• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It's so sad that my primary reason for buying a 3DS is so I can buy a particular game for the 4th time.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I've got a list of games I want to buy for the 3DS:

Ocarina of Time 3DS
Star Fox 64 3DS
Paper Mario 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Metal Gear Solid
Street Fighter 4
Kid Icarus: Uprising

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I'm sure there will be more.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm excited just thinking about where Zelda will go beyond OoT on the 3DS, and I'm not referring to a Majora's Mask remake. The graphical capabilities could literally permit a Zelda game made in any style, so we could potentially see a TP sequel in vein of Ph and SS on the DS.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, that's how it's been for a lot of Nintendo systems lately. I don't mind though, just as long as a good amount of unique games come out as well.

LLDL

Smash Hero
This game looks so sick. And it isn't a port, it is a complete remake, which gives them a lot more room to do whatever and add whatever they feel seamlessly. My only concern is that I can CLEARLY tell they are not using the original engine. They are using twilight princess/wind waker movement engine. I'm sure it will all work out, but it may not have that same feel that it once had. Like jumping to certain ledges that don't seem like will work but he grabs the ledge. We'll have to wait and see. But I will be the first to buy and play through this! :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Of course. I love everything about it including the beautiful graphics, animations, music and even using the new zelda control formula. But you know where I'm coming from, like certain stuff that you could do in the game before that may have been insignificant, but just naturally fit in, I hope nothing is broken or awkward. Know what I mean.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If this was a different company in charge of the game, I would be worried. I have a lot of faith in Nintendo, especially their DS developers as far as finetuning the controls. I don't think anything will be screwed up. I hope not at least!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Even PH and ST were nigh perfect for what they aimed to be. While not my favorite Zelda games, they are two total classics for the system. If someone asked me for recommended DS games, ST would definitely be high up on the list.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Just noticed that Nintendo does a freaking port at the launch of EVERY portable they make:

SMB Deluxe-GBC
Super Mario Bros Advance- GBA
Mario 64 DS- DS
OOT 3DS- 3DS

I certainly hope they make a new Zelda for 3DS (with the same engine as OOT 3DS). But honestly, a MM remake would be great too (best game ever imo).

As for adding content to OOT 3DS, I'd be pretty damn disappointed if they didn't incorporate Master Quest into the game somehow. Also, Miyamoto has said in the past that they had to scrap stuff from OOT. What of the OOT expansion that was planned for N64 DD? More recently, Miyamoto said he wanted the horseback combat from TP in OOT... so I'm sure we'll see that, and probably something added to the game because of it (Lon Lon Ranch shenanigans?!?)

Oooooooh the possibilities! Don't screw this up Nintendo, a port of one of the greatest games of all time deserves the special treatment!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah, Majoras mask is definitely the definitive zelda game.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I wouldn't say "definitive". It's not at all a representation of the whole series. It's my personal favorite game but it's very different from every other Zelda. It's another black sheep of the franchise like Zelda 2, only instead of hyperbolic hate from the internet, it gets hyperbolic love from the internet.

if I had to choose one Zelda that gives the definitive "Zelda experience", it would probably be LttP or OoT.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, Majoras mask is definitely the definitive zelda game.
I hate when people say this for the exact reasons LT stated. ALttP is the definitive 2D Zelda experience and OoT is the definitive 3D Zelda experience. Gonna add a whole new meaning to the latter when it gets re-released in actual 3D :awesome:

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, majora's mask is by far my favorite game in the series but I would never call it "definitive zelda", it's very outside the norm. LTTP, OoT, and TP give you a much better representation of what most of the games are all about

LLDL

Smash Hero
Wrong choice of words then. Of course I know that OoT and Link to the Past are the "definitive" games to show you what the series is all about, that general feel of a main zelda adventure. You're right, definitive isn't the right word as it implies that MM would be the face of the entire series, which I would disagree with.

When I play a game, I'm not really thinking firstly about the representation, but rather the difficulty level, intricacy, and puzzles, in addition to the storyline and representation. In which case, I think MM takes the prize.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Even PH and ST were nigh perfect for what they aimed to be. While not my favorite Zelda games, they are two total classics for the system. If someone asked me for recommended DS games, ST would definitely be high up on the list.
Really? I've considered getting it, but the train kinda threw me off.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unfortunately I kept making comparisons with Spirit Tracks and A Link to the Past (I know two completely different games but they were both portable), so I didn't end up enjoying it nearly as much as I probably should have. That led me to not getting Spirit Tracks, which I have heard is easily superior to Phantom Hourglass.

Oh well OoT 3D will be WAAAY better than both combined. Plus the fact that I haven't played OoT in years. It might possibly become my favorite handheld game to come out in history.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if PH was perfect for what it aimed for nintendo aimed much lower than I ever thought they would have for a zelda game, seriously think it's the worst non-CDi game in the series

ST was pretty good though, I would like it a lot more if it didn't use the touch only controls, but otherwise it was really good

Ecks

Smash Lord
I honestly think they could have made it look better but regardless, it looks really awesome and I can't wait to play it. :D

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
There are 5 Reasons I want a 3DS
1. Ocarina Remake
2. Paper Mario 3D
3.Resident Evil Revelation
4. Ocarina 3D
5.A PORTABLE 3D OCARINA OF FRIGGIN' TIME!

I can't wait!

LLDL

Smash Hero
one thing im lookin forward to is to see how they interpret improved great fairy textures. They're probably gonna give here an outfit swap. Otherwise it'd be x-rated lol.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol I see they put a lot of interest in that.

Also, have you guys entertained the possibility of the puzzles being completely different and more intricate than either the original game or master quest? Probably not, but still a possibility.

Lukries

Smash Rookie
The first handheld gaming system to support up to a PS2 and maybe even a wii's resolutions? I'm about to cry. Seriously. This is the first time I've seen the full demo tech video for this and OMG... yup, there's the tears...

IYM!

Smash Lord
i hope than this game wont be a exact copy of the original OoT, i mean the king dodongo part show us how to kill it, and is the same way than N64 OoT

new puzles, harder enemies, harde3r bosses, and new forms to kill they ( harder ways to kill they)

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^
I hope that too, I don't find interesting playing a game just because of graphics...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
They're not going to drastically change the framework of the game. It's a remake. The selling point is playing a classic game with updated graphics, 3D, on a portable system. If they changed too much, people would be complaining that it wasn't true to the original game.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this is true luiguitoilet, but the GCN have a lot of OoT export, master quest an the collector edition.

i dont want a totaly diferent OoT, only a little changes to play something fresh

I wait that nintendo corrects the mistakes that it committed in the version of 64 when the events were represented importamtes in the history

for example:

Ganondorf attacked the castle, in search of the ocarina of the time. Link, on having come to the castle, sees as Zelda flees with Impa, while zelda throws the ocarina

Up to to the moment quite well, but after entering to the castle, the Whole these happy people as before, the same positions, the same environment of peace, etc.

Is not it supposed that there was an assault?
Where are Ganondorf's monsters?
Where are the guards and the remains of the fight?

If it was not for the poor guard that this in the back alley, we wont have any clue of the real situation

Also.. after the death od The deku tree, any kokiri, less mido, show his sadness

and .. when Naboru is killed by Koume an Kotake, after defeat her as an adult, Link dont move any finger to try to protect her

maybe, was the fault of the programing limitations, but i hope see an improvement in this part

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^
Things like that are totally allowed to fix in a remake imo.
A big change would end up making a completely different game.

Top Bottom