• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Anyone manage to pull off glitch method 1 somewhat easily yet?

I tried, but it's sooo hard :(

p.s. Sebastian, I'm guessing it would say Sheik because when you quit out, the Master Hand slot says "Sheik" under it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol you can do this in multi-man melee :D

you can do it in HRC too but the only move master hand has that sends it to the right is the grab move, but it takes too long to send him out so it says no distance anyways...-_-

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
I dont get method one. So what you gotta do is:

1) Press A+B at the same time on the box thing.
2) When youre in there, you let go of A but hold onto B?
3) Then you hit A on the "Name Entry" thing at the last second or something?

Im probably an idiot whose doing it wrong, but what happens to me is that there are a ton of names in my list so I cant even reach the "Name Entry" thing on time since holding B makes me go to the Menu in about 2 seconds. Anyone care to help a brotha out?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
that's exactly right...just delete all of your names but one of them. take out your memory card first so it doesn't actually delete them...then do the trick.

when you delete all names but one, you can go straight to name entry.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
You don't need to delete all your names, though. You can always scroll down near the bottom first, exit the name select menu, and when you re-open the name select menu, you'll already be near the bottom.

On Rainbow Cruise, he hangs out on the back of the ship, and he has the disadvantage that his drill etc. all target some place way off the left side of the screen (he does this on Poke Floats and Corneria too, note I haven't tested if he ever gets changed behavior throughout the duration of a moving stage though I strongly suspect the answer is "no").
His moves work normally on Pokefloats for a very brief period around the part with Unowns and Chanseys, or at least they did the one time I used MH there.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I just began thinking (don't worry I didn't hurt myself)

I was gonna do the whole classic mode with the Hand, what would happen If I beat it? after the credits, it gives you a little movie and a picture... WOuld it give me shiek and Zelda's movie and pic?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I did a lot of testing on this last night and this morning, but AA posted pretty much everything I was going to say (plus more).

In terms of freezing in Melee mode, it seems to happen randomly for me. Sometimes it will freeze when loading the stage but if I reset and try the same thing again it will work. I've been trying a lot of different rule sets and I'm not sure if those affect it. I've noticed though that it seems to work almost all of them time with MH + 1 player, while it freezes more frequently with more players in the match.

Also, I did do a match with 2 Master Hands at once.

Revven

FrankerZ
This means it's an Easter egg, not a glitch right? It wouldn't be like that if no one programmed it to show, right?
Debug Menu would like you to notice that it exists.

Melee STILL has its Debug Menu in it, so, it's not uncanny that they left PS1 say "Master Hand" when you pick him. They didn't delete anything like that because they thought you'd never be able to play as him, so, why delete the information or the data?

Basically, because the Debug Menu exists on the disc, stuff like this still exists on the game as well. So it's not an easter egg, it's a glitch like the topic title says.

Also, THIS IS AMAZZZZINNNNNGGGGGGG.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I still find it amazing that something like this could be found so many years after the game's release. I wonder if Brawl will ever have anything like this...

I think SWF should add a Master Hand character icon for people to use in their postbits.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I read through, and don't think anyone has posted this, but for Method 2, instead of using the other person to click back, you can just hold b and time it so that you press a at the right time and it works.

I say this because I don't see how you can press back with controller 2 without having to choose a character.

so:
1) Go to the Name Entry thing with Controller 1
2) Press B on Controller 2 and then quickly press A on Controller 1

The timing isn't difficult to get. It's basically Method 1 with a second controller.

Edit: I have NTSC v.1.2

Blahblahwutever

Smash Journeyman
For Method 1 timing I just count to 2 slowly.

So maybe, as I said before, if the game uses a variable in the game to decide which character you come up with during the glitch, and that variable is normally able to be changed, we could experiment and find out the variables for each character.

THEN we could be Giga.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh, this is crazy lol!
I have to try it, too bad I lost Melee.

"I`m sorry Melee! I still love you!"

And using a dark Link is pretty awesome.

We just now found this out...
Amazing :)

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
who thinks someone should make a master hand combo video and if you say yes, who should make it?

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
hahaha... it works! Master Hand combo video would be awesome! HAHA.

Now someone needs to find a way to be sonic and tails. ;)

Top Bottom