• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lain always seems to have bad luck. Either that or he needs to step it up and take care of himself/his stuff better.
Hold on, before I go to bed, I am going to put my wallet on the table with a copy of my birth certificate and my social security number, just in case I wake up and need to know these things.

Sanu

Smash Champion
=Shoutouts=

Dr. Peepee: Thanks for the mm, had a great time playing you! Your falco is too good, keep it up. I will seek you out at RoM3 for a rematch fo sho :)

Jman: Your spirit will never die!! Fun matches, will chill again A+++++++++

Dashizwiz: Shizz too good!! First off, your hair was ****ing amazing, serious. Our pools match was short lived but I'll give you a run for your money next time we meet haha :D Gotta power up!!

Eggm: I don't think we spoke even once this whole tournament. That's a first o.0 friendlies at rom3? :)

Vanz: Sorry I caught you when you were so out of it. Come to RoM3!! More friendlies nexttime for sure

Hax: Thanks man, you really helped me.. no, helped us Canadians out ;)

Cyrain: Good teamwork... LOL!! chill bro!

Eggz: Not even one friendly? Next time!! Good **** v I.B, I definitely underated you :D

Kage the Warrior: See you Friday!

Chillindude829: Thanks for the MM and the advice, it's appreciated. We'll play more if you come out again, post on LL more!

Lucky: Haha just couldn't find that one tv for friendles! fun brawl friendly though lolol, glad you could make it. it's always fun watching your fox get off on people :p

Scorpion Master: 64 smash wut? mango combo gogo, man i got *****. sensei teaching you well haha

Diakonos: So much for those friendlies, next time!

Blunted_Object10: I won't go down so easy next time

Tag$: Too good tag, fun mm and great matches. I promise i'll work on my **** consistency :p

PC Chris: Nice seeing you again and talking, always a pleasure!! Fun mm too of course :)

Banks: See you online

VanityAngel: Nice finally meeting you in person, you're cute :p can't say the same for myself though haha. Take what you've gained at this tourney and **** prof and fuzzyness for me!

Tec0: good pools match, i will seek you out for friendlies next big tourney

Solar: Intense pools matches, sorry about the disagreements in our second pools set. Nice talking to you as well and fun friendlies too!! Next time :)

CopyCat: **** just went awry for you, sucks man! But at least the rest of Apex was amazing, no? Didn't
see you on sunday, hopefully you guys got home alright. Fun friendlies though, we'll definitely have to meet and play again!

Falco in my first round pools: It was great talking to you, sucks about the brawl to melee to brawl bit. Sorry for forgetting your name! (asian guy :p)

Toasty: I may have been a bit of a **** to you at times but you're definitely a chill guy, sorry for that. We gotsa get high together at one of these, fo sho :)

HBK: Thanks for looking after Sleaf for me in his pools, i'll make sure he grows into a fine warrior :p

Prog: From the little I've seen you play, you've improved so much. Keep it up!! Always fun talking, hope you found your keys :S My boy prog!! See you on LL haha

DoH: I always happen to feel stupid when I talk to you. Whatever, awkwardness can be hot sometimes LOL

Che_Lab: fun matches, nice talking to you! Keep it up, alaska gotta get on that melee tip

Pierced: you're mad chill, sorry if we kept you awake LOL!

TheJerm: This guy gots some skill at Melee! Playing it just like TL LOL!! Really nice meeting you, we'll blaze again sometime :)

TOJoe: Good **** making that paper! Clutch as always, wish i saw you more than i do. cheers

Crismas: Heh, thanks for nothing. One thing we agreed on *months* ago at pound 4 and you can't do it, very disappointing.

Anyone else I'm forgetting: I love you too! <3 great tourney thanks for hosting Alex. still waiting on that $150 though

Edit: And how could I forget Smurf!! Serious man, had some good times chilling with you on the drive to the airport with the japanese, real talk. I still think One piece is the best LOL. Thanks for housing us and everything else, stay fresh!!

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LOL!:laugh: what?
Well, there was a girl whos tag was Chii I believe who played Lucario as well. She was in my doubles pool and she actually wasn't bad lol.

Im sure everyone is thinking about flamewave though.
Flamewave's trap 2GUDDDDDD.

Yay lain ;3 <3
Fgt. why didnt u comeee

This was the best tourny ive ever been to i met alot of amazing ppl shoutout to everybody commentating on livestream was fun :)

Ppl plz give me more shoutouts i need to feel the love.
shoutouts to mah boi cable lookin incredibly fresh in person, like ur typical spanish pimp, and his love for the sexy vanessa hudgens. WORD UP YO!

Awesome tournament, I got back in Europe safe. I have a jetlag now so I'm really tired, I'll do shoutouts later. Alex Strife is awesome.
Yay!!!!!! glad you made it safe yooo! Really gonna miss ya! hope to see you back here in America. Foreigners are just utterly amazing.

shoutouts to earth for timing out someone with only 46 ledge grabs (50 is limit) with ****ing pit lmao and oh his sexy beanies. hook me up bruuuuuh.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Let me know when the pools and melee brackets are uploaded to AIB. It will make organizing the video thread a lot easier and faster.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I got like no shout-outs ): Even though I helped as much as dmbrandon and chibo. ;_;

I dont think anyone even noticed me xDDD

edit: for brawl characters I'm pretty sure sweat pea was mk/diddy, bill_ was snake and holyknightmare was rob/mk

and put GnW next to my name. Without Gnw I would not have made it out of pools.

Vist

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

1st round pools
PC Chris- Good to see you again and good matches man.
Jash- Your yl is still so **** good! Good seeing you again.
AlexanderTriad- Intense matches, your samus gave me a lot of trouble.
Shoopman- good matches
Madj- **** dude, I hadn't heard of you but your fox was sick! Great set man.
Silver- GGs, very nice puff.

2nd round pools
Mango- goddayum your falcon destroyed me LOL. Would've been cool to play your mario :)
ChivalRuse- man your IC's are getting better and better
Mofo- Great matches man! It's always cool meeting other old school smashers.
dashdancedan- GGs man and nice meeting you.
Cactuar- Your fox is too good bro. Thanks for the water; that was a lifesaver. Sometime I'll have to come up to philly and get some cactus practice lol.

Brackets
Tec0- Holy s*** @ our set. Definitely one of most intense matches I've ever played.
Lucky- Intense set in brackets man. Your fox is beastly good..

Misc
Zhu- Thanks for the friendlies :)
Taj- Always good seeing you mang.
Wobbles- Crazy good ICs you got dude. Congrats placing so well.
Animal- Intense matches man. I normally don't do money matches but I was eager to play someone in some serious matches and it was definitely worth it.
Unknown522- good to see you again and fun friendlies man
Silent Wolf- Thanks for the friendlies
Weapon X- Good matches bro
Thomas? (Mofo's friend)- I couldn't remember if you told me your alias, but it was cool talking to you and playing all those friendlies.
Tope / Cyrain / Savedge / Doll- We didn't smash at all :(
Hungrybox- Congrats on winning, hope to play you sometime.
Toasty- good seeing you again.
SmashMac- it was good talking to you man, hope to see you again next national
Hat- dude we must melee it up sometime
Laijin- Sorry I couldn't make it there for teams man
ThumbsWakeUp- lol pun-ishment
Plank- it was cool hanging with you bro and hope the car situation worked out. smash sometime soon?
Winston- You repped luigi well dude
Wenbo- ****z we didnt smash at all
Vudujin- meant to play you, your luigi looks so sick
TheLake/Nakamaru?- Fun stuff in that teams mm
Que Charles- nice friendlies man, hope to see you at future events
Armada- Absolutely amazing peach
AJP- nice seeing you again
Deeznutz- nice seeing you again
I.B. - your marth is sick man, great friendlies and it was nice talking to you.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I got like no shout-outs ): Even though I helped as much as dmbrandon and chibo. ;_;

I dont think anyone even noticed me xDDD

edit: for brawl characters I'm pretty sure sweat pea was mk/diddy, bill_ was snake and holyknightmare was rob/mk

and put GnW next to my name. Without Gnw I would not have made it out of pools.
wtf *** i shout outededed u

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Doom's apex 2010 shoutouts yeah we in there usin' dat title wes status

PROPS

1: DEHF - Good job winning the most hyped tournament of the year. Best Falco, can't believe I thought Rain had something on you.

2: Brood - GOD ****. When I played this dude in a friendly at Alex's house, I really did not expect him to take second at a national. Japanese sandbagging way too good! Your Olimar is absolutely unbelievable, good job beating America's two best players!

3: mew2king - You'll get 'em next time, I suppose. Bring me my controller. :mad:

4: Lee Martin - <3 this dude. Glad we finally got to talk and hang out. We should play some Brawl friendlies next time. Good job taking 4th, but now you know about my MK-. ;)

5: Ally - Step it up, Elliot. Good seeing you back in the States.

5: lain - Our set was awesome. I wish I could've done better game 3, though. Thanks a lot for the compliments and the advice, you're cool as hell and those ICs are scary. I'll get you next time!

7: Rain - ITACHI SONS! Keepin' it mad fresh all weekend while ****** ****. Great job, awesome Falco.

7: Atomsk - I can't thank you enough for everything this weekend. Thanks a lot for being a great friend and sticking around the entirety of Thursday. It means a lot to me. I'm so proud of you being the highest placing East Coast player this weekend. Keep it up and **** even harder now.

9: Anti - Most unlucky bracket of all time. Still ****, though.

9: Shadow - Good job taking top 12 at a national! You know you can do even better if you get back into the swing of things and practice more. I bet you're real happy about deciding to enter last minute.

9: san - I played the best set of my entire Smash career against you. I've never been so scared of a non-top tier character before in my life. Great job ****** losers and outplacing me by a lot!

9: Shugo - Your Falco is great, but you've gotta work on that pocket Knight. Keep it up, good seeing you again.

13: Inui - Congratulations finally doing well in singles at a national. I wish I could've played my best against you...it seems that one of us is always off when we play. Losing that game 1 comeback made me pretty salty. :(

13: Sweet Pea - FUNNIEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Big shoutouts to this dude, can't wait to see him at JG's!

13: Gnes - FREENES! It was awesome finally meeting you and the rest of TX. You guys are cool as hell. Keep up the good work and stay free!

13: Malcolm - My man Malcolm doing big things, taking top 16 at a national! Good **** dude, we all knew you could do it.

17: Bizkit - Good job. Highest placing NE player.

17: Doom - Wow. I feel very accomplished and proud of myself. Top 24 out of 266...words cannot describe how great I feel. I was so close to that top 16 and I know I could have had it. Lots of players made their breakthrough last Apex, and I can only hope that this one was mine. I feel like I've learned a LOT at this tournament and can definitely start doing some damage around here now. Watch out guys!

17: Earth - AWESOME Sheik.

17: NinjaLink - Likin' that shirt from Friday. Good job on top 24.

17: UltimateRazer - See Gnes's shoutout, but replace "Freenes" with "UltimateGayzer". :D Don't lose to Ike, little baby Timmy/UltimateToddler.

17: ChuDat - Craziest Kirby ever.

17: Jerm - Your TL is awesome! Congrats being the highest placing one, you certainly showed that you're no joke and are definitely up there with Jash and Hyro. I hope you found your bag. :/

17: Vex Kasrani - Nice placing. Keep those ICs going.

25: Nairo - Step it up. Can't be losing to Snakes. Great job ****** Minus.

25: Swordgard - Inui vs. Swordgard = best set ever. Learn to handle pressure and you'll be great.

25: Jash - Step it up Jash! You know you're better than this. lmao at seeing you guys on the road on Friday.

25: SK92 - Nice meeting you and hanging out. Your Falco is incredible, good thing we didn't have to play in brackets. Commentating with you was fun, come to the East Coast more!

25: Blue Rogue - Nice meeting you briefly.

25: Logic - Good games in pools. Wish game 1 went a little differently. :(

25: HolyNightmare - I heard your words about learning matchups and totally agree. You and Ally should learn a whole bunch of characters and practice them together. Each of you should split half the (viable) cast.

25: Patg - Second highest placing NE player! Nice seeing you active again.

33: Eggz - THIS DUDE. Mad cool and extremely good. Also pro at spitting game online LOL.
hook me up son
Awesome meeting and playing you, good job beating Sweet Pea and Zucco. Definitely amongst my favorite people I met this weekend.

33: Keitaro - Thank you SO much for housing me Thursday night. I think I'd have died if I had to drive back up to West Milford. We're gonna **** teams this weekend.

33: Jtails - Good job! Showing us that you're no joke, keep stepping it up.

33: CO18 - Random NJ unrankeds too good. ;)

33: Koolaid - Coolest Mexican in the world. Good job in teams with Daz.

33: Bill_ - Nice meeting you.

33: Cable - BEST DK YO! Wish you could've beaten SK, that'd be hype as hell.

33: Junebug - Beating Atomsk and getting 33rd? Come on now, Smirkman. You're better than that.

33: vVv Fino - Nice meeting you.

33: Bloodcross - Stop raging. It holds you back too much.

33: Vinnie - YOU SUCK ON RAINBOW CRUISE

33: Squall - Good **** vs. Suinoko!

33: Kel - Good games. Work on that ditto.

33: Snakeee - Good **** making it out of pools. 2008 too good.

33: MintyFlesh - Nice job winning your first pool! Get good like your Japanese bretheren that ***** this weekend. ;)

49: TUSM - Good **** making it out.

49: Orion - What happened? :/ You know you're better than this. Really looking forward to hanging out before you leave, I'm gonna miss you sooooooooooooooo muchhhhh :(:(:(:(

49: Fujita - Yay Japan! Good job.

49: Will - Good **** ****** me. XD I relearned the matchup, though. ;)

49: Zucco - You know you can do better than this! Good job 2-0ing Lain.

49: Coney - Awesome Luigi-. I'll get my revenge, you're too good with up B.

49: Trela - Nice meeting you, Trelawful.

49: TeeVee - Enjoy your negative $50.

49: Boss - How many Bosses does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

49: suinoko - Second funniest guy in the world.

49: jbandrew - Sucks what happened in bracket. Make better decisions next time and you've got this.

49: Big Load - MY ***** BIG LOAD LOVIN' DAT MILK! Awesome meeting you, another one of my favorite people. Come up here more! You and your lucky side B bull****, rofl.

Dazwa - You got ***** by ****tastic seeding. Great seeing my Hayes bby #1. <3 Commentating was fun, wish we got to get our combo running a bit more, but it's all good. It's thanks to your very simple tip that people have been giving me positive commentary feedback. :D Definitely considering going to DNA.

Darc - Wish we got to team. I'm still really bummed about that. :( I'm glad you decided to enter Brawl (you did, right? LOL I know you mentioned it), and I heard you almost beat M2K in Melee! Good ****, keep it up and start getting those last hits. It makes me happy seeing top Melee players giving Brawl a (second, in your case) chance instead of mindlessly talking it down. Perhaps next hybrid national.

ksizzle - ENTER SINGLES! You'd have done so well here. You ****ing ***** crews! Car ride was fun as usual. *smiles and looks around aimlessly* lololololol

EEvisu - Phil da bess. Barely got to commentate with you, but we'd have been amazing! Definitely hanging out more next time, gonna make that 0-4 an 0-5 soon. ;)

Nicole/GDX - Team name should have been "@$$ and T*tties". Nicole, your Peach is the best in the entire universe, and GDX is the coolest EE lookalike ever.

Fats/Sphere/FATAL - NE GIDDY CREW TOO GOOD. I love all of you *****s, see you at DNA if I go. :D

Vermanubis, AKA the King of Evil himself - Thanks for the compliments on my MK. Your Ganon is sexy as hell.

Micaelis/TurtL/Dynomite - Nice meeting you guys. Car ride with Micaelis and TurtL too good.

Twin A/Tw1n - You kids are the best! Paper Chocobos are way too good, as is Tw1n catching me as I ran into his embrace. <333

Milktea - Nice seeing you again as usual. Both of our homosexual careers will take us far. :D

Silent Wolf - It was cool meeting one of the old school Melee players I watched before I was able to get to tournaments. Keep up the techy ****.

Variola - Nice meeting you! Thanks for the bubble tea.

HEERO - Melee wannabe. :D <3 my little Mexican

Pierce - Fun to commentate with you. Gotta chill with the long rants and talking to the stream though!

TKO - LOL, Atomsk was right. You definitely live up to the name TK-bro. Nice commentary!

NEO/NinjaEdd - For being the best streammonsters of all time. <3

Kingtoon- Good matches in pools.

Xionix - MAD scary and one of NJ's most underrated players.

John#s - Good job beating me. I'll get you next time! Had me mad nervous and on edge, definitely improving.

Hungrybox - MAD legit dude right here. Made me happy to see how much you were enjoying Brawl, and that group hug was sick.

SLOPS

49: Chaos Marth - Consider this an official callout.

Who the **** lets you touch brackets/pools? No, really. Who are you? Why do you have any power over anything? You're ****ing crazy. You consider yourself a hard pools opponent when half this region jokes about you being the worst MK in the world. You got power ranked ONE time (at the very bottom of the list) when you were a panelist and half your state was inactive...if that doesn't speak for how ridiculous you are, maybe THIS will.

For some reason, you've been allowed to seed Viridian Cities, POUND ****ING FOUR, and this tournament. Notice the pattern? Well, I certainly do. Every single one of those tournaments, there has been an EXTREME amount of complaints about terrible and ******** seeding. Seriously, do you even know anything about this region and who is good? If your opinion of your own skill is any reflection of that, then I'm going to say no. No, you don't. I don't understand how you found your way behind the ****ing TO desk at any of these events, ESPECIALLY this one.

You say it's impossible to seed for a character, regarding Dazwa getting stuck with two Falcos and a KNOWN ZSS rapist. Yes. I agree with you. But guess what? That isn't the problem. DAZWA AND SHADOW ARE IN THE SAME CREW. Six members of 100% Juice were included in the Apex 2010 round 2 pools, those being myself, Shadow, Dazwa, Snakeee, Zucco, and Blackanese. If top 3 advanced and there were 63 people in the bracket, that means there were 21 pools. Are you telling me you couldn't have put those SIX people in different pools? I'm sorry, but you are ****ing stupid.

Your defense was that you didn't know Shadow and Dazwa were in the same crew. You know what that means? You were clueless about players. You didn't know what was going on. If that's the case, how the hell are you fit to seed brackets? Oh yeah, you're not, and somehow you managed to sneak in anyway. Nice job giving yourself a round 2 pool with a Zero Suit and a Dedede, by the way, and putting the two best Falcos in the world + a top Meta Knight in the same pool.

Don't even get me started on the bracket.

This is a formal request, no, DEMAND, that Chaos Marth is permanently forbidden from touching brackets at any event, ever. Anti and ksizzle agree, and I'm sure many more do as well.

M@v - Will says thanks for the money. Good **** being PA's Shippo, filling the pot and showin' dem boys you can beat NY and make it out of pools. Stay free!

N3xU5 - I seriously hope you're no older than 12. <_< Thanks for the $2 and learn to pay your opponents when they win. Backing out of a MM after a game = forfeiting. Please stop talking trash about how you're a top ROB, btw.

KevinM - FOR GIVING ME A SIG INFRACTION! Nah sike, I ****ing LOVE this dude. <3333333333

So...who liked my commentary here? :D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Shout outs time!

Bardull/Nikenick/Chair/Fused King (aka Wesker haha): Thanks for being awesome. I'm glad you guys had a good time around NYC (even if the food you ate wasn't perfect hah). Getting to know you guys was awesome too, I hope to see you all again perhaps at another tourny one day. Chair/Fused King I love all your interest in gaming music <33333

Shippo: Way to DDR and nearly die afterward :laugh: you're still really good at the game though xD

Diem: You're a lifesaver...seriously. Thank you so **** much for picking me up on Friday. I owe you a badge ;) like...a real one hah. Also for helping out with the tournaments and registration, you did a fantastic job!

Frank/Snakeee: I miss hanging out with you, =/ I'm glad we got to play some Melee and Brawl together like old times as well as just chill with you. You're one crazy/funny dude<3

Shadow: It was good seeing you again. I hope you had a great time :D

NinjaEdd: Thanks for helping me out with the badges when I got there on Friday, much appreciated :)

Paul/Xivk: Thank you for everything. I appreciate you taking the time to help me with the badges as well as watching my stuff on Sunday (I believe) and having patience during the whole van situation. You're a great friend!

Spam Arrows: Bring your Mom next time ;)

Cactus: Thanks for helping out with registration!

Haley: You suck. Grr...stop losing to Mewtwo.

Axe: Amazing. You're a monster! And your sets were the highlight of the tourny for me. Next time, let's play some friendlies!

HBox: Funny guy. YOU ALREADY KNOW! Congrats on winning, I think you're a smart player and deserve it.

G$: Good stuff beating Chillin ;D DIP!

D1: Great job with the commentary. You're really good at it. Good stuff in singles too. DIP!

Wobbles: Thanks for coming to Apex. And loved the Squenix music you were playing on the piano ;D

Jash: Did you ever get that MM CO18? lol

Shiz: We didn't talk much but thanks for coming, a lot of people really enjoyed you being there.

PC: Shout out for being awesome per usual.

Lil/Milktea: I'm glad you could make it, you looked like you had fun haha.

KevinM/HaileyM: Amazing couple. You guys rocked! I loved hanging out with you both and getting bubble tea~ :3 I hope to see you guys again soon.

Arc: Loved that you came :D we didn't get to play though :(

Kashif: Haley is a homo.

Eggm: Thanks for helping out with TV's per usual. Much appreciated :D

SleepyK: Thanks for the friendlies, your Falco gets into crack mode at times ahahaha.

Seb: You keep getting better everytime I see you. Don't stop playing, seriously. I demand friendlies from you everytime I see you haha. Maybe one day we can team huh? :3

Jaden/Vanz: You did amazing. I still owe you a green headband and your Melee disk xD oops?

Lobos: I'm glad you came with your lady and little lady :) she was a doll.

Armada/Aniolas/Smasher: Glad you guys could come, I hope you had another good experience!

Magus: :D :D we didn't play though D: D: good stuff teaming with Haley though.

Sensei: OMGGGGG :D Glad you could make it! Good stuff in 64 btw getting first. I hope you enjoyed the turnout for it.

Nintendude: Congrats getting 2nd in 64!

Starlight: Good seeing you again! I hope you were able to give Fatal his badge!

Randall/NinjaLink: Rar? Stupid Peach BS btw LAWL!

Praxis: AMAZING! You are one awesome person, seriously :D we didn't get to friendly (fffffffff) but we will one day soon hopefully! I'm glad to have hung out with you regardless.

Dark Pch: Good stuff against Rain!

Jband: OMG hi! So glad to see you again. Don't be a stranger. I know I don't play Brawl anymore but I know you play Melee, so let's play moar.

Toasty: Thanks for friendlies! I'm glad you had an awesome birthday weekend :D

Phil: Go eat your friend chicken! ;)

Korn: WHERE THE **** WERE YOU? Okay I know, you were broke...but still :(

Laijin: Sorry for being all fjdakjfksajf when you wanted to do the Seb joke hour. I was really distracted with things and had a lot on my mind. I owe you Seb jokes haha.

Eggz: Glad you liked the sticker lol.

Benny: You're getting better and better, keep it up. And lmk when you guys have a fest plz T_T I do travel ya know...

WarriorKnight: Hope you like the new Bowser sticker! I hope I can make it to more fests.

Enzo: Same as above, you guys are all awesome :bee:

Aziz/Hax: You're the best :bee: thanks for coming.

Jman: Good **** in tourny, your set vs. Axe was pretty epic too. Please don't quit!!

Chibo: Thanks for helping out and waiting with me for over two hours with 8 TV's outside the e-spot in Jersey City, haha. I think we made the best of it regardless. YOU OWE US A SNAPPLE-TEEZY ORDER! :laugh:

Plank: Good **** helping out with the tourny, props!

Alukard: Also good **** for helping out, you did great :)

Everyone from VGBootcamp: Thank you for everything, you guys had a really professional set up with the streams and commentary area. It really added to the experience of being there.

Johnathan/Alex: You're amazing to me. You did such a fantastic job working hard to make this happen. Every day pushing yourself to do what you always dreamed of doing. This tournament has been something I know you've strived for a long time. To make it beyond what Apex was, and to do what you loved. You've always done that, you always cared so much about making a great experience for everyone and you really did that. When I met you, you were such an incredible and funny guy hosting local tournaments. I always believed in you, that you were the best at what you did in this community and outside. And here you are. You should be proud of what you've done for everyone. I love you and will always support you. <3

I'm really running through my head at everyone I got to talk to. So if I didn't mention you, I'm sorry!! I'll edit later and add some more shout outs.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
-enter drama-

Doom- I did Pound 4 Singles. Chaos Marth simply entered the names. Round 2 pools did have some influence. The only real Death Pool at Pound 4 was the one with Malcolm because malcolm got 3rd seed and snakeee/keitaro got 2nd seed. Without malcolm it would've been a fine pool. ChaosMarth didn't have a hand in that, so don't blame him if you think the pools were bad there.

Viridian and APEX, well I can't control that.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ChiboSempai - Partially the same thing I wrote to Chaos Marth. Seriously man, if you're even partially responsible for that disaster of a bracket, I'm extremely disappointed and would not like you to seed brackets anymore. Everyone complained about CoT4, I'm not so sure about your DSOs, and this was kind of awful. lol at M2K vs. Anti before quarters. Giving yourself the freest pool in the world for no reason (and not getting out of it, olololol). Seriously, cut the bull****. Worse than what people accused Inui of doing back in the Montage days. Not nearly as upset with you as I am with Chaos Marth though, because I know you didn't focus too much on this.
I had 100% nothing to do with the brackets, that was all Chaos Marth and Alex Strife. I also had very little to do with Round 2 pools, that was mainly Chaos Marth. I did overlook it briefly but wasn't the one behind the various changes and such and by me - the only things I mainly looked at was if the seeds matches up and no one from the same state was in the same pool if possible. I'm sorry I also didn't catch the Shadow and Dazwa thing, but as I told you at the venue, it didn't even occur to me because to me my thought was Dazwa was from NE (all the way up in Maine right?) and Shadow is from NYC. If people catch things like this while we call out pools then let us know asap and I can guarantee you that it will be fixed immediately, and if someone else wouldn't fix something like that, then I will find a way to have it fixed.

Also please don't complain about character seeding, you just don't seed characters... There was a lot of Falcos at the tournament, and I guess it's Dazwa's fault for playing a character that gets ***** by Falco lol jk. But for real, whenever I seed I completely block characters out of my mind and focus on the overall skill of players, and not adjust it to who they main.

Also what complaints were there about CoT4 seeding? What are you talking about?

The main thing you can blame me for if you want to blame me about anything would be any problems with round 1 of pools, which I had a large involvement in. That is unless it was a problem dealing with late registrations, which is some bull**** that I didn't want to deal with lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Round 1 pools were actually quite good, despite the tristate area having some buff seeds that might've been slightly off. It didn't matter.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Oh so it was Chaos Marth who put me against M2K round 3 in winners.

Wow thats pretty gay.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Johnathan/Alex: You're amazing to me. You did such a fantastic job working hard to make this happen. Every day pushing yourself to do what you always dreamed of doing. This tournament has been something I know you've strived for a long time. To make it beyond what Apex was, and to do what you loved. You've always done that, you always cared so much about making a great experience for everyone and you really did that. When I met you, you were such an incredible and funny guy hosting local tournaments. I always believed in you, that you were the best at what you did in this community and outside. And here you are. You should be proud of what you've done for everyone. I love you and will always support you. <3

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Whoever seeded my doubles pool is a complete idiot.

2 NJ/NY teams: Atomsk+Nairo/John12346+Shippo
2 NE teams: Teevee+Lingling/Fats+Kiwi
1 Europe Team: Chair+Nikenick

with a ton of regions coming to this, cant you manage to seperate teams from the same region? TWICE!?

Also congrats AGAIN for seeding me with 1 person in common with my Singles/Doubles (Ling-Ling)

Always a pleasure.

Shoutouts

Mad lazy, if I know you good times, if I don't oh well, hope you had fun.

SHIPPO CITY!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
PROPS

SLOPS

49: Chaos Marth - Consider this an official callout.

Who the **** lets you touch brackets/pools? No, really. Who are you? Why do you have any power over anything? You're ****ing crazy. You consider yourself a hard pools opponent when half this region jokes about you being the worst MK in the world. You got power ranked ONE time (at the very bottom of the list) when you were a panelist and half your state was inactive...if that doesn't speak for how ridiculous you are, maybe THIS will.

For some reason, you've been allowed to seed Viridian Cities, POUND ****ING FOUR, and this tournament. Notice the pattern? Well, I certainly do. Every single one of those tournaments, there has been an EXTREME amount of complaints about terrible and ******** seeding. Seriously, do you even know anything about this region and who is good? If your opinion of your own skill is any reflection of that, then I'm going to say no. No, you don't. I don't understand how you found your way behind the ****ing TO desk at any of these events, ESPECIALLY this one.

You say it's impossible to seed for a character, regarding Dazwa getting stuck with two Falcos and a KNOWN ZSS rapist. Yes. I agree with you. But guess what? That isn't the problem. DAZWA AND SHADOW ARE IN THE SAME CREW. Six members of 100% Juice were included in the Apex 2010 round 2 pools, those being myself, Shadow, Dazwa, Snakeee, Zucco, and Blackanese. If top 3 advanced and there were 63 people in the bracket, that means there were 21 pools. Are you telling me you couldn't have put those SIX people in different pools? I'm sorry, but you are ****ing stupid.

Your defense was that you didn't know Shadow and Dazwa were in the same crew. You know what that means? You were clueless about players. You didn't know what was going on. If that's the case, how the hell are you fit to seed brackets? Oh yeah, you're not, and somehow you managed to sneak in anyway. Nice job giving yourself a round 2 pool with a Zero Suit and a Dedede, by the way, and putting the two best Falcos in the world + a top Meta Knight in the same pool.

Don't even get me started on the bracket.

This is a formal request, no, DEMAND, that Chaos Marth is permanently forbidden from touching brackets at any event, ever. Anti and ksizzle agree, and I'm sure many more do as well.
Wow.
1. I never seeded viridian cities(inui and alex did every viridian I was only there to keep people away from the computer, ask alex yourself. I didn't seed pound 4 either. Again I was at the TO desk keeping people away while tant called matches and i helped him write down names and copy the matches to my twitter.

and the only thing we tried to do with round 2 pools were seperate regions, I didnt even touch my pool other then switch zucco/snakeee out from the same pool because i knew they were in juice(sorry I didn't know dawza was in the crew I thought it was a ny/nj crew) and actually chibo was RIGHT there with me when i did this stuff, in FACT he wrote down what was wrong each pool in a seperate window to remove stuff like crew/region stuff. We had about 10 region problems in the original 2nd round pools and we concentrated on fixing that, and when we finished pools AND bracket we had dmbrandon,inui,alex strife, and even xzax and dotcom saw it. The problem we had with bracket was we had brood and rain playing eachother 3rd round AFTER round 2 had started so what i did was switch rain's entire bracket with someone else to prevent this. Ask diem yourself I'm the one who helped him move it . Good job assuming stuff. :/

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
what was your reasoning behind putting the 1st and 3rd best player in the country to fight each other 3rd round? when they got first seed too. smh

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
what was your reasoning behind putting the 1st and 3rd best player in the country to fight each other 3rd round? when they got first seed too. smh
We never looked at who would play eachother round 3 hence us catching the brood vs rain round 3 mistake so late. That was honestly my fault and I do apologize for that, we were in such a rush and tried to fix other mistakes we didnt catch that til after the fact.

edit: People need to stop saying I rigged **** when I NEVER seeded or did any of this by myself. I ALWAYS asked for help from chibo and dmbrandon.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
We never looked at who would play eachother round 3 hence us catching the brood vs rain round 3 mistake so late. That was honestly my fault and I do apologize for that, we were in such a rush and tried to fix other mistakes we didnt catch that til after the fact.

edit: People need to stop saying I rigged **** when I NEVER seeded or did any of this by myself. I ALWAYS asked for help from chibo and dmbrandon.
Btw who is "Us"?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was in the Melee room the whole time. I just looked at the bracket and saw Gnes vs. DEHf round 2.

:C

I'm sorry this happened guys. It was out of my power though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so let me get this straight.

pools should be seeded by:

who lives in your region
who drove up with you in your car (regardless of region)
who you played with in doubles
who you played against in doubles
who is in your crew (regardless of region)
what character you play
who counters your character
whoevers's playstyle may or may not be good against the character you play
who you stayed in the hotel with (regardless of region)
who was in your previous pools
who you went out to dinner with
who you pissed next to in the bathroom urinals

and all of the above information for the last 3 national tournaments that every single attendee went to

... its just not feasible to please everyone. the way i see it, Dazwa got ****** in pools2, but thats not theTOs fault, if he had won one more or one less match in first pools, he wouldnt have even been in that pool, problem solved.

rain/dehf/shadow in one pools was dumb. any body can see that, but lets be honest here, there were 21 pools of people who got out of first pools, theres no way every pool is going to have the exact same amount of skill. and if otu of 21 pools the rain/dehf pool was the only thing that people can complain about it, than Id say whoever did pools did a good freaking job.

same goes for brackets, if anti/m2k the only thing that was bad about the bracket placing (which I dont really agree to that being all that bad.) than that means everything else was acceptable, and thus, Id say that brackets were well made as well.

Try to look at the big picture people, one flub, does not make a disaster out of the whole situation. It was honestly very well done if there was only one bad aspect about second pools and one bad aspect about brackets.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Btw who is "Us"?
For bracket me and dmbradon caught the mistake late.

for pools me and chibo.

edit: Technically we messed up twice in bracket, but we were able to fix one of the problems.

Also alex looked over the whole bracket after we finished and we showed everyone how stacked it was. :/

Max Ketchum

Brackets should be seeded according to:

Pool seedings
Location/crew
Skill

Goggles, you seem to be missing the fact that DAZWA IS IN SHADOW'S CREW. 6 Juice members with 21 round 2 pools...should not be hard to separate.

Max Ketchum

What? You're assigning amounts of importance to errors you made? lol. The worst thing is M2K vs. Anti round 3, no doubt about it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
And doom, you seem to be missing the fact that chibo just said, had you all notified him that dazwa was in juice, he would have changed the pools

I mean, i take pride in know everything I can about all the best players, and even I didnt know that Dazwa was in juice... When did that even happen?

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Brackets should be seeded according to:

Pool seedings
Location/crew
Skill
Pool Seedings
Location/Crew
Skill
Doubles Bracket/Pools

You shouldn't be fighting the same people in doubles bracket/pools in singles pools. It gets really ANNOYING at a NATIONAL with 200+ people that you out of 6 people play in round 1 pools for 2 DIFFERENT EVENTS

or at least try to avoid it in bracket if there is pools.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and once again, nobodys saying that mistakes werent made, im just saying that in the big picture, the mistakes that were made are really as substantial as they are being made out to be, seeing as apparently everything else besides rains pool and antis 3 round match was satisfactorily done.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
What? You're assigning amounts of importance to errors you made? lol. The worst thing is M2K vs. Anti round 3, no doubt about it.

I said before m2k vs anti round 3 was a mistake that was caught late and was unable to be fixed unlike brood vs rain round 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom