in Dallas till 3 in the morning and go into work at 8. Needless to say I'm tired but I will try to do as many shout outs as I can.

First and foremost, thanks to Alex Strife, VG Bootcamp, and everyone else that made this happen. It was an amazing tourney and my brother and I had a great time. Hopefully we'll be seeing you at future events :D

Taj: Thank you for being such an amazing friend. Sorry about the plane ticket incident at the end. Keep ****** with your Mewtwo!

Axe: Bro you are one of my best friends and an inspiration to all of us. What you did at this tournament has set you at legendary status. Beating shiz, jman, and almost armada, just wow. And what your falco pulled off in that round robin was insane! Good stuff.

Kiraflax: Great job making a positive name for yourself as a skilled player/up and comer. Keep improving :D

Yeah!/Joey: Ah you're so good!!! It was great finally getting to play you and chill. Can't wait till next time.

Wobbles: The fact that people played you in friendlies and were raving about your skill was great. but then seeing those people turn around and start booing you because you wobbles shiz/PP was disgusting. Too many people jumped on that bandwagon and should be ashamed of themselves. You are a skilled player and hands down the best ice climbers main. It was great getting to room with you again and keep making us laugh smash comedian.

Smashmac: Barry it was great getting to meet you and cheer on your doc. Can't wait until next time :D

DaShizWiz: You are hands down one of the nicest smashers I've ever met. It was great getting to chill with you again. And your random faces were great. Hopefully next time I beat you in a money match it will be because I beat you and not because I just prevented the JV 5/4 stock/Jv 4 :p

Hungrybox: Congrats on the win! Keep winning bro. And as I told you during your M2K match, when everyone else is booing, I'll still be cheering you on bro :D

Prog: It was great getting to meet you and commentate with you. And thanks again for offering Kage, twin1, and myself a ride because of all the shifty people at the 7 eleven that night. It actually meant a lot to me. Until next time :D

D1: Mah Dooood! It was a pleasure as always. Thanks for telling us the history behind DIP and how it's usage is now way off from the original meaning, yet it's still funny :p (Dip means to get out for those who don't know by now XP). Keep it up bro!

DogySammich: Dogy you have been my favorite commentator for a while now. getting to sit and commentate with you was like a dream come true :D

Swiftbass: It caught me off guard how nice you were and how amazing a teammate you made for commentary. Thanks again :D

Anyone else who I commentated with: It was a blast and hopefully we get to do it again :D

Diakonos: your marth was so amazing! And you were great to just hang out with and share a laugh with too! Hopefully we get to play again. Keep it up Diagnose!

Kage: It was a pleasure as always. you trully are a warrior :D

I.B.: Learn the sheik matchup! A scrub like me shouldn't be taking games off of you :p Haha you have now the second greatest reaction to our magic tricks and believe me that pic will be posted. I'm glad you enjoyed them and I can't wait to play you again!

Riddlebox: Thanks for being so chill and thanks for the random KirbyKaze phone call surprise. That made my day haha.

Raynex: We didn't get to play! But as always your were awesome and your fox is too good!

Afrochris: You were way cool. Hope you enjoyed the magic :D

Unknown522: Enjoy the origami chocobo bro. It was awesome finally meeting the man behind that beast fox :D

Blunted Object10: Dude you are soooo good!

MacD: Your peach is soooo amazing haha. It was great hanging out with you buddy.

DrPP: Git um, PeyPey! You were too chill bro. Just don't beat yourself up over every mistake!!! Next time I'll get you down to one stock :D

Everlasting YEAHYUHUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!: Your fox is beat and your **** talking is second to none haha. "Wait I just realized this is Axe vs a BluntedObject! How ****ing ironic is that!? Don't worry Axe, his play style just can't CUT it! Maybe if he was a little SHARPER!" hahahahahahaha.

DoH: Too fabulous bro :D Next time I'll fold you that prigami peach tiara :p

Mango: funny as always :D Just don't slam a half bottle of jack and wake up drunk again :p you ***** those last money matches though.

Lucky: Getting to play you was awesome! Too good bro.

Milktea: No ERS = sad day. Next time kid

Alukard: At first I thought you hated me for some reason. but at the end of the tourney you were giving my bro and I such great advice. Thanks for the teams matches and for being so chill. Until next time :D

Zhu: Fun times. You are surprisingly funny haha. We need to play next time.

G$: "Don't get 4 stocked by Armada twin!" "Don't get 4 stocked by Armada G!!!" haha great times bro. Thanks again for the teams help.

Vermanubis: you are so dang strong and so cool to hang out with! Next time we'll have to chill more. And I want an arm wrestling rematch for when I don't have a sprained wrist :p No johns son. You are too good.

Eggm: Thanks for the words of encouragement :D your fox is too good.

Eggz: you and SW were so cool to talk with lol. And your team was so amazing!

Silent Wolf: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (this is a silent response saying see above :p)

Plank: Good **** bro.

PB&J: Fun teams matches :D Watching you and my bro take some games off of G$ and Alukard was great!

Everyone in my teams and singles pools: Fun matches! next time :D

NikeNick: Dude your magic was great! I will start practicing and performing that trick you showed me! Hopefully you learned some from twin1 and myself as well. next time we'll sit down and really perform together. Too good.

Armada: Arrrrmada! Your Peach/Sheik/Fox/everything is soooo amazing! Next time bro.

Aniolas: It was great seeing you again! Next time we have to spar haha.

Smasher: We didn't talk much but good stuff :D

AJP: Same, cool as always.

Doom: Ah Doom I ****ing love you bro! It was great as always. Keep it up and hopefully I'll be seeing you again soon. Way to sport the suit all weekend and be so ****!

Brawlers I spoke with (Logic, anyone who armwrestled, SK, etc): Fun times. You guys are pretty chill :D

That 14 or 15 year old bralwer who thought it would be funny to run up and shake around my wrapped up/clearly injured hand and wrist: If I see you again I'm going to knock you out. Till then, peace :D

Katwoman/Aleesa (spelling?): Hey I hope everything worked out for you in the end. It was great talking to you and stay strong :D

StabbedbyaNipple: Too good bro. It's a shame you had to leave before you could compete in brackets.

To anyone else that I may have missed: No harm or hard feelings intended. I'm going to go finally pass out and get about 15 good hours of sleep. Much love. It was a lot of fun.

To anyone who enjoyed mine and my bros commentary: Thanks for all the support. We will try to improve even more and entertain all the more next time :D

To anyone who thought we sucked: Eat a ****! Lol our bad for not meeting your expectations, maybe next time right? :D

To anyone who johned about losing: I played this entire weekend with a fractured wrist and messed up hand. yet not once did I say I lost because of it. If I lost, it was because I was outplayed. Making up excuses will only make things worse for you in the end. Just man up, smile, and try your best next time :D

And finally, to twin1: learn how to be a better twin! I mean you are so annoying and your jiggs and falco suck more than a hooker on a busy night!

lol much love to everyone :p

See you guys soon.

EDIT:
Just realized I forgot the rest of my NC brethren.

Mongoose: it was great meeting you bro! Too cool.

Maria: you are sweet and pretty funny. It was a pleasure :D

Snap: Oh snap! Your gauges were so cool! Smash for life!

Kadaj: Didn't talk much but great marth to watch :D

Matt: Nice talkin to you bro.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
@ ally, what happened to wario? didn't you play him and **** with him?

lol at maria with the pp tag.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I still don't think people realize that if they didn't get first seed in round 1 of pools that they were 100% going to have to face two pro first seeds in their r2 pool...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
if the entire smash community was like kage, we would live in a better world.

@ ally, stop beating yourself up, dawg. you have accomplished things in this game only a few can claim. You said you don't practice anymore... well... start practicing lol.

Contrary to popular belief, brawl takes skill and requires training.
My my, why thank you. And I definitely agree with you, anything takes A LOT of practice, Talent or not. I mean does anyone honestly expect anyone can be the best in the world without much training? Even a genius needs crazy training.

Nakamaru, I don't mind Rainbow Cruise but you definitely gave us doubt about that stage during sets inside the tournament. haha. =)

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
My my, why thank you. And I definitely agree with you, anything takes A LOT of practice, Talent or not. I mean does anyone honestly expect anyone can be the best in the world without much training? Even a genius needs crazy training.

Nakamaru, I don't mind Rainbow Cruise but you definitely gave us doubt about that stage during sets inside the tournament. haha. =)
Kage is legit for deciding on playing Brawl.

Also, good stuff Chibo on beating Brood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom