• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
you can't have a wired wiimote lol...even the displays at retailers aren't truly wired to the console, just wired to...something so you can't steal them.
this!

but yeah, uh, I say someone sneak a wiimote and mess around with it during WARM UPS.

see if there's any interference ;D

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys are *******s. ~3 people are suffering because of the no wiimotes. That obviously means you should always ***** about it. Yeah, it sucks that you spend money on it, and it could be a few hundred dollars, but **** man, it is ONLY a few hundred dollars. It isn't like you were travelling from OOC and it cost a few thousand. So yeah, to those 3 people, sorry. Everybody else, stop *****ing and promoting. It's really ****ed up and you are seriously disrespecting the owners of this entire site.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya i mean its not a big deal that a top player named RAZER or YBM or P~S is getting screwed...nah not a big deal right easm?

I mean its not THIER money right its not their FAMILieS money right

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Im joking my bad you are right its a little OD ... I should never follow in Xyro's footsteps.

still it does suck for wiimote players

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yea it does. it seems to me they're basing the wiimote ban off of what sony technicians told them about sony controllers (they use bluetooth). i was always under the assumption that wiimotes used infrared signals not bluetooth, hence the candle trick working to replace the sensor bar. maybe if they got in contact with nintendo and questioned them about it they could change the policy. i admit i'm not an expert on this so yeah if i'm way off here then just say so...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No **** it sucks for wiimote players, but using that disadvantage for those players to promote your own **** is ******** and very non-business like. It's kinda like saying "Hey, you guys don't like this, come to mine instead. It will be better," which is 100% disrespectful. Just becasue it sucks for those people, and yes I know they are top players (It doesn't matter whether they are scrbs or pros, the impact for 3 people is still the same) but that doesn't give you the right to take advantage of them.

Esam you must be autistic to not notice I'm making fun of Alex Strife
Yeah I know you were, the "guys" was to everybody actually promoting (Xyro and Alex)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I was joking...read above esam...relax XD...you are very uptight...i thoguht florida was very chill...guess you were the exception...mm ?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
You using a GC controller?
Unfortunately Yes I am.... A buddy of mine let me use his until I didn't need it...

Doesn't matter, we cant win... they banned our controllers for being to good :(
I feel you on that. Even though our skills are so broken that they are deciding to ban our Controllers, we must prevail.

I can't stand the gamecube controller... I couldn't even figure out how to hold it at first so I could press each button correctly. I despise using the C Stick, the L and R buttons are so huge and so **** loud when you press them, it's just an uncomfortable feeling...

But I've been practicing with the GC controller twice a day for at least 4-5 hours a day by myself as soon as I get home from work. I plan on doing that up until the event. Repetition is the mother of learning. You'll be surprised how strong your subconscious mind is. I won't let a dumb rule stop me from having possibly the most fun I have had in a while. I was stubborn about using the Gamcube Controller and wouldn't use anything else...but with this kind of money on the line, it could be a serious life changing experience. So I strongly encourage you to practice with it for a while, Configure the buttons until it's comfortable to you, and get advice from other players around you about there controller preferences.

Even if though MLG is ruling against it, I humbly plead that the MLG staff or whoever else is in charge of running this event test things out. As things have been stated before, you can't use Wii without a wii remote... So there is going to be atleast ONE Wii remote in the Vicinity to turn the Systems on. Even if things were told by SONY or whatever... SONY has nothing to do with Nintendo Wii but everything to do with Playstation 3. The same thing can be said about X-Box...

So just test out having 4 or 5 Wii remotes on and playing at the same time on different stations in the same area. Let's see what happens. That couldn't hurt. Cause these possibilities and might happens are an unsettling feeling. And if anyone else were in our shoes you all feel the same way. Let us know what happens please, and thanks.

So I look forward to seeing Ultimate Razer, Pyronic star, Tearbear, and whoever else uses the Wii mote at MLG Orlando. Let's overcome this adversity together.

CO18

Smash Hero
Unfortunately Yes I am.... A buddy of mine let me use his until I didn't need it...

I feel you on that. Even though our skills are so broken that they are deciding to ban our Controllers, we must prevail.

I can't stand the gamecube controller... I couldn't even figure out how to hold it at first so I could press each button correctly. I despise using the C Stick, the L and R buttons are so huge and so **** loud when you press them, it's just an uncomfortable feeling...

But I've been practicing with the GC controller twice a day for at least 4-5 hours a day by myself as soon as I get home from work. I plan on doing that up until the event. Repetition is the mother of learning. You'll be surprised how strong your subconscious mind is. I won't let a dumb rule stop me from having possibly the most fun I have had in a while. I was stubborn about using the Gamcube Controller and wouldn't use anything else...but with this kind of money on the line, it could be a serious life changing experience. So I strongly encourage you to practice with it for a while, Configure the buttons until it's comfortable to you, and get advice from other players around you about there controller preferences.

Even if though MLG is ruling against it, I humbly plead that the MLG staff or whoever else is in charge of running this event test things out. As things have been stated before, you can't use Wii without a wii remote... So there is going to be atleast ONE Wii remote in the Vicinity to turn the Systems on. Even if things were told by SONY or whatever... SONY has nothing to do with Nintendo Wii but everything to do with Playstation 3. The same thing can be said about X-Box...

So just test out having 4 or 5 Wii remotes on and playing at the same time on different stations in the same area. Let's see what happens. That couldn't hurt. Cause these possibilities and might happens are an unsettling feeling. And if anyone else were in our shoes you all feel the same way. Let us know what happens please, and thanks.

So I look forward to seeing Ultimate Razer, Pyronic star, Tearbear, and whoever else uses the Wii mote at MLG Orlando. Let's overcome this adversity together.
dam son will smith going hard. which movie did you say this in?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
regaurdless i'm gonna bring a wiimote and just leave it on out of spite, and see the drastic consequences that it has, along with my blue tooth headset, and laptop.. maybe i'll bring 3 wii-motes... just to show how drastic thigs would have been if they did let me, razor, and y.b.m. enter with our top tier controllers

edit: where can i even find a good controller at? aren't they like not even made anymore?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I Robot son

Dang CO18 now it's Men in Black. Bringing out that HEAVY ARTILLERY TO STOP THE BAD GUYS

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang they inspired to solve the Rubix Cube on the way to MLG

So Fatal

Smash Master
regaurdless i'm gonna bring a wiimote and just leave it on out of spite, and see the drastic consequences that it has, along with my blue tooth headset, and laptop.. maybe i'll bring 3 wii-motes... just to show how drastic thigs would have been if they did let me, razor, and y.b.m. enter with our top tier controllers

edit: where can i even find a good controller at? aren't they like not even made anymore?
not a smart thing to say when people who read this thread can kick you out of the event..

ebay.com

amazon.com

gamestop used sections

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i have to get a used one -.- i'm the biggest germaphobe in smash, i won't even let people touch my controller.... this is gay!

@anti
i'm fully aware... thus its not ignorance -.-

Tmacc

Smash Lord

ADHD

Smash Hero
You guys are *******s. ~3 people are suffering because of the no wiimotes. That obviously means you should always ***** about it. Yeah, it sucks that you spend money on it, and it could be a few hundred dollars, but **** man, it is ONLY a few hundred dollars. It isn't like you were travelling from OOC and it cost a few thousand. So yeah, to those 3 people, sorry. Everybody else, stop *****ing and promoting. It's really ****ed up and you are seriously disrespecting the owners of this entire site.
See now, if this was you with the wii mote someone might post this against you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=141TWN2MBEVR5D4GEG93

As far as I know, Gamecube controllers are currently no longer in production. It is expected this will remain the case for quite some time. These white controllers are a last ditch effort, so.... buy one.

Allied

Smash Master
Well lets hope the next event has a little bit more planning on MLGs part before they idk

buy tickets and plane tickets or something

sorry everyone who can't use a wireless
i mean GC aren't even in production anymore sucks xD they should be in production for smash players!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
See now, if this was you with the wii mote someone might post this against you.
I know. I would've been pissed but accepted the consequences and not *****ed about it.

Anyway, I'm happier now :)

Alex, yes I will MM you. Time to **** some OOSers ;)

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
As far as I am aware, Nintendo was forced to stop production of the GC controllers because of a lawsuit they lost or something along those lines. Sucks.

nevershootme

Smash Master
As far as I am aware, Nintendo was forced to stop production of the GC controllers because of a lawsuit they lost or something along those lines. Sucks.
"Nintendo is free to continue selling the controllers pending an appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.[3]" from wikipedia

the only way u get a controller is play-asia or be lucky to salvage used ones at gamestops

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I highly recommend purchasing the white controllers through play asia. They are great quality and have 10 foot cords, and while you are on the site you can purchase a Tri-wing screwdriver if you want to remove the shoulder springs. I purchased the screwdriver and 2 controllers almost 2 years ago now and it was one of the best purchases I've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom