• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
That is not correct.

If you purchased a SSBB pass through the MLG Store, you must use www.mlgpro.com/teambuilder to confirm your team/pass.

Arturito_Burrito, you are referring to the Doubles side competition that takes place on Sunday. Registration for this will be on-site.

Teambuilder is for the Singles passes that everybody purchased through the MLG Store.
You should mention this in the title. I'm sure this is news to a lot of people that have already bought passes.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Your welcome guys =]. Just don't wanna see people get ****** over because they didn't do this.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
You should mention this in the title. I'm sure this is news to a lot of people that have already bought passes.
This information can be found HERE

2v2 Competition
  1. Registration for each Event will be taken on-site after the corresponding 1v1 Event ends. There won’t be any online Registration.
  2. Registration for each Event will close at 9:30 AM ET on the day of the Event.
  3. The Entry Fee will be $10 per Player.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It'd still be prudent to put it in the title; I know most people are totally unaware of it.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
JV previously mentioned that he didn't understand the purpose of the team builder for Smash since it is only 1v1 (and he did not think it was necessary). Deimos, are you just repeating information that is standard for Halo or have you confirmed this is also the case specifically for Smash?

MLG_Deimos

JV previously mentioned that he didn't understand the purpose of the team builder for Smash since it is only 1v1 (and he did not think it was necessary). Deimos, are you just repeating information that is standard for Halo or have you confirmed this is also the case specifically for Smash?
Teambuilder will allow players to be "Confirmed". That is it. In a game like Halo where there are teams, Teambuilder allows you to invite your team mates to the team, etc. If you purchased a Singles pass through the MLG Store, you should have your pass, and you should be ready to go. Another plus with Teambuilder is that if you can access it, you know you have a pass. If you can not access it, you may have a problem so you should contact the MLG Helpdesk right away.

If you have access to a computer, and you can access Teambuilder, I'd just hop on and confirm yourself. It will take literally 30 seconds to do.

However, if you have a pass, it is not an absolute necessity to get on teambuilder and just confirm yourself and can be done at Check-in.

In addition, Teambuilder will also auto confirm the users that are over 18, or provide the Media Consent forms for those players that are under 18.

The user that was remarking about Teambuilder was referring to the doubles event, in which I responded too.

Let me know if anybody has any more questions.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
man I have no idea what is going on anymore. Can someone check if I'm registered for teams or not? I had Nick Riddle buy my stuff for me like 2 weeks ago or so (I'll pay him back in person) cuz I don't have money left on my debit card anymore but idk if I'm registered for teams or not yet

stingers

Smash Obsessed
teams registration is in person. ignore the word "teambuilder" it might as well be called "singles registration confirmer". it's just a leftover feature from the team-centric halo they run every year.

MLG_Deimos

man I have no idea what is going on anymore. Can someone check if I'm registered for teams or not? I had Nick Riddle buy my stuff for me like 2 weeks ago or so (I'll pay him back in person) cuz I don't have money left on my debit card anymore but idk if I'm registered for teams or not yet
You will register on-site for the doubles competition.

If you have a question about if you are registered or not for the singles competition, you should submit a Helpdesk ticket on MLG: http://www.mlgpro.com/support/

Kel

Smash Master
Dr Pepper is amazing for us Americans, but Hot pockets? Come on guys, other than some hilarious (and borderline racist) commercials, Hot pocket hasn't done anything but give you diarrhea and you know it!

-!-

Smash Lord
teams registration is in person. ignore the word "teambuilder" it might as well be called "singles registration confirmer". it's just a leftover feature from the team-centric halo they run every year.
Yea the whole name confused me cuz I thought it ment "team/Doubles" so me and my partner had to like register as the "team"... soooo thats not the case then, it says I'm confirmed so I'm straight. :)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't think you can officially MM people. If you really want to MM someone, either do it at the hotel/person's house, or if you play a set and deem it a MM pay them later on in the day after MLG is done/once you leave.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
this was originally directed towards Deimos.... but AlphaZealot, maybe you can do/answer this instead?

As of now, Wiimotes are not permitted. If this for some reason changes, I will update everybody here.
So can you get someone to post exactly how a wii-mote can interfere with the bluetooth devices that mlg will be using.

If enough evidence can be provided by community, showing that there will not be any interference caused by the use of the wii-mote, will the restriction of their use be lifted?

So Fatal

Smash Master
this was originally directed towards Deimos.... but AlphaZealot, maybe you can do/answer this instead?

So can you get someone to post exactly how a wii-mote can interfere with the bluetooth devices that mlg will be using.

If enough evidence can be provided by community, showing that there will not be any interference caused by the use of the wii-mote, will the restriction of their use be lifted?
the community will never change MLGs mind on this issue, it's up to the MLG techs.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
any way we can get a list of the people who registered?

-!-

Smash Lord
Brackets are cool... a List of the people attending this will be much appreciated :) Also I hope W!!! motes get to be allowed... would be soo cool if it happens.

-!-

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
sadly wii motes wont happen and mlg usually does not list who is attending because that is a company and well...ya...xD

iRJi

Smash Champion
No, they actually do show early brackets. I believe they said they are going to do it for this one, too.

-!-

Smash Lord
Ohh nice, if they show the brackets then it's all good lol

ummm do they tend to show the bracket like a week before the event or how does that work???

-!-

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
SERIOUSLY? you notice this now? HAHAHA my playstyle is already stupid enough, who do you think you are talking to, doctar frankeinstein!? but I'm serious, we got chips, gums, drinks and hot pocket, lets get other **** in DAWG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom