• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
k boss u in ESAM, idk pikapika beat me often than not lol ok D torr y'all meet me @ disney mlg hotel like on thursday/fri to keep in touch with me leave your hotel room or phone in my visitor/pm box

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Aww sweet, this looks like this will be an AMAZING time. I'm glad they diversified the starter stage list. I'm sure it will help out with the diversity of Brawl's top character placements. The old FD/Battlefield/SV/YI was too tailor-made for high tier(looks @ Diddy).

RichBrown

Smash Master
Stages will remain the same. No stage list will satisfy everyone.
AZ, I have yet to see any sort of concrete reasoning as to why these stages were made legal. So far, all I've seen are 2 posts from you saying "no johns" and this one. You're basically telling us "Don't like it? Deal with it, my house, my rules." That's 3rd grade stuff.

The question I keep asking but have yet to get a response to: who were the people directly in charge of creating this stagelist? I'd appreciate it if I could get the names of every single person involved. I want to know what the reasoning behind making these stages legal are, and what MLG has to gain from it.

In a blog I posted on AiB ( http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62165) Just about every major region had Green Greens, Norfair, PS2, and Pictochat banned, with some rare exceptions here and there. These stages become more of a battle against the stage and a hope for luck than a battle against your opponent. It's unfair to us for MLG to experiment on us like this.

Yes, you're right, we can't make every single person happy with the stage list. But that is not a good reason to create a stagelist that makes the vast majority of the community upset. And until you provide some clear reasoning and answers for us, we are only going to continue to be upset.

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
"This petition was created by the people of the Brawl community.

This petition's goal is to persuade MLG to change the Stage List for their Brawl tournaments.

The stages in question for removal are: Green Greens, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Pictochat.

The reason these stages have been put up for the suggested removing is that they have been banned in nearly every major region in the country. Adding onto that fact, the stages each have either very high environmental damage, or they are incredibly biased towards certain characters."

This is what I've settled on for a petition, so that we can show MLG as a community and in one document how many people don't want certain stages to be in MLG.

I haven't submitted it yet, so if anyone would like me to add something in feel free to comment.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
AZ, I have yet to see any sort of concrete reasoning as to why these stages were made legal.
Burden of proof is on you to state why they should be illegal.
In a blog I posted on AiB ( http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=62165) Just about every major region had Green Greens, Norfair, PS2, and Pictochat banned, with some rare exceptions here and there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_popularity
And until you provide some clear reasoning and answers for us, we are only going to continue to be upset.
He does not think that the stage affects the gameplay too much, obviously.

Burden of proof lies upon you to prove that it does.

MateriYA

Smash Cadet
live strem is on the mlgpro.com homepage go there event time and u can switch from halo, to tekken to brawl or whatever u have to make an account though. the petition isnt going to work at all. stages are final for this event they may consider changes for next event, but as for now learn to play on these stages they are final

RichBrown

Smash Master
Table: I'm currently working on a presentation as to why these stages should be banned.

Ad populum has nothing to do with this. I've double checked with all of these regions and seen that these stages have been banned from tournament play. I'm asking very fair questions here. I (and the rest of the community) simply want to know why these rules go completely against the standard which has been set for Brawl tournaments around the nation. Fair enough question, which certain deserves more than "no johns."

And for goodness sake, please stop using all the fancy terms you learned in philosophy class. It makes you look like a **** tool and it really isn't accomplishing anything (yeah that's an ad hominem, sue me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom