• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
OH...WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW....I dont even know what to say about that stingers

except

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THAT BEFORE!!!! I coulda worked my NC swag on her...lololol

NC swag doesnt work in MD btw

Edit: smash inflation is a joke to me..like about looks

but if you were trying rate somebody as a whole...the fact that you to can play smash together is kind of a plus unless you are THAT much of a competitive ******* that if you were to ever lose to her you would ragequit the game and the relationship...lol

rauleen is cute without smash inflation anyway good sir...you have nothing to worry about...lol

Yeah yeah I know it's a joke for the most part, some people take it too seriously though lol.

And I wasn't worried ;).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dang... I like how she posts specifically to correct the issue of her race, but says absolutely nothing to counter the claims of her being a girl that gets around.

lmao!

Shift

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was so legit. Missed it though but I'll go to the next one and pound. And wow @ this "female inflation" talk.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Shoutouts!

Melee:

Kurt: Yo since like yesterday night you got much better! I noticed now that you actually gimp me with bair when I recover, HOLY ****. lol. Now I must be wary of that. Getting consistent man, and uh SHIELD BREAKER. ;P

Bobby: Dude, pulp fiction, that is all. Nah, good **** playing armada in your pools. I wanted to play him cuz he's like, super far away but oh well. Also, jon is right, your shiek takes away %10 of my brain cells everytime I play her, but not your other chars. Gah shiek. I'm going to practice chain grabs and.... Nothing else I guess. Just l canceling or upbcancel. lol.

Matt: MATT good **** man. Like, I forget who you had in pools, but I'm sure you did well. Ok, sure you sand bagged me, that's fine. I'm not worried, I still have much practice to go. ;p Good **** beating MacD. oh and KAGEEEEEEE. Yeah, you all know.

Vorosh: Lol starcraft. I think I'd have more fun getting good at a FPS game than a RTS, sadly. But meh. You say you will quit, and I respect that. You should STILL play us all though in melee, because you are good. I'm trash though.

Aicila: YAY you did fine hun. I had Dogy Samich try to help you with falco, and i'll try to simply what he said to you in smaller increments lol. Just lasers, shining, and... something else. oh L CANCEL. haha. ALso good job playing M2k without knowing it haha, that is great. :]

Dave: Man, you were here with us in spirit. Hope to play with you soon, meh I'll just walk to your house lol.

Rin and Kasumi: You guys were here with us in spirit, I know you guys were busy and such, but meh. It was a great experience though.

Howard Johnson hotel: I HATE YOU FOR HAVING SO MANY FRICKIN SPIDERS GAH

========================================
POOLS
Wobbles: Man, it was super fun playing you in friendlies. I then played you in tournament and got FUCCCKKEED lol. I know you must be a little dissapointed with your placing right now, but here's something to think about: What would you need to perfect to be at that same ranking, but without wobbling?

Tag: I played you before in friendlies or something... (lol I don't think I had you in pools for spoc i hope xD) so I knew I'd insta-lose to you. But I still tried my hardest I'm here to lose automatically. : D

Idea: Good **** with your jiggs man. I almost beat you first match or something... but meh. xD I would like to play you again, I need to work on the jiggs match up. It's fun to camp against jiggs.

Snap: Yo your marth is good. It was fun playing with you in random teams, and just to let you know I'm even worse if I'm NOT doc. I can't play anyone but doc, so i'm cursed. w/e I'll practice DOC 4eva idc.

Snap's friend (sorry didn't remember your tag): Nice uh... Falco? God I don't even remember what your character was. Man my memory is bad. lol. But you did great against me too, ****.

Diesel: Nice playing you man, good ganon. I'm not so good with the Ganon matchup, I still need to work on it. bleh lol.
===============================================

Tempest: Hey man, it was fun playing you with my Diddy kong, and then in melee. I did feel better playing melee, but in brawl I just feel like I haven't practiced at all and can't really be good at it... oh well. Thanks for telling me how to glide toss haha.

Silver: Hey man it was really fun playing you in melee and brawl haha. Gah your yoshi lol. xD I'm not that good at brawl, meh. : D SUP

Guy with red shirt that I played brawl with: Sorry I forgot your name dude. WHERE WAS YOUR NAME TAG GAH. SO, Ganon, Ike, and Diddy dittos were totally fun. Yeah son I don't even main Ike but I'd probably use him more than marth haha. That uptilt is so hilarious I would love to kill with it. *uptitls YEAH I"M A IDIOT HAHA*

Dogy Samich: Yeah, we (kurt, bobby, matt, jon, aici) all decided to name you Dogy Samwich. Yeah. Anyways, thanks for playing me man, it was really fun, and thanks for helping out my girl friend as well, I'll try to help her with what you said

Smashmac: Man I meant to play you but I didn't find the time xD Hopefully in some other big tourny I'll play you. If I go to it that is.

Mango: Yeah I"m the guy who said "Hey are you mango? Kool can I play you cuz I need mario advice" and you said "k" and I just never got around to it. Also I like bananas more.

Syren: Sorry I didn't mean to call you armada it's snap's fault for telling me that it was some guy with long hair so I just... gah. haha. Oopps. I would still have played you but I was sure that you might not wanted to have played me or something lol. I'm not one to cause dislikes. or something.

PC Chris: Yeah my friends were gonna play you so I was like FINE I"LL PLAY HIM TOO and didn't get to play you so now I'm : [. Yeah. : [ (I'm the guy who was like "Who are you" and then looked at your id thing)

Sharky: Hey man I didn't get to meet you sorry xD I had my PSO with me in my bag and everything. I actually went to play just a little brawl and heard your name being called, but still. I was in the melee area the whole time tho. My phone is MESSED up I can't send messages (without knowing what they say) so yeah : [

Hungrybox: Yeah I saw you and wanted to play ya but didn't get to oh wellz. xP

Maninmypants: Yeah I think that was your name... Anyways you were a marth player (meaning me recalling you so you know that I know who you are). Good **** playing you in friendlies. : D

The Fear: Hey it was GREAT playing you I think that was the hardest I ever tried ever. I was the doc. It was fun playing your jiggs haha.

Greg team: (pichu and roy) It was fun playing you guys!

Axe: Good **** being a awesome pickachu. : D

ICG: WHERE THE **** WERE YOU U WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE

Laijin: Yo Laijin! It was fun playing you (sadly it was only one match, but still better one than none I say!) I remember playing your young link at Wato five on this small *** tv lol. But yeah, nice shiek. : D

Kage: It was fun playing your OMG WTF OUCH ganon. Yes, very hurtfull. I couldn't do ****. and I don't know much about ganon. : [

Solar: Yo, it was fun playing you in money matches, and we ACTUALLY got to play since not playing in no johns lol. good thing I found those quarters! I'm glad we had a full set too, more exp lol. Hope to play you again dude, I love the peach match up. : D

*editing as soon as I remember another person I played/met from APEX (YES, I will put you ALL in here, no one liners <3)* ;3

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you Eggm, Unknown, Vanz, and Darc for taking 10$ from me each in MM's and causing me to have to play over 30 MM's to finally break even. What a burden that was XD

fun tournament that actually had enough set ups XD

Vanz - sorry for callin you campy... just frustrated with my inability to play the **** game

ahhhhhh gotta go get another controller, so I can start breaking it in

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Spanish girls I love...Dominican Girls I love..Best of both worlds.

Too bad I'm not drooling over **** llike a dog on heat. Then i'd probably being going ham like the rest of the smash community roflzz.

In other news.

Room 406 was where it was at mos def.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Spanish girls I love...Dominican Girls I love..Best of both worlds.

Too bad I'm not drooling over **** llike a dog on heat. Then i'd probably being going ham like the rest of the smash community roflzz.

In other news.

Room 406 was where it was at mos def.
SAMMI :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

but you aint droolin...lmao

inb4mentionofreset...justsayin

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thank you Eggm, Unknown, Vanz, and Darc for taking 10$ from me each in MM's and causing me to have to play over 30 MM's to finally break even. What a burden that was XD

fun tournament that actually had enough set ups XD

Vanz - sorry for callin you campy... just frustrated with my inability to play the **** game

ahhhhhh gotta go get another controller, so I can start breaking it in
No problem.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Rofl Sammi and me dont even talk like that anymore. Her fam and her moved. But ask PF about Chelsea. This dude came up on me at my job when i was flirtin my *** off. Mad embarrassing.

Also i will admit tho. Some smash girls are aight in looks. The one with the tattoo had my attention the most.

Also since you said. RESET!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
DEHF was the only Falco in my pool, actually. I think you must have gotten mixed up with Shado getting stuck in that second round death pool. My pool did seem harder than most, though. All of the players were decent, and DEHF, Blackanese, and Mikeray all seemed like auto 1-2 seeds. Rust and the Rob (sorry I forgot the name) were good and taking these people to last stock, too. There were second round pools that seemed easier than this. I should've played better, though, so no johns.

Side note: the winning player was in my singles pool and the winning team was in my doubles pool WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Shout outs later! This was the most fun tourney of ever! I hope the Japanese players come back sometime. They were mad legit.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its not even about characters...its just about whos seeded where anyway

chibo put himself as an 8...do you know whoelse was apparently an 8

ANTI

ANTI and chibo are clearly not on the same level

and thats just an example I'm pretty sure it got worst then that....I mean its nice to have someone who actually wants to do this whole seeding mess but dont half *** the seeding if you are going to do it.
This skill controversy people said is 1000000000000% false. You can't even have more than 100% but in this you can.

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED:
1. Entrant registration information was passed to me on Wednesday before the tournament and I started to make pools Wednesday night.
2. I hand picked 42 (because there was 42 r1 pools) 1st seeds, 42 2nd seeds, and 42 3rd seeds. 1st seeds were skill 10, 2nd seeds were skill 8, and 3rd seeds were skill 6. I left a number inbetween them as sometimes I marked people as a 9 considering them for 1st or 2nd seed.
3. Pools were made Wednesday night and released onto SWF.

FROM HERE ON OUR SKILL NUMBERS WERE NOT CHANGED

4. People submit things they wanted changed, such as if someone was accidentally in the same pool as someone else from their area so I changed it. I got around 10 changes tops, probably a little less.

5. Between Wednesday night and Saturday morning - A LOT more people signed up. Over 20 to be more precise. Don't ask me why they were let in or how they did without using the website etc but it happened, and this wasn't my call. This was a little awkward since some of the players were top seeds making things awkward as hell. And don't get me started about the dm/Shadow debacle, that crap was awful.
Whenever I added a new person to the bracket, I did not assign them a new skill number, so they had the default of 5. Why? Because I'm not going to recreate all of the pools again each time someone else joined, I just fit them in and adjusted seeds on the go as needed.

6. Saturday morning before I get to the venue dmbrandon and others go to write out the pool sheets and look at the skill seeding and flip **** seeing me ranked above other players being an 8 and players like Shadow being a 5. They didn't know the situation and then spread these awful rumors.

This thing about Anti is completely new to me and makes no sense. I'm looking at the Tio file right now from Friday and Anti is there clearly labeled as a 10.

I can understand complaining about death pools, but complaining because theres 2 diddies/ 2falcos or a zss with 2 falcos is too much. /:

edit: considering chibo beat the person who got 2nd at this whole tournament I don't see whats wrong with that. The real upset was when he didnt make it out of pools.
lol yea no character seeding at all. I seriously just pay attention to skill (and results from previous pool rounds for subsequent rounds) and location. I let Tio randomize the rest to avoid all bias. Believe me, it was the bane of me to be in a pool with two Toon Links, hence why I didn't make it out. I would have MUCH rather had 2 MKs or like any top tier character.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Chibo...

Brawl doubles is missing from the OP. o_o or does Johnathan have that?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Lol. I'd be scared to bring my girlfriend to a melee tournament, precisely because of conversation like this.

It's okay to be pretty, and it's alright to be a girl who plays smash. And, it's okay for male smashers not to give excessive attention to them lol.

Where are the melee female smashers?! I only so Kevin M's lady friend who plays peach. Is that it? Lol.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uhh...unless your girlfriend plays smash or enjoys watching you play (or get **** on) then why would you bring her in the first place?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
chibo how is a pool with 2 TLs bad for you? you play kingtoon all the time
i dont play him ALL THE TIME, but yea more than most ppl get practice. And kingtoon always beats me lol, worse than both of them. im starting to analyse the matchup now, and its not looking good for rob. toon link's vertical speed makes it incredibly tough for rob to catch him and coupled with three projectiles makes it too hard to get in. also Toon Link can score easy fair kills since ROB can't AD in his upB and it beats fair and nair.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just grab a lot. kingtoon told me i played the MU way differently from you and all I did was grab a lot. so I think if you did that + what you already know you could beat him lol

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
^^you are also taken...I try not to look at taken girls (KEYWORD BEING TRY!)

drama and stuff around that

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL why does that matter >_> I just love to play the game. And Dia asked a question in relation.

PS: HaileyM is friggin amazing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There was a ton of girls for a smash tournament. In the melee side I mean.(like 4)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Lol. I'd be scared to bring my girlfriend to a melee tournament, precisely because of conversation like this.

It's okay to be pretty, and it's alright to be a girl who plays smash. And, it's okay for male smashers not to give excessive attention to them lol.

Where are the melee female smashers?! I only so Kevin M's lady friend who plays peach. Is that it? Lol.
Exactly, people aren't talking about KevinM's GF.

Btw shoutout to KevinM for being mad cool in person, glad that post i made in that old results thread entertained you :)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
lol no @suspect

and 2. I felt thats the reason...oh wait...nvm i read the post again and it said lady friend which means he was naming girlfriends

/bad read....lol

and i played you in brawl at chus dojo crismas...DAT PEACH!!...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom