• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

Matux

Smash Apprentice
For the next seven years, Giga Bowser is waiting for us to play without AR ^^.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The game freezes for me when I try it. Never loads the stage. :( 1.2 tho. Some one stole my 1.0 a couple tourney's ago.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Lol **** YES! I main the Master Hand now. Also if anyone didn't know this, if you have your name on then do the glitch, you'll have your name like you would have on a regular character. xD

Skrlx

Smash Champion
In the online ssb64 community we have a guy who mains masterhand.
He uses gameshark on the emulator to use masterhand but i think it's funny.
He has an event 50 in which he uses masterhand and has p2 be cpu masterhand (they're both in teams) and then he puts handicaps on your character and you have to beat him 3 times lol. He has been beaten before... it's pretty easy just pick kirby or yoshi and d-air him to rack up damage really fast but the thing is he tells you stop abusing dodges he basically bans anything that would defeat him he bans characters and lies about his streak which i believe is 10,000 wins - 0 losses

but good find ^_^

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
PAL-testing anyone?

Oh and Exchord92....

will you marry me?

<_< Erm, ok well..

Thanks for making my day anyway :)you rock!

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Yes it works on PAL, I haven't got it to work with one controller yet, but if you use 2 controllers it works.

Öni

Smash Cadet
Why Masterhand?
I want to play Sandbag so I can sandbag all the time!

Ha Melee will always be the best game ^_^

@ Novice and Dev2000
The glitch was found in the PAL-Version.

2 good

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rapacious...

Does having a long list of names make it impossible to do with a single controller?
Nah, just press the name entry normally and scroll all the way down. Then press B to get out of it. Now perform the glitch, you should instead start where you Bed out of the list, so at the bottom, making it easy to reach the name entry in time.

AA probably has the best posts in this thread besides the OP.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
its interesting how these char select screen glitches are being found recently.... the white kirby thing and now this

Blubby

Smash Apprentice
Well, this was discovered back 2008 lol, pretty funny nobody posted it yet.

it was posted on a german cheat-website, but there are so many faked-things... i think nobody tried it out until now

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
It freezes whenever I do it in classic but it works fine in all star and in adventure (although it freezes when i try to do an attack in the beginning of adventure and you cant get paste the all star resting point, I t=think at least)

Im posting a video soon

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well I tried it once more for the hell of it and got it.. but I couldn't control master hand.

FD 4 stock no time limit make a difference?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
It was port 3, other controller was port 1.

It was strange lol, I also tried another controller to rule out the possibility that the sheer epicness of the glitch killed my controller.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
did anyone notice this yet?

i was using the glitch against a level 9 captain falcon on infinite time and when i quitted the match it to "no contest" at the result screen and DIDN'T freeze.

rhan

Smash Hero
Does the "D" of the Master Hand Moveset portion in the original post mean D-Pad?

Flayl

Smash Hero
did anyone notice this yet?

i was using the glitch against a level 9 captain falcon on infinite time and when i quitted the match it to "no contest" at the result screen and DIDN'T freeze.
That's because no contest doesn't use a victory screen.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
For people whose GC/Wii freezes every time they do the master hand trick do this:

Instead of having the blank box be player 3, do the blank box for player 1/2/4 so Masterhand will be on that player, but to control Masterhand, you must use controller slot 3. So make sure you are not having a regular player be player 3.

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what happens if M. Hand gets in a barrel, But I know he gets bigger and smaller with shrooms.

If you played as M. Hand alot under your name, who would it say is your most played?

Top Bottom