• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
He seemed to really love it. And I think Kage liked it too.

I think Hax and HBox might like it better now since we got Z aerials working yesterday :p

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
ATTN: Brawl Players who didn't get out of pools

Take note to your placement if you didn't get out of pools...

64th- 4th seed in Round 2 Pools
85th- 5th seed in Round 2 Pools
106th- 6th seed in Round 2 pools
127th- 4th seed in Round 1 Pools
169th- 5th seed in Round 1 Pools
211th- 6th seed in Round 1 Pools
253rd- 7th seed in Round 1 Pools

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'd post some huge shoutout thingy but I'm soooo on to getting a MASSIVE headache right now haha, I'll just blather some random names and all the people I forgot, I forgot you because I suddenly had to throw up so I just pressed 'reply':

alexstrife christen bigbadwolf will larry all wario mains zucco shadow vgbootcamp everyone who slept in our hotel room up and including swedish japanese san sharky D1 dark peach, bardull xsivit (paul) orion inui praxis

pierce: wtf are you stealing my time to MM gnes, really that was just dickish, sure its not that big a deal but come on, i came all the way from ****ing europe, way disrespect

gnes mister eric ultimaterazer squall subway people random people

moar random people

epic shoutouts, not really, sorry, tourney was ****

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sooo true. 90% of the people there mained those characters. It was so annoying. Eventhough the results show a few different characters, it still doesn't consider the pools which were flooded with spacies and the fact on every tv for friendlies you'd see a fox and or falco lulz.
Why is it annoying? Everyone knows how to fight spacies at this point...I guess if you mean annoying like, boring?

Idk I saw tons of diversity.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I had 4 sets of falco dittos in my pool. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Spacies are just popular they aren't overpowered anymore for reasons like crismas just pointed out. They used to be the go to character for being able to win "easier" but those days are gone its just we have all the leftover people from when that was the general concession. If anything I saw a lot more peach/jiggs at this tournament than ever. Every single team in my r1 pool had a jiggs in it including mine in some matches. Tec0 said there were a lot of jiggs in his doubles pools too. And I must've played so many floaties it hurt in friendlies at this. I played like... 4 ic's players a lot.. a bunch of peaches and jiggs it was absurd. Theres way more character diversity now than a few years back when everyone and their mother played shiek/fox/marth and a FEW falcos.

Edit : We def have a lack of marth's/sheiks atm tho.

Conti

Smash Ace
So this tournament was absolutely amazing...
There's a lot to say so ill do shoutouts later....
But the number1 problem I had with this tournament was that I didn't get to play all my pool matches because I heard my name called.... went to my pool and it was spelled "Khanti". I honestly thought it was some japaenese player and there was no way in hell that it was me.... then ann hr later I deceieded after hearing a lot of the pools called that there had to be a mistake... than had to get ***** by logic which got my entire motivation down.... then lost my next 2 matches cuz I played like an idiot... didn't even verse the other 3 people in pools.... extremely disappointing.....

Shoutouts later

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Oh wow...there def is a player named Khanti, but he didn't go to this. I'm sorry that happened =/

Lobos

Smash Master
lol if I play melee again I would def bring back my link and use mewtwo as a secondary.. or vise versa

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Do eet. I miss Jash playing Young Link in Melee. I know he still plays a little but his YL was such a beast.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Sooo true. 90% of the people there mained those characters. It was so annoying. Eventhough the results show a few different characters, it still doesn't consider the pools which were flooded with spacies and the fact on every tv for friendlies you'd see a fox and or falco lulz.

this is america and sadly as a country we tier ***** like crazy and out of the 4 top tiers no one palys marth anymore save for like 4 people sheik is mad homo so alotta people refuse to play her so all ur left with is fox and falco although in da tourny it looks like all the foxes got eliminated pretty early save for jman and besides if ur better than alotta people in ur pool and they use spacies i would think that would be a good thing as spacies are combo fodder and u wouldn have a difficult time gettin ur combo on

also the lack of falcon mains at the tourny was saddening had darkrain SS and scar been their u probably would have seen more falcons in friendlies

Gnes

Smash Master
I did bad, but early congrats shoutouts to my boy Larry for winning this shiz, KNEW U HAD IT FROM THE BEGINNING ***! I cant wait to **** teams with u. San for wrecking my shiz, And logic for giving me way more than a scare. I thought u had it bro.

Also, sorry for stealing yo win Chu, diddy gay hahaha. Hopefully next time Texas comes to east coast we perform better. National pressure :(. Apex was 10x harder than mlg.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
We'll see a bunch of people play him and then quit.

SHOUTOUTS:

AZ: Taj and Axe... good lord. First in your pool with M2? First with Pika/Falco? AZ stomping on the bracket? I don't even know man. Don't even know. It was fantastic seeing you guys again. Kind of the same with Yeah! and KiraFlax except we didn't really hang out much :( But keep on doing what you guys do, and hopefully I'll be back in AZ soon.

NM: Twinnnnnzzzz... your encouragement and positivity through the tournament kept me better sustained than food. It was fantastic sharing more stories and dinners and such with you gentlemen again, and I can't wait until the next time. Kyle, hope the hand gets better. David, keep using red balls to give people blue balls and make them trip balls.

DoH: YEAH TEAMS. We didn't place as well as we could have, but nonetheless we still did pretty **** good. Thanks for being the Cactuar to my M2K and helping me survive NY.

Cactuar: Speaking of, you should move to AZ, since you love to sandbag and you're a cactus.

JMan: Good games sir! Your Fox was quite entertaining to play.

Hax: Same to you! I'm glad we only played friendlies so you didn't camp the crap out of me lol.

M2K: I will get you one of these days. I'm glad you felt like you were playing very well against me though, it's an honor to have close matches when someone of your caliber feels that way.

Mango: Nobody including myself counts my victory over you as indicative of anything whatsoever. It makes me sad you don't enjoy the game and find it to be so boring now.

PP: Argggghhhhhhh good work dude. You are indeed the Falco they say you are. Remember though, if you keep stacking it up, next time I will go Jenga on your ***.

Chu: Thanks for the encouragement, even though you MAY have been consciousness-altered at the time >_>

Shiz: I played against a legend and my Nana came through for me. Your Falco was, is, and forevermore shall be amazing.

Plank: Sorry you don't think I'm very good at this game :(

HBox: Listen dude, I know you THINK you're a good player but when you and Armada play you are going to get WRECKED, no question... wait, 5-0? Really? God ****. Maybe you're good after all?

Armada: All the way from Sweden, jeeeez. Thanks for letting me play you in so many **** IC v Peach friendlies. It was highly educational to me, and I hope you enjoyed them as well.

Aniolas: Also thanks for playing me in friendlies.

Smasher89: ICs represent, yayhuzz :)

Nintendude: Thanks for the ride to the airport my good man. Your ICs are good and I think if you want to invest the time and energy, you can take them to a really high level.

Axe and Taj again: Did I mention that you guys are ******es? AZ is my home, I can't wait to return.

Darkrain: Why weren't you there?

I talked about Smash to a lot of people, and played friendlies with a lot of people. On my plane flight back home, a woman I sat next to told me "you know you're doing what you love if you can never tell what time it is." I woke up at 9 every morning for this tournament, and before I knew it, it was 2 AM; this weekend was just unbelievable, made possible by every single person I talked to and hung out with. The Florida guys who stayed in our room, the awesome folks in my pools like Diakenshi (is that right?) giving me a dollar for every time I wobbled him, Sumo talking to me for thirty minutes and his ladyfriend giving me free soda (she's a keeper!), Xoff (I think that's your tag) and your brother talking to me while I ate my sandwich, all the IC players representing, and that isn't even the end of it.

It sucks getting boo'ed by a large crowd of people, but then I know you're all just rooting for folks from your region or your favorite players or whatever reason. It's all part of the hype; I got a lot of positive feedback even from people who shouted against me, so I know you didn't (completely) mean it ;) I can't wait for the next large one I'm able to go to. If infinites are banned, I'll just have to show you guys my OTHER tricks, and we'll see how that goes ^_^

Peace all.

Zucco

Smash Master
LOLOLOL that's a dude Deez.

/caps
Well, there was a girl whos tag was Chii I believe who played Lucario as well. She was in my doubles pool and she actually wasn't bad lol.

Im sure everyone is thinking about flamewave though.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Shoutouts.

Long Island - I love you guys, seriously. Will, Matt, Vinnie, John, and Kevin. We all did pretty well this weekend and I'm glad three of us made it to brackets. Good ****. Jerry and Matt, it was awesome seeing you guys again too. I miss the late nights at your house playing Smash.

DA - NL, Jash, MalcomM, and D1, good **** as always and it's always amazing to see you guys since I haven't been able to get myself out to training sessions and tournaments lately. I'll get myself back into it.

san - I'm really glad I got the chance to sit down and play a bunch of friendlies with you. They were really fun and it was just amazing to watch you play in friendlies and in tournament matches. I don't know how you do it.

Verm - I'm serious about you being the best Ganon I've played. You do a lot of stuff I've never seen before and your very good with reads out of Gerudo and stuff. definitely the best I've played and a top Ganon.

Inui - It's always great seeing you and talking to you. You've become one of the people I look forward to seeing the most. Good stuff in teams and in teams pools. Mario/DK has it's moments. rofl.

Vex - Thanks a lot for sitting down with me and helping me in the Pit vs Sheik match-up. I really needed a solid character to play against good ones.

BigAL - See what can we can achieve when we combine forces? Link and Ganon are the best team.

Hax - You probably never go on this site, nor remember who I am but at every National since SNES we've played in Brawl on the last day of the tournament and it's always fun as ****. Let's hope we do it again at the next one. That or I could play you and Melee and get manhandled.

BFC - Omari, D-Rock, Mako, and whoever else may have been there. It was cool meeting you guys and seeing some of you again as well as playing you. You guys all did the right thing deciding to go to this even if it was just to play friendlies for the weekend. That's the first step in becoming a better player, just get yourselves out there and play as many people as you can. Keep it up guys.

Kadaj - Oh man we finally Mario dittoed and during it I finally figured it out. All these Marth mains playing Mario..Neo's absence from national tournaments. He's in that time chamber, right now, practicing his Mario and when the time is right he's gonna bust it out and destroy M2K, Ally, and everyone else and turn the ****ing world upside down. LOL.

Boss/Famous - As always, great seeing you guys again and having you in our hotel room. Rofl.

Vato - It was really cool to finally meet and play you. You have an insane Mario.

Coney/TKO/Speed - My favorite people in MD/VA! I can't wait until the next tournament we're all at. If things don't get so crazy, I'll be in your room all night along with Vinnie and Matt playing Minus. lmao. Oh and good ****ing **** Coney for taking 1st seed in both rounds of singles pools. You're amazing.

King Kong - The best Bowser. Period. I really enjoyed our money match, next time we'll do a Mario vs Bowser one. I just wanted to see how I fared against your Bowser with Link after having played Vex in tournament before.

Gnes - I really enjoyed our set in pools. I love the Diddy match-up and playing you for the first time was really fun. Wyatt's got serious competition.

Fear - It was awesome getting to meet my Naruto buddy in person. lol. You made the right choice coming this weekend, just keep finding tournaments to go to and people to play and you'll get better in no time.

Diem - Shoutout to Diem for all his amazing shoutouts. God I missed you.

Lee Martin - You might be the nicest top player ever, along with Mikehaze and Havok. All I did was ask you about the Lucario/IC's match-up and you were so..cool about it. Say hi to Hyro for me.

Doom - SHIPPO CITY. Let's go.

M@V - The Falco's never see it coming.

Nexus - Nice meeting you in person. Donuts for the Top 12 will be my motivation to win from now on.

Delta-GOD - Good ****ing **** making it to the brackets with Yoshi. Way too amazing.

Nicole - Why is your Peach so good? The best Peach. THE BEST.

Cable/Gunblade - God it was so good to see you two again. You guys are amazing.

Shadow/Snakeee - Great seeing you two again too. Amazing job in singles, Shadow, and an amazing pools set in doubles, Snakeee.

Tutu - Ridiculous Sheik. Nuff said. Looking forward to seeing you again. My Minty sucks. D: rofl.

Bizkit - Great set in Doubles and Singles Pools. I enjoyed finally playing you in singles.

Swordgard - Sorry we didn't play our set in pools. I was a bit frustrated with my performance that round and wasn't mentally fit to fight an amazing Ice Climbers like yourself. Next time I see you I'll play you in a MM or something to make up for it.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
amazing tourney, like seriously the best ive ever been too. if i did shoutouts it would probably take to long but anyways GGs too everyone i played and MMed and in bracket. Even though i got a death pool 2nd round it was still really great because i got really good practice from top players. I cant wait till next apex or national i go too which will prob be apex anyway lol.

also who was that player that i MMed twice for 5$ early sunday?

Cable

Smash Lord
This was the best tourny ive ever been to i met alot of amazing ppl shoutout to everybody commentating on livestream was fun :)

Ppl plz give me more shoutouts i need to feel the love.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Why is it annoying? Everyone knows how to fight spacies at this point...I guess if you mean annoying like, boring?

Idk I saw tons of diversity.
Falco vs DK is like, 99-1

Your average Fox players eventually gets too boring to fight. Jman wannabes :/

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Wobbles, I don't actually think you're not good at this game, I just hate it and therefore you will receive relentless heckling from me.

I got a lot of the same thing in brawl when I started timing people out on a daily basis because of a tactic that simply wasn't banned so I abused it.

As much as I hate the tactic if it wasn't banned I would use it too, cuz there is really no reason to limit yourself.

Don't take what i say seriously

<3 robbles

lain

Smash Master
ok I'm going to step in right now to try and stop this bull**** rumor.

Anyone who knows Kiraflax knows that he wouldn't steal. he was accused on the sole basis that "He's weird." What the hell kind of reason is that!? That's like me saying someone stole my controller because he's black. Dumbest **** I've ever heard. Then you guys came on some kind of witch hunt to our room in the middle of the night accusing him of this. We talked about it then and thought it was settled. Kira was more than willing to let you guys look through his crap to try and find any trace of it too!

I'm not trying to make any enemies here and he doesn't either I'm sure. But seriously next time don't straight up accuse someone of stealing unless you know for certain who did it. Innocent until proven guilty guys.

So until you have some hard evidence to the contrary, I kindly ask that everyone stops accusing him of stealing from lain, when during the whole tournament, all I could hear coming from the brawl side was announcements about peoples crap going missing.

My suggestion: Next time you are in a room filled with other people that you barely know, keep your personal belongings on you. Or stop doing stupid drugs that will make you less aware of your surroundings.
We're not making up ****, and no, I wasn't "sooooo high" that I misjudged things. KiraFLAX IS A SHADY ******.

I slept in TKO's room on Saturday night. I knew everyone in that room--except for Kiraflax. I highly doubt people like TKO, Nicole, or Coney would take money from me. I knew everyone in the room at LEAST fairly well.

Another thing that led me to believe Kiraflax did it was the fact that he was the last person awake in the room BY FAR. Teh Future can confirm this for me (despite that fact that he was mad drunk lololol).

So I go about my day, I basically just gave up on the money cause when **** like that happens there's really nothing you can do about it. HOWEVER,

my guys from MI, Rofa, Bowyer, and PrincessTuTu all questioned him like Monday morning since I told them what happened to me, and who I knew was last awake in the room. They talked to him while in their car in front of the hotel that morning.

Rofa decided to give him the 3rd degree right off the bat, and basically accuse him outright and all that. Kiraflax acted VERY weird in response to this--not like a person who didn't do it would've acted. Kiraflax acted all "ohhhhhh omggggggg oh nooo dudeeee.... how did it happen??? like omgggg no wayyyyyyyyyy". A person who didn't steal the money and had no knowledge of something like this would be all "wtf? why are you staunchly accusing me? I know nothing dawg".

On top of the acting all weird to being called out, MID-CONVERSATION, he just starts walking away very quickly, and even did the whole check behind him right before he BOLTED through the front doors.

So OK, that's not that end of it. He acted ,mad ****ing weird from that, so we decide to go through the rooms to find him. Get this....

We get up on the fifth floor, and we're walking down a hallway. Lucky for us, Kiraflax walks out of his room down the hall, takes one look at us, and IMMEDIATELY bolts back into the room. Now he knew that this looked mad shady to us, so he came right back out. THAT IS SHADY PEOPLE. SHADDDDDDDDYYYYYY.

So we talked to him, confronted him, and after a long stalemate of him being a *****, I say "show me your wallet". The reason was because I had 2 $20's and a $10. This ***** bought day old bread from PrincessTuTu for $5. He's either dumb as hell or didn't care about the cost.

So he goes back in to look for the wallet, and Mew2King tells me "dude, could easily just hide the money and etc. GO IN AFTER HIM" so I do. Taj answers that door, Kiraflax hiding behind him like the ***** he is. We explain to Taj, Taj is tired as **** and didn't care what was going on, so I just let up and we left.

KIRAFLAX, YOU ARE A ****ING ***** AND A LIAR. IF I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN WITHOUT OTHER PEOPLE AROUND...

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
First off, thank you to Alex Strife, the rest of the staff, and VGBootcamp for running an amazing tournament. I had so much fun for three days.

1: DEHF: Congratulations for winning.
3: mew2king: Thanks for the advice during/after our pools set. GGs.
33: Kel: It was nice meeting and talking to you.
49: Deltacod: Good job making brackets. Thanks for the coaching vs. G&W. kadaj set.
Sharky: Nice seeing you again. Yoshi coaching (plus RJ, who also gets a shoutout within this shoutout) ftw. It's too bad you had to leave when you did. I also was never able to take you to the Grease Trucks. :(

GGs to everyone else in my pool (sephirothdotcom, SSR, Raidos, and Nakat) and to those I friendlied.

Also, a shoutout to that briefcase bomb in the hallway while they were interviewing the Japanese.

D1

Banned via Administration
*waves Staff badge all over pplz face when he's trying to reach an area barred off from the public*

"STAFF! STAFF! STAFF!" *smuggles a few non-staff smashers in the area w/o consent from Sarge*

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
KIRAFLAX, YOU ARE A ****ING ***** AND A LIAR. IF I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN WITHOUT OTHER PEOPLE AROUND...
Read your pm please. Because this thread is intended for shoutouts, not for trying to make people look bad or for threats.

And I was right next to Kira and Taj when the large group of you came to our door. maybe you should try threatening me too. Because a large group like that against a guy who can't even defend himself doesn't seem very fare does it?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Someone took one of my TVs at this. It was marked(poorly since I forgot to do it before leaving Mass with Tape in the shape of a cross on the top. If there's any chance you took it by mistake let me know. Otherwise, **** you. That **** is incredibly lame. On top of the two controllers, that was just... uhg.

On that note, I have a 4gb SD card I found in my car. I don't know whose it is, and I'd have to format it to view whats on it. People I gave rides to at this tourney include Aileen, Vermanubis, Prawn, Anti, The Japanese Players, Alex Strife. PM me if you're missing it, and we can try and figure out a way to get it returned.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Awesome tournament, I got back in Europe safe. I have a jetlag now so I'm really tired, I'll do shoutouts later. Alex Strife is awesome.

Prawn

Smash Master
Awesome tournament, I got back in Europe safe. I have a jetlag now so I'm really tired, I'll do shoutouts later. Alex Strife is awesome.
:o i didnt know you were from a different country

thats mad hype that we played :D

QUIVO

Smash Master
Lain always seems to have bad luck. Either that or he needs to step it up and take care of himself/his stuff better.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Lain, you should do what I do. I have a highlighter in my room where I leave a mark on all of my money :). That way, I can ask to check my brother and sister's money to see if they took it. Mark your property!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom