• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
can we start with persuading them to allow wii-mote nunchucks? i mean adjusting to a stage is bad... but not being able to compete because you use the default controller for a system... absurd

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Table: I'm currently working on a presentation as to why these stages should be banned.
k
I'm asking very fair questions here.
As am I.

But you said that you'd make a presentation for why they're bad, so I'll wait for that.
Fair enough question, which certain deserves more than "no johns."
I kinda disagree. Even if it's against the norm, there's no problem with asking what's wrong with the stages.
And for goodness sake, please stop using all the fancy terms you learned in philosophy class.
I don't have a philosophy class... the only school work I do is studying for my CHSPE in October (I'm homeschooled :p)

Nah I learned those terms just from debating on various sites for the last two years.
It makes you look like a **** tool and it really isn't accomplishing anything (yeah that's an ad hominem, sue me)
Maybe if I used them in other circumstances I would look like an ******* or something to that effect.

But in a debate, I don't see any problem with pointing out how, and why, someone's argument is fallacious. I mean, that's what debate is for, right?

Half the fun of playing Brawl competetively for me is debating things like ruleset issues and such (since I'm awful at actually PLAYING Brawl lol).

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Can't wait for the livestream.

can we start with persuading them to allow wii-mote nunchucks? i mean adjusting to a stage is bad... but not being able to compete because you use the default controller for a system... absurd
I agree completely. I feel bad for the people that are getting gimped with that...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need a teammate. anyone good interested?

I'm not confirmed yet, so don't make plans yet. I should know in a week

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
(1:39:46 AM) Seibrik: ally wants u to make him one
(1:39:53 AM) Seibrik: rather, he requested me to ask u
(1:41:44 AM) bedroom: why doesnt he ask me himself
(1:41:53 AM) bedroom: i hope he remembers me @_@
(1:41:55 AM) bedroom: T_T

(2:05:21 AM) bedroom: why cant he
(2:05:22 AM) bedroom: pm me
(2:05:24 AM) bedroom: or vm me
(2:05:29 AM) bedroom: why must he ask some other back roomer
(2:05:34 AM) bedroom: am i too scrub for him to talk to
(2:05:38 AM) bedroom: god **** @_@

yo ally, all you gotta do is ask, brah.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Very good opening thread for this AlphaZealot. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this event. However, I'll be in Florida for the next two years starting in July. ;) haha. So maybe in the future.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright guys. I'm in Nashville for the MLG Combine so I have sparse internet access. However I do have some news:
-The TV's have very, very minimal lag. Roughly 1/3rd of a frame. You should be able to adapt to the lag within a match or two, however if you are someone who is extremely sensitive and cannot adapt quickly then you should make sure to use the scheduled warm up periods to prepare.
-We have sold out of the first 128 passes and now registration is capped at 256 (previously 128). The cap will likely not increase passed that, so buy your passes while they last. I don't have/know the official count but I believe there are at least 50-75 passes still available.

I'm going to try to talk to some people and see if some exceptions can be made for wii-remote users who already purchased passes and plane tickets, however I would not hold your breath on this issue since it is a technical one. The best thing I can recommend at this point is to prepare for the worst and purchase/borrow a GCN controller and begin practicing up. I know it is not an ideal solution/what you guys want to hear, but the reality of the situation is an MLG event is not like your run-of-the-mill underground tournament. Almost none of you guys have ever seen anything even close to the scale of an MLG event (it costs over $1,000,000 just to put on an event). Even the players who were around in 2006 do not know how huge the events have become and how many electronics are run through the venue and how many signals are floating through the air. If the technical guys say they can't allow the use of wii remotes, then we simply can't allow it.

Dr. Grandpa

Smash Ace
so how many of you guys gonna take out the spring in your controller for mlg? ;O i just purchased a new controller and is unsure if im going to do that to my new controller lol

-!-

Smash Lord
1/3 is really minimum not bad lol

Ohh and if I take the springs out of my controller, what exactly do I gain from it. I just never really looked In to that stuff but I just want to know.

Thanks in advance

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····

Ohh and if I take the springs out of my controller, what exactly do I gain from it. I just never really looked In to that stuff but I just want to know.

Thanks in advance
you don't have to push the button as far. saves you like 2-3 frames of difference

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Thanks in advance
Quicker shield reaction time.

-!-

Smash Lord
Ohh, I see... Maybe I should try it out >_> hanks ripple.

i dont read american.
ohh dude, could u get me some of those ketchup chips u where talking about a few days back? I think u said u had chicken wings and something else too. I can pay u back.

Lobos

Smash Master
In brawl there really isn't a need to remove the springs.

In melee it makes a slight advantage.

Lack of wiimotes is still stupid, I don't care how many new technical aspects are included now. If I don't see or know anyone that has actually tested for this "interference" then I won't believe that it does cuase interference. Good luck to my fellow wiimote/nunchuck/classic controller users. :(

*goes to play with my classic controller pro
* :p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i dont know why they can't just include a disclaimer that by using a wiimote you risk interference which could possibly lose you a match. that way they know what they're getting into and it totally their fault if they lose because of it.

Lobos

Smash Master
i dont know why they can't just include a disclaimer that by using a wiimote you risk interference which could possibly lose you a match. that way they know what they're getting into and it totally their fault if they lose because of it.
The other reason was because it "might" cause interference to the equipment. lol makes me want to "live the dream" on some hoes!!!!:mad:

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well let me play devils advocate.

Did you know that with todays technology on airplanes it is safe to use your cell phone?

Do you know why they ban it though? It is because, with new technology there is still a chance it might happen. So they rather be safe then sorry.

For those who have not been to an MLG let me set the scenario for you.

Brawl is happening and it allows wiimotes and sponsors are all over. The place looks more like an expo than a tournament ( it really does tournament areas are not the focus its the booths ). Everywhere you look there are reps from Dr. Pepper, ESPN, Strider gum and whoever is there representing a company. All of a sudden someone heres on the loud speaker.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE WHOEVER HAS THEIR WIIMOTE ON PLEASE TURN IT OFF U PRESSED THE HOME SCREEN BY ACCIDENT"

this is of course worst case since we already know we can desync it without doing something but you get the point I hope.

It is better to be safe then sorry. Now what AZ is doing is great and it helps those select few who already bought their tickets but the fact remains is that people will have to go to play-asia or ebay and find new/used gamecube controllers to play smash with. It is a great inconvenience to those who learned it with wiimotes/Cc/nunchuck but , to be frank, it is more about the masses than just those in the minority. MLG would prefer everyone plug and play then deal with a possible syncing issue.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol get *****.....

alex I like your example......except this is a game we are playing, we are not risking our lives LOL

unless you give an arm and a leg to go....

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I know we are not risking are lives lobos but hey I was watching mythbusters and they were talking about that and I thought....hmmm.. this reminds me of the wiimote debate

again I am for wiimotes and wiimotes are allowed at Apex 2010 but I understand why mlg wont have it

stingers

Smash Obsessed
wiimotes are allowed at my random nc local i'm hosting in 2 months.

razer, p~s, tearbear. i think u know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom