• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Mewter

Smash Master
Are those 6 (8?) pictures that were released still the only pictures available?

I hope they change the game's plot a little, and add some new dungeons and change the old ones up.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I hope nothing is changed. And, the only thing they do is add stuff. Such as another temple after you beat the game.

And, I hope you can replay the boss battles like in Majora's Mask.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I hope nothing is changed. And, the only thing they do is add stuff. Such as another temple after you beat the game.
Maybe an optional dungeon with a special something inside, like in Link's Awakening DX.

And make the player actually use the Ice Arrows in OOT! :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'd actually like if all the dungeons were redesigned to match the 3DS's standards. Their designs in the original port were done so to accommodate the N64 controller, but now we have a new controller and a new play mechanic: 3D. They could really pull off something spectacular. They're remaking Ocarina of Time but for a totally new handheld console with 3D-capabilities. We've all played through the original dungeons so many times now, so it'd be nice to treat us with new puzzles.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this remake need have rebuilds temples, and dificulty level to select
(easy, normal, hard)

Maybe an optional dungeon with a special something inside, like in Link's Awakening DX.

And make the player actually use the Ice Arrows in OOT! :laugh:
i agree with yours 2 points, maybe a special dungeon and make the fire an ice arrows usefull and important to solve puzzles in temples

Masky

Smash Master
honestly, I am not very confident in Nintendo making new dungeons for OoT nowadays, idk why but their dungeon design just doesn't seem as good, especially since it would probably be the "portable zelda" team that would be working on it instead of the console people. a new, additional dungeon that takes advantage of the 3DS's capabilities would be awesome though (like the Color dungeon in Link's Awakening DX)

X1-12

Smash Champion
Infinite...sword glitch? Whassat? I know of the infinite bottles thing and the Swordless Link but I never heard of that one.
The sword 'hitbox' is always out when you are carrying it so if you just run past an enemy you register like 3 hits per second on them even without swinging. I dunno how you do it

@Water temple

I've never even been remotely annoyed with the boots, all I can say to make the whole experience less painful is to work it level by level. Do not change the water level unless you have explored every currently available room. this helps in 2 ways
A) means the layout becomes less confusing
B) you tend to do all the underwater bits together then all the over water bits together. you should do less boot changing

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Yeah, but if you get lost it becomes very irritating having to pause every couple of minutes just trying to figure out where to go. It seems everyone hates the Water Temple because most people get stumped the first time they play, and in addition to running around figuring out what to do, you're pausing the game all the time to switch the boots on/off.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that the touch screen turns out to be the item selection screen, so switching boots will only take a simple tap of the touch screen.

Spire

III
BRoomer
First footage of the game

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vusCtrcemkI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vusCtrcemkI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Tacel

Smash Lord
^ Oh. My. God. This is going to be fan-fricking-tast-mazing-ic.
I can't even express how excited I am for this game.

I haven't been this excited about a video game since Brawl.

Actually
OoT3DS+SS=Brawlx9,000

EDIT: No. This is going to be melerifinilical.

finalark

SNORLAX
I wish we had more than just a little opening cinematic but at this point I'll take what I can get.

A friend of mine once said, "You know, if Nintendo were to remake OoT everybody would be all over it, right?"

He was right. I'm sure that Miyamoto will consider remaking several other games for the 3DS after he sees all of the money that they will get from this.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The graphics look like gamecube
I remember telling my friends that it was only a matter of time until the Gamecube was essentially a handheld. It's really weird to basically see that "prophecy" come to life. I want a 3DS so badly.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's a tad off-topic, but did you all see the Resident Evil trailer for the DS? I bet Nintendo could seriously pump out something awesome if they wanted as far as the Zelda franchise goes. Though honestly, Kid Icarus may become the "Zelda" of this handheld. Meaning less support for Zelda games on the 3DS outside of this remake.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's a tad off-topic, but did you all see the Resident Evil trailer for the DS? I bet Nintendo could seriously pump out something awesome if they wanted as far as the Zelda franchise goes. Though honestly, Kid Icarus may become the "Zelda" of this handheld. Meaning less support for Zelda games on the 3DS outside of this remake.
Except for the fact that Aonuma said this:
“With the Nintendo 3DS, all of the new elements and the 3D technology is perfect for The Legend Of Zelda series. It’s everything from the depth that you get from riding through vistas or a more accurate sense of distance between you and the enemy you are fighting. I think it is perfect for this series. Of course we are very excited to see what it can do.”
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/aonuma-3ds-is-perfect-for-zelda-series/

I bet TP gets a sequel on the 3DS. I don't want it, but it's bound to happen. I'd like to see the toon series effectively die now that the DS age is ending and because the 3DS is capable of such better graphics. Aonuma even said that they decided to take the toon route when making the DS games because the graphical quality of the system was best suited for the deformed, cartoon look that WW introduced, which is why they never made any N64-styled Zelda games for the handheld.

Also, I have a hunch that they'll remake Majora's Mask also, what with the growing love for the game now and the fact that the Razor Sword was shown clashing with the Master Sword in that 3DS demonstration video where all the objects were flying out of the screen at Nintendo's E3 press conference. That video also suggests that there will be Mario and Donkey Kong games on the 3DS (a given) along with the confirmed Star Fox 64 remake. If they go the route of remaking both OoT and MM, I would love for them to just one-up those two games with a sequel to MM, effectively forming a Hero of Time trilogy to end his story once and for all. Honestly, with their focus on and around OoT since it debuted on the N64, this would be the perfect time and place to conclude their revolution around the game so that they could 'reboot' the series (so to speak).

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Alright, you've sold me. lol In my mind though, Project Sora seemed to have gained Kid Icarus enough steam to become the mascot of this system. Even above Mario the way they were talking at E3. But again I agree, Zelda seems to be gaining steam for reasons I can't really decipher. OoT remake will probably just be enough to hold us over until a 3DS Zelda game is announced.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think the 3DS is going to change Zelda just as much as Wii Motion Plus is with SS. Man, if they could just somehow merge the two together then we'd truly have something totally new for the franchise. What I find interested is that circa TP, PH, and ST, technology was no longer changing the series much, so the fans began debating more and more about the timeline, concluding that the series could now only innovate with the change in the lore behind the games rather than the controls, but now with huge advancements in technology and the great investments Nintendo is making in this tech with Zelda, we are going to experience real changes to how we play these games. SS is going to usher in a new era of console Zeldas, hopefully effectively rubbing out OoT as the basis for games (just as OoT was made as a prequel to ALttP and subsequently became the basis for every game up to SS, perhaps SS will have the same effect since it's a prequel to OoT), and the OoT remake will open an inviting doorway to the capabilities of the 3DS as a revolutionary handheld system for a parallel future to the series.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
So basically....Nintendo has just been buying time with TP/PH/ST in order to do a huge renovation to the series. At least that's certainly how it looks and feels, and it's all very exciting. I just hope they remake some of the other games as well, like ALttP and LA (basically, the harder games to find). They've remade OoT so many times, but now they should really focus on remaking other games as well.

At least, that's how I feel.

:034:

finalark

SNORLAX
I agree with Ganonsburg. Don't get me wrong, I loved OoT but it would be nice if Nintendo focused on the other Zelda titles.

Spire

III
BRoomer
They've never remade OoT before, only re-released it. Master Quest is not considered a remake because it is the localized version of Ura Zelda, which Miyamoto jumpstarted immediately following OoT's success in '98 and '99.

ALttP was technically 'remade' for the GBA, as certain elements in the game including dialog were retconned and rehashed. Graphically it looks identical, but it is considered a remake rather than a port. Aside from LoZ BS and ALttP GBA, there have been no true remakes of any of the titles in the series, so it's only natural that OoT receive this treatment. If MM ends up being remade for the 3DS also, that's a good indicator that Nintendo knows what's best for Zelda.

Tacel

Smash Lord
They should make a 3D version of A Link to the Past. Not for the 3DS, but the Wii.
That. Would. Be. Amazing.

And, I don't think that the sword in the 3DS trailer was the Razor Sword, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Maybe I shouldn't have said remake. A remake or re-release, either or, of other Zelda titles would be great.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
...If MM ends up being remade for the 3DS also, that's a good indicator that Nintendo knows what's best for Zelda.
:link:
If that happens Spire(which ever since Ocarina of Time was shown for 3DS, I've been hoping for so badly), I can say, with confidence, I will be a very happy person, and my life would be near-complete. /partial exaggeration

But seriously, this game would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING with the 3DS technology, with the Moon itself pointing out to me in a big way. Imagine when the Moon's Tear falls, in 3D! Gorgeous.

Also, extra dungeon, anyone?

I really hope the success of OoT for 3DS will bring a MM remake.

@TheAceLucario:
Hmm, I really do hope so. ;)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
And, I don't think that the sword in the 3DS trailer was the Razor Sword, but perhaps I'm mistaken.
That's really interesting, they do look oddly similar... I don't know, maybe that's a new design for the Kokiri Sword or some type of new sword. Or maybe it's a model that will just end up getting scrapped, and it doesn't even matter.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It kind of looks like the sword Ganondorf has in one of his Melee victory poses.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It also looks like the scrap iron weapons that the Orcs use in LotR, albeit much more high quality. That kind of says to me it's simply supposed to be one of Link's orcish enemies.

Combined with what Spire said, either of these would make sense.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Does anybody notice the Master Sword under the shield <_<.

Anyways, Ocarina of Time remake is gonna be sick. I hope they throw in an extra quest or extra dungeon. Because, I have played through OoT and MQ soooo many times I know the game like the back of my hand.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel this will be exactly like Wiimakes. Where they just adapt the game to the new console in order to line up a new release on the handheld. You saw what they did with the Wii and Metroid, and the unfulfilled destiny of Pikmin. Anyways, I wouldn't expect anything new with the old titles. If anything I'd like a Seasons and Ages revamp to better graphics on this handheld.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I feel this will be exactly like Wiimakes. Where they just adapt the game to the new console in order to line up a new release on the handheld. You saw what they did with the Wii and Metroid, and the unfulfilled destiny of Pikmin. Anyways, I wouldn't expect anything new with the old titles. If anything I'd like a Seasons and Ages revamp to better graphics on this handheld.
Except for the fact that the graphics are being completely redone and the gameplay/menu system revamped to line up with the streamlining concept that Skyward Sword has introduced. Among any other changes they're willing to make.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
If Aonuma apologizes for the complications of switching boots in the Water Temple and promises to make that and other item switching so much more fluid, then I assume this remake won't falter like the inexplicable failure of the New Play Control games.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This is one of the reasons I'm getting a 3DS. The other two being Kid Icarus and Paper Mario.

Top Bottom