• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I did a team match (All red) with this, and the CPU's didn't do anything until we tried to push them off a platform, then they just moved back to the middle of it.

REVOLUTION324

Smash Rookie
I just found out,that the game doesn´t freeze,if masterhand wins in stamina mode,so you can play normal stamina matches masterhand vs anyone this way.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I've done it once or twice and I don't get control of master hand, he simply appears as a player. I've been doing it on a wii, if that changes anything. Strange thing, I did it on FD and MH attacked randomly about every 30 seconds.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i cant seem to get it..

im doing everythig correctly down to "it should go directly to stage selection screen" but when i enter the match both chars are the same, none are master hand...

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I got it to work to the stage selection part but it freezes in the "Now Loading" screen...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Worked for me on my Wii.

You need to have a controller in slot 3 to control MH.

Awesome discovery, by the way.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm just going to throw it out there that Master Hand is the opposite of broken; he's the worst character. Sure he can't lose stocks, but it's very easy to rack tons of damage on him and avoid all of his moves. Then when time runs out you'll be up on percent and win.

For the sake of humor, I'd say make him legal (with some rule to handle the fact that only one person can be him, like doubleblinding a MH ditto means both switch characters and whoever counterpicks first gets him). I mean, you're basically guaranteed to lose any match you pick him unless your opponent doesn't know his moves at all (and your disadvantage is even worse if you're not on FD and can't hit certain sections of the stage very well). You can avoid the freeze by no contesting whenever he gets a kill (he wins) or when Sudden Death starts (odds are he loses). Even if the game does freeze mid-match, isn't it the tournament standard that you lose if you freeze the game? Trying to get a human Master Hand to 999% as fast as you can could pretty much be a side event itself...

It's a cool discovery regardless though. Coin matches against the AI as Master Hand are too good. Master Hand on Flat Zone in general is too good. And I can confirm that you can do it on a Wii.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm just going to throw it out there that Master Hand is the opposite of broken; he's the worst character. Sure he can't lose stocks, but it's very easy to rack tons of damage on him and avoid all of his moves. Then when time runs out you'll be up on percent and win.

For the sake of humor, I'd say make him legal (with some rule to handle the fact that only one person can be him, like doubleblinding a MH ditto means both switch characters and whoever counterpicks first gets him). I mean, you're basically guaranteed to lose any match you pick him unless your opponent doesn't know his moves at all (and your disadvantage is even worse if you're not on FD and can't hit certain sections of the stage very well). You can avoid the freeze by no contesting whenever he gets a kill (he wins) or when Sudden Death starts (odds are he loses). Even if the game does freeze mid-match, isn't it the tournament standard that you lose if you freeze the game? Trying to get a human Master Hand to 999% as fast as you can could pretty much be a side event itself...

It's a cool discovery regardless though. Coin matches against the AI as Master Hand are too good. Master Hand on Flat Zone in general is too good. And I can confirm that you can do it on a Wii.
wtf I didn't know AA was a mod here o_O

Also yeah, I was thinking that 3v1 against Master Hand could become some soft of new Bowser Challenge-type event.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Well I mean they would make up different rules or something that actually makes it worthwhile and/or difficult to fight MH.

Toya

Smash Apprentice
it's funny, because if you have a name selected you can use him with a name.
What i'm wondering is if the other player wins (coin match obviously) what would it say as "Most Played" under a new name.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
plz guy find some texture hacks or at least some way to add custom color pallets to characters. You would be godly if you did that.(master hand glitch is pretty sweet)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I liked the previous title for this thread better.

MH should def be viable, but I can only see it in silly sets for fun. Awesome none the less though.

Also, some tell the head admins to make a MH sub-forum.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hahaha this is amazing. I don't have the timing down yet but the few times it worked was awesome.

Who knew after 7 years that there is a way to play as Master Hand without AR.

Pleather

Smash Cadet
Someone needs to try this on brawl too. I mean, it's not going to work (figuratively; the chances of this being in brawl as well are probably extremely low, but I really can't say anything for a fact), but someone should still try it.

Top Bottom