• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'd take this AND Kid Icarus.

I'm most interesting in the remade menu, streamlining it like SS.
:p I have to watch how much money I spend. My girlfriend is all for games, but we can't spend everything on them. We have to get 2 3DS's, so that's a big chunk of change right there.

If I had to pick ONE game. She'd probably get Kid Icarus, I'd get Zelda, and we'd share. So I'd...get both too I guess?

What is streamlining?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Streamlining, meaning making the items accessible at all times immediately from gameplay. Like the way in SS you hit B to bring up the item wheel in the middle of gameplay, rather than pausing to bring the menu up.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Streamlining, meaning making the items accessible at all times immediately from gameplay. Like the way in SS you hit B to bring up the item wheel in the middle of gameplay, rather than pausing to bring the menu up.
Ah yes, I love games like that. Gives it a very realistic feel. In adventure games I like it anyways, in RPGs it can be meh.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Why? I dont get whats everyone's problem with that temple. I never got stuck there...:/. I hope they include some extra dungeons and majoras mask. It'd be awesome. Oh and difficulty selection would be cool too.

I remember the water temple being a bit annoying due to getting lost a couple of times, or having to constantly change boots, but I never found it that repulsive that I wanted it changed.

Actually, I surprised to find that one segment of the dungeon can be ignored because one of the rooms is locked, and all teh way at the end of this locked room is another key. So, you can actually just skip this segment and use up all the keys in the rest of the dungeon the other doors, and never be able to get back into that room to get the chest in there.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Water Temple is really not that bad. The reason I got really stuck the first couple times is because I always missed the hole in the ground in one of the rooms where you raise the water level.

And with the new menu, switching the boots shouldn't be irritating at all.

And with the new menu, switching the boots shouldn't be irritating at all.
Depends upon the rest of the changes they make to the game >_>

The one thing that has annoyed me most about the DS is the crappy layout of the inputs. I mean the awkwardness of holding the DS with one hand and trying to use the stylus with the other. In the end, all the games I end up liking stayed true to minimal touch screen interaction and simply had you using x,y, b, a, etc. and nothing else. Any games trying to make you dual wield the stylus and d-pad ended in failure in my books. Modern Warfare on the DS I demoed once and it was ugly. Traditional dual handed method with minimal stylus usage is how I hope the game is played.

On a side note in addtion to talking about zelda, who thinks the 3DS is really a next generation handheld instead of a simple v1.80 like DS lite or DS XL?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Depends upon the rest of the changes they make to the game >_>

The one thing that has annoyed me most about the DS is the crappy layout of the inputs. I mean the awkwardness of holding the DS with one hand and trying to use the stylus with the other. In the end, all the games I end up liking stayed true to minimal touch screen interaction and simply had you using x,y, b, a, etc. and nothing else. Any games trying to make you dual wield the stylus and d-pad ended in failure in my books. Modern Warfare on the DS I demoed once and it was ugly. Traditional dual handed method with minimal stylus usage is how I hope the game is played.

On a side note in addtion to talking about zelda, who thinks the 3DS is really a next generation handheld instead of a simple v1.80 like DS lite or DS XL?
Metroid Prime: Hunters was pretty good with a "dual-wielding" control scheme, but it takes a while to get used to it. The World Ends With You was also an amazing game that used that control style.

Yes, it's a next generation handheld. This has been confirmed by Nintendo multiple times, and the specs of the 3DS itself are significantly better than the original DS's.

I'm still looking forward to replaying this game.

Godbrother11225

Smash Apprentice
Why? I dont get whats everyone's problem with that temple. I never got stuck there...:/. I hope they include some extra dungeons and majoras mask. It'd be awesome. Oh and difficulty selection would be cool too.
1.did you use a guide or something? XD
2. I remember having to restart my game twice because i used the key on the wrong door. and it gets tedious having to open the menu to equip and unequip the iron boots. :confused:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
2. I remember having to restart my game twice because i used the key on the wrong door. and it gets tedious having to open the menu to equip and unequip the iron boots. :confused:
why do people say this, the water temple was never hard. most temples don't take over 2 mins.
Both of these are wrong. There's NO way to screw yourself that you have to restart the entire game, and there's also no way to beat any of the temples in 2 minutes without using an emulator or glitches. Maybe the Deku Tree, but that's about it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Maybe I'm weird, but I found the undead temple more annoying, because I'd fall off the platforms. Lol. I'm just pretty clumsy though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Water Temple is fantastic. The obnoxious pausing to switch boots is the only downside. The hatred toward it is almost lemming-like. It's just the cool thing to do to hate on the Water Temple.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I never heard Water Temple complaints until I started foruming. It's a total trend.

Oh, except for back on the bus in sophomore year in high school. Some kids were complaining about it, but they probably got it from the internet.

EDIT: People also nitpick at the Water Temple because there's nothing else to hate about OoT. The game is just too good.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
They should use the mic in the new one.

"Boots on... Boots off... Boots on-NO BOOTS OFF! OFF! OFF YOU &&$(&%"

*throws 3DS*

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Water Temple is fantastic. The obnoxious pausing to switch boots is the only downside. The hatred toward it is almost lemming-like. It's just the cool thing to do to hate on the Water Temple.
I don't honestly know why people complain about Water Temple. It was a maze, and the fun is in figuring it out, I don't see why people can complain about that.

Water Temple was my favorite temple in OOT. Period.

Switching boots was kinda annoying, but not enough to phase me in any real way.

Masky

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get stuck in the Water Temple by using the key on the wrong door

libertyernie

Smash Ace
Speaking of keys, Ganon's Tower in LttP has an unlockable door that basically sends you through a bunch of pointless rooms and at the end gives you another key. It's basically just a waste of time, not a game-breaker.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get stuck in the Water Temple by using the key on the wrong door
Um, yeah, it does. I remember having to restart my game just because of that. Either that or I accidentally glitched into an area that I wasn't supposed to or something but whatever.

Actually I'm going to go look this up.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I hope that when you open a treasure chest with rupees in it, that you put it back for later if it doesn't fit in your wallet. I really liked that in Twilight Princess.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Really? I completely hated that. Maybe that's because I always had max rupees because there's barely anything to spend them on. I hate going around in a dungeon opening the same couple of treasure chests over and over because I forgot they just have rupees.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Um, yeah, it does. I remember having to restart my game just because of that. Either that or I accidentally glitched into an area that I wasn't supposed to or something but whatever.

Actually I'm going to go look this up.
I hate to get all technical with debate and whatnot, but how do you know you were stuck? Sorry, but wandering a ton unable to progress just means you didn't know where to recover the next key. I think you restarted needlessly. You can use keys in different order. >_>

rhan

Smash Hero
Water Temple you can't get stuck. I swear there's a key in every room you have to open a key with.

Eh my head hurts right now and I might sounds kinda dumb explaining things. But I know for a fact you CANNOT GET STUCK IN THE WATER TEMPLE!

finalark

SNORLAX
I hate to get all technical with debate and whatnot, but how do you know you were stuck? Sorry, but wandering a ton unable to progress just means you didn't know where to recover the next key. I think you restarted needlessly. You can use keys in different order. >_>
I don't remember, it was years ago. But after looking into it, no you can't break the game with the Water Temple. It just looks that way some times and is pretty **** frustrating and annoying.

Ugh... not looking forward to playing through it again in OoT 3DS.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I don't remember, it was years ago. But after looking into it, no you can't break the game with the Water Temple. It just looks that way some times and is pretty **** frustrating and annoying.

Ugh... not looking forward to playing through it again in OoT 3DS.
When you play through it again I doubt you'll find it that hard, unless you let yourself make it that hard. It honestly isn't that bad, aside from the annoying boots (which are particularly annoying after playing TP).

Is anyone concerned about how many items you can map at a given point? In PH and ST (both DS games), you could only map one item for use. Although maybe with the 3DS now that the D-pad isn't needed for movement they'll make that item mapping or something.

:034:

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if they've fixed the DoT skip/RBA bugs/Infinite sword glitch and whatnot. Wouldn't be as much fun without them..

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, you gotta find Tim and then ask him for it. He might not give it up though.
[collapse=The Enchanter]
[/collapse]
I was thinking yesterday about how Nintendo retconned and changed up the dialog and story in the GBA ALttP remake. I wonder how much they'll change (if any) in OoT to match up with the succeeding games? What could be good is that by 'fixing' OoT up, they'll be labeling the original game as non-canon, essentially putting more weight on the later games that OoT 3DS is being retconned to match up with. Aonuma said that he wants to tie all of the games together, so this might be the key. OoT was the basis for every game after it, so now it's time to use those 11 games (and the preceding 4 before OoT) as the basis for OoT 3DS. They could expand OoT 3DS to be that one Zelda game that has lore elements tying to all of the other games.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
[collapse=The Enchanter]
[/collapse]
I was thinking yesterday about how Nintendo retconned and changed up the dialog and story in the GBA ALttP remake. I wonder how much they'll change (if any) in OoT to match up with the succeeding games? What could be good is that by 'fixing' OoT up, they'll be labeling the original game as non-canon, essentially putting more weight on the later games that OoT 3DS is being retconned to match up with. Aonuma said that he wants to tie all of the games together, so this might be the key. OoT was the basis for every game after it, so now it's time to use those 11 games (and the preceding 4 before OoT) as the basis for OoT 3DS. They could expand OoT 3DS to be that one Zelda game that has lore elements tying to all of the other games.
I don't know what retconned means...but when they remade Alttp they changed the storyline and stuff? Didn't know that, BUT are you saying you hope they alter the storyline of OoT a bit, even if subtly so that it helps the timeline connect?

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't know what retconned means...but when they remade Alttp they changed the storyline and stuff? Didn't know that, BUT are you saying you hope they alter the storyline of OoT a bit, even if subtly so that it helps the timeline connect?
Retconning is when you go back and tweak details or plot points from earlier in a story in order to match up to the current plot.

Masky

Smash Master
If they move the master sword and temple of time to the forest in OoT 3DS that'll definitely require huge changes

Spire

III
BRoomer
If they move the master sword and temple of time to the forest in OoT 3DS that'll definitely require huge changes
This. Change Hyrule up so that it matches TP Hyrule's layout more and bam. Though judging from the screenshots released thus far, Zora's River is still located to the east, so no hope in that department.

Top Bottom