• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I -just- beat Master Quest but I would buy this. Nintendo is going crazy...

AngryMoblyn1881

Smash Journeyman
My gawd! Does that mean I have to buy another F***ing DS?!?!?!?! I JUST bought a DSI!!!!!!! Not fair, nintendo hit me below the belt... yet again.

... Depressed... so... very depressed

Spire

III
BRoomer
Shouldn't have bought a DSi.

I added a composed image of the known six images to the OP ;)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I kinda don't like how link's face looks but other than that, this is great news!

finalark

SNORLAX
Shouldn't have bought a DSi.
I could have told you that, I bought mine about a month after it was launched. Second worst choice in my gaming career.

I think this year's E3 reminded me why I ever loved Nintendo in the first place.

Come on Nintendo, make it good!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I could have told you that, I bought mine about a month after it was launched. Second worst choice in my gaming career.

I think this year's E3 reminded me why I ever loved Nintendo in the first place.

Come on Nintendo, make it good!
Nintendo > Sony > the Rest for life. And dude, why'd you buy DSi? It had "Cash-stealer" written all over it. <.<

finalark

SNORLAX
Nintendo > Sony > the Rest for life. And dude, why'd you buy DSi? It had "Cash-stealer" written all over it. <.<
Because the DS had been out for like, five years and I was still playing the GBASP at the time. I was down at Costco and saw it pretty good bundle it came in and thought "Yeah, I should probably get a DS." I really wish I had done some research on it before buying by faith.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I added a composed image of the known six images to the OP ;)

As for buying a new DS... I still have DS Phat believe it or not. Didn't even pick up DS Lite (despite me wanting to). Luckily, my sister has one that she barely uses and it's pretty much my own :)

I was considering picking up a DSi XL, but I'm going to wait on a release date/price for 3DS at the moment.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah... I saw the DS dying, and DSi was NOT the replacing system. So I was like, f that.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Man, this looks incredible! Link and Epona look just like the concept art. I'm totally stoked for this, this is insane.

EDIT: Is it just me, or does this seem to have a strikingly similar art style to SS?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
yeah, I might end up selling my DSi now to get the most profit and then wait out until the 3DS arrives

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't really care about this? Is that wierd? I love OOT but another re-relaese doesn't thrill me. But then again I don't really get excited about unreleased games (hence why I don't care to post in zelda Wii thread since E3) I would just rather play OoT again on N64 than bother playing this, especially when it means I have to buy a 3DS (I don't even own a handheld his GBA)

Spire

III
BRoomer
This isn't a re-release, this is a remake in more contemporary 3D. If that's not enough to excite you, then man...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I wonder if (and if so what kind) the game will have any new features (side quests, easter eggs, etc.).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I'd kinda rather see them leave a classic the way it is. I wish it and SS would get difficulty levels like Metroid though. Makes it more fun for the hardcore people >.>. And I prefer harder difficulties than skipping items to make it harder.

Tacel

Smash Lord
This is the greatest day of my life.
They are remaking Star Fox 64 and (possibly) Ocarina of Time. Who knows what other N64 games they could remake. Mario 64, Kirby Crystsl Shards, MAJORA'S MASK...
It's a great way to sell the 3DS.

Spire

III
BRoomer
This is the greatest day of my life.
They are remaking Star Fox 64 and (possibly) Ocarina of Time. Who knows what other N64 games they could remake. Mario 64, Kirby Crystsl Shards, MAJORA'S MASK...
It's a great way to sell the 3DS.
OoT is confirmed dude. They just didn't want to announce it yet.

finalark

SNORLAX
I wonder if (and if so what kind) the game will have any new features (side quests, easter eggs, etc.).
Some things I'd like them to add in:

- Master Quest as a "hard" difficulty mode
- Unlockable Majora's Mask after you beat the game
- A series of challenge dungeons that are made to put all of your skills to the test
- Additional Side Quests
- Nods to later Zeldas
- Revised and improved Dialog and cenimatics
- TP (or close to) quality graphics if they could manage it

Tacel

Smash Lord
OoT is confirmed dude. They just didn't want to announce it yet.
Well, I didn't want to jynx it and anything could happen.

I just watched the 3DS video with Satoru Iwata, Shigeru Miyamoto, and Reggie again and I just realized that the swords and Hylian Shield probably secretly meant OoT remake.

I'm so happy right now. :bee:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The Forest Temple is going to be freaky as hell in 3D, I can see it now. That tunnel and the Minotaur's speeding towards you, my god.

I do hope for an expansion to the world as well. If there were more side quest, especially in the form of interaction with the town folk, I would be incredibly pleased.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Forest Temple is going to be freaky as hell in 3D, I can see it now. That tunnel and the Minotaur's speeding towards you, my god.

I do hope for an expansion to the world as well. If there were more side quest, especially in the form of interaction with the town folk, I would be incredibly pleased.
Seeing as how the other remakes seem to have expanded content (like Kingdom Hearts, etc.), I wouldn't be surprised at all if OoT has more content. I'm just amazed on too many levels right now.

And holy **** Forest Temple.

finalark

SNORLAX
That's it, my mind has officially been toughly blown.

I believe that June 15 should become a national holiday now. Good, today was just.... man. Today is a good day to be a Nintendo fan.

EDIT: Holy crap imagine the twisted hallway in 3D.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master

Yeah, that part with the minotaurs scared me in the original OoT, imagine with better graphics :O.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm too busy imagining Ganondorf's transformation into Ganon in 3D with 3DS graphics, holy ****ing ****!

What about Beamos shooting beams at you? Or the brown smoke stuff that flies at you when Dead Hand appears? Or when a Floor Master turns green and hovers toward you? My pants are stained from just the thought of it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Now that you guys are mentioning all this, I'm sort of wondering how the Great Fairies will look. o_o

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I want them to add some visual effects to the Red Deads when you are frozen in fear, the world becoming distorted and difficult to comprehend, depth being impossible to determine, would work wonders if done correctly in 3D.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Oh God...remake of OoT= Water Temple all over again...

They seriously better do something about that temple to make it easier.

And yes, 3D Forest Temple is very freaky when I think about it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Forest Temple? What about Jabu-Jabu and the Shadow Temple in 3D? :laugh:
Don't really think those will be enhanced by 3D as much. A walking boar thing with a giant spear charging at you, a tunnel that's meant to distort your vision, these are the first things I thought of when I heard about the game being in 3D.

Top Bottom