• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Deimos, is the ruling on Wiimotes changed or are they still not allowed?
As of now, Wiimotes are not permitted. If this for some reason changes, I will update everybody here.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does this mean I can not play Brawl friendlies at all during the event? I'm not familiar with how that works at MLG events.
Correct. Players and spectators will posses separate wristbands and only players will be allowed within the ropes of the station.

The only exception to this rule I can foresee right now are players who are entering only doubles and not singles, but there will only be a small handful that fit into this category and it will be easy to monitor.

MLG_Deimos

^Players who are entering the tourney are allowed to play friendlies a lot, though, right?
If the stations are not being utilized, they will be available for warm-up during the designated warm-up (free play) hours.

The warm-up times are as follows:
Friday - 1:30 PM - 5 PM ET
Saturday - 8 AM - 10 AM ET

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
1. Is anyone driving down here and going through GA. If so, could they possible give me a ride?
2. FREE FOOD = EPIC
3. G&W, Olimar mains, i will learn and play the stages at this accordingly sense whining will do nothing. just saying guys. In stead of whining learn. CAUSE KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
4. Free FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Old Spice

I am so pumped for MLG weekened!

MLG_Deimos

any idea how often the shuttle comes and how long it takes?
From what I can see, there is no set schedule. You can reserve the shuttle service by calling (407) WDW-MAGIC or (407) 939-6244

Or you can just go to the Disney Express Shuttle Center in the Main Terminal and wait for the next shuttle to pick you up.

M@v

Subarashii!
If the stations are not being utilized, they will be available for warm-up during the designated warm-up (free play) hours.

The warm-up times are as follows:
Friday - 1:30 PM - 5 PM ET
Saturday - 8 AM - 10 AM ET
deimos, I am one of the few cases that is only entering doubles( I unfortuantely couldn't enter singles due to work). Is there going to be a small warmup time on Sunday I can use?

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I had heard that there will be LCD TV's used at MLG Orlando. Is this confirmed?

Also, in such a case, would you happen to know how many milliseconds of lag the official TV's would have?

In my honest opinion, this is extremely important. I also believe that it's almost impossible to experience or spectate competitive play at the highest level with those specific LCD TV's that have more lag than tube TV's.

I have, however, played on an LCD TV while using component cables and noticed almost 0 lag. I am really hoping that component cables will be used if this is the case.

I would appreciate your feedback, thank you =)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I had heard that there will be LCD TV's used at MLG Orlando. Is this confirmed?

Also, in such a case, would you happen to know how many milliseconds of lag the official TV's would have?

In my honest opinion, this is extremely important. I also believe that it's almost impossible to experience or spectate competitive play at the highest level with those specific LCD TV's that have more lag than tube TV's.

I have, however, played on an LCD TV while using component cables and noticed almost 0 lag. I am really hoping that component cables will be used if this is the case.

I would appreciate your feedback, thank you =)
yeah LCD tvs, they do have Component cables but I heard theres something about 1/3 frame lag, I forgot.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I think AZ said the TVs would have 1/3 of a frame of lag. The information about that is somewhere in the last 30 pages.

EDIT: Ally beat me to it xD

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No you can go in and find out what the lag is or should be. I'm sure most people cannot discern that much lag visually, if any.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Halberd is a smart man.

Also I haven't read everything about this, but what is MLG's stance on drugs? Particularly stuff like Adderall. I think it's obvious you would not allow stuff like Alcohol or Green, but I am curious what would be done about that kind of stuff.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Halberd is a smart man.

Also I haven't read everything about this, but what is MLG's stance on drugs? Particularly stuff like Adderall. I think it's obvious you would not allow stuff like Alcohol or Green, but I am curious what would be done about that kind of stuff.
Want to hear a rumor?
(ibdelete

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I see no point in taking it. I play so slow, there's no need for me to pay attention closer or be able to move or react faster.

I have enough time, while running around, to watch other people play and not watch what goes on my screen. Maybe I will SDI even more ********, but I think I should spare the community some mind blowing techs and SDI so that Brawl doesn't explode.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
If you need that **** to win, I have absolutely no respect for you.
agree soooooooooooooo much
ESPECIALLY because it's Brawl
holy **** there's no technical skill whatsoever
sorry if you can't get that full length dacus without your adderall
jeeez some people. its a video game. if you're so serious about it you need to take a drug to do better, don't play it.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
agree soooooooooooooo much
ESPECIALLY because it's Brawl
holy **** there's no technical skill whatsoever
sorry if you can't get that full length dacus without your adderall
jeeez some people. its a video game. if you're so serious about it you need to take a drug to do better, don't play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom