• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-!-

Smash Lord
All this is making me think of the matches worth watching being play at the same time and me not knowing where to look... Sooooo Saaaaad :(

if that's how it turns out, so disappointing... I have some faith though :)

-!-

clowsui

Smash Legend
have faith...aZ + JV + other trusted MLG associates (i.e. Overswarm, who used to be fairly closely linked w/ MLG for Halo 1 & 2) will do a great job running the bracket

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I'm almost reconsidering. And buying a pass. Idkkk. I feel like I should save money for the one in Columbus. xD *ponders*

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
what qualifier? i thought the online qualifier only applies to events starting with ohio
That is correct. The first 2010 SSBB Pro Circuit Event (Orlando) will be random seeding due to the fact none of the players have any points.

After the first event, players will be using the following criteria, in this order: SSBB Pro Circuit Rank Points and SSBB Online Qualifier Rank Points. Players with no SSBB Rank Points will be seeded randomly. No Players will have SSBB Rank Points to seed the 1v1 Event until the 2nd Pro Circuit Competition.

MLG_Deimos

Hey Deimos,

My friend bought my pass for me, under my MLG account. He doesn't need to show up to verify, does he (because he's not gonna go)? Will the fact that it's under my MLG account and username make things easier, like I just have to show ID like you said earlier?
That is correct. You should be fine if he used your MLG username to purchase your account. You should just have your photo ID with you to prove your identity if asked.

MLG_Deimos

I'm almost reconsidering. And buying a pass. Idkkk. I feel like I should save money for the one in Columbus. xD *ponders*
I'd definitely suggest buying a pass or a spectator pass at least. MLG Events are a lot of fun and there are tons of stuff to do. You can go HERE to view everything that is available for the players/spectators at the events.

MLG_Deimos

Yeah... Does anybody know if / how many free play set ups will be available anyways? Unfortunately I was never able to attend MLG when Melee was on the Pro Circuit
There will be practice stations set up during the warm-up periods. Players can practice on these stations as long as the station is not required for a match. However, these stations can NOT be used for money matches.

Lobos

Smash Master
Because the smash community up till now has been live streaming their own events. This isn't exactly an community ran event

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because the smash community up till now has been live streaming their own events. This isn't exactly an community ran event
MLG uses something called Video On Demand on their own website, www.mlgpro.com

It is incredible quality and is the reason we livestream events today. MLG literally started the streaming craze in the smash community.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
if its 128 man bracket it probably wont be pools it will be straight bracket. Last time I checked MLG usually does brackets

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Lol....

Axis the west coast national started livestreaming smash community didn't care about mlg streams till now

iRJi

Smash Champion
Has it been decided if there will be pools???
99% there will be no pools. It's not there style xD.

Real reason: Pools are normally done if the tournament will drag out too long because of entries. This will not be the case at MLG.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
mlg was streaming before many actually...probably one of the first for smash if not the first.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I know in certain states it is technically against the law because it is looked at , as a form of gambling. So that would probably be why.. maybe?
The laws in general vaguely states about gambling in electronic form despite if it's skilled or not. just that lawmakers are pretty dumb about this ruling.

not skilled = slot machines
skilled = i.e. world series of poker w/e, video games, the olympics

1:128 or 1:256 chance of getting seeded randomly with ppl in same region...

but if you make a overall player count of who's attending and do a bit of stats stuff by region, then you can keep bull****ting here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom