• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAT

Smash Ace
Regarding the millisecond lag:
From what I'm told the lag hovers mostly between 15-25 milliseconds. However at any time it could spike upwards to 50-60 milliseconds (roughly 2-3 frames) or drop to almost 0. Tis the nature of the beast. As a reference they have this same problem for Halo, most players have grown so accustomed to it they do not even notice. Its only the really old school guys who grew up with tube tvs that notice and according to them its not a big deal at all and you can adapt very quickly.

Stop talking about adderall. The general policy here on Smashboards is that you cannot talk about any illegal or controlled substance (and this policy also means that even if you are 21 and can drink alcohol: don't talk about it). Warnings will ensue from here-forth.
**** you alpha. i'm prescribed adderall and i take offense. *******

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
We have seen many posts asking who has registered, and who has not. This is the full list of players that have registered thus far. There are 148 total so far. Please keep in mind that these are MLG Username, so they may not match exactly what their Smashboards username is.

-Ajax-
-Gato-
-ksizzle-
.X.FACTOR
2nLio
718R00kie
Affinity2412
AlliedNess
AllyMeOrNot
AllyOrNotAlly
arcticfox16
ArturitoBurrito
Atomsk92
Axi
Blakinola
Broccoli_Kong
bschung
CaseyErtle
ch33s3
ChuDatzzz
Cloudstealth
CO18
codpro11
CuraSK
D-Torr
D.rEZ
D1
daoser
DEHF
DewDaDash
Dimension_X
Dizzledog4000
dmbrandon
Dojo___mlg_
Dphat
Dr.Grandpa
Dr.Wario
Draconoa44
Dreweyes
EA11Cell
ESAM
EzRdyWln
Fatal-Strike
FatalMatt
Fearless_FL
Felixtrix
fightoned
Fino
flatsoduh
gallax
GameDragonX
GIMR
GotBoof
Grayfox_sama
h1noobpwnd
HavokZ
Head_Judge_FTW
heyyoufrannichu
hiROI
HRnut
IReticleI
iRJi
izzy24
jetx18
joeysmash20
JudgeMeow
Kelzorz
KingTarutaru
KingYoshi9025
KirinBlaze
kismet2
Kuro_v7
Kyon_Owitawa
lauclavien
lEddHunterl
LeeMartin
LessThanPi
Lil-Chi
LineRider
lorenzom
lou_4222
MalcolmMcNulty
MaskyFL
Megaman36
MHoltz
mikeHAZE
Mixcoatl
Mk18
NEOQT
NickRiddle
novabound
Nubsta
Ohmu
Pierce7d
Player-1
Punishment.Divine
Pyronic.Star
QueWhatHuh
Razek
Redhalberd
RichBrown
Rokanza
Rx-
san37111
ScaryLB59
Seibrik
Seigehyland
Sephiroth_D2k
Shadow_111
shadyf0o
Shaky3
sheik1287
Shintei
Sinfull0666
Sky Hazuki
Sn1cka
Snakeeee
Snipa5800
Sphere.
SuperWolf
t0mmyssb
t1mmy
T3h_Albino
Taigakan
Tearbear
TheReflexWonder
TheSexPuma
The_ADHD
TonyTheTiger1122
ToxicAcid1
Trent7
trumpboy777
TyRaNt-WC
u4iX
Ultimate_Razer
vAprezzo
VTEC239
xxCANDYxx
XxMalicexX13
xxTheNerdyX
Y.b.M.
Yineinjeru
YoshQ
zazen
Zelda-Master-Timmy
Zero_Suit_Diddy
_choice_

Space Jam

Smash Apprentice
We have seen many posts asking who has registered, and who has not. This is the full list of players that have registered thus far. There are 148 total so far. Please keep in mind that these are MLG Username, so they may not match exactly what their Smashboards username is.

IReticleI
Daaaats meeee :D

148, that's all so far? NEEDS MOAR!

-!-

Smash Lord
ohh nice we have a least... we need more XD HyPE!!!!!

EDIT: Wait, is ChuDat really coming XD??? Thats gonna be so damm good!

-!-

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Sephiroth_D2K = Ken my ****.

My boy Razer aint going because them new***s banned WiiMote even tho its been in the game since '08.

So thats 147.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
haha WOW, that registration list is pretty stacked.... haha This is going to be too good... Less than 3 weeks away... it's Goin down....

MrMLGAdam

MLG EVP
Doesn't matter, we cant win... they banned our controllers for being to good :(
I'm sorry it affects you so adversely, but we banned your controller because we know what we're doing. We did the same with the PS3 after being advised to BY SONY ENGINEERS about how the wireless signals will be jammed. Sony actually built us custom bluetooth disabled controllers for tournament use. With over 200 Xboxes, 20 Wiis, and 60 PS3s in the same room, there is a 'signal haze' in the room that actually prevents us from using wireless internet from industrial routers, let alone wireless controllers. Would some work? Maybe. Would they work if we let everyone use them? Absolutely not.

We've been doing these events for a while now (:p) and this is something we have explored backwards, forwards, and side ways, we're 100% confident that we made the right decision. Again, I'm sorry if it has put any competitors in a bad position, but it was a necessary decision.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why can't you just let them use it and if they can't get any response and lose because of it its their fault? @.@

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
why can't you just let them use it and if they can't get any response and lose because of it its their fault? @.@
Its not just the player that is using the wiimote that would be affected. The wireless wiimote could potentially interfere with other hardware as MLG_Clap described.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
This this this.

I guarantee people would be happier to know that they can't play due to controller problems and finding out for themselves than get their entire controller banned without the chance to even try it. Or atleast they'd be happier in having some choice.
Its not just the player that is using the wiimote that would be affected. The wireless wiimote could potentially interfere with other hardware as MLG_Clap described.
If there really is as much electrical interference as you're talking about, what are the chances that 4 Wii remotes are going to be the sole cause of some interference?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I'm sorry it affects you so adversely, but we banned your controller because we know what we're doing. We did the same with the PS3 after being advised to BY SONY ENGINEERS about how the wireless signals will be jammed. Sony actually built us custom bluetooth disabled controllers for tournament use. With over 200 Xboxes, 20 Wiis, and 60 PS3s in the same room, there is a 'signal haze' in the room that actually prevents us from using wireless internet from industrial routers, let alone wireless controllers. Would some work? Maybe. Would they work if we let everyone use them? Absolutely not.

We've been doing these events for a while now (:p) and this is something we have explored backwards, forwards, and side ways, we're 100% confident that we made the right decision. Again, I'm sorry if it has put any competitors in a bad position, but it was a necessary decision.
Is the issue our controllers not working? Or them interferring with your devices?

Edit: then can you get the controllers that gamestop uses since those are wired?

theunabletable

Smash Lord
unable, did you really just post that without reading the post directly above yours? >.>
I had loaded the page before that post was made so I didn't see it lol... Responded to it in an edit, though.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
I edited mine also, but he didn't say that it would affect their devices... he said that they can't use wireless internet, therefor Wii-motes will not work... if this is the case, can we just take our chances?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you can have a Wiimote Wired, AND MLG approves of all the hardware, then yeah you might have a shot.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you can't have a wired wiimote lol...even the displays at retailers aren't truly wired to the console, just wired to...something so you can't steal them.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i can't wait for Stingers' Super Smash Bash '10 in Hickory, North Carolina in August. It will be so hype.

Promote promote promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom