• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
My first game, at the same time as Adventure of Link, course, I was in the 2nd grade, was OoT.
On file 1, that first day I played it, Link could hold a yellow boulder, use the Megaton Hammer as a child, and have a newer version of the Master Sword, the Master 2 Sword, I swear that I experienced that.

Redeads would scare the f*** out of me, if there is a remake, on the 3DS, because of the new graphics. O.O
And imagine the Forest Temple, meh fave, but creepy theme.
I like the Spirit Temple, too, the Ice Caverns, you don't know what is next, Shadow Temple, WTF with the Invisible platforms, I mean someone would be too crazy to jump on those without the Lens of Truth, The Fire Temple, WAY TOO High, Water Temple, cool, with Dark Link, you know. Ganon's Tower, WTH with the meteors, and Redeads, Wallmasters, and tricks???

All and all, I hope there are major redos. Hoping the Arwing and Armos Titan gonna be there.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Do you ever play OoT when you were little?

That stuff was scary as ****. You cannot imagine how I felt when right before I got the the castle, that drawbridge just rolled up, and out comes the god**** skeletons.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Do you ever play OoT when you were little?

That stuff was scary as ****. You cannot imagine how I felt when right before I got the the castle, that drawbridge just rolled up, and out comes the god**** skeletons.
Yes, I played it when I was about 5-7ish, I still don't remember being scared by anything in it. I just thought "Oh, enemy, B button to kill it".

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
What about the Iron Knuckles, their ax would feel like a real one is coming at you. A lot of things will have 3-D effects.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
You guys are forgetting how amazing the Fire Temple will look. The boiling lava, the flames that would gush out from below and fly over you, the flaming Bubbles, the Flame Dancers, not to mention Volvagia with updated graphics and sound. The thought of seeing a raging dragon from the depths of a volcano with updated graphics is just... omg.

SmasherLink

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, and the water temple, too with the tektikes, and the shadow temple.
The Fire Temple will be awesome.
Everything will be awesome.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
I was 8 years old when it came out and I played it for the first time. 2D games did not scare me, but 3D was still new, so in that dimension, things like ReDeads and the Forest Temple were terrifying. Seeing these horrific zombies walking towards you (and they could due to the 3D plane) was scary. OoT was revolutionary because it attached us to Link in such a simulatingly realistic way like never before, so his foes became much more enticing and threatening than ever before.
As a kid, I was scared of the field/overworld/whatever at night because I got so creeped out by the skeleton things (forgot what they're called). Wall master or whatever creeped me out because it was, like, WTF DRAGGING ME TO HELL (aka the beginning of the dungeon). Redeads scared me, too. Thank God for the Sun Song.

finalark

SNORLAX
Yes, I played it when I was about 5-7ish, I still don't remember being scared by anything in it. I just thought "Oh, enemy, B button to kill it".
I guess it's all about perspective. I played though it when I was seven and at time time 3D was relatively new. I guess it might have been the OMG 3D thing but when I was a kid, OoT scared the crap out of me.

Plus when you're seven that freaking ReDead scream stays in year head for a long time.

And then there was the Bottom of the Well.

And the Shadow Temple.

Actually, you must have nerves of steel for not being even a little afraid of those when you were a kid. Then again, there's some instances where things that scare most people just go right over your head when you're younger.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I guess it's all about perspective. I played though it when I was seven and at time time 3D was relatively new. I guess it might have been the OMG 3D thing but when I was a kid, OoT scared the crap out of me.

Plus when you're seven that freaking ReDead scream stays in year head for a long time.

And then there was the Bottom of the Well.

And the Shadow Temple.

Actually, you must have nerves of steel for not being even a little afraid of those when you were a kid. Then again, there's some instances where things that scare most people just go right over your head when you're younger.
It's probably what you said about it going over my head. I only ever treated enemies as enemies, so the appearance and sound would just tell me how to beat it, as opposed to scaring me. Also, when I played OoT, 3D had been around for a few years.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ooh... I just now got to wondering: what will they use the bottom screen for? Map? Inventory? I am so stoked. I want OoT on 3DS right now!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ooh... I just now got to wondering: what will they use the bottom screen for? Map? Inventory? I am so stoked. I want OoT on 3DS right now!
They kinda sorta confirmed that it's going to be used for a touch-screen activated inventory, meaning the menu screens are getting a complete revamp. They want to streamline items with gameplay (like Skyward Sword is doing) so they can fix problems like equipping/unequipping the Iron Boots.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, it surely has better graphics than the original LoZ OoT

Hope they add some new challenges to the game, I think I've got everything in OoT hundreds of times by now.

Hopefully afterward they would consider a Majora's Mask remake

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I was actually a little scared of the first room in Bottom of the Well when I was a kid, and while venturing deep into the Shadow Temple I always thought "OMG, GOTTA TURN AROUND AND LEAVE!". Seriously, those ReDeads were a bit creepy.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Instead of a Major's Mask remake being seperate, I'd kind of like the games to be combined into one, since they are directly related. As it stands now, OoT is a 2 part game in truth. The link who gets the three orbs, and then the link who visits the spirit temples. While these two worlds are existing in the same plane, the time differences make them two separate worlds. We can sort of look at the games like this, Young Link's world is the face of Hyrul. Older Link's world is the shadow of Hyrul, traveling Link's world is an inverted reflection of Hyrul, with nearly every OoT charecter having their own counter part. Majoras Mask is also much shorter than OoT, about as long as Young Link's adventures. Including MM would balance out the time spent as older link with younger link.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but this is something I would want.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Instead of a Major's Mask remake being seperate, I'd kind of like the games to be combined into one, since they are directly related. As it stands now, OoT is a 2 part game in truth. The link who gets the three orbs, and then the link who visits the spirit temples. While these two worlds are existing in the same plane, the time differences make them two separate worlds. We can sort of look at the games like this, Young Link's world is the face of Hyrul. Older Link's world is the shadow of Hyrul, traveling Link's world is an inverted reflection of Hyrul, with nearly every OoT charecter having their own counter part. Majoras Mask is also much shorter than OoT, about as long as Young Link's adventures. Including MM would balance out the time spent as older link with younger link.

Maybe I'm asking for too much, but this is something I would want.
Firstly, how did you forget the 'e' on the end of Hyrule every time? Secondly, Majora's Mask is longer than Young Link's adventures in OoT. It's certainly not as long as OoT in its entirety (unless you do every side quest), but it's still lengthy. Also its sheer increase of difficulty can add to the length as you may find yourself having to reset the 72-hour clock to finish a dungeon if you get stuck.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One thing they HAVE to do is add MM effect to the bunny hood.

Young Link walking everywhere is a PAIN

Hyrule field goes on forever

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It never really bothered me. >_> I'd like to see MM added to Oot; it'd be so epic.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Oh my god I want to have a 3D staring contest with the moon at Woodfall so badly.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm shocked at the lack of a mention of URA Zelda (the 64DD expansion) or any OoT beta content in here. Miyamoto and Aonuma had stated that they didn't want to simply remake the game with an update to graphics and mechanics. I want to assume that Miyamoto is greatly interested in bringing back a lot that was intended to be in the original OoT. There was supposed to be a side quest of some sort after the Water Temple that would unfreeze Zora's Domain. I believe a Light Temple (for Rauru's awakening) was intended in addition to some sort of Ice Temple (instead of Ice Cavern) and a Wind Temple (the reason why the wind machines in the Forest section of Ganon's Castle don't make a lot of sense).

In fact, the original structure for dungeons was 3 child Link dungeons, 3 adult Link dungeons, and 3 in which he would learn a spell.

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/zelda-64-ocarina-of-time-tech-demo-proto-beta/

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh wow, totally forgot about Ura Zelda. I don't care how much they add on to OoT with the remake. Add six more dungeons, the more the merrier. We've all played through OoT so many times now that we need more at this point.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
On the subject of Zelda being scary;

The worst part ever was always seeing that freaking shadow and you just know there's this idiot hand coming down on you. It always got me and I was like :mad: and ragequit the game for 3 months till I came back to finish it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh my god I want to have a 3D staring contest with the moon at Woodfall so badly.
I'll have that contest with you.

Yeah. I'm going to buy it regardless but dammit I've already played this game 15 times, and bought it in some form almost half as many.
I think two insane hard optional dungeons should be added. Something for the people that like using faries and bottles and such.

I'd like something like that, but not too much new stuff to the point it waters down the game for me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I doubt this would happen to Zelda, but there is a JRPG I can't remember to save my life, and also an adventure game, I feel dense for not remembering.

They had so many new additions in their remake, you completely lost what the original game had.

If OoT3DS had several new dungeons, like 4~5 I guess it'd be okay.

But if they start adding onto the plot, adding new items, etc... it can easily transform the game into a completely different one.

Ports are boring, but remakes can also overdo it if not careful, at least in my opinion. (This is a big reason FF7 will never be remade, the fear of messup)

I just hope they do a good job, but I'm sure they will. I've never disliked a Zelda game, ever.

finalark

SNORLAX
I doubt this would happen to Zelda, but there is a JRPG I can't remember to save my life, and also an adventure game, I feel dense for not remembering.
Just because it happens to two games so meaningless that you can't even remember the names of doesn't mean that it's common.

But if they start adding onto the plot, adding new items, etc... it can easily transform the game into a completely different one.
Twin Snakes did this and it was awesome.

Ports are boring, but remakes can also overdo it if not careful, at least in my opinion. (This is a big reason FF7 will never be remade, the fear of messup)
Actually the reason why they won't remake FFVII is because it would take roughly ten years to do so.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Just because it happens to two games so meaningless that you can't even remember the names of doesn't mean that it's common.

Twin Snakes did this and it was awesome.

Actually the reason why they won't remake FFVII is because it would take roughly ten years to do so.
I never meant it was common, sorry if I said, much rather I mean it's something to be concerned with. I love OoT for what it is, I wouldn't want to see it changed so much it's something wayyyy different.

Though I would kill for optional dungeons and what not.

finalark

SNORLAX
I have to agree. Assuming that a 3DS cartridge can hold more than an N64's I want to see them put in a lot more than a handful of side quests. Bring on the Boss Rush mode and the bonus dungeons!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I never meant it was common, sorry if I said, much rather I mean it's something to be concerned with. I love OoT for what it is, I wouldn't want to see it changed so much it's something wayyyy different.

There will always be the original OoT to go back to and play.

Also, Twin Snakes didn't change anything about the story. The problem it had was adding MGS2's control scheme and tranq guns, making the game ridiculously easy. I still prefer it to the original though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have to agree. Assuming that a 3DS cartridge can hold more than an N64's I want to see them put in a lot more than a handful of side quests. Bring on the Boss Rush mode and the bonus dungeons!
They should do this:

OoT3DS:

- Content:

-OoT
-OoT Hard Mode
-OoT Extreme Mode

Each game has 3 optional dungeons, and then at the bottom.

::Boss Battle:: And you rush the bosses to unlock stuff..like..pictures and music and what not. Why not eh?

Thats copying MPT Big time, but it'd still be epic win.

finalark

SNORLAX
They should do this:

OoT3DS:

- Content:

-OoT
-OoT Hard Mode
-OoT Extreme Mode

Each game has 3 optional dungeons, and then at the bottom.

::Boss Battle:: And you rush the bosses to unlock stuff..like..pictures and music and what not. Why not eh?

Thats copying MPT Big time, but it'd still be epic win.
I'd personally like:

- Oot
- Master Quest
- New Difficulty
- Around four optional dungeons
- Boss Rush
- A bunch of new side quests

And that would be good for me.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Nintendo is the only company on the planet that can get me to repurchase something and be happy about it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'd personally like:

- Oot
- Master Quest
- New Difficulty
- Around four optional dungeons
- Boss Rush
- A bunch of new side quests

And that would be good for me.
Why Masterquest? I have the GCN package, and it isn't all that special. I didn't beat OoT, I beat Master Quest, and I looked up the differences and they are really...meh. They needed to make more differences! But I agree with your list as well.

Nintendo is the only company on the planet that can get me to repurchase something and be happy about it.
So true. When 3DS launches it's going to make a killer off remakes and ports more than Kid Icarus.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Wow! The graphics almost don't look blocky at all! Pretty amazing, and it's about time too!

Is it gonna be a launch title for the 3DS?? I can't wait for it!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wow! The graphics almost don't look blocky at all! Pretty amazing, and it's about time too!

Is it gonna be a launch title for the 3DS?? I can't wait for it!
Yes, it's assumed to be a launch title I believe. I'd take this over Kid Icarus to be honest.

Top Bottom