• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
You're so gay for not coming!!!
i SOOOOO want to you have no idea

i just personally dont have the money for airfare atm, so if my sponsor can get together $ for the travel on such short notice I will be there in a heartbeat. Sponsor money or not though, I'll be at columbus since if needed I can take a bus there which isn't bad price wise.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
there should be a shuttle, regardless, when you touch down at the airport ask the help desk.

there's always some sort of transit coming to and from, tell them where you need to go and you'll definitely find a way.
otherwise post in the atlantic south social forums and i'm sure somoene can help you out~
Oh **** for real?

What's the shuttle's schedule?

D1

Banned via Administration
I guess the SBR likes making this Metaknight League Gaming.
Done.

I guess no one realized when Atomsk posted it...or maybe they thought he was right and decided not to refute his statement.

I already bought my tickets...so from here on in I'll clam up and might as well work on using MK on the ******** MK-advantageous stages since there's no point in using Falco on a stage where most MK players will dominate on regardless.

With the argument over "all the many different matchups in this game"...regardless how many chars and matchpus there are in this game people who want the W will just go MK and streamroll the competition effortlessly.

Anyways, I don't wanna derail the thread.

Seeya'll @ Oh-landoh.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Done.

I guess no one realized when Atomsk posted it...or maybe they thought he was right and decided not to refute his statement.

I already bought my tickets...so from here on in I'll clam up and might as well work on using MK on the ******** MK-advantageous stages since there's no point in using Falco on a stage where most MK players will dominate on regardless.

With the argument over "all the many different matchups in this game"...regardless how many chars and matchpus there are in this game people who want the W will just go MK and streamroll the competition effortlessly.

Anyways, I don't wanna derail the thread.

Seeya'll @ Oh-landoh.
These really weird rules are actually making me think over twice going to colombus tbh. If anything, some of Canadas top MKs will be there.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Oh **** for real?

What's the shuttle's schedule?
I wouldn't know since I live in Miami, but Airports without transits and shuttles are kinda dum.
Last time i've been to the disney area and surrounding areas there are a lot of buses and stuff that passby.

which airport are you guys flying in from?

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/local_transport.htm

theres shuttle/bus info for MCO

edit: for the MLG shuttle/transit services, i dunno~

OverLade

Smash Hero
MK will dominate the first event, and I doubt there will be many people in the top 16 who didn't use MK at all...

I really hope MLG will see their horrible mistake and use an EC stagelist instead of banning MK though...

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice
I need a GOOD team partner for this :'( I'm not 100% sure if I'll go to this right now but I have to look for someone asap, let me know if you want team with me. My chars right now are DDD duh 2nd Lucario and 3rd Kirby/Wolf.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
MLG (professional staff members) > BBR (whiny kids). Why? Because MLG staff is unbiased since they are not competing in the tournament. Which makes a NON-corrupted stage list.
Example, ADHD complaining about changing the MLG stage list to get more benefit for his character Diddy Kong to do better. We all know Diddy does better on SV, FD, and BF, MLG staff members probably see through this deceivement and pressure to change the stages. Wise up people!

EDIT: I'm not saying all BBR members are corrupt, but some are.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Example, ADHD complaining about changing the MLG stage list to get more benefit for his character Diddy Kong to do better. We all know Diddy does better on SV, FD, and BF, MLG staff members probably see through this deceivement and pressure to change the stages. Wise up people!
lolz If you had been trained your entire life that you were gonna be a boxer, and then once you get to the pro league the people have knifes, how would you feel caliburchamp?]

iRJi

Smash Champion
Kk, I am home now. Time to get posting.

Ruleset 3 wont be out for over 2 months, and frankly I do not know if it is correct or not. It might or might not. I haven't read up on the topic much.

The biggest things (in no order) imo are:
-Legality of Green Greens
-Legality of Norfair
-Having an LGL
-If a LGL must be enstated, then why does it apply to all characters and not just MK
-Some grab release infinites are banned while others are not (example, why can't Marth GR infinite Lucas/Ness while Sheik and others can? What about GR stalling with Wario from characters like Bowser?)
-Some "infinites" are allowed like DDD on various characters are not allowed yet others are (like DDD on DDD or Zero Suit on ROB)
-Basing a lot of rules off of seeding such as who strikes first (esp at Orlando where it's all seeded randomly)
-Picking the stage bans before match 1 even occurs
-You can not use modified controllers and yet controllers without shoulder springs are allowed
This in majority is silly. I actually support Green Greens after playing with it for the past week, and then having a tournament with it on. Overall people didn't seem to mind it, and players actually enjoyed playing on it when it did happen.

Norfair is silly. This over all is a stage where you want to time out your opponent when you get a lead, and force them to approach you. Kinda makes it dumb imo.

I think the most silly thing you said here is that there does not need to be a LGL. Please, be practical. the LGL is not just enforced because of Metaknight, so just saying that it should only apply to him is just rude =/.

um no RJ. the platform on smashville IS a part of the stage and the oppnent can clearly get on that platform to stop MK, pit, etc from getting on it.

and it also isnt a big issue. not even for you

it was used what? once at viridian(where m2k fought meep again, didnt do it and still ***** him), once at winterfest(in one round vs gnes), once at pound(me vs dekar)? really? pro ban bias. not a big issue
Overall, The stage being separated from the platform should play a roll. I am not inducing any rule, and overall if people say that it is part of the stage, then so be it. It really does not matter to me either/or. My issue is that there needs to be a rule of that sort in play.

When I post, I tend to keep any bias reaction to it, and just state the facts. This has been said about me quite a few times, and I take pride in it. I don't see things for how I want them, because overall in life it's not really how things work. I see and judge majority of the things in life on how it is. Just because people do not scrooge, does not mean it can't be done, which is what I am getting to. A tatic that discontinues the game from being played is a form of stalling, and scrooging, if done or not, is part of that statement. This combined with the ledge grab rule will enforce and help limit stalling by a solid amount.

I also was not just applying this just because of Metaknight. Pit and Jiggs can do the same thing,just to a lesser extent, and because of that, this should only increase the vote more on the rule.

Ksizzle, please don't think that this has anything to do with me being pro ban, because it is far from the truth. I do listen to all sides, and try to formulate a proper action that can result in satisfaction for a majority of players. Normally nothing I say results in me just saying it because I am bias in anyway. Take me stating I want Norfair gone for example. Ask around, It is my favorite stage in the game =].

Anywho, <3 (No homo Lol)

Green greens was fine. The selection of neutrals was pretty rough to play on. I know I recommended 7 neutrals before, and by actually playing @ bums tourney with the settings for MLG in play, the 7 neutral idea became a fact. Right now it is heavily leaning on MK's and Snake's favor, and I suggest the amount of stages should be looked at immediately. I also believe that the way stages are being striked is a bit faulty. A 3-4-1 system is not really fair. If you are going to increase the stages from 5 to 9, a 1-1 system would be better. I am not saying change all the rules to EC rules or anything. It is not the proper way of going about it, but you seriously need to fix the neutral list or there is going to be a lot of issues. Please for the sake of all your smashers who are attending the MLG tournament, reconsider the neutral selection and fix it so there are more characters who can preform fairly on stages.

By recommendation just from me alone, I would do this as the selection of stages:

Final
Battlefield,
Yoshi's
Lylat
Smashville
Pokemon 1
Castle

Make the system 1-2-2-1 for stage striking. Move the last 2 stages that were Neutrals to CP's, and just eliminate Norfair from the equation. Keep everything else.

This by far is a solid idea.

PS: There is no rule for scrooging. I suggest you put one in play because this is a big issue. Just make it like:

If a selected player goes under the stage, he must go onto the stage before attempting to go under the stage again. Failure to follow the rule will result in a stock loss. Failure to follow the rule twice will result in a forfeit of the match. The platform of Smashville is not considered a part of the selected stage, and therefore will not count to the landing portion of this rule.
This, just incase people have missed it.

iRJi

Smash Champion
If you support greens greens then your post just lost all validity...
It is not that I support it 100%, It's that I should have tested it way more then I did back then before calling the stage completely ban worthy. After playing on it a for a while, it seems that the stage can go back into testing for viability. I will admit, the state has it's dumb factors, and some luck based action. But so does Norfair, Pictochat, PS 1 and 2 (more 2 then 1) and a few others. No actual stage can 100% avoid a luck factor, It is just that some stages are more lucked based then others.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
lolz If you had been trained your entire life that you were gonna be a boxer, and then once you get to the pro league the people have knifes, how would you feel caliburchamp?]
It's all part of the game still. Bringing a knife against a boxer is different, that's something physical. Playing games is more mental and doesn't require physical training.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It is not that I support it 100%, It's that I should have tested it way more then I did back then before calling the stage completely ban worthy. After playing on it a for a while, it seems that the stage can go back into testing for viability. I will admit, the state has it's dumb factors, and some luck based action. But so does Norfair, Pictochat, PS 1 and 2 (more 2 then 1) and a few others. No actual stage can 100% avoid a luck factor, It is just that some stages are more lucked based then others.
There is absolutely nothing viable about a stage where an exploding block can randomly fall and stage spike you against it and down into a blastzone. GGs.

Not to mention the exploding wall glitch, ridiculously low ceiling, ability to scrooge, and wall infinites...

Dekar173

Justice Man
It's all part of the game still. Bringing a knife against a boxer is different, that's something physical. Playing games is more mental and doesn't require physical training.
His analogy went over your head.

Wyatt has trained for countless hours under the pretenses that GG and PS2 wouldn't be legal (the two most contested, from what I can see) and now they are.

Think of him as the boxer, Green Greens and PS2 as the knives, and MLG as a "boxing" match, and now you'll understand.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
There is absolutely nothing viable about a stage where an exploding block can randomly fall and stage spike you against it and down into a blastzone. GGs.

Not to mention the exploding wall glitch, ridiculously low ceiling, ability to scrooge, and wall infinites...
It's a counterpick for projectile spammers, like Falco, Diddy Kong, Wolf. That's probably the only reason why it is allowed. You can always choose to ban it with your stage strikes.

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's a counterpick for projectile spammers, like Falco, Diddy Kong, Wolf. That's probably the only reason why it is allowed. You can always choose to ban it with your stage strikes.
It's a counterpick stage, not a neutral so you can't strike it, and I main MK/Snake so I have no reason to waste a ban on it.

It shouldn't be legal because it's too random and absurdly good for a select few characters.

iRJi

Smash Champion

I am aware of the glitches, but like I said (and I know you saw it when you quoted me, or you didn't read my post fully) All stages have a luck factor, just some stages have more of a luck based factor then others. The same goes for the glitches. I personally have fell threw Rainbow cruise's 3rd section of the stage, while just standing on solid ground. You can take halberd for bombs and lasers. If we are going to deem luck factors and stage obstacles in to the equation. Falling under Frigate? Face it, dumb **** happens on majority of the stages in play. We just decide what is dumb enough to be used in play, and what isn't. What I am saying is, when we tested the stages, it was so long ago. Retest them, each one of you is a smarter player now from a year or 2 ago. You might be surprised on what you might have considered dumb a year ago is just an "o.k" thing now.

Just for the information. The wall infinite is the only reason I wanted the stage gone to be honest. Unlike other stages, you can not avoid this factor for ever. You can however, help it so it does not happen by a large amount. Do you know if you destroy the bottom blocks on green greens, but not the top ones, they do not respond? You have to destroy the top ones in order for new blocks to take it's place. To avoid a wall infinite, destroy the bottom blocks of the walls, this can be done with a lot of projectiles, and a lot of characters down tilts.

Experiment first hand before saying something should not be in use at all. It is one thing to go by someone else information, which can be accurate, but the more people that play around and test, the more results that will be pulled in.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
His analogy went over your head.

Wyatt has trained for countless hours under the pretenses that GG and PS2 wouldn't be legal (the two most contested, from what I can see) and now they are.

Think of him as the boxer, Green Greens and PS2 as the knives, and MLG as a "boxing" match, and now you'll understand.
Your opponent is more like a knife than the stage is. Anyways, the stage endangers both you and your opponent, not just you. It's a counter pick stage, that's what a counter pick stage is for, and you can always choose to stage strike against it if your character isn't good on that stage.

OverLade

Smash Hero
The amount of dumb **** that happens on Green greens is comparable to the amount of dumb **** that can happen on all the other stages combined.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Your opponent is more like a knife than the stage is. Anyways, the stage endangers both you and your opponent, not just you. It's a counter pick stage, that's what a counter pick stage is for, and you can always choose to stage strike against it if your character isn't good on that stage.
Your missing the big issue, honestly. It is not just the stages alone, it is the amount of stages combined with the stage striking system. Doing a 3-4-1 system enables a single person with 1 full swing to disable all old standard neutrals, and only leave new ones. Having this system enables a person to disable all bad stages against a single character at a high chance, leaving them with nothing to properly play on. It is essentially CPing a person at the beginning of the match. Now the issue with all of this is, with a 9 stage selection system, this is an improper way to strike stages. A 1-2-2-2-1 Striking system is far superior then a 3-4-1 system. It enables both sides to easily go to a stage where both players can feel comfortable on.

Now another issue is that with the amount of stages, it does lean to certain characters (mainly MK and Snake) too much in there favor. While all characters are not viable in this game, a good amount are. This stage system cuts the number down by a lot. Now with the 3-4-1 system this is a very true statement. HOWEVER, a 1-2-2-2-1 system may not be the case. I would like to test this out myself a few times, but the 3-4-1 system needs to go, or you need to cut at least 2 stages from the list to make it more viable to more characters.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

M@v

Subarashii!
You're so gay for not coming!!!
Disney has the magical express. Its a bus service that runs from the airport to the disney hotel your staying in.

Come on people. I've told you all I'm a cast member, so if you got hotel questions/disney question, ASK ME! If I dont know it right away, i can find out very easily.

:)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Disney has the magical express. Its a bus service that runs from the airport to the disney hotel your staying in.

Come on people. I've told you all I'm a cast member, so if you got hotel questions/disney question, ASK ME! If I dont know it right away, i can find out very easily.

:)
But I need transportation to GDX' place, because I'm not staying at the hotel ;p

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Your missing the big issue, honestly. It is not just the stages alone, it is the amount of stages combined with the stage striking system. Doing a 3-4-1 system enables a single person with 1 full swing to disable all old standard neutrals, and only leave new ones. Having this system enables a person to disable all bad stages against a single character at a high chance, leaving them with nothing to properly play on. It is essentially CPing a person at the beginning of the match. Now the issue with all of this is, with a 9 stage selection system, this is an improper way to strike stages. A 1-2-2-2-1 Striking system is far superior then a 3-4-1 system. It enables both sides to easily go to a stage where both players can feel comfortable on.

Now another issue is that with the amount of stages, it does lean to certain characters (mainly MK and Snake) too much in there favor. While all characters are not viable in this game, a good amount are. This stage system cuts the number down by a lot. Now with the 3-4-1 system this is a very true statement. HOWEVER, a 1-2-2-2-1 system may not be the case. I would like to test this out myself a few times, but the 3-4-1 system needs to go, or you need to cut at least 2 stages from the list to make it more viable to more characters.
so what your saying is that if we used the BBR striking order with this stagelist mk mains wouldn't strike FD BF and SV against diddy just because they have to do it on at a time?

LOLOL whats stopping someone from just yelling the 3 stages he's going to be striking? do they get DQed if they somehow decide before hand that they want to strike FD BF and SV?

If I'm facing ADHD and i have the ability to strike diddy's best counter pick stages i'm going to do it no matter what order you make me do it in. :chuckle:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've had this discussion with many people. Playing against an IC player is gonna be so frustrating for them as MK.

"I strike FD, Battle Field, Smashville, and PS1" lol. That leaves Yoshi's Island or Lylat for them to choose from, unless they really want to try to take on MK on Halberd, Delfino, or Castle Siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom