• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Apex 2010 Full Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I had originally wanted to do 32 pools for round 1 from the start (despite being pools of 8 people, we could have 2-3 TVs per pool) so we were even on a power of 2 right from the start ensuring the most accurate seeding as what Tant is alluding to, but I wasn't allowed to. Going to the 21 pools was the closest I could do to get it back on track.
Without doing too much math, i think 48 pools with some having 5 would have been the best route, ensuring 72 man bracket with top seeds getting byes, making it easier to shift them around when bracket came around.

Chibo understood what i meant, doom didnt, i cant really explain it any other way though

Edit: i understand this was super difficult, so i have no hate towards the bracket design, just pointing out that some of the bracket was guaranteed to be screwed over

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I love people saying step it up for the top players when themselves they do complete **** =P. Also, who cares about seeding, if you can't beat everyone in the world then you don't deserve to be a champion, simple as that.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
edit2: shippo why do you keep posting abou the seeding issues? its pretty annoying. there were ALOT of nj/ny/atlantic north people at this tourney that many of the good players played. you havent done ANYTHING in 2 years and a half and you want to be seeded with other players when it should be the notable people around here playing OOS players imo. they should get that luxury. not people who get last every tourney.

MAN..I THINK I LOVE YOU FOR HOW REAL YOU KEEP IT....lol

I want a hug next tourney..lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kage mutilated me in friendlies. He's too good. He has the triforce of power.

M@v

Subarashii!
Your right doom. Im a ****ing scrub that should quit brawl and kill himself. You got me.
Btw glad to see you take my trash talk lightly as its supposed to be taken ^_^

Will got a **** ton better in the past couple months, thats all there is to it. Props to him.

I do agree with you about chaos marth though. Honestly only alex should of touched the pools, but that's imo.

rhan

Smash Hero
I love people saying step it up for the top players when themselves they do complete **** =P. Also, who cares about seeding, if you can't beat everyone in the world then you don't deserve to be a champion, simple as that.
Reading this was so inspirational. And it also reminded me of that Spartan from 300.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Your right doom. Im a ****ing scrub that should quit brawl and kill himself. You got me.
Btw glad to see you take my trash talk lightly as its supposed to be taken ^_^

Will got a **** ton better in the past couple months, thats all there is to it. Props to him.

I do agree with you about chaos marth though. Honestly only alex should of touched the pools, but that's imo.
No, Will's pretty much always been just that good. Lol at you basing your opinion of his skill on a couple matches at the hotel that he sandbagged you in. I'd take your "trash talk" pretty seriously when you're saying you have a shot at taking out almost the entire state of New York in a crew battle and can't even get ranked in PA.

And no. Alex doesn't keep up with the scene and is not the best pick for seeding pools or brackets. He knows this himself. The ability to seed is not what makes him an amazing TO--it's his connections, credentials, devotion, and people skills. He understands that seeding is not his field and leaves that to others.

M@v

Subarashii!
No, Will's pretty much always been just that good. Lol at you basing your opinion of his skill on a couple matches at the hotel that he sandbagged you in. I'd take your "trash talk" pretty seriously when you're saying you have a shot at taking out almost the entire state of New York in a crew battle and can't even get ranked in PA.

And no. Alex doesn't keep up with the scene and is not the best pick for seeding pools or brackets. He knows this himself.
I didnt get ranked because I was in Florida for an internship for the whole previous rankings season, so i couldnt be ranked due to inactivity.

And I never played him in the hotel O.o

I played him to a bunch of matches at MLG.

I beat him with Falco and he beat my marth. He had to be sandbagging harder than brood did vs chibo and pierced if he was this good back then.

And I apologize about offending you. I never want to make enemies here, because the community is way too awesome to do that. We should play some matches regardless next time I see you though. Friendlies/mm, it doesnt really matter.:)

I'm just not going to talk trash again, because even if I mean it lightly, someone takes it serious, which I can understand. So its my dumb fault to begin with.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Okay, hotel or actually at MLG, doesn't matter. They were friendlies. Yes, he was definitely sandbagging the **** out of you. Most good players do that in friendlies. I'm guilty of it as well, but looking to change it. I'm pretty sure that your inactivity has nothing to do with it either, lol, but let's leave that alone.

M@v

Subarashii!
I honestly couldnt tell you if I would of been ranked or not. But regardless, I wouldn't of known since I was away :/. But yeah, no point arguing over something that will never be known :3

I only sandbag when I know for sure I'm mming the person later that tourney. And that's only so I can learn how they play. Tons of friendlies at large tourneys is the best way to get better imo.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Yeah, Lobos, when she came on the mic I was in the melee room watching some friends and I froze in place and almost busted out laughing. :laugh:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Was any of the Brawl livestream recorded? Like not specific matches just the whole thing. I've seen other tournies record entire livestreams also, they were seperated into parts though.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
7: Zhu
9: Dashizwiz
9: Eggm
9: Vanz
9: Hax

Who beat them in losers?

M@v

Subarashii!
Mav you said we'd MM on swf, I ask you offline and it never happened =(
I was having a bad day on friday, sorry. Next tourney catch me again I promise I will :3.

Saturday I wanted to focus on the tourney itself.

I still want to play you. You making DC?

Banks

Smash Hero
Welp, glad I made bracket but I think I could've done a bit better. All in all, this was a great tournament.

Shoutouts

Teams Pools:
Inui + Vex = you guys are pretty darn good for mostly-brawling smashers. you also had superior teamwork that set so good stuff

IB + AfroChris = close azz games, even the uneeded tiebreaker set. sorry about the confusion..but at least me and Solar got to think we made the bracket for a good 20 minutes lmao

Everyone else = good games!

Singles Pools 1:

Unknown522: lol @ pichu and marth...at least both got to try something fresh out. i don't think I woulda won fox v sheik on stadium anyway. i'ma work on a secret weapon for fox hehe

ultimascout: very solid marth and falcon, even though both have a hard time against sheik our matches were def good stuff

tran/sam/nub: good games, i enjoyed all our sets. the guy who went marth and fox (sam the digital i think?), those games were especially close

Singles Pools 2:

tec0: I need something else vs fox, I feel so much worse than usual when I play someone around your skill level who has a good fox. I'll figure something out by rom hopefully

m2k: gay sheik dittos, lol at u cg me then killing yourself when we realized our agreement to no cg had been misunderstood. still lost both games tho, guess it didn't matter

sanuzi: close games, I like the falco matchup. they were close and i was worried i wouldn't make it out if u beat me but alas i was victorious!

magus: sick puff, i was secretly glad when you went falcon second game lol. your falcon got some **** *** combos on peach tho, i saw

solar: sucks we had to play, but i guess it happens. i'm glad i was playing well, because you were as well and i had to make sure to be safe ;o

bracket:

warriorknight: ****! our games were close, made it all the more painful. I don't like or dislike sheik dittos, but i thank you for agreeing to no cg to make them more fun. I was hoping you would go some low tier =p. but gg'z I hope to play you again at RoM or some tristate event i make it out to

chillindude: you ****ing ***** me. It's a john, but I truly do feel I was tired and playing worse than usual, sucks that our set was the only one of me recorded and i look like a tard changing into zelda etc. shiiiiiiiit....aside from that, even if i had been playing good you still woulda won probably, you got back into shape since my moment of fame at P4. never forget...

MM's:
Tag$: Def some of the more fun sets of the weekend, all the falco games were close as balls. i hate fox, but those were good too lol. I'ma get that falco at RoM, bring money bro!

Kage: If there ever was a set where I feel like I ***** the crap out of someone combo-wise and somehow managed to lose, that would have been it. LOL. we have to redo that =(......

Shiz: WTF @ stadium, that was just hopeless. I tried my hardest on bf not to repeat that, and I'm glad for 1 stock games but would have been happier with at least one win. Oh well, hopefully no one caught the first game lmfao.

Other peeps/friendlies:

HBOX: I whooped dat falco's azz. your bird is weird as hell lol. only got to play your puff once and i started off good and ended up getting rested twice as i expected. i'm used to it. sup darc

PC Christopher: Thanks for trying to wrestle me to the ground in the morning when I was about to faint, but I still wasn't having it. I'm too jacked for that bro. I liked the few games we played. I got a bit better, you got a bit worse. It's nice. 33rd place for life

Milktea: good to see you, asian female smasher. no hotel party this time for me, but I think I'm glad I wasn't at that one from what I hear....LOL. good teams friendlies too

G$: If you lose to me with fox you might as well quit him. jk LOL but good stuff in that mm and making it into bracket

alukard: sheik for 33rd. You have a surprisingly good and technical falco, which was all i got to play of yours. FD sucks tho

jman: yea I knew you weren't quitting you whippersnapper. nice talking to you and watching you play. we didn't play but I'll see you again soon

axe: i didn't know pikachu could be that good. I've literally never seen you play because I don't watch youtube vids with pikachu in it (lol), and you don't use pika vs sheik in friendlies. I was sooprized

hyuga: sick puff. and lol we weren't in the same pool, and I think we have been every time we're both at the same tournament. You are a gentleman with rests in friendlies

smashmac: nice to finally meet and play you, sheik vs doc is fun. for sheik. but your doc is **** anyway in the face of extreme ******ry

toasty: that marth is more suave than i knew. thanks for the good times and the bro-osity of bro-ness that we shared

eggm: waveshine waveshine. I like playing with you, we don't ever enough. I need fox practice so I'll hunt you down next time

plank: fun friendlies with a bunch of characters. tall skinny blond guys who main sheik and use marth and spacies in friendlies are the best imo

cyrain: you're more gooder than i thought you were, altho i knew you were good

swift: I'm sure there were other people who got screwed, but not making it into the bracket given the pool you were in sucked hard, because you clearly were a top 48 player who didn't make top 48.

tope: we didn't play, but sheik dittos are pretty gay anyway right?

prog: thanks for recording, nice 1.5 friendlies lol

eggz: ***** that mario in one friendly, I guess you didn't get revenge. But you probably would have if we got around to it. **** fox etc

Hayato: your a smart player mangz. my only advice from our friendlies is don't play samus vs sheik (lol) and try to just speed up your game a tad. I think thats the main reason i was winning, but you have so much exp that you make very smart decisions still.

silentwolf: didn't talk much but nice to see ya. good stuff in bracket

hax: didn't have to play sadly. i sure love me some falcon/sheik games.

nando: you are a mini-hax, perhaps you shall become a mega-hax. you **** marth pretty good too, only turbo*** sheik stands in your way lol

Mattdotzeb: You know, when you are playing good, you are amazingly good. Then there's other times when you mess up everything =p, but everyone fluctuates. You just seem to do it a bit more so. If you got consistent it would almost be like you lived in Maine. (jk <3 mass)

Irish Mafia: Yea, you definitely need to work on the sheik matchup. You sort of fall into a pattern when you are losing. nervous dsmash, random fairs or w/e. Idk, just play a bunch of sheiks. well in NE there aren't many, but still

Fats: Nice to meet you bro. brawl that **** up

Hotel/Car

Jinjo: You got more solid from this I would say. You kept your composure vs good players and did very well. You made it a round further than you did at Pound, keep moving up brah

Solar: Fun azz **** the whole weekend, we did good in teams too despite the one loss stat ****. Just gotta start out strong vs everyone instead of realizing we need to beat some good team to make bracket and then playing extra nice

th0rn: good job fox slayer

roman: you da man, one of my favorite smashers that better not quit. mu****a

Arc: nice to hang with you. I need to play you a lot sometime soon

Zoso: nice to see you, we didn't play but I'm sure you'll be at something round these parts

KevinM: sucks you didn't do as well as you wanted to

Hailey: Good stuff winning a set in pools, you make people quit left and right LOL

and LASTLY, I played a ****load of people some of whom I got names from and some I didn't, but fun times everyone.

If anyone has video of a blue sheik with no tag it mighta been me (pretty sure I played on Epsilon 's tv i think?) vs (hbox)jigglypuff then a red falco, G$'s green fox one game, and alukard's red falco, it might be me. I don't remember if they wore tags or not. Or if it was even recording at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom