• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

IYM!

Smash Lord
[*]Music will not use original tracks. They will use the more orchestral tracks that were intended for the original, but couldn't implement do to the n64's limits.
[*]The game uses the new 3D zelda movement engine (Movement engine used in WW and TP)
[*]There will be slight subtle changes. Dungeon layouts will be the same, but perhaps you won't get hearts where you used to get heats, and arrows where you would get arrows, etc. Jars will probably have different things sometimes. Less useless treasure chests that just give you rupees. What do you need money for in a dungeon? I'm sure you guys will agree with that
[*]Perhaps Master Quest will take the form of a difficulty option. Either available from the beginning, or after you complete the story once. This is unlikely imo, but I know for a fact that they have already considered this (it is a remake after all), which means it is possible. It's a very smart marketing choice from their point of view.
[*]You'll be able to switch sheilds, iron boots, and some weapons instantaneously due to the use of the touch screen
[*]Voice sounds of link, zelda, and ganondorf will be the same. There will be quite a few different sound effects in the game, whether it is just physics related sound effects (foot tapping, walking, explosion, rain drop, etc)
[*]They'll probably make subtle changes in the cutscenes, such as different camera angles, maybe longer scenes of a character walking in a certain direction, etc, something that won't take away from the original.
[*]Oh, and since this game uses a different movement engine, the dungeons won't be to scale. Things will be stretched/moved in order for link to jump to certain ledges/ platforms etc.
[/list]

I think that this is pretty much EXACTLY what we're getting, minus the master quest (although I cross my fingers). What do you guys think. Of course I may be completely wrong, and we get side quests, more dungeons, more story, online play, but let's be realistic. After the game is released, come quote me on this post and let's see how much was correct.
these points are good imo, i want to see that too,

N3DS have an online mod right?

would be cool a vs mode or something like that

IYM!

Smash Lord
or another kind of 1 player game

like boss battle or another kind of stuff, to extend the life of the game

i mean all the Zelda game have that weakness, the replay value, with another mode, the game will live even longer than the others Zelda

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Different modes, that's something that would be cool, I loved Chaos Legion and Megaman x8 because of that. xD
That being in one of the Zelda game would be awesome!
I'll agree with you in this one too.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

i mean all the Zelda game have that weakness, the replay value, with another mode, the game will live even longer than the others Zelda
I don't really find it necessary. All of the Zelda games are very long with loads of content. Especially with other mini games such as fishing or Poe-hunting to keep you occupied if you need a break from the temples. I also don't find too much trouble in replaying the Zelda games, I think I have beaten Ocarina of Time at least 4 or 5 times.

It kind of reminds me of the Pokemon games. Even though it is pretty much the same thing over and over each time you replay the game, it still delivers close to the same entertainment with each play-through. And if not, try mixing it up a little such as 3 hearts, no mandatory upgrades, etc.

Like LuigiToilet and Spire have said though, don't expect there to be anything different whatsoever in the release. So far all that is known for certain is the graphics have gotten an upgrade, and truthfully I don't really see it receiving anymore than that. You can dream, just don't get your hopes up only to be let down ;)

IYM!

Smash Lord
I don't really find it necessary. All of the Zelda games are very long with loads of content. Especially with other mini games such as fishing or Poe-hunting to keep you occupied if you need a break from the temples. I also don't find too much trouble in replaying the Zelda games, I think I have beaten Ocarina of Time at least 4 or 5 times.

It kind of reminds me of the Pokemon games. Even though it is pretty much the same thing over and over each time you replay the game, it still delivers close to the same entertainment with each play-through. And if not, try mixing it up a little such as 3 hearts, no mandatory upgrades, etc.

i beaten OoT at least.... 100 or 200 times. for that reason, would be a good idea incorporate something new.

The remake of Resident evil 1, had a lot of new things to make it fresh.

Metroid Zero mission, the remake of the original metroiid, had a the freedom of chose the dificulty and diferent challenges, like the 100% in less than 2 hours, or the beat the game with the 15%

Why OoT couldnt have one of those new modes?

imagin a mod, like the Link crosbow trainig, but with OoT link and with your weapons, the sword, shield, bow, bombs, hookshot, and more enemies to defeat to do records, or something like that

or unlock an artwork galery, to do this , you have to beat the minigames with some conditions, or beat the game with the 80 or 100%

somethings like that

Like LuigiToilet and Spire have said though, don't expect there to be anything different whatsoever in the release. So far all that is known for certain is the graphics have gotten an upgrade, and truthfully I don't really see it receiving anymore than that. You can dream, just don't get your hopes up only to be let down ;)

i follow your council my friend, but i want continue say somes ideas to keep active this threat, or at least know what the others guys want in the game :)

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord

I don't really find it necessary. All of the Zelda games are very long with loads of content. Especially with other mini games such as fishing or Poe-hunting to keep you occupied if you need a break from the temples.
Those can barely be called minigames.
Even though it is pretty much the same thing over and over each time you replay the game, it still delivers close to the same entertainment with each play-through.
Yeaha!!!
try mixing it up a little such as 3 hearts, no mandatory upgrades, etc.
Haven't you read the previous posts, the guy you're saying that to, already did that.

It all comes down to:
WHAT?
And Spire said one of my post didn't make any sense
:troll:

EDITED: The IYM!'s post came while I was still writing, so I didn't read it until I had finished.

Gatlin

Those can barely be called minigames.

Yeaha!!!

Haven't you read the previous posts, the guy you're saying that to, already did that.

It all comes down to:
WHAT?
And Spire said one of my post didn't make any sense
:troll:

EDITED: The IYM!'s post came while I was still writing, so I didn't read it until I had finished.
What part of my post didn't make sense?

IYM! said:
i beaten OoT at least.... 100 or 200 times. for that reason, would be a good idea incorporate something new.

The remake of Resident evil 1, had a lot of new things to make it fresh.

Metroid Zero mission, the remake of the original metroiid, had a the freedom of chose the dificulty and diferent challenges, like the 100% in less than 2 hours, or the beat the game with the 15%

Why OoT couldnt have one of those new modes?

imagin a mod, like the Link crosbow trainig, but with OoT link and with your weapons, the sword, shield, bow, bombs, hookshot, and more enemies to defeat to do records, or something like that

or unlock an artwork galery, to do this , you have to beat the minigames with some conditions, or beat the game with the 80 or 100%

somethings like that
I am not fully against the idea of adding in extra content to spice the game up a little. I am just saying the chances of that happening are very slim. Most of the time when people think "Ocarina of Time remake" they expect the game to be exactly how they remembered when they played it on the N64. That is certainly what I am looking for at least. Not to be rude, but not everyone has beaten it 100-200 times, so even if the game is still the same, I really doubt Nintendo will get too many complainers, if any at all.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Ok!
You said you don't really find it necessary (about the IYM!'s suggested remake), but then right after, you give him the reason, there's when I said: Yeaha.
Everything else you said was just a bunch of writing over the same thing.
If you slowly take a look at my previous post, you'd know what I meant.
I don't feel like quoting everything again.

Gatlin

Ok!
You said you don't really find it necessary (about the IYM!'s suggested remake), but then right after, you give him the reason, there's when I said: Yeaha.
Everything else you said was just a bunch of writing over the same thing.
If you slowly take a look at my previous post, you'd know what I meant.
I don't feel like quoting everything again.
I've been slowly viewing this thread for a while now. I didn't feel like leaving him wondering a reason as to why I think it is unnecessary, even though it is pretty obvious why. I didn't mean to repeat myself if you think I did, it is just you guys are wanting, wishing, expecting way too much out of this game, and I am very much doubting you will be getting any of your ideas.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I keep saying you're not following it, now more than minutes before.
But forget it, those are just opinions though.

Gatlin

I keep saying you're not following it, now more than minutes before.
But forget it, those are just opinions though.
Edit: :facepalm: Oh god I am dumb. I just now got what you meant by the "Yeaha!!!" post. Sure the game is exactly the same as before each time you play through it. Honestly there isn't much that can be done about that without changing the game entirely. Changing a few cutscenes or making the game have some extra content like mini-games isn't going to change the fact that the game is exactly the same. You'll still be going through all the same dungeons, finding all the keys in the same locations, and fighting the same enemies in the same exact location they were before. That is just "Ocarina of Time." If you are looking for change, wait for Skyward Sword, where your wants may actually become a reality.

I was actually thinking in a completely opposite direction than you were. When I said "even though it is the same thing over and over..." I did not mean that in a bad way, like I think you interpreted it. Like I said, the Zelda games, especially this one, are huge in content and length, they take a long time to beat, especially for back in the Nintendo days. There is enough content to keep me interested, even while playing it through again. I haven't beaten the game 100-200 times, but honestly, all I can get from what "IYM!" was saying, is that he is bored of Ocarina of Time.

I know if I beat it 100 times, and did everything I could do (3 heart run, no optional buffs, found all heart containers, etc.) Then I would be bored, and would probably be wanting new content to spice it up as well.

IYM!

Smash Lord
you are wrong Gatling, i love OoT, is my favorite game, and i can beat it over 9000 times without get boring :)

i will do another challenge this time, i will complete the game at 100% before to defeat Ganon, i never did this in my life, so will be something new :)

i only want see another kind of stuff in this remake, like extra content to have another vision of this wonderful game

i know the concecuences of dream with a great game, ( this happened to me before with TP, i expected a perfect game, but at the end, the game disapoint to me a little with the dificulty)

but, you havent to be worried, i am not expectin the "Biggest remake ever" i am just throwings ideas to discus, after all, that is the funtion of this threat :), and to say somes news about the game

Who know? maybe, if we dream it with faith, this can become true, ( Gayest sentence ever! :laugh:)

Gatlin

I believe the main point of the remake is for people to get a nice nostalgic feel as a welcome to the new 3DS. I wouldn't mind if they added in difficulties like Easy, Medium, Hard, Legendary, or whatever, but I am sure you would get people complaining about how it didn't stay true to the original N64 OoT. When people think of remakes, some people hope for new content, but you have to admit that the majority want the game they knew and loved in higher quality graphics, while staying exactly the same as they remembered.

I am not attacking you by the way, lol. :) I like some of the ideas you have suggested. Like the re-doing of the scenery after Ganondorf's attack. I agree that it is pretty silly to have happy people dancing around still as if nothing happened.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@Gatlin yeah! you're right, it's not that we're expecting this version to have what we said, as we know this for sure:
but you have to admit that the majority want the game they knew and loved in higher quality graphics, while staying exactly the same as they remembered.
So, the suggestions we're throwing are wishes, maybe for a posible new version of it.

Who knows, some people say that Dreams come true. ;)
jk
lol

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Pretty hype for this. I hope they do at least change/add a few things, though. As much as I love OoT, I'd like the 3DS remake to be a bit unique.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I hope they add some stuff or make significant changes for the 3DS remake otherwise I'll just play the gamecube port that I have.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
That confirms that what has been said so far about the new OoT is true in a big part, it's more about graphics than anything. But anyway, that would be awesome to play, Even if I was hoping more out of it, that's gonna be cool to play.
But still I keep wishing a new more challengeable version.
:p
:awesome:

Also, that guy in the vid doesn't know how to play OoT.
Makes me wanna play it again, to show him how it's done.
:p
jk

Gatlin

Haha, ya I know. I thought the way you could move the 3DS to move the view was awesome, not sure if I'll use that or not, but the fact that it's there is cool.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I def won't be using that. It's really cool as an optional feature, thats +1 Nintendo, but I'm glad it's not mandatory. Sooo glad.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I believe the main point of the remake is for people to get a nice nostalgic feel as a welcome to the new 3DS. I wouldn't mind if they added in difficulties like Easy, Medium, Hard, Legendary, or whatever, but I am sure you would get people complaining about how it didn't stay true to the original N64 OoT. When people think of remakes, some people hope for new content, but you have to admit that the majority want the game they knew and loved in higher quality graphics, while staying exactly the same as they remembered.

I am not attacking you by the way, lol. :) I like some of the ideas you have suggested. Like the re-doing of the scenery after Ganondorf's attack. I agree that it is pretty silly to have happy people dancing around still as if nothing happened.
Don't forget, it is a good way to introduce a new younger audience to the game without succumbing to the archaic graphics and controls.

Gatlin

Aw, but the old graphics are what gave the game so much charm! :) It had to have some of the best on the N64.

But I guess it is time to upgrade to meet up with today's standards

Gatlin

Unfortunately, this is true. Whether I like the new generation's views or not, I can't argue with updating graphics for my favorite games. Especially old ones which were seemingly left in the past. It seems to be for the better as well, the movement looks smoother from what I can tell from a video.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Not unfortunately. Fortunately this is true. It's good to have standards in line with current generational gaming.

See, it's different for games that were originally 2D (talking SNES) because it's a whole different ballgame than 3D (talking N64 onwards). Heh, now that actual 3D is making its way into gaming, it's going to be more difficult to differentiate between 3D graphics and the 3D visual effect in conversation.

But yeah, my point is that with a game like OoT that's been rereleased a thousand times without getting a graphical overhaul that it only makes sense to remake it from scratch. I would personally be very disappointed if they just straight up ported it as it was on the N64.

Gatlin

I didn't really mean "unfortunately graphics are essential now." At least not in full context. I meant instead that unfortunately that is what the majority of gamers look for in games now are their graphics. I like to give games a chance no matter how bad the graphics are. Mainly because if there is all flash, but no substance to keep me interested, I can't call it a good game. I see people who give games one look and quit purely because they aren't satisfied visual-wise. Judging a book by it's cover, in other words. I don't know if you have played it, or heard of it, but MineCraft is a perfect example.

On the other hand though, it is fortunate, because if there weren't so many who wanted more in terms of graphics, Nintendo most likely wouldn't bother updating the graphics at all as opposed to the N64 version. So really in the end, it is more of a win-win in terms of keeping the game's content more than likely the same, as well as getting a complete rework of the graphics. I am not complaining, and most likely people who wished for updated graphics won't be either.

etecoon

Smash Hero
graphics are important as much as some people like to say otherwise, but it's more about art direction than technical specifications IMO. I played FFVII like 10 years after everyone else and still thought it was great, and my favorite game visually of all time is a PS2 game, the weakest system of LAST generation. it's the creativity and skill that goes into it much more so than polygon counts I think

Spire

III
BRoomer
With less graphical capabilities came an unavoidable advance in creativity. With great graphical advancements comes the opportunity to really show creativity, but unfortunately this generation is plagued with developers who hide play mechanisms under easily defined graphics.

You know, like that cliff looks really nice, but you can't jump over it because there's an invisible wall.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Graphics does not tell if a game is good or not, even there're some people that play games more because of the graphics updates than the game itself, it doesn't mean that's a fact that graphics make a game into good, because in some way "as etecoon said" my favorite game is not from this generation, it's a N64 game and even there have been some cool remakes with way better graphics, I still rather the old one.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Makes me wonder how different will they make this game. I know the soundtracks and graphics will look much better, just if they would add more things to do for this game like Super Mario 64 DS that would be great.

LLDL

Smash Hero
For some reason, I think Majora's Mask and Wind waker are going to see a re-release as well, bringing all of the 3d games into the new generation. While I'm not a fan of wind waker, it would be the perfect game for 3ds. I'd rather see an ocarina re-make on home console.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Totally agree. I hope they go with WW's style though. I like TP more but I fear the dark environment wouldn't look good enough because of a lack of room yo see clearly.

Spire

III
BRoomer
My predictions for possible future Zelda 3DS titles:
- Majora's Mask remake
- Sequel to Majora's Mask
- Sequel to Twilight Princess
- New game tied to Skyward Sword
- Entirely new game

Note: I do not anticipate them making any more than one of the above, let alone two.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Note that if there ever was a continuation to Majora's mask, it wouldn't be in termina, and it wouldn't be based on the 3 day system. It would just be another adventure based on hero of time link in some other land.

Top Bottom