• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name entry glitch: Masterhand without AR!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm going to look for Melee at GameStop,
I wonder how much Melee is nowadays...

So, can you have MH on a team with a normal person,
then have a second team with a master hand and a different person?
there are tons of copies where I live, and it's 20 bucks. I tried him on team Melee, and it froze a coupe of times,but it did work.

AKARed

Smash Apprentice
I'll try when I get home tomorrow.
I've decided to not even bother trying it on Brawl because I forgot that Brawl doesn't go to a different screen for name entry from the character selection screen, so I'm guessing it wouldn't make any sense for the glitch to work then.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
yes it is.
hmm. you are using the Dpad(used for taunts) right? you said it's in port 3, so thats out of the way. his moves work also if you hold a direction then hit the button. if it still doesn't work, then try doing it again, since that means it might have messed up.

Overload

Smash Lord
Easy way to do the two controller method:
Use a wavebird to control both of them so you can hit the A button simultaneously on both.

kalas71

Smash Rookie
So many years of waiting for this, when it worked i just had to stand up and scream epically

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
so we tried it today. That cross stage slap is sooooooooooooo broken LOLOL

metashinryu

Smash Ace
ok,i could do first method ONCE,never again worked

and my melee freezes when i try to play mastafingaz on poke-stadium, i wanted to see the name on the background T_T

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Well, i try method 2 were you have 2 people, we press it in the same time but it doesnt work, i realy dont know why, is ther something that im doing wrong?

Hobs

Smash Journeyman
Well, it took me a half a dozen tries for it to work. It seems (to me) that it works when the hand pressing back is like a millisecond faster...or it could just be me. And by millisecond, I'm not even sure if that's what I did.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Correction about Multi-Man Melee. I cleared my 1 player data a while back (so it wasn't completed by anyone) and just did 100 man melee with him. It said "A New Record!" and gave his record time to Mario.

EDIT: Same with 3 minute Melee--I'll assume this works with all Multi-Man Melee options that he can win. For example, Cruel Melee he can't win since he can't die.

Chaos F-15

Smash Apprentice
sick glitch. Thats awesome
It took 7-8 years to find this glitch, heh, and I thought all the glitches have been discovered. Oh well, this shows how so many things are not discovered in smash games...keep digging people!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Correction about Multi-Man Melee. I cleared my 1 player data a while back (so it wasn't completed by anyone) and just did 100 man melee with him. It said "A New Record!" and gave his record time to Mario.

EDIT: Same with 3 minute Melee--I'll assume this works with all Multi-Man Melee options that he can win. For example, Cruel Melee he can't win since he can't die.
when you quit a match, it says he's Shiek.

when you stomp on Multi-man Melee, it say you're Mario.

Man, I wonder what character MH will be stated as next.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
when you quit a match, it says he's Shiek.

when you stomp on Multi-man Melee, it say you're Mario.

Man, I wonder what character MH will be stated as next.
I think the reason it calls him Sheik is because Sheik is not a character that exists, per se. There is Zelda who can transform into Sheik. It seems like that's the reason why they substitute Master Hand for Sheik.

The reason why it might do Mario is because since Sheik isn't a character on the roster, it can't list it under Sheik, so it goes for the first character in the roster (if you haven't unlocked any characters) which is Mario.

Just guesses, though.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
You can tell a glitch is too good when it brings back someone who hasn't been on SmashBoards in a year.

JFox

Smash Hero
Ever hear of the boswer challenge? How bout masterhand challenge- 3 hands vs one opponent, see how long you can last. That would be pretty sick.

Top Bottom