• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Hmm your teammate definitley wont care of course..
Fine, I'll go just to not let you down, regardless of me probably making -400 cash in return for this trip. People, keep complaining about the stages and maybe the stupidity will be lifted (and that's all it is).

ANTi_

Smash Hero
CO18 wouldn't go to Netherlands just to fulfill a partnership with you. Them stages aint worth the trip son.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i'm takin a break from photoshop, sorry guys, i'll be willing to make sigs/avatars of not JUST these things. anything and everything, gifs too.

but uh

i havent touched brawl in weeks, i've been palying too many fps'

thats not good, im gonna get last anyway cause im a scrub
i need to get on my smash grind now

Tearbear

Smash Ace
can someone tell me one thing that the wiimote will interfere with i don't see how the wiimote would be able to sync to anything else besides the wii you sync it to
the red button aint for nothing

only thing i have ever seen mess up a wiimote was a microwave
nothing else and ive never seen it interfere with other blue tooth stuff i dont see how it would nyways

CO18

Smash Hero
Fine, I'll go just to not let you down, regardless of me probably making -400 cash in return for this trip. People, keep complaining about the stages and maybe the stupidity will be lifted (and that's all it is).
Why would you think youll make -400 dollars wtf lmao. Though the stages are bad I doubt it will effect you that much. Theres almost no way you wont get at least top 8, and in the end youll just get top 3 like always. Plus we got dubz. Stop bein an emo nub

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea, this isn't Pound/Genesis where like 4th place gets $100 and 8th place gets $20. You should be able to place as low as like 7th and STILL not go -$400 unless you have like extreme costs (which you apparently don't since you are driving down, not flying).

Singles
1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,500
3rd - $1,000
4th - $700
5th - $500
6th - $350
7th - $250
8th - $200

This is also not SNES or Winterfest. You will get your money. You can ask ANY former MLG event prize winner from 2006 (or 2007 Underground Circuit). Also don't forget that points accumulate and give you a better seed as the season goes on. This is especially important for the national championship where 8th place is a minimum of $1,000 and 1st place is $12,500. A lot of you players will be making more money then you have ever before in Smash.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
live strem is on the mlgpro.com homepage go there event time and u can switch from halo, to tekken to brawl or whatever u have to make an account though. the petition isnt going to work at all. stages are final for this event they may consider changes for next event, but as for now learn to play on these stages they are final
Correct, the Live Stream is not on TV, it is shown through MLGPro.com

Live Stream details have not been announced for Orlando, so please stay tuned for further information.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Last thing, is it illegal to ask my opponent to play with the standard stagelist (AKA only neutrals for the first round, norfair/picto/ps1/green greens/every other silly stage off)? Ally would definitely agree with this, and I know some others would.

-!-

Smash Lord
Next thing you know Shadow Moses will be legal. Fantastic........

Now this I Like XD except against a DDD >_>

Last thing, is it illegal to ask my opponent to play with the standard stagelist (AKA only neutrals for the first round, norfair/picto/ps1/green greens/every other silly stage off)? Ally would definitely agree with this, and I know some others would.
shhh!!! Just don't tell. :laugh:

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
If you and your opponent both agree to that, than that is fine.

Please just make sure to follow the stage selecting rules:
  1. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  2. After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.

CO18

Smash Hero

1. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  2. After the Stage has been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
aaaaaaaamennn

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

Best news ever

clowsui

Smash Legend
adhd if u encounter easy opponents just don't ban stages against them

you'll still win + the stupidity will be removed because you're top 3 lol, you get a win and you work towards your future win in one match

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Nothing stopping you guys from NOT picking stages. Don't know how much you are gonna trust all your opponents though when the difference between 1st and 2nd is $1,000. By all means, if you guys don't want to use the stages you don't have to, just like at any tournament. However you cannot select stages that are not part of the list (I'm guessing this won't be an issue lol). You also cannot select a stage that you or the opponent banned before game 1 (as your stage ban). And I believe (if it has not already been updated) we will have some form of DSR in play, so that will also apply.

So, if the DSR rule is "you cannot select a stage you have already won on as your counterpick" then even if you and the opponent agree, you still cannot select the stage.

Considering the East Coast stage list artificially makes Diddy Kong one of the best characters in the game, I cannot see all your opponents agreeing to not use every tool potentially at their disposal. Course, if they do they are only hurting themselves by taking away options. Ultimately any gentleman's agreement is not an enforceable agreement (as in, if you decide later that, hey, you want to play on Green Greens, you are within your right by the rules to play there despite any gentleman's agreement you have to otherwise).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Theres usually a rule that says that if your opponent agrees to it, you can choose to play on any stage in the game.

It sounds like thats not allowed here...?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
So, any word on them Wii Remotes yet? Considering I've paid for everything already, this needs to make haste...the tournament is right around the corner....

D1

Banned via Administration
So we had a tourney today w/ the MLG ruleset in the EC. All the top seeded MK mains just struck SV, FD, BF, forcing us to be left w/ Castle Seige, Delfino, Halberd, PS1, Yoshi's, and Lylat.

MK clearly ***** on those other stages vs. chars like Diddy and Falco. I sense MKs and Snakes rising to the top in this. G'luck to the Falcos and Diddy's vs. MK @ this tourney.

I already saw mad ppl gettin their MK sh** ready since they know they're gonna deal w/ mad stages that MK rule on by default since most smart MK mains are gonna ban the neutrals that will give their competition a chance.

Good sh** guys for throwing out research that people did 2 years ago on stages, and reverting us back to the first year of Brawl.

We might as well add Lugi's while we're at it. Plank where you at. Critical Hit 3 anyone?

I love the stages, just the choices of what's neutral and what isn't is stupid.

Btw...so far everyone at the TriState area tourney today looked like they loved Green Greens...except maybe Inui, but I know we all hated Norfair. Picto got mixed reviews, and ppl just made believe PS2 didn't even exist LOLOL.

iRJi

Smash Champion
So we had a tourney today w/ the MLG ruleset in the EC. All the top seeded MK mains just struck SV, FD, BF, forcing us to be left w/ Castle Seige, Delfino, Halberd, PS1, Yoshi's, and Lylat.

MK clearly ***** on those other stages vs. chars like Diddy and Falco. I sense MKs and Snakes rising to the top in this. G'luck to the Falcos and Diddy's vs. MK @ this tourney.

I already saw mad ppl gettin their MK sh** ready since they know they're gonna deal w/ mad stages that MK rule on by default since most smart MK mains are gonna ban the neutrals that will give their competition a chance.

Good sh** guys for throwing out research that people did 2 years ago on stages, and reverting us back to the first year of Brawl.

We might as well add Lugi's while we're at it. Plank where you at. Critical Hit 3 anyone?

I love the stages, just the choices of what's neutral and what isn't is stupid.

Btw...so far everyone at the TriState area tourney today looked like they loved Green Greens...except maybe Inui, but I know we all hated Norfair. Picto got mixed reviews, and ppl just made believe PS2 didn't even exist LOLOL.
Quoted for truth.

Green greens was fine. The selection of neutrals was pretty rough to play on. I know I recommended 7 neutrals before, and by actually playing @ bums tourney with the settings for MLG in play, the 7 neutral idea became a fact. Right now it is heavily leaning on MK's and Snake's favor, and I suggest the amount of stages should be looked at immediately. I also believe that the way stages are being striked is a bit faulty. A 3-4-1 system is not really fair. If you are going to increase the stages from 5 to 9, a 1-1 system would be better. I am not saying change all the rules to EC rules or anything. It is not the proper way of going about it, but you seriously need to fix the neutral list or there is going to be a lot of issues. Please for the sake of all your smashers who are attending the MLG tournament, reconsider the neutral selection and fix it so there are more characters who can preform fairly on stages.

By recommendation just from me alone, I would do this as the selection of stages:

Final
Battlefield,
Yoshi's
Lylat
Smashville
Pokemon 1
Castle

Make the system 1-2-2-1 for stage striking. Move the last 2 stages that were Neutrals to CP's, and just eliminate Norfair from the equation. Keep everything else.

This by far is a solid idea.

PS: There is no rule for scrooging. I suggest you put one in play because this is a big issue. Just make it like:

If a selected player goes under the stage, he must go onto the stage before attempting to go under the stage again. Failure to follow the rule will result in a stock loss. Failure to follow the rule twice will result in a forfeit of the match. The platform of Smashville is not considered a part of the selected stage, and therefore will not count to the landing portion of this rule.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
um no RJ. the platform on smashville IS a part of the stage and the oppnent can clearly get on that platform to stop MK, pit, etc from getting on it.

and it also isnt a big issue. not even for you

it was used what? once at viridian(where m2k fought meep again, didnt do it and still ***** him), once at winterfest(in one round vs gnes), once at pound(me vs dekar)? really? pro ban bias. not a big issue

clowsui

Smash Legend

---

D1 mah dude....you know I love you, but you can't say MK does better on CS and Halberd than Diddy Kong and Falco. If MK strikes those 3...you strike 4 and leave those two. Simple as that.

Green Greens is ********. Norfair is annoying, but okay except for stalling things. Pictochat is fine, so is PS2. Ironically enough you guys decided to ignore one of the fairer ones and decide to play on the more annoying ones, which is fine I guess just dumb.

M@v

Subarashii!
If they strike fd sv and bf, the only thing falco has left is ps1 and Maybe halberd. Fox mains should love this ruleset; their top 3 stages (fd,ps1,halberd) are neutrals.

ADHD

Smash Hero
PLEASE ONLY ALLOW NEUTRALS FOR THE FIRST ROUND!!!

The counterpicks don't even matter, but WHY on earth would you do this to people, mlg? What genius is behind this, really? Is the back room this intelligent?

clowsui

Smash Legend
WTF @ ps1, ps1 is far worse than castle siege for falco...on CS first transformation has fairly low ceiling + forces enemies into close quarters so that falco doesn't have to approach them

2nd transformation he can camp if he doesn't like it or he can refresh his moves by triple jabbing the statues...he also has 4 plats to work with at maximum 2 as a minimum

3rd transformation is a tilting FD

@adhd: which neutrals are you referring to?

also the BR was consulted, which basically means they had not that much control over this

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
PLEASE ONLY ALLOW NEUTRALS FOR THE FIRST ROUND!!!

The counterpicks don't even matter, but WHY on earth would you do this to people, mlg? What genius is behind this, really? Is the back room this intelligent?
We didn't contribute much to this ruleset. The only thing that was mostly agreed on in the BR was the 9 neutral set. Oh no, so your character doesn't get a huge advantage because one of your 3 stages doesn't have to be the first match? I'm so sorry ADHD, it OBVIOUSLY means you shouldn't come to the tournament.

Seriously, it isn't that bad. Diddy has BF, FD, SV, PS1 as GOOD stages for him. I could imagine castle siege being decent. It is more of a fair first match instead of you having a huge advantage.

Also, define a neutral please.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Oh, okay.

The neutrals should be, AND ALWAYS battlefield, smashville, final destination, ps1 or lylat, and yoshis island.

They're just going to realize what they've done and change the rules to the way they should have been for this one, I really don't get the point or what they're doing. If it had some kind of sense, maybe I'd find it and say.. okay, I guess. But this is ludicrous and favoring certain characters by alot. You're going to have worse players win simply because of stages. AZ, who do you even represent anymore? Metaknight?

We didn't contribute much to this ruleset. The only thing that was mostly agreed on in the BR was the 9 neutral set. Oh no, so your character doesn't get a huge advantage because one of your 3 stages doesn't have to be the first match? I'm so sorry ADHD, it OBVIOUSLY means you shouldn't come to the tournament.

Seriously, it isn't that bad. Diddy has BF, FD, SV, PS1 as GOOD stages for him. I could imagine castle siege being decent. It is more of a fair first match instead of you having a huge advantage.

Also, define a neutral please.
It's not even about me. I've played on this ruleset yesterday and it can only come down to lylat, yoshis, or ps1. Ps1 is the best option for the neutral-based characters, but even that stage is mediocre for them. It's worse than you think.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It's favoring characters that have a lot of good stages to use? I never knew that adaptation to a stage was a bad thing.

You don't need a stagnant stage to be a starter. So they added 3 extra stages that you don't think are good. Strike them...now its the 6 you said. Is that a problem?

clowsui

Smash Legend
ADHD:

BF/SV/FD are struck by the MK

you strike YI/LC/HL/DP

you're left w/ PS1 and CS, PS1 is hugely in your favor so you're left with CS, which is not a terrible diddy kong vs. MK stage by any means since MK has to fight against large ceilings + fight you on a tilted FD

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's favoring characters that have a lot of good stages to use? I never knew that adaptation to a stage was a bad thing.

You don't need a stagnant stage to be a starter. So they added 3 extra stages that you don't think are good. Strike them...now its the 6 you said. Is that a problem?
It's not even adaption, it's an instant advantage. You can't just strike them while at the same time your good stages are being striked as well.

Clowsui, castle seige isn't unwinnable, but it sucks and can be a burden against DDD or snake. That's why it is a counterpick stage.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So both characters' best neutral stages are being struck, leaving with a somewhat balanaced stage? I never thought that was the point of a starter match. Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom