• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
agree soooooooooooooo much
ESPECIALLY because it's Brawl
holy **** there's no technical skill whatsoever
sorry if you can't get that full length dacus without your adderall
jeeez some people. its a video game. if you're so serious about it you need to take a drug to do better, don't play it.
win post is win

Edit:
Never take adderal. Anyone thinking of trying it is a ****ing moron.
This post is also win

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol obvious troll is obvious

someone should just save time and combine all the sponsored food into 1 food item, and call it the wombo combo (cause thats what it'll do to your stomach)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You want to really make it big?

Get paid in Pennies. That will make it rain an ocean lol.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
get paid in pennies so that dude can swim home on his money?

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Regarding the millisecond lag:
From what I'm told the lag hovers mostly between 15-25 milliseconds. However at any time it could spike upwards to 50-60 milliseconds (roughly 2-3 frames) or drop to almost 0. Tis the nature of the beast. As a reference they have this same problem for Halo, most players have grown so accustomed to it they do not even notice. Its only the really old school guys who grew up with tube tvs that notice and according to them its not a big deal at all and you can adapt very quickly.

Stop talking about adderall. The general policy here on Smashboards is that you cannot talk about any illegal or controlled substance (and this policy also means that even if you are 21 and can drink alcohol: don't talk about it). Warnings will ensue from here-forth.

-!-

Smash Lord
Drinks are:

Dr. Pepper
Diet Dr. Pepper
Cherry Dr. Pepper
Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper (I believe)
I Love Dr. Pepper :laugh:

I was playing today by the MLG rules on the new stages such as Green greens and PS2 and its like ehhh DK feels so weird -_-
I did too Yesterday... and I got soooo bored after a few matches :ohwell:

also, I remember someone posted a Glitch in Green Greens a while back... That thing happened to me right at the beginning of the match (which was Actually the first time I've ever played in since Day one of Brawl.....) and I got it again after that too... and those damm blocks became very annoying... though I had fun with 'em Apples :laugh:

How does that Glitch happen anyways??? maybe I can be bad and use it to my advantage >_>

-!-

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Hmm, what player should i sidebet on that i think is going to get top 8...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I Love Dr. Pepper :laugh:

I did too Yesterday... and I got soooo bored after a few matches :ohwell:

also, I remember someone posted a Glitch in Green Greens a while back... That thing happened to me right at the beginning of the match (which was Actually the first time I've ever played in since Day one of Brawl.....) and I got it again after that too... and those damm blocks became very annoying... though I had fun with 'em Apples :laugh:

How does that Glitch happen anyways??? maybe I can be bad and use it to my advantage >_>

-!-

correct me If Im wrong but it sounds like you are talking about the wall of fire glitch.

There is a wall of invisible fire that can appear in the gaps where the blocks drop and they go from where the ledges are at that gap all the way to the top of the stage.

last I heard the glitch is created by destroying 2 bomb blocks, at the same time, with one attack, with no character taking damage.

Ikes fair is one of the few moves that can do this, and the only one I can currently thinking of.

-!-

Smash Lord

correct me If Im wrong but it sounds like you are talking about the wall of fire glitch.

There is a wall of invisible fire that can appear in the gaps where the blocks drop and they go from where the ledges are at that gap all the way to the top of the stage.

last I heard the glitch is created by destroying 2 bomb blocks, at the same time, with one attack, with no character taking damage.

Ikes fair is one of the few moves that can do this, and the only one I can currently thinking of.
That's the one, The Invisible Fire Wall, I was Snake at the time and I think it was a C4 that I exploded randomly while my bro was getting near me and baam that thing appeared. It was located on the top right side of the Stage where the blocks fall, as you just mentioned. Thanks for the info.

hmmm :chuckle:

-!-

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not gonna pick green greens or norfair and stuff, but I will be playing on them at home a lot just so I can get good at gaying people that try to gay me there. I highly prefer fighting, but I can play the gay game if I'm forced to.
If by "forced to" you mean every time you get nervous and plank on your last stock for the last 4 minutes because you were too aggressive for the first 4, then sure. ;)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna pick green greens or norfair and stuff, but I will be playing on them at home a lot just so I can get good at gaying people that try to gay me there. I highly prefer fighting, but I can play the gay game if I'm forced to.

This is how everyone should be looking at the situation.

iRJi

Smash Champion

It's a poor mentality, honestly. Sure, the game might be "fun" if you play it out, but this isn't for kibbles and bits treats. There is 2.5g's on the line. If you expect anyone over 4% of the people who are going to not do something that can increase their chances of winning by a huge margin, then you are thinking wrong.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

No, this is the opposite way you should be looking at it.

You have two non-neutral mindsets:

This stage should be on

This stage should be off

If you feel this stage should be on, whatever "this stage" is, you can play on the stage as normal. Acknowledging that this stage might not be the best bet for you or your character would be wise, and study is needed. Seeing a stage to be routinely hated that you know should be legal is a sure sign of success. When someone complains about something, they complain for a reason; generally, because it's effective or hard for them to stop. So if you see M2K complaining about a stage liek Green Greens.... TAKE HIM THERE. He's obviously uncomfortable and would prefer a bread-and-butter stage that fits everything he's currently learned.

If you feel this stage should be off, you can play hero if you want. This doesn't mean you should make a tirade on the forums. Rather, showcase exactly what you think is bad about this stage on VoD and win tons of money in the process! If you can't win with this, chances are it is a legitimate skillset you're testing and you're either wrong or saying something solely based on your own personal opinion.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
As of now, Wiimotes are not permitted. If this for some reason changes, I will update everybody here.
So can you get someone to post exactly how a wii-mote can interfere with the bluetooth devices that mlg will be using.

If enough evidence can be provided by community, showing that there will not be any interference caused by the use of the wii-mote, will the restriction of their use be lifted?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Important Announcement!

Important Announcement!

I would like to say that you need to register for Teambuilder, in case you all forgot. Please go to MLGPRO.com and sign in, then click your name. From there, you can click the team builder link and fill it out. It takes about 30 seconds to do, and it is required. Please, everyone do so ASAP.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Important Announcement!

I would like to say that you need to register for Teambuilder, in case you all forgot. Please go to MLGPRO.com and sign in, then click your name. From there, you can click the team builder link and fill it out. It takes about 30 seconds to do, and it is required. Please, everyone do so ASAP.
mlg deimos said that the team builder was not required because all the teams would be registered on sunday.

-!-

Smash Lord
I'm confirmed too, even though I didn't put any info of my partner??? I think I did it wrong.... XD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
@ overswarm - really? I think Green Greens and Corneria are hella stupid in Melee. I got a free 3 stock on Mango by picking Green Greens at Super Champ Combo. I just feel stages with random elements are dumb, and I'm going to play as gay as possible when ppl take me there. I can time anyone out just fine I just prefer not to. Stages like that HEAVILY encourage me to time them out rather than fight.

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
Important Announcement!

Thank you for that. Officially confirmed.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Important Announcement!

Even if you're only doing singles?

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
mlg deimos said that the team builder was not required because all the teams would be registered on sunday.
That is not correct.

If you purchased a SSBB pass through the MLG Store, you should use www.mlgpro.com/teambuilder to confirm your team/pass.

Arturito_Burrito, you are referring to the Doubles side competition that takes place on Sunday. Registration for this will be on-site.

Teambuilder is for the Singles passes that everybody purchased through the MLG Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom